Legion World
The rumors are true, this is the last solicitation we'll see for the animated title. Text to come later.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

[Linked Image]

Click here for a larger image.

The Legion of Super-Heroes in the 31st Century #20
Written by Jack Briglio
Art by Phil Moy and John Stanisci
Cover by Sanford Greene and Nathan Massengill.

Final issue. Metallo journeys to the future for the ultimate power source: Kryptonite! But if he destroys Superman, will the Legion's fate unravel, as well?

32 pages, $2.25, in stores on Nov. 12.
Solicit text up. frown
wha?? no Tyroc? grrr.... frown
Ok...so this is the final issue.

Anybody know how the Spider-Girl fans saved their book? Do we have enough Cartoon Legion fans to matter?

I'd like to see where the cartoon was headed and this title was the key to that.

HELP!
Spider-Girl was saved by the swarm of the snail letters. similar to Manhunter too.

Also, Jeff Moy is drawing!
or you can contact j. torres in www.comicbloc.com.
Isn't Phil Moy, Jeff's brother?
dang....:embarrassed: yeah it's Phil....sorry.
here's the link about saving the Legion books -

http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61179

and

http://legionabstract.blogspot.com/2008/07/save-legion.html

and also J. Torres has been questioning why no feedback on Legion book -

http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60419
http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1260379&postcount=10

And he's bound to be here anytime. Gooda!
Awesome Cover art! Too bad it's the last one.

I signed the petition though.
It's a crime that this series is ending. A great issue with a cool ending.

Thanks to everyone involved! It was good while it lasted.
Not a bad issue. My kids are going to be so upset this is over. I've been filling "Off Weeks" reading them stories from the Superboy 80 page giant reprint. Any idea if they ever plan on more *colour* reprints of the SA stuff? My kids would eat it up.
How ironic that the the creators of this comic would use Dream Girl in such a smart heroic fashion in their last issue... way to go guys!
Maybe the writers of that other Legion book (you know the ones that made Dreamy "I'm dead - now I'm a ghost - oh wait now I'm a blind powerless bimbo) should take some advise from Jack Briglio on how to handle the writing of these characters ( a HUGE shout-out to Jack from a Nura Nal fan here )... OR maybe Jack should just be put in charge of any future stories!!! smile
He gets my vote!
Thanks for the kind words, Nightcrawler, and for the shout-out, Future King. Thanks for reading and appreciate the support!
It's sad that this had to end. Now, all I have to rely on is the fanfiction.

I liked the inclusion of Mon-El, Prime, and Kal-L, and that scene at the end. But one of my favorite parts was on the first page, with Garth looking up at Nura with hearts in his eyes and Imra looking pissed. People actually like the idea of LL/DG. I'm one of them.

Ah, well, maybe if I'm lucky I can look forward to a miniseries like they did with Harley & Ivy.
This series was a great way to get younger fans and specifically my kids into the Legion. I'm sorry to see it go. Now I'll start reading to my kids from the Legion Archives.

Thanks to all involved for the series, My two kids shouted the closing text for the issue when we were done reading it, " Long Live the Legion!"
this comic provided way better stories than the "adult" comic (starting with issue 37......). honestly, i wish torres got space to work on the regular series just a bit. baby comics tend to be more precise, they have a very clear cut story that's self contained. those stories and the themes in them are usually things i'd love to see explored in a more mainstream and expanded fashion in the regular series.

example: brainiac 5 as a character in the series has this balancing act of adoration for superman with a stalker-like tendency on top of the trust issue problem.

actually, SK, i thought LL was looking at Imra there... and then considering in the issue he tries valiantly to hit on her.

in the animated universe, the relationship between LL and imra was an interesting dynamic that, again, could have easily been translated into a mainstream comic. imra's a telepath and knows what people are thinking but she's also so businesslike and professional that she's slow to realize that Garth (and perhaps Cos?!) have the hots for her.

the three founders have a wonderfully awkward relationship where they don't REALLY resolve the jealousy and control issues because if they did it might leave the team weaker. garth's pissed off that cos is in charge, but he's also annoyed that imra likes Cos, but he's also NOT SURE if she likes cos. THAT WAS AWESOME. (and that is a more genuine representation of what teenagers with responsibilities are like, in my opinion).

personally, i think with younger comics, you can't use blatant sex and violence to sell your comic so you actually have to use your your head and think about themes and character development. i usually point towards Batman Adventures, a series that was literally better drawn and written, hands-down, than its mainstream counterpart.
Wasn't he hitting on both of them? Nura and Imra. That part where he says to Nura "did you have a dream about me?"
ohh true... hahah he's just stupid. <3

but there was another issue, the one with just saturn girl on the cover, i think, they ALMOST make out in a locker.
And they would've, if it hadn't of been for Validus and the Fatal F@%k-ups trying to kill them.

If those two hadn't been able to admit how they felt, I had a feeling someone might've pulled a GL/HG/V thing concerning LL, SG, CB, and DG. But that's just me.
Originally posted by veryvery:

example: brainiac 5 as a character in the series has this balancing act of adoration for superman with a stalker-like tendency on top of the trust issue problem.
Yeah, their friendship is what drew me into the cartoon in the first place. I’ve been a fan of Brainiac since the animated Superman and Justice League cartoons. Seeing his descendant being such a Superman fanboy was fun to watch!

As for the trust issue, it’s also interesting to see how Brainy’s past mistakes keep coming back to haunt him. Even more so is the fact that he even shows remorse for his actions. Rather than come up with some elaborate lie as to why he has Kryptonite, he finally comes clean about the Kryptonite that Drax had taken. Superman doesn’t even hold it against him. That was a nice touch.

Of course, my favorite part is the cameo appearance of the classic Legion Querl, Rokk, Imra, and Garth (as short as it was).
Oh, woe. Reading such enthusiasm for this comic here and over at Legion Abstract really makes me want to read it, canceled or not. Being flat broke is the pits. >:
I read the last issue a few days ago and i liked it. Funny, Garth wasn't this flirty in the animated season 2 but it amuses me.

Though i like the animated Lightning Lad a bit more. Is it just my imagination or is he more mature and effective in the animated season 2 than this comic counterpart is?

Dream Girl continues to interest me as a character and i'm among those who think that an LL and Dreamy pairing could have been interesting as an alternative.

Saturn Girl - I think she must be aware Garth is interested on some level but she probably dismisses it as his hormones talking or something.

Cleome, that's sad news to hear! *patpats*
You know, I considered doing the online auction thing to get rid of some old comics I don't read anymore. Then I'd have cash for new stuff. I did this a few years ago with some success. Nowadays, though, the fees on even an auction where your item doesn't sell are absurdly high. It's cheaper to eat your unwanted stuff than it is to try selling it. Get Tenzil in here: I wanna' become a Bismollian. [snerk]
This comic will be very missed by me.
Originally posted by MLLASH:
This comic will be very missed by me.
Same here.
It was well written and illustrated within the parameters set forth (that is, a comic geared towards a younger audience). That last issue was especially well done.
It seems as though DC is trying to delete all presently existing continuity so as to clear the stage for their new LOSH incarnation in 2009.
The thing that bothers me is every time we lose a current book like this one or the regular title that ends with #50 (and ultimately suffer through yet another re-boot mess) we, as a fan base, lose another little piece of our souls.

I hope the creators of the next version of Legion keep that in mind when rolling out the new stories next year.
© Legion World