Legion World
So, what's up with him?

Is LSH #5 his first appearance?

What does he eat?

How's his love life?

Is he really just a Tree-Man of Arbro brekked out after hard drinking?
CRAP!! I've only read up to # 2... must catch up so I can comment!!!
Bah! You can pretty much skip #3 and #4! Nothing really cool happens until #5!
GAAAH! I demand my $6 back for issues 3-4!!
I wonder how she sleeps at night with that tree dude staring at her.
Maybe it faces away from her more private quarters.
Sleeping would be hard, for sure, otherwise, but showering and dressing would be even worse!

Maybe it's just a carving in the tree, or a plaque?
I blame Mysa for corrupting impressionable youth.

She's just flaunting her cross-Kingdom relationship with a Mineral, and now young Glorith has gotten the wrong idea and is shacking up with a tree-dude!

Scandalous, really. Is nothing sacred? Dating other species? Fine. Dating your own gender? Fine. Dating someone from another time period? Whatever. Dating a fictional character from your favorite holo-drama? So last century, darling, but do what makes you feel good.

But dating a rock or a tree? Oh dear.

Next thing you know, bird-women will be dating men made of anti-energy, and we all know where that leads...
Originally posted by Set:
Next thing you know, bird-women will be dating men made of anti-energy, and we all know where that leads...
Yes... yes, we do.

But everyone is someone's fetish:

[Linked Image]
Giant energy birds, Greek centaurs pretending to be super-horses, anatomically incorrect fish-dudes, eccentric love-slave-robot-making future stalkers descended from one of Superman's worst enemies, whatever.

I've learned not to be shocked at Supergirl's love life.

Girl's got issues. Girl's got three longboxes full of issues, bagged and boarded and sorted by publication date.
Isn't there a magic talking tree in one of the Grimm fairy tales? Like Cinderella, maybe?

Girl's got issues. Girl's got three longboxes full of issues, bagged and boarded and sorted by publication date.
Well done Set !! laugh
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Isn't there a magic talking tree in one of the Grimm fairy tales? Like Cinderella, maybe?
Snow White has a talking mirror which is sometimes shown with an ornate wooden frame.
That's the only Grimm tale I remember similar to the tree.
Although, come to think of it, I seem to remember a Russian film version where a tree was the source of magic for Cinderella's dresses and things, which were in acorns.
Hmmm.

The Wizard of Oz has the talking faced, apple throwing trees.

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis have trees, Tolkiens have faces and talk, that move, walk and fight.

Pocohantas by Disney had a magical tree with a talking face.

To name a few magical trees in stories.

DC's Amethyst stories on Gemworld/Sorcerers Planet, which we know is where Mysa and Blok are now, had faces like that tree's on all sorts of surfaces.
The faces never looked very happy, like this one, either.
shrug
The first Neal Adams Deadman stories had Rama Kushna appearing as a face on a tree.
Anyone else remember the talking trees from H.R. Pufnstuf?
[snip]

...Next thing you know, bird-women will be dating men made of anti-energy, and we all know where that leads...
Uh, I'll take "<span style="font-size: 16px;">NOWHERE</span>", for $50, Alex.
Attn: That Tree Dude in Glorith's Quarters Fans!

He makes a long-awaited return appearance in LSH #15!
And he's the only witness.

Maybe they can get Chlorophyll Kid to talk to him.
Oh, this is like one of those Superfriends mysteries where only some fish saw what happened, and they ask Aquaman over to interrogate the 'witnesses.'

And then Batman cracks up laughing and says, "Or we could check the security video. What a loser."
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That guy can sleep through anything! Some guard dog he is!
I can't wait for Chlorophyll Kid to make him accidentally grow to enormous size shattering through the HQ!!!!
The tree dude's face changed between panels ... maybe he's like a ginormous clock! Although I'm not sure how practical it would be to have a clock that turned away from you so you couldn't see exactly what time it is ... "oh somewhere between 6 and 10!"
Tree-Dude was trying to tell them what happened, but he speaks so slowly that they didn't notice!

Wow, and could Harmonia be any less useful an investigator? "Hmm, her bedpost is on fire, nothing unnatural here..."

I like how Chemical Kid is just hanging out on page 2, with nothing to contribute. 'Uh, yeah, so are we gonna go shopping or what? Girlfriend is probably hiding in the closet because she doesn't want to explain why she was smoking her bed.'
HAHA and there's shattered debris all over the floor. Maybe someone came in and trashed the place after Glorith left. Since her departure wasn't exactly explosive.

Is urk still around? laugh
removed after having a further look at the "issue".

Harmonia Li is indeed saying that the burning bed appears to be perfectly natural.
I love how Brainy finds Harmonia's lameass explanation to be a "persuasive analysis"!

You'd think the fact that she left without her flight ring would also be a huge clue that something was up.
I like how she has little tree branches on her PJs. Maybe Glorith is really a tree and tree-dude is her over-protective dad.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
It's one of the Tree-People of Arbro!

He's just real old and lazy. Or maybe he's her prisoner!
I miss That Tree Dude in Glorith's Quarters.
I don't remember That Tree Dude at all.

It's a mys-tree.
Tree Dude left DC for Marvel to play Groot.
Originally Posted by Fat Cramer
Tree Dude left DC for Marvel to play Groot.

What a $ell-Out! shake
Wait... wasn't Legion HQ destroyed during that last Giffen arc? That Tree Dude better have been okay!
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
Wait... wasn't Legion HQ destroyed during that last Giffen arc? That Tree Dude better have been okay!

If Giffen had been allowed to continue...

The grim return of... Kid Kindling!
[Linked Image]
That looks a lot like one of the 5YL Ranzz girls all grown up...
Originally Posted by Thriftshop Debutante
click to enlarge

Lost Tales of the Legion: All-Tree Dude convinces Glorith of the threat from another dimension. She leads a team of Legionnaires to destroy Alpha Flight, who have been turning his kin into firewood!
The greatest contribution to the LSH in a decade and he's been all but forgotten! What a shame.
But why has he been forgotten? It's a ...

[Linked Image]
© Legion World