Legion World
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Jan: Closet Insectasexual? - 05/19/04 12:32 PM
Did his secret crush on Gates lead him to populate the second galaxy with bug people?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Jan: Closet Insectasexual? - 05/19/04 12:39 PM
Come to think of it, Jan only joined the Legion AFTER Gates did, and he showed no interest in joining before Gates showed up!
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: Jan: Closet Insectasexual? - 05/20/04 02:55 AM
A pretty good case could be made that Jan (and Jo and Garth and possibly Andromeda) *were* Legionnaires all that time after the conclusion of the White Triangle storyline.

Remember the 'Rescue Squad' (which should return, I think...)? I think Cos thought of its members as Legionnaires, anyway-- but was unable to acknowledge it because of the Chu sting.

As for Jan's bug-chasing(!)... he'd better keep his hands off Gates' chiton-- L'onna 'Insect Queen' L'angg (that doesn't look right...) has first dibs! She just can't wait to seek her mandibles into that tasty little morsel.

TN
Posted By: Reboot Re: Jan: Closet Insectasexual? - 05/20/04 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
A pretty good case could be made that Jan (and Jo and Garth and possibly Andromeda) *were* Legionnaires all that time after the conclusion of the White Triangle storyline.

Remember the 'Rescue Squad' (which should return, I think...)? I think Cos thought of its members as Legionnaires, anyway-- but was unable to acknowledge it because of the Chu sting.
Well Jan couldn't have been until after Vi punched him in the mouth, surely.
Posted By: Tromium Re: Jan: Closet Insectasexual? - 05/20/04 03:19 PM
It's not only Gates! Remember when Cham turned himself into a spider and Jan called him "a handsome arachnid" or something like that?

Trommites have a long and shameful history of secret bug loving. That's why they kept their distance from the U.P. so long and why their population was so low.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Jan: Closet Insectasexual? - 12/28/16 07:59 PM
Trom...

Officer Erin: And these must be the Tromium crystals marking your lost people... I'm so sorry Jan.
Element Lad: No...these are crystalline coated eggs... soon they will hatch.. and our chattering mandibles will bring terror to the galaxy!
Officer Erin: Erin to Imra. Erin to Imra. Yeah, this one's gone off the deep end too...
© Legion World