Legion World
Posted By: lancesrealm Lois Lane and Legion - 03/11/04 10:25 AM
A few days ago, I was reading Lois Lane #47, and I am frankly amazed at how good some of these silver age stories are. I was quite enjoying myself when who appears on the scene but the Legion! In fact, the subs show up too. Night Girl appears to save "Krypton Girl's" secret identity. The Legion is only there for a few panels, but I'm glad they stopped by to say hi.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Lois Lane and Legion - 03/11/04 12:54 PM
The Silver Age was certainly less silly than we usually think it was. I really enjoyed many of the stories in the Adventure Era.
Posted By: Kid Quislet Re: Lois Lane and Legion - 03/12/04 05:28 PM
Many of the Adventure stories "borrowed" from classic tales (Moby Dick, Tarzan, Most Dangerous Game, Stalag 17, Ten Little Indians, etc), but they were better than the post-boot stories which borrowed from Adventure stories which borrowed from classic tales!
Posted By: josum64 Re: Lois Lane and Legion - 03/13/04 04:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
[QB] Many of the Adventure stories "borrowed" from classic tales (Moby Dick, Tarzan, Most Dangerous Game, Stalag 17, Ten Little Indians, etc), but they were better than the post-boot stories which borrowed from Adventure stories which borrowed from classic tales!

And that is because they had a real writers then, not hacks now days lie john byrnes.
Posted By: Proty II Re: Lois Lane and Legion - 03/14/04 03:58 AM
The Legion needs somebody who can write on a chalk board with her toes.
Posted By: jimgallagher Re: Lois Lane and Legion - 03/15/04 04:19 PM
Hey, Kid Q, which story was borrowed from Tarzan?
Posted By: lancesrealm Re: Lois Lane and Legion - 03/15/04 04:37 PM
Jim, that sounds like a reference to Jungle King/Monster Master, doesn't it? I also seem to recall Invisible Kid swinging through the trees in the first Hunter story.
Posted By: Ian Lad Re: Lois Lane and Legion - 03/16/04 09:49 AM
Originally posted by josum64:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
[QB] Many of the Adventure stories "borrowed" from classic tales (Moby Dick, Tarzan, Most Dangerous Game, Stalag 17, Ten Little Indians, etc), but they were better than the post-boot stories which borrowed from Adventure stories which borrowed from classic tales!

And that is because they had a real writers then, not hacks now days lie john byrnes.
Ah, but the adaptations to classic tales were mandated by editorial, not the writers themselves.
Posted By: josum64 Re: Lois Lane and Legion - 03/16/04 07:45 PM
Ah, but the adaptations to classic tales were mandated by editorial, not the writers themselves.

I have read those stories and have the legion archives and they were well written, i have a
lot more respect for jim shooter then byrnes,
because at least shooter wrote some great stories like the first one with mordo the mercliess.
© Legion World