Legion World
Posted By: cleome57 Color My Legion? - 06/16/09 07:06 PM
I awoke recently from a screaming nightmare in which Lantern-Spectrum-mania took over everything. It's far from impossible, you know. If there's one motto the Big Two have cleaved to in my vast lifetime like canine poop to a brand-new shoe, it's the one that goes,

"If we can claim this worked once, we can shove it up everyone's nose everywhere all the freakin' time!! Stupid fanboys!"

Brace yourselves for the following:

Rainbow-colored Durlans
Winathians who shoot "emotional spectrum" lightning
U.P. currency that looks like it blew in from downtown Toronto
Legion crossovers involving Gemworld, Color Kid and (of course) Dazzler-- but containing up to 25% actual Legion content, of course
Smallville Legion breakfast cereals and fruit "roll-ups"

shrug I'm just sayin'...
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Color My Legion? - 06/16/09 08:24 PM
Originally posted by cleome:
I awoke recently from a screaming nightmare in which Lantern-Spectrum-mania took over everything. It's far from impossible, you know. If there's one motto the Big Two have cleaved to in my vast lifetime like canine poop to a brand-new shoe, it's the one that goes,

"If we can claim this worked once, we can shove it up everyone's nose everywhere all the freakin' time!! Stupid fanboys!"
I think the Rainbow Lanterns are a direct result of this:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Re: Color My Legion? - 06/16/09 10:11 PM

Smallville Legion breakfast cereals and fruit "roll-ups"
I couldn't wait for these from the cartoon! frown
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Color My Legion? - 06/17/09 02:27 AM
[resists making a joke about Bat-Rainbow Gatherings.] wink

Seymour, I share your pain.
frown
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Color My Legion? - 06/17/09 02:30 AM
Look a batman in pink is spending a lot of time in a speedo.

Quickly I will convene the HUAC, you call Wertham as a friendly witness. /Nixon Lad
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Color My Legion? - 06/17/09 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Look a batman in pink is spending a lot of time in a speedo.

Quickly I will convene the HUAC, you call Wertham as a friendly witness. /Nixon Lad
It is not pink. It is red. OMG! Batman's a Commie!!!!
Posted By: Yk Re: Color My Legion? - 06/17/09 03:22 AM
A one-man Bat Pride Parade?
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Color My Legion? - 06/17/09 04:02 AM
No he is HUAC Batman.

Nixon Lad of course means that on Monday he wears Magenta that blend must make him both a commie and a homosexual.

On Tuesday he wears yellow. Only deviants wear yellow? He does spend time with an old English guy and a speedo-clad boy in a cave.

On Thursday he dons the Orange bat-suit and goes to Northern Ireland to oppress the catholic minority. Finally something Senator Kennedy and Nixon Lad can agree on. Stop Batman!!

On Friday he jets off to Lybia where he wraps himself in the green of the Lybian flag and has a tea with that enemy of Amerika.

On Saturday he wears purple. Seriously purple? That's just unAmerican.

And finally he wears the navy/black suit on Sunday when he should be resting with all the pious in Amerika.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Color My Legion? - 06/17/09 08:35 AM
Which is why Batman was never the inspiration for the Legion, he was blacklisted.

So maybe that's the big Ranzz family secret - Dad was really a (fill in your colour of choice here) Lantern. And Universo used to wear a magenta suit, and he was some sort of outcast Lantern... so the basis is there for Cleome's visionary nightmare.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Color My Legion? - 06/17/09 09:34 PM
When you say "visionary nightmare," it sounds so much more like something that I should get paid for, even if it's only in Parisian macaroons. laugh

As a long-standing fan of the Espionage Squad, I despair of their success rate on missions if Durlans become sort of ambulatory mood rings. I mean, you're trying to convince your quarry that you're enraged enough to beat the tar out of him. Yet, your skin tone is a lovely shade of blue, which (as everyone who survived the 2970s knows) means you're not even remotely upset.

sigh

We are in so much trouble when this craze takes off... Let's not even discuss what'll happen to the poor Talokians. Like they haven't already been through enough...
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Color My Legion? - 06/18/09 08:33 AM
Those sneaky Espionagers would probably use fake colours to deceive evil-doers. Which could also explain the blue skin for Talokian barbarians...
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Color My Legion? - 06/22/09 12:59 AM
Well, I remember that there were the "regular" blue Talokians, and the ones that were closer to Teal or something. I'm not sure how the extra green tint in your skin inclines you more towards evil than not, unless Colu figures in there somehow.

confused
Posted By: Arm Fall Off Boy Re: Color My Legion? - 06/22/09 06:07 AM
There was this which I had forgotten all about and came across on Klordny's site. Thanks Mike and courtesy of The Fred Hembeck Files!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Color My Legion? - 06/23/09 04:03 PM
Notice that lavender -El is the only one determinedly not focusing on the Battle Lingerie By Grell...
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: Color My Legion? - 06/23/09 04:09 PM
Notice that lavender -El is the only one determinedly not focusing on the Battle Lingerie By Grell...
Cos and his outfit of the same era must be just off panel. laugh wink
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Color My Legion? - 06/23/09 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:

Cos and his outfit of the same era must be just off panel. laugh wink
Ah-hah!! Brainiac5

Now we know what the male "Love Lanterns" would be wearing into battle if those repressed losers running DC hadn't put the kibosh on 'em!

(With tasteful iridescent body stockings of the appropriate hue, of course...)

Tsk.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Color My Legion? - 05/13/11 04:32 PM
This is not a Legion comic, but it fits in thematically anyhow.

It may take you a minute or two to get all the images, but trust me: It's worth every second.

RainbowGirl
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Color My Legion? - 05/13/11 04:47 PM
HAHAH lol gotta love that book! Rainbow Squad indeed! Mr. Mind, a real villain!
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Color My Legion? - 05/13/11 04:58 PM
Apparently Mr. Mind slaughtered enough sentients way back when to make even the modern-day Joker look like a rank amateur...

laugh
Posted By: Set Re: Color My Legion? - 05/13/11 06:38 PM
Rainbow-colored Durlans
Winathians who shoot "emotional spectrum" lightning
Garth shoots yellow lightning, so it's 'fear lightning!' Mekt shoots white lightning, so it's 'life lightning.' (What a role reversal!)

Ayla shoots pink lightning, and I don't think they have Pink Lanterns... We'll have to make something up!

Looking at the
associations
, most of them are taken (like love or hope), so Ayla must shoot Pink Lightning of Happiness that makes people break into laughing fits!

I want to go the other direction, and have Rainbow Girl show up with a fourth distinct powerset, and everybody just sort of nod and accept that she's always had this power, in a shout-out to how her powers have been different in her last three appearances, and nobody seemed to notice.

The new Rainbow Girl would create a bow made of rainbow light, and shoot colored arrows that either hit like lightning, create clouds of fog along the ground, or make a storm when she fires them into the sky.

If she showed up a fifth time, she'd have the same powers as Halo, and be part Aurakle. smile
Posted By: Anita Cocktail Re: Color My Legion? - 03/21/12 05:21 AM
Originally posted by cleome45:

It may take you a minute or two to get all the images, but trust me: It's worth every second.

RainbowGirl
Thank you for sharing that simply wonderful link, dear!
I loved it!
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Color My Legion? - 04/07/12 06:52 PM
Anita, you should join over there. I'm pretty sure you'd like it! (And icon_uk is a sweet guy, really nice to talk to.)
Posted By: KryptonKid Re: Color My Legion? - 04/16/12 03:52 AM
I forgot how much I loved those Marvel Family adventures. Gee, I'm old.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Color My Legion? - 05/28/12 03:23 PM
Originally posted by cleome45:

RainbowGirl
I totally wouldn't mind seeing them again! Dauntless and Dynamoll especially.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Color My Legion? - 04/08/16 12:58 PM
bump

Thanks to some scrounging through the junk drawer at home, my secondhand laptop bag (black) now has a carry-strap. The strap is green.

Can't decide whether to nickname this super-sophisticated transportation system after Violet, Chem, or Cham. hmmm
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Color My Legion? - 04/09/16 07:38 PM
Black and green does make a wonderful color combination...
© Legion World