Legion World
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 01/11/05 12:09 AM
So is she just some random chick Marla picked to break into LSH HQ with him, or is there more to her than that?
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 01/11/05 12:31 AM
She's Marla's beard!

And where's her graemlin, pray tell?
I think it's cool how, at the tensest moment of the mini-series, she suddenly shifts to a bathing suit and high heels!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 01/11/05 01:28 AM
That's ONE way to relieve tension, I suppose!
Strangely enough, she also changes to a platinum blonde when she changes outfits!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 01/11/05 03:35 AM
It's like an IMAGE comic, pre-Image! It's kinda kooky, kinda krazy!
My theory is that there's a missing scene where she spills something or the other on her jumpsuit and has to borrow one of Dream Girl's outfits!
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 01/11/05 03:43 AM
Maybe Kitson will use this weird futuristic effect to go along with the glowing, pattern-changing fashion-tech of the new 31st century...

...imagine Vi charging into battle a brunette, changing to lilac-colored hair for a night out on the town, and then to a gas-coiffure (like Gas Girl) for interviews with LEGION AIR (the all-Legion news and gossip holoshow).
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 01/11/05 03:45 AM
Just who the heck is Aralyn, anyway? I'm not placing her... (please don't revoke my LEGION WORLD membership over this!!!) frown
She's the chick who breaks in to Legion HQ with Marla in the Secrets of the LSH mini-series!

And don't worry, I didn't know her name until I read my recently purchased copy of #3!
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 01/11/05 06:15 PM
Has she been reimagined? That looks like an Arlayn type in the red & white top.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 01/12/05 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
So is she just some random chick Marla picked to break into LSH HQ with him, or is there more to her than that?
According to the Help file, she was Marla's assistant. So if Marla shows up, can Arlayn be far behind?
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 01/12/05 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Has she been reimagined? That looks like an Arlayn type in the red & white top.
[Linked Image]
I wonder if that is the new molocule master just in front of her?
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 01/12/05 04:24 PM
Arlayn. She was very well versed on Legion history. Maybe she won the "Be the Assistant to the Assistant of the Man Who Founded the Legion" contest? You really have to know your Legion trivia, know how to talk to a computer, and not be afraid of Saturn Girl. Because of Arlayn, they almost skipped over all the Legionnaires with inherited super powers. Good thing Imra called her out on that "batch of misconceptions!"

FC, I think you're right. That girl from the Legion crowd scene is the perfect candidate for a reimagined Arlayn.

(Poor Gene D'Angelo. How could he NOT make a Clr'Ing Er'rr on that mini series? Notice also that at that time Jecky's cutouts were pretty much filled in as well as Shady's.)
I'm just bumping this thread in anticipation of Arlayn playing some sort of role in Sketchie's new competition over in BITS!
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 03/17/09 04:11 AM
I wanted to do a Janes' Girls contest at one point. Hmmm.... note to self.... revisit Janes' Girls idea...
Bumping for relevance to the current Legion re-read!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 03/01/17 05:46 PM
She was one of the earliest supporting characters I noted down for my Bits stuff. Criminally underused. Marla. Bah!

Mind you perhaps her full name is Arlayn Latham.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 03/01/17 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
I think it's cool how, at the tensest moment of the mini-series, she suddenly shifts to a bathing suit and high heels!

Sounds like this miniseries is about to be even more my speed!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Isn't it time for an Arlayn thread? - 03/02/17 12:35 PM
Is Aralyn's surname Onroe?

Is her real name Orma Ean Ortenson?

Did Elton John & Bernie Taupin write a ballad about her?

Seems to me she lived her life like a candle in the...oh, wait, that was Tenzil farting.
Maybe Aralyn's real name was Aralyn Unster.

If so, she may have been the "normal one" in her eccentric-looking family, The Unsters.
© Legion World