Legion World
Posted By: CreativityKid The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 12/19/04 04:03 AM
Been trying to get my girlfriend interested in comics. Lent her my "Who's Who" loose-leaf editions.

And after reading 'em, she suggested a new hero, one with onions as a super-power (disarm villains by making them cry).

So after much thought, I present ... The Legion of Super-Vegetables:

Onion Lad
Carrot Kid (he's bad for your eyes)
Celery Queen
Tomato Terror
and Lettuce Lass

Any other ideas?

-- Mike
Posted By: Starbucks Kid Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 12/19/04 04:10 AM
The Rutabegan (for more of a post-boot flavor name)
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 12/19/04 08:20 AM
Mr. Potato Head? powers to be defined...maybe he can mash, boil or fry things and people. He could even have a sidekick, Tater Tot. Lots of sponsorship/licensing potential.

You scoff - but they probably sneered at SpongeBob when he was first suggested... wink
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 12/19/04 04:48 PM
Asparagus Lass -- she can make your urine smell

Artichoke Lord -- his amazing cardiac abilities are overlooked often due to his capacity to close off your windpipe

Zuchini Boy -- his hefty powers remain a secret to Legionnaires only
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 12/19/04 07:52 PM
Hemp Lad
Parsnip Lass
Brussel Sprout
Chili Pepper Chet
Cucumber Queen
Radicchio Roy
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 12/19/04 07:53 PM
Onion Lad, in Adult LSVeg continuity, could become The Town Crier
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 12/19/04 07:53 PM
Imagine Nardos'
Super-Vegematic of space!
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 12/19/04 08:53 PM
is jack lalane a new villain for this legion? with his juicer & mad juicing wife and son?
Posted By: lil'rhino Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 03/17/10 02:45 AM
Bok-Choi Boy!
Posted By: cleome57 Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 03/17/10 04:57 AM
<span style="font-size: 16px;">Gazpacho Girl!</span>

Her <span style="font-size: 15px;">fiery</span> temper masks the <span style="font-size: 15px;">coldness</span> in her heart!
Posted By: lil'rhino Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 03/17/10 05:44 AM
oooo, colour!!!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 03/17/10 11:51 AM
Another Villain: The Salad Legionnaire - He has all the powers of the Legionnaires.
Posted By: Set Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 03/17/10 12:18 PM
Nobody has mentioned the original vegetable-powered superhero, Spinach Lad - aka Popeye the Sailor Man?

Other random Vegetable heroes (or villains);

Representing France, L'aubergine!
Garlic Girl can repel vampires!
Jumping Bean leaps tall buildings in a single bound!
Squash Lad can crush anything he gets his hands on. It turns out that he has no vegetable connection at all, and was rejected.
Posted By: Candlelight Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 03/17/10 01:29 PM
Corn Pone - dual powers of a grain and a vegetable, super-strength with high speed and a laid back personality.

'Mr. Potato Head would work like an Arms-Fall-Off-Boy.
smile

Tater Tot could be one of Ivy's best friends, he's a soil elemental that gets things ready for Ivy's seeds.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: The Legion of Super-Vegetables - 03/18/10 08:18 PM
This thread reminds of Creativity Kid, who I miss on LW in the various forums. He ran for LMB Leader once against Lash, EDE and a host of others when he was still brand new!

As for Veggie-Legionnaires...I think I'd go the route of "Beet Beatnik", a hip member of the Heroes of Lallor.
© Legion World