Legion World
Posted By: Gorilla Nebula Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/25/05 03:52 PM
Three options that jump to my mind:
1) Mon-El. Waid + Kitson mentioned he'd be coming at some point. and we know Kitson has a character sketch he can't reveal yet.
2) Shakiri. See end of TT/Legion Special. notice the glowing eyes.
3) 19th Member. The guy who's feet we see; who's caped silhouette we see; who's sitting next to Princess P; and we know Kitson has a character sketch he can't reveal yet.
What d'you all think? Any other ideas?
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/25/05 08:59 PM
Is this the yellow-eyed guy? (I don't have the issue yet.) If so, my first thought was Timber Wolf.
I'm guessing it's Mystery Boots Lad.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/25/05 10:51 PM
Ditto.
Posted By: ferroboy Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/26/05 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:

I'm embarrassed to say that Shikari never occurred to me. The yellow eyes certainly fit. And Shikari did need to use transmatter technology (or whatever they called it in the reboot) to move through space, right?
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/26/05 10:47 AM
SPOILER WARNING!!!?!!

How was I supposed to know that this was from the most recent issue? This could have been a topic about a Mystery Figure from ANY point in Legion history. Maybe I could have added some insight since I have a pretty extensive collection. Instead, I'm reading a discussion about something I wanted to read in the book first. If there isn't a rule about spoiler warnings, couldn't we just have some courtesy?
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/26/05 12:08 PM
It's a Supergirl robot he built in his sleep and programmed to love him... *click* love him... *click* love him....
Hmm, figure lurking in the shadows? I just figured it was, um, you know, SHADOW Lass. I didn't think it was colored to show the eyes were actually glowing (my copy is white, not yellow), just artistic license to show there's a person there.

But I like all your theories better, especially Shikari, though I don't think she'd be so quick to jump in and ally her self with one of the factions. Plus, the figure didn't talk in her usual "accent."
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/26/05 07:13 PM
would shikari be working with Brainy to help him "enforce" change on the UP?

I think it is most likly to be someone new who we have never seen.
Hmm... actually Shadow Lass might make quite a bit of sense, especially since we know (#1) that she's not happy with Cos's relationship with the U.P., and (#2) she's found out about Brainy's long-term plans. Maybe she's decided to ally herself with Brainy?
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/26/05 10:53 PM
Y'know, I hope it's Shikari and that a shake up between this era and the Reboot era starts. Probably not, but it could be cool....
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/27/05 01:18 AM
I'm hoping it's T-Wolf, and Sketch Lad, you're right , there should be a spoiler warning. I'll take care of it.
Actually I think its my mom...
i apologize about the lack of spoiler warning. i honestly thought there was no necessity, but obviously i stand corrected. i'll be more careful in the future. sorry all.
Posted By: Sir Tim Drake Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/27/05 07:26 AM
It's probably not Shadow Lass because she appears later in the issue. She and Light Lass are walking in the other direction as the three boys are running off to the bar.

Perhaps that was Chameleon imitating Shadow Lass, but I think that would be unnecessarily complicated.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/27/05 01:39 PM
How do glowing lit up eyes shining bright in the dark = Shadow Lass? We can scratch her from the list.

Maybe it's... LAUREL GAND? That would rock!
Hmm... could glowing eyes = Visi-Lad?
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/27/05 02:01 PM
Eyeful Ethel with new vision powers?
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/27/05 02:01 PM
ooooh, oooh, ooooh I've got it!

Its Kid Darkseid!
Waid said he wouldn't use Darkseid, but he didn't say anything about Kid Darkseid...
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/27/05 02:08 PM
Kid Darkseid continues the Silver-Age tradition of making decendants of villains into Legionnaires, like with Brainiac 5, and Homo-Lex and Mr. Mxgayptlk from the Adult Legion!

Mark Waid, I salute you!
If it were one glowing eye, I'd guess he'd reimagined Rond Vidar as Kid Universo...
Posted By: Harbinger Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/27/05 07:31 PM
I wondered if it was Projectra - we don't know anything about her yet so she may well be in Brainy's camp - also she could easily hide from Cos and not beseen leaving.
I assumed it was Tasmia. Who knows?
Posted By: Vee Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/28/05 09:48 AM
Actually, I immediately assumed it was Lyle. He was recruited by Brainy and is refered to as "one of Brainy's kids". His power explains why Cos didn't notice him back there and Brainy's choice of words also point to him..."don't let anyone see you"
Posted By: Tromium Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/28/05 12:36 PM
Brainy's accomplice was getting reading to jump through the transmatter in a mere 10 minutes (in secret, mind you), so I don't think it was Lyle, Tasmia, Cham or anyone else we saw later in the issue. Projectra is a good guess (were those snake eyes?) but I got the distinct impression it was a male.

Barry said there was an unrevealed character who would play a large role in issue #5. I'm guessing it's Mystery Boot Guy, who (wishful thinking) might also be T-Wolf.
Posted By: jimgallagher Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/28/05 01:50 PM
I hope it's not Timber Wolf. His last few incarnations have ruined this character for me.

I also hope it's not Shikari. I'm sure she'll show up eventually, but I hope not yet. We haven't even met all of the current Legion yet.

I guess I'm hoping for Mon-El or someone else who's already on the team.
Originally posted by Vee:
Actually, I immediately assumed it was Lyle. He was recruited by Brainy and is refered to as "one of Brainy's kids". His power explains why Cos didn't notice him back there and Brainy's choice of words also point to him..."don't let anyone [b]see you"[/b]
Next issue is "Lyle's fateful decision..."
Posted By: jimgallagher Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/28/05 04:19 PM
Can someone zip us up a scan of the panel in question?
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/28/05 04:29 PM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
How do glowing lit up eyes shining bright in the dark = Shadow Lass?
I don't think it's her, but for all we know Shady's eyes might be able to light up when she's enveloped in her darkfield.

Besides, that face (what we can see of it) seems masculine to me.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/28/05 04:44 PM
Shadow Kid, then?

Probably not, but it would be interesting if Brainy had somehow recruited a "side Legion" of his own.
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/28/05 04:48 PM
Brainy's Mystery Figure? He's pear-shaped! That explains the labcoats and the baggy pants for all those years...

I don't think it's remotely possible, but I thought 'Silver Slasher' when I first glanced at that panel.

Invisible Kid or a 'new' character seem likeliest, to me.
Posted By: Owl Lad Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/28/05 06:57 PM
I like the idea of Timberwolf, the idea of brains using the brawny beast.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/28/05 07:28 PM
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Can someone zip us up a scan of the panel in question?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 02/28/05 10:06 PM
Seeing it WAY up close like that, the figure looks FEMININE to me now. Hmmmm.... I certainly hope it isn't any Legionnaire we're already aware is on the team, and I certainly hope it isn't Shikari.

I'm going to hold out hope that Mystery Boots Lad is actually a Mystery Boots LASS, and that the mysterious figure is Laurel Gand....
Posted By: Super Lad Kid Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/01/05 12:43 AM
My first instinct was that it was Atom Girl/Violet. She is still a mystery character to some on the team apparently, and would have no trouble leaving the room unseen.
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/01/05 04:57 AM
Transmatter? As in teleportation? Why would someone secretly teleport to see Brainy and leave?

Of the planets mentioned not being overly liked by the Legion we have Daxam and Lallor.

Lar or Laurel Gand or heck Duplicate Boy smile those marks at the bottom of the shadowy figure looks like Duplicate Boy's markings???

I say Laurel.
Posted By: jimgallagher Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/01/05 08:17 PM
I'm afraid it's Shikari. She's gray, she has no irises and those two pointy marks could be her spikey armor. Does she have spikes on her elbows?

I hope I'm wrong though.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/01/05 08:23 PM
Y'know, Jim, you may very well be right. *sigh*

I just think it's too SOON to be bringing in a character from the reboot when we haven't properly met all the current cast yet.

But I'll trust Waid to make it good, if it IS her...
Posted By: Pariscub Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/01/05 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
Three options that jump to my mind:
1) Mon-El. Waid + Kitson mentioned he'd be coming at some point. and we know Kitson has a character sketch he can't reveal yet.
3) 19th Member. The guy who's feet we see; who's caped silhouette we see; who's sitting next to Princess P; and we know Kitson has a character sketch he can't reveal yet.
What d'you all think? Any other ideas?
the person with strange looking gloves we see on the splash page for the first issue (the brown gloves with what look like bumps?)?
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
My first instinct was that it was Atom Girl/Violet. She is still a mystery character to some on the team apparently, and would have no trouble leaving the room unseen.
I *like* that one.

I thought it was Tasmia, for some reason, but the eyes were off. (If the 'glow' was just reflection, Brainy's eyes should catch the light too.)
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/02/05 04:04 AM
Didn't even think of Shikari. I gotta say if it is Shikari and Waid manages a good tale/explanation out of it I shall bend more towards this Legion and Waid. wink

Or it can be some obscure Silver Age character, doh!
Posted By: Kid Quislet Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/02/05 06:38 AM
I'm with Vee. My first and only impression was that it was Invisible Kid, especially since he is to be featured in issue #4. Imagine two smart guys like them teaming up on the same side against the other Legionnaires!
Posted By: Digiac 5 Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/02/05 01:20 PM
It doesn't SOUND like Shikari, unless she's learned better English/Interlac. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she have the ability to find/open portals by herself? Then she wouldn't _need_ the transmatter.

(Of course, there's my pet theory that she's behind the transmatters, and is possibly the Brande-equivalent of this team).

I like the Timber Wolf idea...
Posted By: matlock Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/02/05 04:58 PM
Shikari couldn't create Thresholds, only navigate from portal to portal. I'm leaning toward it being Shikari too. Who knows when she arrived in this reality? Perhaps long enough to have mastered proper Interlac (I do hope they keep Interlac in this reality.) "Green Legion" was one of her chums in the Zero Hour Legion, so maybe she gravitated toward him in this one too?
Posted By: Starbucks Kid Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/02/05 05:58 PM
Maybe Shikari's appearance in this reality prompted the formation of the current Legion. What if she's one of the founders? !O.o!

Ya just gotta love conspiracy threads. I'm sure that Barry's reading this with a big grin on his face.
Posted By: jimgallagher Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/02/05 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Mario Di Giacomo:
It doesn't SOUND like Shikari,
Well, how WOULD Shikari have said, "How soon can you have the transmatter set up?" If we slip a simple little phrase like "Green Legion" in at the end:

"How soon can you have the transmatter set up, Green Legion?" it sounds just like her.
Posted By: mxy2 Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/02/05 06:49 PM
Mystery Boot Boy = Ferro Boy????
Posted By: Digiac 5 Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/03/05 01:41 AM
My mistake. For some reason, I thought 'Kari opened the thresholds herself.

Looking at the panel again, I can't help but think the face (especially the eyes) looks a bit artificial. So I'm going to go out on a lim, and guess Computo.
Posted By: Autochef Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/03/05 05:05 PM
Anti-Lad? Tyroc? It could be almost anyone!
Posted By: Daryl Re: Brainy's Mystery Figure?(Spoilers) - 03/03/05 07:38 PM
I don't have the issue in front of me but remember the scene when Micro Lad and was it... Light Lass...are feuding with the SP's? Invisible Kid appears as if he has been hiding from the SP's. If that scene comes after the "figure in the shadows" scene, Invisible Kid conceivably could be returning from his stealthy meeting from Brainy.

If so, my guess is Invisible Kid is in the shadows.

If not, well.. then I'm an idiot.
© Legion World