Legion World
Images and synopsis courtesy of the WB.

"Legion of Super Heroes" splits its swan song over two weekends beginning with the premiere of the first half of the two-part series finale, entitled "Dark Victory, Part 1," on Saturday, March 29. The episode airs on Kids' WB! on The CW at 9:30 a.m. ET/PT. The second half of the episode will air on Saturday, April 5.

The episode synopsis for "Dark Victory, Part 1":
As Imperiex sets in motion one final assault resigned to bring him control of the galaxy, Brainiac 5 must fight for control of himself as the ancient programming of Brainiac 1.0 emerges. Part 1 is written by J.M. DeMatteis & Michael Jelenic, and directed by Brandon Vietti.
click to enlarge
Click for larger image

click to enlarge
Click for larger image

click to enlarge
Click for larger image

click to enlarge
Click for larger image
A superman/Brainiac 5 checker set. Huh. I want one! This episode looks like it has so much potential. I hope the writers didn’t drop the ball.
AHHH so mad I'm going to miss it. frown
i think might miss part 2 my sister damn confirmation
I'll have it...oops I ment see it!
I hope I won't miss it!
Three more images, the last for the week, from the WB.

click to enlarge
Click here for larger image

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
Now I'm worried for Brainy. He "died" saving Superman in the first episode of the season, I have to wonder if his VR death was intentional foreshadowing.
Something else else I wonder if before Message in a Bottle if Brainy "saved" himself like he did back in Fear Factory before getting letting Brainac 1.0 loose within himself.
Good observation. Then again the corrupt code of Brainiac 1.0 could have taken that into account and formulated a back-up plan to corupt the back-up.
yeah but they made it a point to show him doing it last time, we never saw brainy do that when he encountered B-1.0

Witch has gotten me all levels of annoyed, Brainy is supposed to be smart, he A} did not back up his file when he encountered B-1.0, and B} will turn evil due to slight argument with superman
Maybe it'll be Brainy's trump card. That's why they didn't mention it.
so i loved it...didn't like how stupid impirx helped b5 along i thought it would have been cooler if b5 just turned evil due to b1
Brainiac 1.0 used Imperiex as a pawn in his plan to corrupt Brainiac Five. Kind of makes Imperiex look like a chump, doesn't it?
Good epsiode. I just think that after all the trouble Imperiex caused, They could have made his death a little more dramatic. He was finished too quickly. Still though a very good episode.
It wouldn't surprise me if Imperiax isn't quite done yet.

The episode was okay, but I wasn't overwhelmed by it. I believe I saw Chemical King in the group shot? That should make a few people here happy.
I thought I saw Stone Boy for next week's episode...again I am not 100 % certain. Can't wait for the final episode and I really hope for the return of Triplicate Girl's 3rd body and Brainiac 5. *finger crossing*

Overall, the episode is not that bad...just a beginning of the first part. not bad.
I thought the episode was really exciting. I was actually chilled/thrilled by evil, powerful Brainic 5! It really did turn this whole Imperiex plot into a Brainac plot.

Just... wow!

Loved the cameos left and right!

One minor whine.... no girls in the training session! Oh well, they were in the cameos and Saturn Girl actually had lines.

After a great episode like this, I feel even sadder about the series being over. Wah!
Wow, that was krazy. I loved it!

I don't believe Clark is really dead but what if Kell were destined to replace him as Superman in the 21st century? Just a weird thought.
So far so good. Yup I caught the Chemical King cameo.

Nice tie up from the season opening with Kell saying Brainiac 5 went bad. In the preview, we saw a couple of Legionnaires getting digitized. So Brainiac 5 does need to get redeemed.

My minor pickiness: they kept calling the Khunds "Dominators".
In the promo for next week I'm pretty sure I saw Stone Boy & Chloraphyl Kid. Didn't see Chemical King, that would be great if made it into the last episode.
Lots of cameos during Cos' speech. I paused the different shots and spotted Chemical King, Dawnstar, Invisible Kid II, and XS all with Legion buckles. Polar Boy was there too (but I didn't spot a buckle), along with all five toon Subs. All Legionnaires were present, minus Nemesis Kid. Poor boy gets no love no matter what side of the fence he's on.

I'm excited about XS' presence, minor as it is. I believe it's the first time a postboot exclusive Legionnaire has appeared outside that reality.

The scene where Brainy knocks Vi out and her hair flower floats to the ground made me sad. Poor thing. I'm such a toon Vi fanboy.

I thought the episode was decent. I didn't see the Imperiex betrayal coming, which was a nice surprise among the unsurprising galactic war we've been geared for since the season started.

Twists like that as well as the different Legionnaires running around in the background always make an episode for me even if the main story is less than stellar. Luckily, this ep wasn't bad on its own at all.
Dawnstar?!? oh can you scan the picture here? Please?
I don't have any way to properly digitize my DVR recording, but I do have a digital camera. Most of the scenes were scrolling shots on top of me taking these with a camera, so the quality is horrible. BUT. It'll give you a peek at them until you can see the episode yourself.

I haven't posted images to this board in years, so let me know if I mess anything up (or need to take anything down).

The best views we got of Chemical King and Dawnstar respectively:

click to enlarge click to enlarge

And the team shot. XS, Ultra Boy, Jacques, and Proty(!) who I didn't catch before on Cham's shoulder are on the right. I'm also trying to convince myself that's Lydda and her bouffant behind Imra and next to Color Kid.

click to enlarge
To bad this show will end before we get a chance to see Wildfire ,I think "One Shot Legionnaire" would have made for a great episode.
Who's that on Chemical King's right? Could that be Shadow Lass? Blue costume, bluish skin...
Depending on the image, I think it's Stone Boy or Phantom Girl. I'd love to see Shady though. I get why Jeckie or Mon would be redundant, but I'm at a loss for why the series never picked up on a Legionnaire with a visual power and alien coloring like her.

Also, I'm wondering if that's Proty at all or just Jo's arm now. I'd love for it to be the little guy, random as it is.
I will get a better look at the preview when the Legion episode get uploaded (check You Tube there is a cat there is uploading the shows). but I think it was some pretty major characters that get nailed and ones he worked with before.

If that is the case then the day might be saved by those we have not see Brainy work with before. That would leave the following members: Blok, Element Lad, Sun Boy, Dawnstar, Chemical King, Tyroc, Invisible Kid.....
Dark Victory Clips are here .

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Wow, I don't really have much to say about this episode except, despite the girls being little more than cameos...again(though SG did have that one line), this was easily one of the best episodes of the series.

My favorite moment?

Brainiac 5 "deleting" Imperiex = TOTAL PWNAGE
wow...Dawnstar, Chemical King, Jacques, Color Kid, XS!!! I wish they add more Legionnaires such as Kinetix, Gates, Gear, Monstress, Andromeda, Mon-el, Princess Projectra, Quislet, Tellus, etc etc. to that scene!

it's almost similar to Teen Titans's final episodes where many Titans were shown - Jericho, Herald, Argent, Pantha, etc.
Originally posted by Tromium:
Wow, that was krazy. I loved it!

I don't believe Clark is really dead but what if Kell were destined to replace him as Superman in the 21st century? Just a weird thought.
thats was a passing thought for me it could if not for one thing kell doesn't have the weakness to Kryptonite, that would mess the super man story up

side note: did any one else thing that long live the legion could have sounded more unified?
Clark is not dead. They shot him to the Sun, and we all know what immense yellow solar radiation does for Superman. Anyone want to bet that in the preview for next week Kell was commenting on Imperiex's death and not Clark's. He kind of disappointed me with the whole "He was supposed to be MINE!!!" speech. Kell, I never thought that I would say this, but...

GROW UP!
I knew I could count on you guys for those group shots. But:

- I didn't see XS, and
- is that someone behind Jo and Jacques? (Actually, now that I look, that looks like XS, except I can't see her head.)
So now with next week's episode being the Legion Swansong, will there be any repeats coming up of the 2nd Season of the last few episodes?

B5, goes all Progenitor and "deletes the Variant Imperiex" and also digitizes Validus? Wow! I am definitely going to re-watch this episode.

Also, with the cancellation of the show next week, what will be the fate of the Legion Of Super-Heroes in the 31st Century comic book? Will it continue for another year or so like JLU & TTGO?
Okay in the Preview clip for part 2 Brainy turns the following:

The entire planet of Thanagar
Collosal Boy
Blok
Tyroc
Bouncing Boy
Star Boy
Dream Girl
Stone Boy
Karate Kid

Idle thought I wonder if Infectious Lass ability to make people sick work on Brainy?
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I knew I could count on you guys for those group shots. But:

- I didn't see XS, and
- is that someone behind Jo and Jacques? (Actually, now that I look, that looks like XS, except I can't see her head.)
This be to what people referring are, believe I:

[Linked Image]
this episode just proves the most dangerous place in the universe is next to brainiac 5 when he agrees with you
It was an ok episode which I probably would have enjoyed more if I hadn't known it was the next to the last one ever, as far as we know. Overall, the Brainy situation was pretty interesting, and Clark's concern for him was nice. The group shot was great, even if it made the entire Kell/Imperiex arc seem like an even bigger waste of time.
just had an odd thought do you think kell was ment to mon-el? just change for stupid kids?
Not really. I mean, there's not much of a resemblance, right? And if he is supposed to be the same, why not use the name? So I don't think there's a connection.
Originally posted by Matthew E:
Not really. I mean, there's not much of a resemblance, right? And if he is supposed to be the same, why not use the name? So I don't think there's a connection.
i meant they use him for the idea of kell all of superman's powers but none of that pesky weakness to a green rock
Wasn't there an interview or something where the writers basically said that Kell-El was their way of introducing a "Mon-El" figure but without all the convoluted back story?
Yes you are correct. I read that to.
well, I hate to say, but it pretty much looks like Karate Kid/Nemesis Kid will be left as an eternally dangling thread.

I guess we'll see for sure tomorrow, but I can't imagine them working it in.

In fact, looks like they devoted an entire episode to introducing Karate Kid, only to never use him again. Ironically, very similar to what was often done in the comics! (usually, not so much "never" as much as "for a ridiculously long time", but a similar effect.)

still promises to be a terrific finale.
© Legion World