Legion World
(On-topicness will be strictly enforced.)

MarlaLatham
His topic is #10000 for this message board.
He did a real good job covering up that mining asteroid explosion.
Posted By: KidChaos Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 10/26/05 12:50 PM
My mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say...

Oh what the heck.

"Marla"??

Girliest name for a man ever!
Marla could gel back his hair like nobody else's business.
I loved her in The Jeffersons. Oops! Sorry. Wrong Marla!
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Marla could gel back his hair like nobody else's business.
This was actually the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread!

Oh, and er, he never got tired of standing when RJ got to sit all day!
He doesn't let the fact that he has a girl's name get him down.
Posted By: Harbinger Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 10/26/05 09:15 PM
He copied the design of his clothes on what young ruffian boys from the Estates... of Space were wearing.
Posted By: Harbinger Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 10/26/05 09:16 PM
Sorry, that was sinister, not nice. Oops, wrong thread, my bad!
He's too sexy for his spandex. At least he thinks he is.
Marla showed that old people were still alive and well in the 30th century.
He means well.
Apparently he makes first class chocolate chip muffins.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 11/03/05 12:41 AM
I admire the stealth he employed when he and that blonde chick broke into Legion quarters. He didn't even fall and break his hip or anything.
He didn't take lip from Wildfire.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/03/14 09:27 PM
If Ultra Boy's shirt emblem with the dragon relates to his origin, then we have Marla's encounter with the Toolbox of Space to look forward to.
Posted By: Set Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/03/14 09:57 PM
In Superboy's Legion, he seemed to be 'special friends' with R.J. Brande, the richest man in the galaxy. Good work, if you can get it.

Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/03/14 10:59 PM
Those weren't the tools I was thinking of for the Toolbox in Space story really.
RJ Brande is comfy enough around him to take a mud bath naked while Marla sits there looking through reports!
Posted By: Set Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/04/14 12:51 PM
That symbol on his shirt, is it a stylized emerald dragon or a flange-headed nut-tightener of some sort?

Hard to see how that would work. The handle is obvious, but why would it need interlocking surfaces on both inner edges? You can't get all up in two cogs at once!

30th century tools, man, I just don't get them, since the Carggites and their new math!

Posted By: razsolo Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/04/14 01:22 PM
To the best of my knowledge Marla has never possessed Sun Boy's rotting corpse to hang out with the Legion after they thought he was dead!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/04/14 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Set
That symbol on his shirt, is it a stylized emerald dragon or a flange-headed nut-tightener of some sort?

Yes, it is a nut tightener. How this relates to Marla's relationship with RJ Brande, form your previous post, is another to be revealed Latham story.
Posted By: Set Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/04/14 09:25 PM
He's a Legion supporting dude, who, unlike R.J. Brande and Chief Zendak, isn't dead! Go Marla!

Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/04/14 09:30 PM
They are dead, and he isn't. They both knew Marla and now they are dead.. Hmmmm... I suspect Marla with the spanner beside the Mission Monitor Board.
It's suspicious that we haven't seen that chick who hung out with him during Secret of the LSH in a really long time either...
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/04/14 10:47 PM
I imagine she had fallen for Cham, like every other girl. She was about to reveal Marla's plot when he killed her with a shirt emblem.

Posted By: razsolo Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/05/14 12:54 AM
Marla is really good at killing off support cast! When's the last time anyone saw Shvaughn?
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/05/14 06:11 AM
His name spelled backwards would be "Alram." Sounds kinda' hot.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 04/05/14 11:57 AM
Sounds a little alarming to me.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 06/21/14 01:11 AM
Something else else nice...hmmmm..... Well, he wasn't dead when he oversaw the legion.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 12/29/16 04:42 PM
He has to deal with Spiffany every time Cham goes off to rebuild the Legion.
As a kid, he endured taunts over the name "Marla" quite nicely.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 12/30/16 11:38 AM
He still wanted to look after Jo, despite the catastrophic deaths of the previous dozen applicants he took through time for initiation tests.
Originally Posted by Ghost of Numf El
Apparently he makes first class chocolate chip muffins.

And he can eat a whole freshly baked batch of them without his ridiculously tight pants splitting open.

Speaking of his ridiculously tight pants, he's obviously good at getting them off quickly, otherwise he'd have long ago been ostracized as a health hazard.
He keeps a tidy lawn.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 03/17/17 01:43 AM
He didn't bring up the whole who murdered who thing with Jo during secrets of the Legion.
He kept a picture of his ex-wife and kids on his desk, even though they refuse to speak to him.
He is still younger than you. Seeing as you are alive now and he hasn't been born yet.
When Brande died and left everything to his estranged son, instead of the one man who (literally) stood by him for years, Marla didn't throw a wobbler, he just grinned and bore it (then sold Cham out to the Durlans, Dominators, Fatal Five and Keith Giffen later).
Posted By: Set Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 03/17/17 06:54 PM
He likes to cosplay as Legionnaires...s too hot for the Comics Code Authority.

He was a silver fox before Anderson Cooper was born
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 03/18/17 10:26 AM
Some people worry about being perceived as a tool. Marla wears tools on his chest!
Originally Posted by thoth lad
Some people worry about being perceived as a tool. Marla wears tools on his chest!

Ergo, he finds Ian Gillian's 1990 solo album "Toolbox", to be an underrated treasure from more than a millennium ago.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 03/18/17 12:20 PM
Marla Latham's DIY show Tool Time becomes an Omnicon hit.
Marla still lets Jo call him 'Mr. Crane' sometimes...
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 03/18/17 03:46 PM
There are many Marla constructs, with each robot tasked with objectively supervising the candidacy of Legion Applicants. But none of them complain that they themselves can't get into the team, as their abilities are mechanically based.
He's been mentioned by Thoth and I in the latest Kill This Thread game.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Say something nice about Marla Latham. - 07/11/19 10:05 PM
His trousers may be tight, but not enough to make other people uncomfortable around him.
He is what most gay men would consider to be a silver fox.
© Legion World