Legion World
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Nth Metal and Flight Rings - 08/14/05 12:40 PM
Is there any known connection between Nth Metal (the stuff that allows Hawkman to fly) and the Legion Flight Rings? They both have similar properties. I figured this would be the place to ask.

Thanks!
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Nth Metal and Flight Rings - 08/14/05 02:08 PM
None that I'm aware of.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Nth Metal and Flight Rings - 08/14/05 05:34 PM
But that would make a cool connection to the DCU mythos.

That is of course, if the Legion being connected to the DCU mythos could ever actually be done consistently and correctly again...
Posted By: Tromium Re: Nth Metal and Flight Rings - 08/14/05 05:59 PM
The connection was made in the 1994 Legionnaires Annual #1 (Avalon Elseworlds), which opens with RJ Brande and Rokk finding the anti-grav metal on a desolated Thanagar.

That story was co-written by Mark Waid, so you might be on to something, Rockhopper Lad.
Posted By: Vee Re: Nth Metal and Flight Rings - 08/14/05 06:08 PM
Of course in Legion Lore, there is no connection. Flight rings are made from Element 152, created by Mon-El (as Marvel Lad or Legionnaire Lemon) as part of his initiation testing.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Nth Metal and Flight Rings - 08/14/05 08:23 PM
Ah... but could Mon-El have just re-discovered what the Thangarians had all the time?
Posted By: Tromium Re: Nth Metal and Flight Rings - 08/14/05 08:54 PM
Well, I assume it's unlikely to be Mon in the 3boot, since he isn't even in it yet. Maybe Brainy got hold of a chunk from what's left of Thanagar.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: Nth Metal and Flight Rings - 08/14/05 09:43 PM
Or maybe one of the current Legionnaires is the latest incarnation of Carter, Shiera or Hector Hall. I kinda doubt it, but I guess it could happen.
cool theory, Rockhopper Lad !!

and i must go read that 'LEGIONNAIRES' annual again, don't recall that scene about the Nth metal !!

Matthew.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: Nth Metal and Flight Rings - 08/20/05 07:46 PM
Well, hasn't Thanagar shown up in the thirty-first century already? If so, wouldn't the metal be known?

'course, i may be thinking about the DnA instead of the MnK era.
© Legion World