Legion World
Dawnstar and Karate Kid can be seen on the DVD cover.
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2...ime-movie-hitting-dvd-january-21st-2014/
Oh my God oh my God oh my God.
So.... it was the Time Trapper that hacked those credit card numbers?
Sweet! and Karate Kid looks visibly Asian too.

Weird costumes on that cover - mostly-classic Superman, but DCFU belt & S-shield and no red pants, a Wonder Woman with a silver tiara but red/gold Linda Carter logo and Dodsons belt, Batman with postboot Legion side pouches only, and a self-castrating buckle area...

Oh, and the long-retired Morrison-era JLA logo for a cherry on top!
Fantastic Find! Guess where I'm going to be on Tuesday? Thanks for that Elvar!
So there's no promotion for it, it's exclusive to Target and there'e no apparent merchandising tie-ins. Isn't that kind of ... strange?
Originally Posted by Dave Hackett
So there's no promotion for it, it's exclusive to Target and there'e no apparent merchandising tie-ins. Isn't that kind of ... strange?

I would have thought so. OTOH, how often does this happen and we don't notice because it isn't based on a Marvel/DC-type thing?

(Other possibilites include "rejected pilot" - coming in the wake of the GL/YJ/etc cancellations - "complete loss of confidence in the product" and "wrong costumes/characters/etc for current corporate.")
Two of my favorite Legionnaires on the cover, Sold!

Pure Speculation: Since it’s all ages and the look is a bit kid-ish, I wonder if this was supposed to be the start of a new toy line that didn’t happen? Might as well make money off the movie type thing.
Yup, I've seen it a couple of places, but it says it's a target exclusive, is that correct?
Interview with director Giancarlo Volpe.
http://voicesfromkrypton.net/jla-adventures-exclusive-director-giancarlo-volpe/
Just watched the video both Karate Kid and Dawnstar featured prominently throughout the movie. Karate Kid is the same as the comic version with a mastery of all martial arts and the ability to see weak points in objects and people. Dawnstar gets an upgrade along with her tracking abilities she now has light based powers as well.
Oh for one Legion based DVD / Blue Ray before my subscription is terminated!
Saw it last night and loved it. It's definitely ALL ages. Which is fine. I can't wait to show my kids. I thought it was cool the voice of the KK was the guy who did the voice of Zuko on Avatar. They made Dawnstar a bit more mystical but I liked it. Funny thing is I liked them a lot more than the JL. It also has a couple episodes of the old Super Friends.
I really enjoyed it, I look forward to more of these, and hopefully Val and Dawny get figures in the Target toy line.
Saw it online. It was enjoyable, but Dawny seemed more like XS in personality that the original. Levitz and Grell were in the credits for creating Dawnstar, but Shooter was not for Karate Kid.
I don't want to give away too much but I gotta say I loved the fight between Karate Kid and a certain other present day hero. I wanted him to really kick butt!
I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive that I ordered via eBay, but must say that I have really enjoyed seeing pictures from the movie on Facebook. My one dislike is that Dawnstar's hair isn't longer, and what's with her black wings? I much prefer her white feather look, but that's just my own personal bias.
The thing that amused me was how Bizarro's outfit had trunks when Superman's didn't.

It definitely had that "Super Friends" feel to it.
Fun seeing Karate Kid and Dawnstar in action. Not sure why they chose to have the episode occur before they joined the Legion. I found it interesting that the Justice League was powerless without the Legionnaires taking the lead. In that sense this really was a Legion story, and will be if they ever produce the sequel.

Dawnstar really got a power upgrade. It's hard to believe that she alone can take down the Time Trapper after the many times the Legion faced the Trapper in Legion comics through the years.

I guess my biggest complaint is that the producers didn't use the continuity from the recent Legion cartoon series to design this episode, especially with regards to the look of Karate Kid. While I enjoyed this portrayal of Val, it would have been nice to have harmonized the two incarnations somehow instead of starting over from scratch.

I am pleased to see the Legion featured in this release. It does give us hope that DC has not yet given up on the Legion as a profitable title again someday down the road. Too bad this wasn't released before the Legion was cancelled. Maybe it could have helped expand the fan base of Levitz's title. Marketing is everything you know. As it is, the DVD presented a decent Legion related adventure for those of us hungry for the Legion during this hiatus. I will cherish that Dawnstar and Karate Kid were portrayed more as the real stars while the Justice League took a more back up/slapstick comedy role in the storyline.
Dawny is a bit more of an attacking threat it seems. I notice that the blades she has in this are similar to about the only weapons I saw her use (off Kol) in the old days.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Elvar
Dawnstar gets an upgrade along with her tracking abilities she now has light based powers as well.

At least it adds power diversity to the cast, and the new powers go well with her name tongue
For those who have not purchased this DVD as of yet, I got it tonight at Walmart for $1.96 as part of their Thanksgiving Day sale. The sale continues through Friday while supplies last.
Thanks, Colossal Boy!
Walmart on Black Friday.

Not happening. lol

So, how is it?
I finally got my hands on this DVD .... it was a bit hard to get a hold of up here in the Great White North.

Hate to say it but it was sooooooooo not worth the wait!
I found it a bit too "junior" for my tastes. Even my 5 year old nephew was like "meh" after we watched it together.
Nuff said.
WHAT?!?!?! How did I not know this exists? Sigh... I was in the midst of a decaying marriage
Well I have it now!!!
© Legion World