Legion World
Posted By: The Mighty Quinn M. Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 12/04/03 05:36 AM
She didn't appear much (that I know of) but Curt Swan's portrayal certainly was memorable!! I seem to attribute a languorous quality to her, even though I re-read that old Adventure adult LSV story and I'm not sure that really fits. But there you go!

The lick-of-flame bit of hair was odd in a good way!

I saw her appearance in Legionnaires 17. Didn't care for it.

There's no graemlin of her yet and no avatar (that I know of) but that's okay, if you put her on the back burner she'll simmer - dangerously!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 12/04/03 05:47 AM
Swan really WAS genuis, wasn't he?
"Lady, either drop the punning or get a better gag-writer!"
Posted By: ether_lad Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 12/05/03 12:11 AM
i gotta ask this...

i've heard the female inferno is a post-boot beauty blaze. is this true? i don't know a whole lot about her, so i can't say for sure.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 12/05/03 04:19 AM
Well, it's easy to say that, just like one could say Kinetix is a post-boot Life Lass and Shikari is a post-boot Dawnstar.

They're similar characters on the outside, and it gives us something fun to speculate about until a post-boot Beauty Blaze, Life Lass and Dawnstar are intro'd.

Really, pre-boot Beauty Blaze is such an unknown, who knows...?
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Swan really WAS genuis, wasn't he?
Oh yes.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 12/11/03 06:44 AM
If I ever get back to sketching things from the Archives, I'll eventually get to Beauty Blaze! Actually, I didn't rush right to my books to look her up. It's kinda fun to try and remember what she looks like.... I know she was a classic Swan beauty. I remember that hair on the top of her head that was supposed to look like a flame. I don't really remember her costume, but I'm sure it's a nice Swan ensemble. I remember she was first introduced in a canyon or something.

Okay, now I want to go dig up the story!
Posted By: Mekt Ranzz Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 12/11/03 10:56 PM
perhaps i'm the postboot beauty blaze?

LightningLord1
I enjoy Mr. Deanlegion's art and am particularly interested in his interpretation of Beauty Blaze!

Was her proper name ever mentioned?
Posted By: Ontir Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 04/01/04 12:20 AM
Can anyone tell me what Inferno's real name was/is?
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 04/01/04 12:27 AM
It's Sandy Anderson, isn't it? Or was that her name only in the 'Legion in the Fifties' Curt Swan tribute issue?

In any case, I'm pretty sure I remember an article that more or less stated that Inferno was a rebooted Beauty Blaze, as opposed to a reboot of the SW6 Inferno.

TN
Posted By: Reboot Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 04/01/04 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
It's Sandy Anderson, isn't it? Or was that her name only in the 'Legion in the Fifties' Curt Swan tribute issue?
It was only her name in there. Presumably, her real name is kinda-sorta similar, in the way the others were, but we don't know exactly what.

Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
...as opposed to a reboot of the SW6 Inferno.
Well, considering we've seen Dirk post-boot, that was never very likely, was it? smile
Posted By: Leap Year Lord Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 04/05/04 10:09 AM
Per the Inferno mini: she's Sandy Anderson and her parents are Jonn Anderson and Maja Will Anderson.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 04/05/04 05:02 PM
Country singer John Anderson? Of "Swingin'" fame?
Posted By: Kid Quislet Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 04/05/04 05:33 PM
At the time, I thought Flare, the onetime Fatal Five member under Emerald Empress was kinda the updated version of Beauty Blaze
[Linked Image]

Beauty Blaze by Sketch Lad!!
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Let's talk about BEAUTY BLAZE!! - 01/07/05 07:21 PM
Hah! Over a YEAR later!!!! The Mighty PATIENT Quinn M!
Originally posted by The Mighty Quinn M.:
...she'll simmer - dangerously!
Will she scorch the competition in the new PINUP MODEL series?
Well, what do you know? She did.

[Linked Image]
TOO BAD THEy didnt have her fight in infitie crisis and wind up with shaki and rejoining the legion on E-247
© Legion World