Legion World
I have read maybe a quarter of this series here and there. I love it.

But I just cringe at the name. I have no problem it having LOSH connections but the name? Ouch. I just think it's a bit non-subtle.

Anyone else wish it had a name change? And what do you guys recommend.
I fully agree. Unneccessary and annoying.
I like my 21st century connections to the Legion vague or subtle...not in capitals. smile
I always thought the Omega Men and LEGION should just form one group and call themselves the Omega Men. smile
I love the name. It makes people stand up and take notice, and it has an iciness to it that I like.
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Anyone else wish it had a name change? And what do you guys recommend.
W.A.N.D.E.R.E.R.S.? wink
Never read Wanderers or Omega Men, so I'm happy with L.E.G.I.O.N.
Well, it got changed to R.E.B.E.L.S., and the book didn't last a year... wink
I never found out what exactly the acronym L.E.G.I.O.N. stood for. Does anyone remember?

BTW, I didn't mind the name or the take on it. I wish TMK had done something similar in the 5YL, with new characters rather than aging Legionnaires.
Licensed Extra-Governmental Interstellar Operatives Network.

The meaning of the acronym was unrevealed for some time. DC held a contest for fans to come up with a meaning and the above was the winning entry.
And you thought L.E.G.I.O.N. was cringe-worthy... wink
I agree. The name just seems forced. It doesn't flow naturally, as Supreme Headquarters/International Espionage Law-Enforcement Division (SHIELD) did.
Should Vril recruit the Omega Men let Tigorr lead and just go with that??? Combine two ideas into one. Anyways, besides Tigor and um, Wildfire(is it still that?) the rest of the Omega Men...suck. wink Add Stealth and Comet Man and you have a team!
It makes me cringe almost as much as the phrase "Grok Bokking". Almost.
It must be said, though, that an early L.E.G.I.O.N. contained one of the best examples of cover copy of all time. As Garryn Bek is being overrun by soldiers, the copy reads, "The Empire Strikes Bek."
Originally posted by Pov:
Well, it got changed to R.E.B.E.L.S., and the book didn't last a year... wink
Complete with baby Brainiac 3 as the villain. A sad end to a great series.
© Legion World