Roll Call
0 members (), 11 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Andy.jpg
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Legacy Legion Ferrous Lad, art by mvmarcz

4 Comments
Re: Legacy Legion Ferrous Lad, art by mvmarcz
Not-So-Bad Lad #873458 10/24/15 10:17 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I don't think a single, if large, scar is enough for Ferro. He "should" be much more heavily deformed.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Not-So-Bad Lad #873466 10/24/15 10:59 AM
OP Offline
That's a fair point, but one of the problems I had with Andy is brought up well in the Reboot: what does 'disfigured' mean in a galaxy full of different aliens and aesthetics? And even if he _was_, why can't science and medicine that's progressed so far fix it?

That being said, the mask should definitely be a big part of Andy's character, in my opinion. The way I approached it in my AU, and the way we did it in the Legacy Legion game, was gave him an ancient Braalian disease that also activated his metagene; now he can't really be separated from the condition, and the helmet isn't to hide his face as much as it is to keep his condition from spreading (though he is still self-concious about his appearance).

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
Not-So-Bad Lad #873468 10/24/15 11:10 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally Posted by Not-So-Bad Lad
That's a fair point, but one of the problems I had with Andy is brought up well in the Reboot: what does 'disfigured' mean in a galaxy full of different aliens and aesthetics?

Isn't that why they had him come from the 20th century? It hardly mattered what most others thought, HE couldn't get over it. [Until Steeple]

Hell, when he consulted the doctors, they said they couldn't justify operating on such a perfectly healthy young man!

And even if he _was_, why can't science and medicine that's progressed so far fix it?

Well, why couldn't Garth's arm be fixed? Hell, why doesn't the whole team have Wolverine+-grade healing factors?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Reboot #873469 10/24/15 11:25 AM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Reboot
That's a fair point, but one of the problems I had with Andy is brought up well in the Reboot: what does 'disfigured' mean in a galaxy full of different aliens and aesthetics?

Isn't that why they had him come from the 20th century? It hardly mattered what most others thought, HE couldn't get over it. [Until Steeple]

Hell, when he consulted the doctors, they said they couldn't justify operating on such a perfectly healthy young man!

Well, why couldn't Garth's arm be fixed? Hell, why doesn't the whole team have Wolverine+-grade healing factors?

Which worked alright with an Andy from a 20th Century, but I didn't think it would entirely with an Andy from the 30th Century.

On Garth's Arm: IIRC, they explained it as being unable to grow Garth a new arm due to his powers being incompatible with grafting that much tissue.

On the healing factors-they actually suggest there's a much longer lifespan for the Legionnaires Preboot, that they're possible in their 40s but the Lad/Lass monikers still apply as they're still early in their relative lifetimes. But it's entirely possible a treatment like that would have to be customer-suited to an individual a la the Lead Serum for Lar not quite working for other Daxamites, and 'designer' powers like that are definitely something I want to mess with in the future with the stories!

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,854
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
brigort
brigort
PEI, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star