Legion World
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/01/11/dcu-in-2011-phil-jimenez-signs-exclusive-to-dc-to-draw-%E2%80%98adventure%E2%80%99/

Looks like Phil's gone DC Exclusive to do Adventure. There's also some nice Blok & Mysa art on display.
oh my! Lydda looks all kinds of sexy there. as does power boy. Mysa looks sorta evil but not really. And it looks like what Phil tried to do with Paradise Island transported to Xerox! I love it! I Love it! i Love it!!!!!!
by the way is that Harlock?????the khund who was on Socerror's world during Magic Wars?
If Phil's reasoning for going exclusive is to do Legion stuff than wow--that is really awesome news!
Wow ... Jimenez is doing some of his best stuff for the comic. That is such a compliment to me as a fan of this series!
I cannot wait to see his stuff next month (and the month after that, and the month after that, and, .......). cool
I think we do see Harlack but he's not who we though he was. (he still looks like a khund) Mysa must have a new (female) protege ... to join the legion academy (?)
Well I don't know bout the rest of you all but take a look at the new Academy Adventure preview and it sure looks like Blok and Mysa's new member might be Kinetix. Her face and coloring looks very much like the terraform Zoe!
GORGEOUS art! I've always loved Phil's work. I can't wait!

I still hate Night Girl's costume though.
Damn, that is some beautiful art! I may have to go back to stalking Phil Jimenez part-time...
Those pages are just overwhelmingly beautiful!
Phil certainly knows how to draw magic.
I loved his Potter character in the bottom, at least it reminds me of him/them.

I also find that having Lydda at the Academy is amazing and perfect.
I'm so glad.
This is her old outfit, almost, as is Lu's.
It seems fitting.

And, that's Rokk, isn't it?
I hope he and Lydda are back together now.

I hope the girl is Zoe from this universe or a verion of her before she became the Earth thingy.

I'm so happy with this arc!
Beautiful. I couldn't be more excited. I'm a huge Jimenz fan.
Originally posted by Candlelight:
And, that's Rokk, isn't it?
I hope so too. But that's Power Boy, Jed Rikane. PowerBoy
Faboo!!
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[b]And, that's Rokk, isn't it?
I hope so too. But that's Power Boy, Jed Rikane. PowerBoy [/b]
... and he looks great!!
I mentioned on Facebook today how much I wished we could have kept Steve Lightle around longer. Here's to a long and prosperous run for Phil on the Legion, whichever book he draws.
OMG Lydda and Mysa and Power Boy and EVERYBODY LOOK AMAZING!!!!!

I actually traditionally am not a huge fan of Jiminez's style (while I recognise that he IS amazingly talented), but I am DROOLING over these pages!

Can't wait!!!!
Words cannot express my thrill at seeing Night Girl, with beehive, drawn by Jimenez! Can barely type because I need my hands to retrieve my jaw from the floor and reattach it to my skull!
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[b]And, that's Rokk, isn't it?
I hope so too. But that's Power Boy, Jed Rikane. PowerBoy [/b]
Thanks, NC.

I was refering first, to the black haired man on the second page.
But having looked at him a second time, I see that he looks more like a young Spock.

The second picture that gave me pause was on the last one, on the bottom.
It's another black haired guy (the same one as before, I think,) but I see now that it's not Rokk.
sigh

I'm just glad I'm seeing better today.
smile

AND ANDY LANNING is the INKER!
I just think he's the very best in the business!
How does he find the time?!
Wow! and Double Wow!
And Lydda has the Legion belt!
WOW! I love the way Night Girl and The Black WItch look. I appreciate that some time was taken to freshen up both looks while still keeping the essentials. I do wish he would do something about Duplicate Damsel's costume. The costumes created by Cockrum and Giffen are visually exciting and display some wit and creativity. Her original version is bland and boring.
I find Cockrum, and Grell, costumes to be a little dated and to have aged fairly poorly BUT I love Giffen's looks in the late Baxter era and TMK.

Future is doing a series on individual Legionnaire costumes on Bits.
They're pretty interesting.
He's going by eras and in order of joining, and he's up to Gim.
I hope it is a version of Kinetix!
I, too, expect that the female with Mysa and Blok is Zoe. But, is it this Earth's Zoe, or is it the one from Earth-247 last seen wandering then mulitverse with her team?

If we recall, Kinetix got her powers from unearthing mystical talismans. It would be charmic justice, I guess, if whatever she found first in this universe turned her into the terroform that was her last transformation in the reboot universe. We shall see. Hopefully, if this is Zoe, she'll eventually be restored to her vivacious redhead look and Life Lass powers.

What I find more interesting in this preview, however, is Power Boy. IIRC, Jed's power was control of his own molecular density, only ever used to make himself near-invulnerable, but which could have, theoretically, been used to make himself virtually intangible.

So, what is he doing with those balls? Where did he suddenly get them from between panels? And why throw them at Blok? Jed was always portrayed as overly earnest, wasn't he? Is he a jerk now? Whatever's going on, it can't have anything to do with his powers, right?

It also occurs to me that this might now be "our" Jed, who should have long-since graduated from the Academy. It could be that he's now an instructor, but it might also be that this new Power Boy is his younger brother, or something.

Thoughts?
Jed's power was described as giving him super-strength, but not invulnerability, IIRC, making him kinda the opposite to Laurel Kent.

Given how many Legionnaires had super-strength *and* invulnerability, Jed pretty much had no chance.
BRING BACK LAUREL KENT!
Actually, I'm pretty sure Pofobo's right about Jed's powers being density control. He uses them to lower his own density and those of fellow applicant in one of the issues leading up to the Baxter tryout when they are all in the air in order to slow their fall.
Nice to see Mysa's Khund student again.
I hope hope hope the girl is some version of Kinetix!
Didn't Legion of Three Worlds imply Mysa somehow absorbed Zoe's energies?
Yeah, Mordru killed Kinetix and absorbed her essence into himself in the process; somehow that also gave him the combined mystical essence of the entire universe she had come from if I understand correctly (though I'm not really sure how...if SHE had access to that energy, how were the LSV a threat for her at all??)

Anyway, Mysa then did exactly the same thing to Mordru, so now she contains all his power as well as the 247 Universe, which includes Zoe. It's Mordru's essence that has made Mysa all dark and angsty now. Blahh. (Sorry, am not a huge fan of that development at all, I don't understand why nice gentle characters like Mysa, Mary Marvel and Ice from the JLA need to be made all GRIMDARK in the first place)
"AUFERO- MAGUS- INFUSCO!!"
I, ummm, sort of thought that Jed was juggling/learning to juggle the balls and they got away from him, one of which smacked Blok in the head.
I used to be in recreation with some other people, one of whom liked to sort of juggle for our clients, sometimes.
That happened to him quite a bit.
shrug

And the Spock boy is a Khund?
Khunds are like Klingons, right?
Spock, a Vulcan, would be insulted!
lol
Wow! Those samples look fantastic! laugh
© Legion World