Legion World
Posted By: Jfposey R.I.P. Marie Severin - 08/30/18 06:15 PM
As I look up tonight at the night's sky, another star will go out. Goodbye and know you will be missed. RIP Marie Severin.

August 21, 1929 – August 30, 2018

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jfposey Re: R.I.P. Marie Severin - 08/30/18 06:29 PM
An article is found here on her passing:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-marie-se...ource=CBR-FB-P&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: R.I.P. Marie Severin - 08/30/18 10:39 PM
R.I.P Marie Severin, she seems to have had a great sense of human and love for live. I remember that she worked on a parody comic called the Incredible Shulk.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: R.I.P. Marie Severin - 08/30/18 10:48 PM
What always came across about her was how loved she was by her fellows at Atlas/ Marvel. She seemed like the glue that held things together, while being multitalented in her own right and a very funny person. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: R.I.P. Marie Severin - 08/30/18 11:36 PM
She was, by all accounts, a rare gem of a human being. Rest in peace, Miss Severin.

Her talents for caricature and satire have been widely lauded, but she also had a flair for "Prince Valiant" style material, best showcased in her beautiful pencil art for the Marvel adaptation of the surprisingly intense (by 1981 standards) children's fantasy movie "Dragonslayer" (scripted by Denny O'Neil, from the screenplay by Hal Barwood & Matthew Robbins, the latter also being the film's director.) This side of her also got a bit of exposure in a few of the Hulk stories she drew, especially the ones with Hulk on Counter-Earth and Asgard; if anyone's curious about the Hulk stuff, there's plenty of cheap back issues of late 70s/early 80s color reprints under the "Marvel Super Heroes" title.
© Legion World