Legion World
Posted By: Nightcrawler "Chain of Command" preview - 02/24/07 07:35 PM
Cosmic Boy and Ferro Lad finally debut! and can also be seen here .
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/24/07 07:52 PM
Thanks!

I'm surprised Cos didn't b-slap Imra..."This is too dangerous for a *girl*." Aw, I'll give the guy a chance..... The tech he and Brainy were working on looked really kewl.

Colossal Boy and Ferro Lad in action! That's great. Looks like Gim's wearing red biker shorts over blue leggings... that's differnt! Andrew has super strength even when not ironed up.

I feel like the Ranzz family portrait is full of dysfunction! Dad looks kinda stressed out. Mom looks manically happy/laugh-y. The twins look good. Ayla looks very boy-ish... no surprise there. Mekt looks like Mekt...with black hair. That was cool...

I love it when we see more characters!
Posted By: Awesomegirl Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/24/07 08:10 PM
Besides Imra being OOC(out of character), it looks like an awesome episode!
Posted By: Blacula Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/24/07 08:29 PM
WOW! Looks like a great episode! We don't see the Legion tackling natural disasters nearly enough anymore IMO.

Colossal Boy and Ferro Lad look fantastic! Love the version of Ferro Lad's costume they've gone with. Cosmic Boy looks like his usual all-business, stick-up-his-a** self - I like that portrayal of him so I'm cool with it.

Can't wait to see it.
Posted By: Tromium Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/24/07 08:59 PM
Ferro Lad! Outstanding!

Cosmic Boy looks like an anal retentive martinet. They got his number, don't they? wink

I like how they depicted Winath. The scene with LL looking at the family portrait as his home starts crashing down around him -- just heartbreaking. The adults in the picture looked more like grandparents than parents, though. Maybe the parents are dead.

Stirring musical score.

NC, do you have the promo, too? It had some interesting bits as well, including (I think) a better look at Ferro Lad.
Posted By: Razorsaw Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/24/07 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Awesomegirl:
Besides Imra being OOC(out of character), it looks like an awesome episode!
I'd rather wait to see the context before saying it's out of character.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/24/07 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Tromium:
NC, do you have the promo, too? It had some interesting bits as well, including (I think) a better look at Ferro Lad.
Setting it up right now...

Or right now, right here .
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/24/07 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Tromium:
The adults in the picture looked more like grandparents than parents, though. Maybe the parents are dead.
Not necessarily. They are farmers. That hard life can age you prematurely. To me the father looked extremely tired, not old.
Posted By: Blacula Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/25/07 12:15 AM
After seeing the full promo I'm liking their depiction of Rokk even more.

"A legendary Legion leader returns..." That's always been Rokk's best role on this team - the guy who held them together at their earliest and roughest time and built them up into the powerhouse organisation they are today. Even if it did turn him into an anal-retentive stick-in-the-mud. I chalk that down to the pressures of ensuring that the team he formed stays great.

Go Rokk!
Posted By: Sir Tim Drake Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/25/07 04:46 AM
Why do we keep seeing flashbacks and pictures of Ayla, but not Ayla herself?
Posted By: Yk Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/25/07 04:55 AM
I think it's 'cause they plan to surprise us with a toon version of the silver age story that introduced Ayla. laugh Wouldn't that be cool?
Posted By: Set Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/27/07 07:40 PM
Since they've introduced Star Boy as able to increase and decrease the weight of objects, it seems likely that Ayla will have the same lightning-chucking talents as her sibs.

With all the speculation about a possible Ferro Lad appearance and death in the season ender, wouldn't it be a kick to have Lightning Lad be the one to make the big sacrifice, and Ayla show up to take his place for part of the second season? (Only to be rejoined by her brother upon his miraculous return from apparent death, in a modified version of the original storyline, that doesn't involve super-pets...)
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/27/07 08:06 PM
Unless Andy is going to be doing Ayla's voice, don't expect that. He and Yuri Lowenthal (Superman) are the only two confirmed returning voice talent for season two.
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 02/27/07 08:10 PM
I must've been reading a different Cosmic Boy than everyone else all these years.
Posted By: Vee Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 03/03/07 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I must've been reading a different Cosmic Boy than everyone else all these years.
Me too
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 03/07/07 02:14 AM
We got a Legion election. So cool! And I like having Bouncing Boy win. I have to say that it happened so fast that it took me a little by surprize, but then immediately I was thinking "Ah I see the set-up"
Posted By: Hunt Drouin Re: "Chain of Command" preview - 03/21/07 03:37 AM
Thank God for You Tube. I just finished watching this episode and it was one of the best. This is the Legion I remember growing up. Tackling a disaster, powers complimenting each other and the "useless" power (bouncing) saves the day! Yay Bouncing Boy! It will be fun to see him as leader. He'll get by with Trip's TLC.
© Legion World