Legion World
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/12/12 08:52 PM
Couldn't find a thread on them, so I thought I'd start one, and mention that they're featured as one of 10 Great LGBT Superheroes/Couples on Newsarama.

I would've expect Ayla and Vi if any LSH characters were to be included.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/12/12 09:05 PM
10 great ... not the ten greatest! laugh where I would expect Vi and Ayla to be.

wink
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/12/12 09:08 PM
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Rictor and Shatterstar are bringing the B in GLBT. That's nice.

I forgot about Karolina and Xavin! Xavin is representing the Ts!!

Power Boy and Gravity Kid are number 2 no less! laugh </span></span>
Posted By: ultrajo Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/12/12 09:18 PM
Yeah, I would of thought the new DC with its introducing more minorities mandate would have brought on Gravity Kid to replace Star Boy. But alas we're left with one more straight white male in a team set in the future. Yawn. What's so great about creating gay characters if they're never around?
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/12/12 11:41 PM
Cool that they made it, but Vi and Ayla should be there too!
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/13/12 12:50 AM
Ayla and Vi should have been included. Obsidian was also conspicuous by his absence, not unlike the DCnU. frown
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/13/12 01:25 AM
I was going to make another comment but then I realized ....

ISN'T IT FANTASTIC WE HAVE MORE THAN 10 GREAT LGBT CHARACTERS !!!!

(sad in a way of course) BUT .... much better than it used to be!!!

laugh

and only Northstar a former terrorist.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/13/12 01:28 AM
btw I have always found Apollo and Midnighter far more interesting than the originals. IMHO.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/15/12 08:44 AM
Awesome, and to think these two boys got so little screen-time in comparison.

Perhaps Ayla and Violet were left off because they haven't been a "confirmed" couple for very long?

But I agree, Obsidian and his beau Damon also deserve to be there. These 2 almost adopted a kid together!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/15/12 05:37 PM
Whoever made that list must be a huge Legion fan! I've always thought our boys were kind of obscure. Love that they made it to #2!
Posted By: Harbinger Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/15/12 10:51 PM
I wonder if they are so high up on the list because they are "spouses"? I was surprised how low Northstar is.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/30/12 03:27 AM
One thing I adore about these two (besides them being a wonderful example of a homosexual male relationship between two otherwise "normal" males with no drama) is that their relationship is one of the healthiest in the comics right now. And, so far nobody in the comics has commented negatively on it - a sign of an enlightened future, for sure!

I would so go on a double date with them.
Posted By: Set Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/30/12 07:40 PM
I do kind of worry that Power Boy is gonna get maimed and / or killed in the next Takron-Galtos prison break, and Gravity Lad is going to go all dark vengeance rampage-y...

Superhero couples are like catnip for writers to put through the wringer!
Posted By: SharkLad Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 05/30/12 08:41 PM
Courtesy of Phil Jimenez... seems appropriate to repost here...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 06/06/12 04:44 PM
If Power Boy gets anything more than injured, I'll be really upset frown

Love the Phil Jimenez art... and those two grins are just awesome. Reminds me of the grins Blaze and I have when we're about to do something adventurous!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 06/06/12 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Set:
I do kind of worry that Power Boy is gonna get maimed and / or killed in the next Takron-Galtos prison break, and Gravity Lad is going to go all dark vengeance rampage-y...

Superhero couples are like catnip for writers to put through the wringer!
I'm worrying already about Alan Scott's "Sam" ... and the comic hasn't even been released yet ... but that cover of Alan in flames .... shake dosn't look good.
Posted By: Leather Wolf Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 06/18/12 10:38 PM
I am surprised one of them wasn't granted Legion membership. I do expect one of them to get hurt/killed in the future due to how often the inmates escape that place.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 06/19/12 02:18 AM
HMPH! No mention of Extrano!
Posted By: Set Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 06/19/12 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Leather Wolf:
I am surprised one of them wasn't granted Legion membership. I do expect one of them to get hurt/killed in the future due to how often the inmates escape that place.
Sadly, that would be typical.

Paul seems to be writing out the old Legion Academy folks, so my money would be on Power Boy to get hurt/killed, and Gravity Kid/Lad/whatev to go all revenge-rampage-y.

Gay, straight or otherwise, comic-book couples exist to generate angst, it seems.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 12/15/12 10:33 PM
Guess which Legionnaire makes 10 Comic Book Bad Guys Gone Good?
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 12/15/12 10:47 PM
hmmm I think Magneto and Emma Frost have been rather consistent over the course of history ... its all the others that have change along the good/bad scale.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 12/15/12 10:48 PM
Hint: It's not Bloodclaw. wink
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 12/15/12 10:51 PM
Flederweb. Flederweb. fo' sure.
Posted By: Set Re: Gravity Kid + Power Boy - 12/16/12 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Power Boy:
hmmm I think Magneto and Emma Frost have been rather consistent over the course of history ... its all the others that have change along the good/bad scale.
I was surprised not to see Namor, Quicksilver and / or the Scarlet Witch on that list, also.

And I was also surprised to see Deathstroke on it at all. He was *ever* a good guy? I don't think so. Doctor Doom, Loki, even Galactus, have ended up fighting alongside heroes for various reasons a bunch of times, but that doesn't make one a 'good guy.'
© Legion World