Legion World
Posted By: MLLASH LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 05/21/08 06:07 PM
I wish I knew more about this character... *hint hint to Kid Quislet*
Posted By: MLLASH Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 05/21/08 06:16 PM
All I currently know about Laser Ape is this scenario Kid Quislet posted for various ways legionnaires could take down Super-Prime:

originally posted by Kid Quislet elsewhere:

A Time Cube-packing Rond Vidar appears to send Supes-Prime away, but it instead reduces Prime's age back to a baby. Newly joined Legionnaire Laser Ape takes Baby Prime to the Pocket Universe Earth, where Action Comics once again can proudly feature backup Superbaby and Ape stories (yay!).

now I must know more!

Who is Laser Ape? Is he a resident of Future Gorilla City or a sentient space-ape? What's the deal here?
Posted By: Kid Quislet Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 05/21/08 08:20 PM
As much as I'd like to take credit for Laser Ape, I borrowed the character from another Legion Worlder's post.

Where and when that post was escapes me, but it was in regard to what original powers are left for future Legion Applicants and members to apply with.

I always thought having a gorilla Legionnaire was a neat idea.
VOTE LASER APE 2008
http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004899;p=2

bottom of the post
Posted By: MLLASH Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 05/21/08 08:50 PM
Laser Ape kicks ass! I demand a Laser Ape smiley! (sometimes when Gary's bored he gives in to my outrageously silly demands)

Soon Laser Ape will be as immortal a part of LSH fistory as Saucy Jones, Shirley and Phillipe!
Posted By: Harbinger Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 05/22/08 11:29 AM
Laser Ape for Legion Leader! Oh yes! nod
Posted By: MLLASH Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 07/01/08 02:25 PM
Yeah, once I jump on a bandwagon, it *stays* jumped on. I haven't forgotten about Laser Ape.

I'd like to open the floor for discussions about Laser Ape's girl cousin, his uncle, his snoopy female next door neighbor and his pet human. Do/should any of them exist? Do/should any of them have powers?
Posted By: Kid Quislet Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 07/01/08 05:40 PM
I think I saw Laser Ape's direct descendant depicted in the Lightning Saga next to Timber Wolf in Gorilla City...
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 07/01/08 10:31 PM
Another descendant might be crashing at Diana Prince's apartment.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 07/02/08 04:46 PM
Laser Ape is no doubt in love with Shirley the Space-Maid, albeit in secret, dramatic fashion!
Posted By: THE LMB ENQUIRER Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 07/04/08 01:15 AM
NONEXISTENT APE AIMS FOR MEMBERSHIP, CRIMINALS

You don't want to be in his crosshairs. Laser Ape: NOW. Or soon at the very least.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 07/08/08 03:03 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 08/18/11 05:46 PM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Laser Ape kicks ass! I demand a Laser Ape smiley! (sometimes when Gary's bored he gives in to my outrageously silly demands)

Soon Laser Ape will be as immortal a part of LSH fistory as Saucy Jones, Shirley and Phillipe!
I miss Saucy Jones... I really wish she would be retconned into LSH fistory for reals...
Posted By: Future Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 08/22/11 10:44 AM
[Linked Image]

Also, I don't know where I've been with all this Laser Ape business the past few years - but I'm totally on the bandwagon now.
Posted By: Klar Ken T5477 Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 08/23/11 02:37 AM
Nothing on the internet ever goes away.

http://www.skiltair.com/Ian/Legion%20fic/Tryouts%20-%20Laser%20Ape.htm
Posted By: Set Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 08/23/11 04:43 AM
Woot, pimpage!

Saucy Jones and Laser Ape need to have a team up! Perhaps rewrite that old 'girl's night out' Legion backup story in 242, with Ayla, Tinya and, uh, someone else...
Posted By: Kid Quislet Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 08/25/11 04:30 AM
I think the idea of Laser Ape may have originated from here:

http://mightygodking.com/index.php/i-should-write-the-legion/

Check out Reason #10 & #28

Warning: potty language alert
Posted By: Set Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 08/25/11 06:29 AM
Heh, I love that site.

Reasons 5 (Blok), 13 (Alexis Luthor), 16 (Shadow Lass will wear clothes), 18 (Babbage), 19 (Subs are back), 23 (R.J. Brande), 28 (Girl Gorilla) and 29 (Ultra Boy is not stupid) appeal to me.

He's got a pretty funky list of \'Why I should write Dr. Strange\' as well.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 08/25/11 06:46 AM
I really liked it too, they are some pretty good ideas.... I was totally on board with him writing the Legion until ... dun dun dun ... one of his re-annotated images had Sun Boy calling Magnetic Kid ... 'Cos'.

see Number 45:
http://mightygodking.com/index.php/category/i-should-write-the-legion/

faux pas. frown

<--- nerdy Legion fan.

Some of my faves:

1) Karate Kid will fight a planet ... is pretty good! laugh

27) History is a gun ... 1,000 years IS a long time.

29) Ultra Boy is not stupid.

45) Saturn Girl is a bad ass
Posted By: MLLASH Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 08/25/11 02:12 PM
He lost me with his second reason.
Posted By: Set Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 08/25/11 08:36 PM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
He lost me with his second reason.
Well, yeah. Not all of them are gems.

It at least sounds like he had better reasoning than Levitz had for blowing up Titan...
Posted By: Kid Quislet Re: LASER APE for LSH Membership! - 08/27/11 09:26 PM
To me, unless you have a buildup for why the planet is blowing up and witness some of the consequences before it happens (Giffen's Earth and the Legion's evacuation of someplace due to the Fatal Five come to mind), the occurrence is rather anticlimactic.

The destruction of Orando and Titan was in the end a letdown and as a reader I personally felt little empathy for those events.
© Legion World