Legion World
Posted By: Sketch Lad I never bought the VALOR series! - 02/13/07 12:19 AM
Am I totally missing out? Should I go digging through the back issue bins?

OR

Could I go on living without it?
Hmm... I think I've only read the Zero Hour issues...
I have the complete series; I bought the issues as they were published. IIRC, they were OK, but nothing brilliant in either writing or artwork (I haven't felt motivated to dig them out of the longboxes in a while, not even when I reread 5YL last year).
Posted By: Nick Vinson Re: I never bought the VALOR series! - 02/13/07 06:26 AM
They are pretty o-kay. I enjoyed them. The artwork early on is by MD Bright, and its rather beautiful. Makes me wish he were doing Quantum and Woody... The Zero Hour issues are really the only mandatory issues, if that. However, if you like early Lar Gand then sure. Why not? I got my lot on the cheap from eBay last year.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: I never bought the VALOR series! - 02/13/07 09:06 AM
Thanks for the responses. I have the Zero Hour issues, so that's covered. I was just thinking about Mon-El, Valor, M'Onel and how I've never really been majorly impressed by him. I mean, I appreciate who he is and all. I was wondering if his series made him more likeable.
Posted By: jimgallagher Re: I never bought the VALOR series! - 02/13/07 05:29 PM
I only bought a couple of issues. I thought it was lame.
I bought the second half of the series (cheap - in the 25 cent bins), from Dead On Arrival onward. There are one or two Legionnaires cameos that tie into the time disturbances (c. Legionnaires 16) leading up to Zero Hour, but it's nothing one can't live without.

***SPOILER**** (sort off)

It also ties in, vaguely, with the Time Trapper's return to existance, as Glorith kills one timeline of Lar, throwing time into disarray, which of course ties back into Zero Hour and why the Trapper could suddenly come back (or come anew, if one accepts the Rokk TT was a different TT than the "puppet master" TT or the Controller TT).
© Legion World