Legion World
Posted By: MLLASH Spinoffs!! - 07/01/04 06:14 PM
Once LEGION is DC's # 1 book, they're inevitable!

What spinoffs would interest you? More 30th century team books ala THE WANDERERS? Solo series for certain characters? What, what, what do you want to see?

Dare I hope for... MATTER-EATER LAD: THE SERIES?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/01/04 06:29 PM
We've already got the first year of MEL written!

Surely it won't be too hard to shoehorn it into the new continuity!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/01/04 06:30 PM
And I want a Knights of Nadir miniseries!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/01/04 06:44 PM
I figure we might ought to prepare for our new jobs at DC, Eryk... our big break is right around the corner once LEGION is DC's # 1 book and the demand for spinoffs is there. Maybe we need to prepare to e-mail our scripts to Mark Waid!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/01/04 07:05 PM
How long before the DC/Marvel "Proty vs. Wolverine" mini?
Posted By: Vee Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/01/04 07:34 PM
1) The Legion Academy - The Future Begins Today!
2) SUBS Legion -(Still Unapreciated But Spectacular)
3) Legion SP - (Super Pets)
4) The Wandering Lallorians (Wanderers & Heroes of Lallor combined)

A
N
D

5) Secret Files of the Espionage Squad
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/02/04 07:57 AM
How about Secret Lives of Legion Creators? and One-Shot Character Showcase?
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/02/04 01:47 PM
How about the "clean up squad" a series about the backroom boys who are sent out from Legion World to help reconstruct planets and stuff destroyed in Legion battles.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/02/04 06:26 PM
LEGION ACADEMY would be to LSH what New Mutants was to X-Men.

That would rock!
Posted By: ActorLad Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/02/04 06:36 PM
Some that havn't been mentioned yet.

Adventures of Andromeda & Brainiac 5

Uncanny Amazers

Sensor's Tail
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/02/04 06:52 PM
The new Starman series, set in the 31st century.
Posted By: Semi Transparent Fellow Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/02/04 07:36 PM
Call me old-fashioned, but I'd love to see a spin-off series expanding on the legend of Valor and his seeding of the UP worlds.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/03/04 12:43 AM
Speaking of the older stuff, I wouldn't mind seeing L.E.G.I.O.N. return.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/03/04 12:53 AM
I disagree, OM.
to me, L.E.G.I.O.N. was corrosion in the arteries of Legion lore... let it remain forgotten in 1.9.8.9. to 1.9.9.5, I say
Posted By: Chameleon Boy Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/03/04 04:40 PM
Valor was just boring to me, the stories were just flat, although I did like the tie in story in the last few issues before DC decided to trash our beloved continuum! frown

I think a great spin off would be the Espionage Squad, headed by you know who!! laugh ChameleonBoy laugh

ChameleonBoy
Posted By: Kid Quislet Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/03/04 07:19 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a CREDO mini-series.
A feature with the Cadets/Academy members would be cool, and I would love to see the Dark Circle resurrected and rebuilt to be the evil machine potential it has.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/05/04 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
How about the "clean up squad" a series about the backroom boys who are sent out from Legion World to help reconstruct planets and stuff destroyed in Legion battles.
Shirley gets her own book? I like!!
Posted By: Bicycle Repair Man Re: Spinoffs!! - 07/05/04 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
You mean like Marvel's Damage Control minis?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Spinoffs!! - 09/19/18 12:15 AM
Hmm... we eventually did kind of get our Legion Academy series for a brief period!

Still no Knights of Nadir or Shirley series, however!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Spinoffs!! - 09/19/18 12:55 AM
I still think we should've had the Legion Academy spinoff way back in 1985, to take the place of Tales of the Legion. Legion Academy on the newsstands, Veteran Legion at the specialty stores...maybe I'm naïve, but I really believe it could've worked.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Spinoffs!! - 09/19/18 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ann Hebistand
I still think we should've had the Legion Academy spinoff way back in 1985, to take the place of Tales of the Legion. Legion Academy on the newsstands, Veteran Legion at the specialty stores...maybe I'm naïve, but I really believe it could've worked.

The trick would be to make it stand out from the New Mutants...

#1 Pol's dad, who also has magnetic powers is brought into the academy as an instructor. The Legion think he's gone villainous and things are tense between the teams.
#2 Timberwolf guest stars and threatens to eviscerate some of the youngsters.
#3 Chuck 7 Lu are off on a mission when it dawns on them that no one ever seems to teach the kids. No wonder so few get into the Legion.
#4 Myg kidnaps them all to Lythyl, from where they access various realms of the gods. It turns out that the student with the helmet is the kid of one of them.
#5 part two of #4. It's not a long story, but the writer is needlessly verbose "to the ultimate extent."
#6 The kids return, only to find that Timberwolf has conveniently forgotten who they are and tries to eviscerate them again. Ayla guests waving some lotus fruit and a copy of The Water Margin to lure Brin away.
#7 The Academy vs The Subs who have now become a group attached to a rival UP Academy.

Hmmmm… it's tougher to separate them than I thought...
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Spinoffs!! - 09/19/18 10:14 PM
LOL Yeah, I guess so.

Time for them to go all glam-rock-slash-mercenary! Paging Fabian Nicieza and Greg Capullo (but not Rob Liefeld!)

wink
© Legion World