Legion World
Posted By: Fat Cramer Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/09/03 09:26 PM
A self-defeating thread.

Who would you like to erase from Legion history? Who's just too embarassing to even make jokes about?

My vote goes to Legion applicant "Double Header" - one guy, two heads, and the heads were always fighting with one another. He was an ugly cuss, too.
Posted By: M'onel Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 01:09 AM
I seoncd that, Double Header is just... *Shudders*

I would vote for Color Kid if it weren't for the Subs which shown he was somewhat useful.
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 10:18 AM
Proty -- I'm not racist or anything, but I never liked the little pisser and stories that involved him or his race weren't interesting (or just plain destructive to continuity -- Lightning Lad, Kid Q I).

The new Emerald Empress -- sucks, sucks, sucks (and not in a good way).
Posted By: minesurfer Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 12:48 PM
I've got the all-time character... and I can prove it too, because nobody ever posts about the character.

I'm going to let some other people have a crack at naming the character first, because if I name the character now, I'm pretty confident that it will kill this thread. smile
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 12:53 PM
I echo Drake's vote for Proty. The little bastard tried to ruin Garth's continuity. That useless little piece of protoplasam should have just stayed dead!
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 01:23 PM
Proty was an excrescence, wasn't he? And Minesurfer's pick sounds intriguing.

Somehow, in these blissful summer days, I had actually forgotten about....
KOKO! KOKO! KOKO! A life in a cosmetic testing lab would be too good for him.
Posted By: Reboot Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 02:15 PM
KRYPTO. Kill him off, mince him into the consistancy of mashed potatoes, burn the remains, and never speak of him again.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 02:20 PM
Fortress Lad is the most obvious that springs to mind. Yuck!

Other than that, there are very few I'd consider better-off forgotten.
Posted By: minesurfer Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 03:43 PM
Nope haven't seen the character named yet.

This is the exact reason why I chose my avatar though. I figured nobody else would choose Proty... and well the imp in me figured it might drive some people "crazy" to keep looking at it.

I like to think of it as the LLance picture for this board. I'm thinking about drawing a bro or manzier on it.
Posted By: matlock Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 03:54 PM
Kid Quantum (preboot) - what kind dupes did they think we were? None of my Adventure comics have him in 'em. And to top it off he was some kind of space hippie/Arrested-Development-without-the-rapping goofball. And he was some kind of Protean too, though it makes my head hurt to try to remember exactly how.

Kid Quantum I (postboot) - Jerk. Looking back, it might not have been nice that his corpse got blowed up, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Atmos (preboot) - Jerk. B.I.O.N. should've killed him slower.

This one's for Greybird:

"Bounty" - Some bodiless cretin does bad things to Dawnstar and society in general. Thankfully they followed up on it and came to a nice resolution to that subplot. No wait, they never did.
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 06:46 PM
Originally posted by minesurfer:
I've got the all-time character... and I can prove it too, because nobody ever posts about the character.
Oh, I know!! It's that annoying SP Officer who was Svaughn's partner right??? What a turd he was whateverhisnamewuz-- I forgot him already I guess....
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 08:03 PM
I was quite pleased when FORTRESS LAD was whited out by Zero Hour.
Posted By: Pov Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 08:08 PM
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Oh, I know!! It's that annoying SP Officer who was Svaughn's partner right??? What a turd he was, whateverhisnamewuz-- I forgot him already I guess....
Dvron, wuznit? Whutta schmo... laugh
Posted By: Pov Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 08:12 PM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I was quite pleased when FORTRESS LAD was whited out by Zero Hour.
The real cause of Zero Hour: The wiseguy who had Wildfire rooming in F-Lad's colon...! shocked wink
Posted By: minesurfer Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 08:13 PM
Haven't seen the name yet.

I'll post my choice tomorrow just before lunch on the east coast (US) of course. Don't want to let the tension get to be too much... Don't know if this character will be a let down or not. Anymore than what they already are of course... eek
Posted By: Nardo Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/10/03 09:54 PM
Matter-Eater Lad should choke on water and die.

The only good Bismolian is a dead Bismolian.

Look it up.
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/11/03 07:54 AM
Haven't seen the name yet.

I'll post my choice tomorrow just before lunch on the east coast (US) of course.
Ok, I'll take another guess ... Marla? What's that old fart really done anyway besides put webcams in the girls' shower?
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/11/03 08:24 AM
We wait with bated breath. I figure it must be some character who messes with memory, but I don't know who that might be.

Maybe Lady Memory from Talok?

Boy, that Nardo sure is a prickly guy. I thought he liked fat Bismollians.
Posted By: minesurfer Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/11/03 11:23 AM
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:

Ok, I'll take another guess ... Marla? What's that old fart really done anyway besides put webcams in the girls' shower?
And this would make him annoying...how? smile

Alright, a few clues...

You guys aren't thinking obscure enough, only one appearance for this GUY that I can think of.
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/11/03 11:38 AM
Not a purely Legion character I know but I kinda wish I could forget about comet the super horse.

The thought of dear sweet Kara getting it on with a boyfriend who was also a horse was always a little, well; unnatural I mean I know there are websites devoted to that sort of goings on. But…..

eek
Posted By: minesurfer Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/11/03 12:54 PM
It's not quite lunch time yet, but I'm hungry and I hope to keep my lunch down when I do eat. The only way that will happen is if I am not thinking about this character, so here we go...

Bob Saggett,
Screech,
Urkel,
Willy Ames,
Boss Hogg and Roscoe P. Coltrain.

Well if comic books were TV, this Legion character would be the next name uttered. One appearance that to me is so memorable only because I wish I could forget it.

Bloodlines Story, Legion Annual #3 or something like that. It's starting to filter back to you now… Jamm.

Wisked away from his 1990's setting (along with Furball, I believe, and some Demonic entity (Don't you think Demonic Entities have an unfounded bad rep?)) and unleashed on an unsuspecting, yet albeit clothed Legion. Has there ever been a worse character than a male siren? Not only that, but with power over both sexes? Its Legion androgyny not seen since the Shvaugn/Sean days.

I ask you, what good is a siren without boobs? If comics were TV, this character would have me pressing at the mute button faster than a Madonna video. I don't even think Jamm's creator liked him, and sometimes I don't think the creator of Jamm liked us either. Hell, if Jamm had a mother, I don't even think she would like him.

Just plain, bad stuff. Give me Proty and Lori Morning any day, all day and be glad that Jamm is toast. Don't let your skateboard hit you on the way out. Just hope that the front wheels catch on Lori's H-Dial and send him head over feet onto hard pavement.

Thread Over. End of Topic.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/11/03 02:48 PM
Hmm... Jamm is a pretty good choice, minesurfer.

Jamm and Fortress Lad probably stand as the worst two in my book.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/11/03 06:05 PM

Just plain, bad stuff. Give me Proty and Lori Morning any day, all day and be glad that Jamm is toast. Don't let your skateboard hit you on the way out. Just hope that the front wheels catch on Lori's H-Dial and send him head over feet onto hard pavement.

Thread Over. End of Topic.
AMEN! That was an awful issue. And quite frankly I don't even remember Jamm and I'm not going into the old comics box to remind myself.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/12/03 11:56 PM
Oh come ON! Jamm did the same thing alla YOU would have done-- made Night Girl and Shadow Lass get nekkid!

Yeah, he sucked pretty bad. One of the reasons why LEGION should never be subjugated to DC crossovers. (Laurel Kent: Manhunter being another example, Superboy eradicated by CRISIS being a third!)
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/12/03 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Nardo:
Matter-Eater Lad should choke on water and die.

Look it up.
Them's fighting words, ya 3-eyed bastich!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/13/03 12:13 AM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Originally posted by Nardo:
[b] Matter-Eater Lad should choke on water and die.

Look it up.
Them's fighting words, ya 3-eyed bastich! [/b]
Ah... Nardo's just practicin' for his big appearance in Matter-Eater Lad: The Series!
Posted By: LoneWolfLondo Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/13/03 11:55 PM
Great Googily Moogily!
It's all coming back to me now...must've been that self-induced hypnotic block....the Prodigous Jamm.
Absolutely nothing redeeming about that character. I mean, even Plaid Lad has some laugh value but not Jamm. What kind of Jamm was he anyway? I saw him as more of a jelly.... confused
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/14/03 12:34 AM
Hmmm. Jamm or Lori Morning? Well considering Jamm's appearance didn't last long and there is still a possibility of that stupid little tween showing up in The Legion, she gets my vote best left forgotten.
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/14/03 01:50 AM
Not to dredge up horrible memories, but what happened to Lori Morning anyway?? I don't seem to remember what happened to her after she was hanging out with the Time Trapper.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/14/03 04:29 AM
She got the H-Dial; she joined Workforce; the H-Dial got smashed during "Widening Rifts".

She has not been seen since. laugh
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/14/03 04:31 AM
Shhh! Don't let DnA know there's another character out there they can pull in. I'm hoping she imploded in the Rift. Probably not but I can dream can't I?
Posted By: minesurfer Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/14/03 01:27 PM
I heard that Lori left the Work Force after Brainy took away her H-Dial to repair the rift. She went to the planet where Koko was. Turned out the planet has a mystical aura which gave Lori fur and a tail. She married Koko and they had a baby named Cubby who will grow up to be the Time Trapper. I guess that makes Lori the future Trapper Keeper.

And Lash, you are absolutely right... Jamm did exactly what I would have done (on a smaller scale of course, I would have had all the female Legionnaires nekkid). It just goes to show you how badd of a character he really was. Not even him making women get nekkid could save him.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/14/03 02:32 PM
Lori was last seen at the funeral for the Legionnaires who "died" in the Rift incident. I firmly expect she will be redeemed as a character when she returns, hopefully with McCauley's fortune (not to mention Lester) in tow!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/14/03 02:39 PM
If they do bring her back, please, please, by all that is holy, SORAS her.

Before any of you think I was making a very bad comment SORAS is Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome. You know, where an actor, usually a child, goes away for the weekend and comes home a full grown adult while their parents are still the same age. Used daily in soap operas around the world.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/14/03 05:44 PM
She should reasonably be at least 13 or 14, right?
Posted By: minesurfer Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/14/03 06:19 PM
Too many jokes... Must resist temptation... Don't want to annoy any Southern posters...
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/14/03 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
She should reasonably be at least 13 or 14, right?
She was nine when the Lost entered the Rift so if she was close to her tenth birthday and they actually aged her over the year the Legion was gone at the most she'd be 11. Still too young in my book.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/15/03 03:17 AM
I thought she was shown celebrating her tenth birthday back when she was still physically a twenty-year old. Add at least a year since that issue, the year the Legion were lost, and some more time passed since the Legion returned, and I don't believe 13 or 14 is unrealistic.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 07/15/03 04:22 AM
I think you are right Eryk. In Legionnaires #44 they celebrated her 11th birthday. A few months later the Legion was trapped in the time stream (by Lori) and when released it was noted that Lori emerged from the stream looking younger than when she entered. But no mentioned (that I recall) was ever made of her age or if it had changed.

This was all about 3 years (our time, roughly 30 issues) before Legionnaires was cancelled. So your estimate is a lot closer than mine.

Still doesn't make me like her or want to see her show up.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 05/20/04 08:04 PM
Hmm... so maybe we'll get Jamm's appearance reprinted in a TPB alongside the Fortress Lad story and a few of Lori Morning's starring issues?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 05/20/04 10:31 PM
Roll Call!:

Jamm
Fortress Lad
Lori Morning
Koko

No way could Proty be part of this crew! Proty rocks!
Posted By: Stu Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 05/21/04 01:44 AM
Hey! The "O" in the title of this thread is really a "0" (zero)...!

(This must be a secret encoded message meant just for me...!)
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 05/21/04 06:18 AM
I for one am happy Devlin O'Ryan got wiped out of existence...
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 05/21/04 01:07 PM
Most embarassing? The name 'Radiation Roy'. I mean the guy's powers weren't bad, but that's the name he came up with? And kept? Lame, lame, lame.

I like a lot of characters on this thread- Krypto, Proty... I like the idea of a male siren, but Jamm *was* shudder inducing, and not in a good way.

I absolutely despised preboot Atmos. He'd get my vote for most hated, if we're offering that up as well.

But to answer the question "Who would you erase from Legion history?", I'd have to say the Progenitor.

TN
Posted By: kid chaos Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 05/21/04 09:27 PM
I wouldn't mind the return of Lori Morning if all the chronal energy she was exposed to gave her the ability to alter people's age. And then she 'matures' herself and takes a trip to Baaldur....
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 05/23/04 03:09 AM
what about that geeky kid from Grell days?

Flynt Broj or something like that. Levitz used him too. annoying little git...
Posted By: Frenk Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/08/04 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
A self-defeating thread.

Who would you like to erase from Legion history? Who's just too embarassing to even make jokes about?

My vote goes to Legion applicant "Double Header" - one guy, two heads, and the heads were always fighting with one another. He was an ugly cuss, too.
I resent this!
Posted By: Dyvud Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/08/04 01:54 AM
Yeah! I've been told I'm much better looking than he is!
Posted By: Frenk Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/08/04 01:55 AM
Bah!

<punch!>
Posted By: Dyvud Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/08/04 01:57 AM
Sissy! You never could fight!
Posted By: Frenk Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/08/04 01:59 AM
I usually beat your face up so bad that your ugliness makes us look bad! Momma's boy!
Posted By: Dyvud Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/08/04 02:02 AM
Yeah! If you were as good at anything else as you were at name-calling, we'd still have a job!
Posted By: Frenk Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/08/04 02:04 AM
Bah! Now you've scared everyone in this forum away!
Posted By: Dyvud Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/08/04 02:05 AM
Bah!
Posted By: jimgallagher Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/08/04 08:31 PM
What about Shadowplay? Whatever happened to her?
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/08/04 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
what about that geeky kid from Grell days?

Flynt Broj or something like that. Levitz used him too. annoying little git...
Hey, wasn't (isn't) that a real person?
Posted By: Library Lad Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/08/04 09:14 PM
Honestly. I have to admit...
I rather LIKED "Fortress Lad".
There. I said it.
Mind you, I didn't take the story very seriously, but then again, I think that's part of the problem with comics these days. Too much Bronze Age grimness and dark nastiness. Not enough whimsy and just plain giggly fun. Angst is all well and good and all. Deep storytelling is great, on those rare occasions when it happens.
But every once in a great while it's nice to pick up a comic that's just plain entertaining and even funny.
Fortress Lad worked on that level for me. And I'm a big "Arm-Fall-Off Boy" fan, too.

Jamm is undoubtedly the most awful thing EVER perpetrated on the Legion. Someone whip out the Miracle Machine and MAKE HIM GO AWAY FOREVER!

ahem.
I don't mind Fortress Lad too much, but I hae Koko and I hate Cub too. Lori Morning was just really annoying, but I don't hate her THAT much. I wouldn't mind if she was brought back, as long as she'd be aged to around 16 or so.

Koko, on the other hand, I'd like to stuff into a blender.

Preboot Atmos and Kid Quantum (James) should be swallowed up by the Super Moby Dick and digested. Slowly and excruciatingly.

I never actually read the issue in which Jamm appeared in, but just from what I've heard about him I already hate him more than my annoying little cousin, and that's saying a lot. I'd love to toss him into a black hole and forget he ever existed.

That other Khund Legionnaire Firefist just bugged the hell out of me. And while Starfinger II made a pretty good villain for the Legion, that bloody arrogant how-dare-you-attack-me-I'm-so-much-better-than-you attitude so made me want to blast his head off with a bazooka.
Posted By: jimgallagher Re: Better-0ff-Forgotten Characters - 06/10/04 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I'd love to toss him into a black hole and forget he ever existed.
Jamm or your cousin?

Jamm was pretty dreadful. I can't vouch for your cousin.
Both.
© Legion World