Legion World
Posted By: lm8 Who Created Brainiac 1.0? - 12/03/07 11:35 PM
So, if as per the Message in a Bottle episode, the Kryptonians really didn't know who Brainiac was and only knew him as the terror and the current day Coluans all appeared to be modeled after Brainiac, who created Brainiac 1.0? Doesn't look like Brainiac is the computer that handles things on Krypton as in Superman/Justice League or that he was created on Krypton as in Smallville. The current Coluans aren't organic like in the comic books or Justice League Unlimited and it looks more like they were based on Brainiac than the other way around. Wonder what person or people created Brainiac then and what his initial purpose was. Anyone have any conjecture to share on the topic? Any votes as to his origin planet?
Posted By: Lass Girl Re: Who Created Brainiac 1.0? - 12/08/07 05:35 AM
Brainiac 1 is not from Krypton, but he’s not originally from Colu either. According to producer James Tucker, “Brainiac 5, in our continuity, comes from the planet Colu founded by Superman's oldest foe, Brainiac.” The source of the quote is from an October 6, 2006 article at comicbookresources.com.

Here’s a direct link:

http://comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8558

Tucker could have revised his position on that since Season 1, but I don’t know. The animated Legion has its own continuity thing going on. For all we know, Brainiac could have been constructed on Earth like Amazo.
Posted By: Yk Re: Who Created Brainiac 1.0? - 12/10/07 06:42 AM
I'll bet there's a way to reconcile Krypton and Colu but I'll be darned if I know what it is. I look forward to some bright boy writing a cool story and educating me some day.

As it is I just love the idea that Brainiac is (in a sense) a survivor of Krypton and as such is intimately connected to Kal El come heck or high water.
Almost family. A dysfunctional family for sure but connected with deep roots and an intense emotional bond..love/hate-whatever.. This (for me) translates to the Legion connection as well. I've always attributed B5 with being predjudiced toward Kal for familial reasons what with sharing the old home planet and their families having stayed in touch once they'd immigrated to Earth.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Posted By: Dairaioh Re: Who Created Brainiac 1.0? - 12/11/07 07:25 AM
Who cares who made him. All that matters is that Superman Breaks him.
© Legion World