Legion World
Posted By: OpalWitch Identify: - 07/30/05 07:01 AM
Can anyone please tell me the names of these characters, and any powers the may have (except for Wildfire): [Linked Image]
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Identify: - 07/30/05 07:05 AM
Blok - Blok, invulnerability & super-strength.
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: Identify: - 07/30/05 07:09 AM
Thanks, Nighty!

So that's Nightwind, she looks so awesome there (not that she doesn't look awesome everywhere else) I just haven't seen her without the hood...cool!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Identify: - 07/30/05 01:47 PM
I used to love seeing those three interacting with Wildfire. After that story and the story where he tells them his origin, it always felt like they had an understanding and respect for him that they used to try to pass onto the rest of the Academy. I liked when they stuck up for him in #306 too (when Comet Queen made a comment about him).
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Identify: - 07/30/05 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I liked when they stuck up for him in #306 too (when Comet Queen made a comment about him).
Interesting you should bring that up. Comet Queen and Laurel Kent getting into a fight with Nightwind and Lamprey over Wildfire reminds me of this latest issue. And those guys were rejected from Legion membership for their immaturity...
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Identify: - 07/30/05 08:53 PM
I too always loved the Wildfire/Lamprey/Crystal Kid/Nightwind relationship.

Proof positive that good writing can promote whatwere likely going to be 1-shot characters to recurring characters or better.

I was always rooting for those 3 to make the Legion.
Posted By: Omni Craig Re: Identify: - 08/03/05 06:50 AM
Heck Lash, that's (future) history almost repeating itself. Our beloved LSH was a 1-shot deal at first.

The Wildfire/Lamphrey/Crystal Kid/Nightwind relationship could almost parallel Superboy/Cosmic Boy/Lightning Lad/Saturn Girl. The way the founders looked up to Kal, the recruits looked up to Wildfire. I'm sure in the latter case, a lot of it was pity but moreso it was that he confided in them his tragic story, and showed what a real hero was. Wildfire
Posted By: ferroboy Re: Identify: - 08/03/05 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Luna:
Thanks, Nighty!

So that's Nightwind, she looks so awesome there (not that she doesn't look awesome everywhere else) I just haven't seen her without the hood...cool!
Nightwind is actually a little different in appearance here. Later versions had her with some sort of tattoo-looking things on her face.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Identify: - 08/03/05 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Heck Lash, that's (future) history almost repeating itself. Our beloved LSH was a 1-shot deal at first.

The Wildfire/Lamphrey/Crystal Kid/Nightwind relationship could almost parallel Superboy/Cosmic Boy/Lightning Lad/Saturn Girl. The way the founders looked up to Kal, the recruits looked up to Wildfire. I'm sure in the latter case, a lot of it was pity but moreso it was that he confided in them his tragic story, and showed what a real hero was. Wildfire
Craig, you know, I never looked at it that way. Kinda obvious, but now that I see it, that makes me like it even more!
Posted By: Doc Nimbus Re: Identify: - 08/05/05 04:40 PM
I was always hoping those guys would make it into the Legion. Have been created by fans, and their special relationship with Wildfire, I enjoyed any appearance that they had. They had a TON of potential.

I hope we haven't seen the last of them.
Posted By: MYG Re: Identify: - 08/06/05 09:45 AM
Blok later went on to eventually join the Legion and became a fan favorite...especially with his relationships with Timberwolf and the White Witch.
Posted By: legionadventureman Re: Identify: - 08/06/05 12:08 PM
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[b] I liked when they stuck up for him in #306 too (when Comet Queen made a comment about him).
Interesting you should bring that up. Comet Queen and Laurel Kent getting into a fight with Nightwind and Lamprey over Wildfire reminds me of this latest issue. And those guys were rejected from Legion membership for their immaturity... [/b]
If youre talking about the issue where Wildfire,Invisible Kid II and the White Witch pay the Legion Academy students...wasn't that in LEGION 304 rather than 306?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Identify: - 08/06/05 06:40 PM
Possibly--can't remember the exact issue and way to lazy to ever look it up laugh
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Identify: - 08/06/05 07:42 PM
Yes, it was 304. Rereading it, when the girls break out into their fight, Power Lad says "The Girls have gone wild!" Styx woohoo!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Identify: - 08/08/05 08:15 PM
I wonder to what extent the return of Ayla as "Lightning Lass" effectively cost Lamprey her Legion membership. Would she have served as Garth's replacement had Ayla not regained her old powers?
© Legion World