Legion World
According to Paul Newell on comicbookresources.com:

According to the Legion Wiki, amongst other online sources, the "official" birthday of the Legion of Super-Heroes is February 27, 1958....The date the issue first appeared on newstands. The cover date is April 1958, of course, but issues back then would be out earlier to maximise their shelf life.

So happy 50th birthday to the Legion!
Indeed. Here's to 3050 more.
I think I'll buy some comics today to celebrate. It's a good thing that today is new comic book day ath the CBS. wink

Long Live the Legion!!!!!
Remember that issues of both Action Comcs and LSH hit today.
Happy Birthday! And to think, the Legion doesn't look a day over negative-2950!

Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Remember that issues of both Action Comcs and LSH hit today.
not if you're in the hinterlands. frown
Happy 50th LSH! Long live the Legion!
Here's to 50 more!
50 years and the adventures havent even begun yet....in the 30th century. LONG LIVE THE LEGION!!!
Just 950 years 'til 2958 A.D. Long Live the Legion! smile
I can't say I was around for all fifty, but I was here for most of them!

You kids out there, go pick up a copy and continue the tradition.

LLL
Not bad for a one-shot story...
LLL!

You know, I'm always surprised at what you can find out on the internets!

Time to read my reprint of that classic issue.
- Greetings to all Legion Fans on this *very special* day (I'm new!)

To commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Legion, I've been working on a "50 Years-50 Legionnaires" Sketchbook, featuring my own redesigns of classic Legion characters. I tried to incorporate their different looks, various costumes and character traits that they have had over the years...The collection is a work in progress, updated weekly - throughout this anniversary year...

I hope that you enjoy, and I appreciate any comments here and on my sketch blog! ^_^

Happy Anniversary, and...... Long Live the Legion!!!

www.lsh50-sketchbook.blogspot.com
Nice work, Josh. I like your Tyroc redesign.

Happy anniversary everyone !!! We made it.
Some nice designs, Josh! Can't wait to see the rest!

Wouldn't be great if we actually had a Legion with all those characters together?
Originally posted by Jerry:
Nice work, Josh. I like your Tyroc redesign.

Happy anniversary everyone !!! We made it.
Thank you! Much appreciated...I had a lot of fun working on Tyroc...where is he, anyway? tongue He needs to make a comeback. Josh
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Some nice designs, Josh! Can't wait to see the rest!

Wouldn't be great if we actually had a Legion with all those characters together?
Thank you so much! I'm so happy to have Legion fans finally looking at my sketches! laugh

That's what I am thinking...the Legion (esp. this year, for the 50th) should be a big mixture of IT ALL. It would rock to have XS alongside Tellus and Tyroc, etc.!
Looking through them again, I have to second the praise for Tyroc, and I also really like the Ayla design. Love the incorporation of "animated" elements in Imra and Brainy as well.
I especially liked the Saturn Girl and Mon-El sketches. Nice job!
And happy birthday Legion! May you have many more!
Originally posted by Teronna:
I especially liked the Saturn Girl and Mon-El sketches. Nice job!
Thank you! laugh Those are two Legionnaires that came along quite easily...certain designs had revisions, others just flow and you know when they are good to go! wink
Happy 50th Legion!

LLL!

band
Happy 50th Legion!

Josh, really like some of your designs, some nice reworking of classic costumes.

Here's hoping we do get to see all those Legionnaires again this year
Happy birthday, Legion of Super-Heroes and many thanks to its papas, Mort Weisinger, Otto Binder and Al Plastino -- the last who is still with us at age 87 and has a website where you can email him. If you want. smile
Oops, double post becomes double birthdays wishes.
Originally posted by stephbarton:
Happy 50th Legion!

Josh, really like some of your designs, some nice reworking of classic costumes.

Here's hoping we do get to see all those Legionnaires again this year
Thank you! It's a whole lotta fun. I just love the Legion! laugh
Here's my little happy-golden-anniversary to the Legion.
Great selection of clips, Matthew. You choked me up a bit there.
I'm a 41 year old divorced guy with one son. I work 40 hrs a week, I vote across party lines and yeah I happen to be a fan of The Legion of SuperHeroes.

Thanks Matthew sometimes you need to be reminded why you love something.
Since last night, I've been trying to come up with something grandiose and/or clever to post, but now I realize it's best to keep it simple:

Happy 50th Birthday, Legion of Super-Heroes.

happybirthday

ShadowLass
© Legion World