Legion World
One of the many two-issue minis next spring:

SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES

Writer: Stuart Moore
Artists: Gus Storms and Mark Farmer
Colorist: John Rauch

While Brainiac 5 struggles to break through the dome, Superboy tries to keep the Legion of Super-Heroes spirits up—but then the Atomic Knights ride into town.

https://www.nerdist.com/2014/11/exclusive-dc-comics-unveils-10-new-convergence-mini-series/
...and this is the best art that they can come up with?

It's already doomed to failure!
That is probably the most androgynous Lightning Lass I have ever seen.
The art....GAH! IT BURNS MY EYES!
Sigh.
I like the art, I get where they are going with it which is more of a manga sensibility and therefore possibly more accessible by the mass markets. Hopefully the story is good and they'll concentrate on a core team (and switch it up a little every so often) as that tends to be what works best for the legion.

Yeah the minute you said manga, I went running the other way.
Also, is Shadow Lass an elf now?
Not digging the art at all... but man, it's a real honest-to-goodness Superboy, even if I'd prefer more of a 60s or 70s take on the team. And the Legion meets the Atomic Knights is kind of cool.

Gah... Must resist temptation to get my hopes up for anything from DC...
Remember this is only a two-issue one-time deal. DC's running 40 of them over two months while they move offices out to LA. There isn't a planned continuation of any of the Convergence stories (Though I imagine the ones that do the best will get a second look).
The art is, different from whats gone before but its not ugly and you can tell who each character is easily - the art style is a good choice for a book with such a larger 'core' cast. And no, Shadowlass isn't an elf as her ears are rounded (they've been pointy in the past, which would of made her a 'eh-elf' (get it? 'sh'adow)

tee hee
the more i look at it, the more i like it honestly. It's sort of reminds me of mobius, it's not complete manga, but it does have an obvious influence of manga.

I'll be happy just to see the Legion in its own book. Hopefully involvement in whatever nonsense Event they are part of won;t hamper them too much.

The art isn't great, but it could have been a whole lot worse. I'm reminded of EGOs a bit.
I probably should have said dwarf as I was alluding to her height. Previously IIRC Shadow Lass was one of the tallest female Legionnaires. Oh well. I think the artist needs to gain a lot more experience before he can really be compared to Moebius.
As an aside - KOLE IS INCLUDED IN THE NEW TEEN TITANS BOOK OH MY GOSH!! I might pick this up JUST because she's in it!
Don't get me wrong... I'll definitely buy the Legion book(s) no matter how bad the art is, if only to send a message to DC.

Which brings up another point; if all of these sell well... and I think that they might.. then DC would be totally nuts to walk away after just two issues. Sure, this is only a fill-in while they're moving but if they still sell better than the regular DCnU trash then maybe these versions won't be as far gone as we think.
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
As an aside - KOLE IS INCLUDED IN THE NEW TEEN TITANS BOOK OH MY GOSH!! I might pick this up JUST because she's in it!

I hope she walks out alive from this Event for you Ibby.

Thank you thothy! Too predictable if she dies. I hope they do not kill any, but if they do let it e one of the more panel hoggy characters. Deathstroke would be good
Ouch. Of all, the LSH looks the worst. They look sickly. Maybe this will be called the "Skank Boot"?
Learned my lesson. Not going to buy a book I'm not going to like in order to encourage DC to publish more of the book I do not like.

Art: I've got at least two kids in every class that can draw that, with speed but I'm not going to pay $4 for it and the coloring isn't exactly imaginative.

Must be going for "mood?"
I've been burned by DC too many times to even consider buying this issue, but I still think it looks interesting.

I don't love the art but I really like that it's different and very unlike that boring Jim Lee derivative house-style that was all over the DC line at the beginning of the DCFU.

I really like the combination of Legionnaires too. Gim's there so that of course helps, but one of my favourite things about reading Legion comics is seeing different collections of teammates, and I don't think I've ever seen this grouping of characters before.

One thing I really don't like though is Jacques' costume. IK II's cool costume is one of the simplest on the team... and this artist has somehow screwed it up. It bugs me.
The art is crappy. Worst of all the sneak previews. The only saving grace is seeing Computo flying around. I think I'll pass on this one and only pick it up if I hear that it actually impacts anything. I want a real Legion book not just a bunch of crossover guest appearances.
I just noticed that there are more replies to this "Convergence" announcement than to the latest Legion appearance in "Justice League United #6". Why is that?
Probably because this one has "Superboy and the LSH announced" in the title?
And because we know Convergence has pre-Flashpoint characters.

And maybe because we wanna trash talk the art smile
And because Justice League United is DCFU.
Shadow Lass did kinda get hit by a shrink ray.

Ayla's right eye is on her hair. That can be useful?

That Computo?

My honest biggest reason for not buying? I see four large panels with no story carried by the art nor action and certainly not using detailed, time consuming effort. This could have been done in half the real estate. Another 5 minute read.

We will get the usual from the creators, "always wanted to do Legion, fan from childhood," while the effort will be their least all year.
Yeah, that's the Computo redesign from way back in LSH #311 and following when Brainiac 5 blew up Legion headquarters trying to cure Invisible Kid's sister, Dnielle Foccart, from Computo posession. She got cured. Computo created a new Legion headquarters, and Computo became the Lrgion sidekick.
Originally Posted by Blockade Boy
We will get the usual from the creators, "always wanted to do Legion, fan from childhood," while the effort will be their least all year.

Yep. Just the latest in a long line of recent slaps in the face for us Legion fans.
I will buy it, because it's a shot at picking up a Legion ongoing. That may or may not be with this creative team. Creative teams come and go on ongoings anyway, but at least there would be a title for them to shuffle around on.

I'd rather have the characters I like than another Convergence style reboot.

I mentioned that the art reminded me of EGOs. Sure enough, it's the same creative team.

I put capsule reviews of the first three issues of EGOs on this thread

DCNU motto - Lowered Expectations.
I have one thing to say about this:

click to enlarge
I'm not surprised.
What can I say...Jeckie was Royally Hawt!
Mike Grell would have worked for me with that Title!
Originally Posted by MLLASH
I have one thing to say about this:

click to enlarge

Of course, Lash makes it a point to be naked when he faints.
As predicted, things aren't looking all that good for the Legion.

In an interview posted today, Dan Didio refers to the Legion (and other stories featured in Convergence) as stories of "doomed timelines" in which we get to see how these characters react when their universe/timeline dies.

So, for those of us who believed from the get-go that this was just the final nail in the Legion's coffin (at least until someone takes over the reigns from the current powers that be) then it looks like this might well be the case.

Anyone surprised?
Considering the team doing it did a Legion-lite version in EGOs it would seem a possibility that their issues could be seen as a launching point for further Legion stories if they sell well.

And not because they thought the Legion-lite team would be a decent team to do a final version of this Legion story. He typed with foolish optimism, when knowing better.

A new Legion could be some JLA3000 affair just as easily.

Originally Posted by thothkins
A new Legion could be some JLA3000 affair just as easily....

Maybe.

But DCnU seems to have gone out of their way of late to distance themselves from anything that doesn't in some way tie into the movie/TV franchises as these are [questionably] perceived as the cash cows.

This is why a Justice League variation of the future (JL3K) is being hawked so loudly while the Legion is not, which is ironic considering that JL3K is one of the worst selling titles at DC - third from the bottom and falling, as I'm told.

In fact, the only hope that the Legion has is if the recently hinted at Legion move were to happen, which was discussed here, there and everywhere after DC Entertainment noticed how much money Marvel made with the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' film.
Some of the basic Legion concepts must scare them silly.

It's an optimistic future
People have ideals
The heroes are very good at what they do.
The CGI budget for cosmic Legion stories may be huge

and so on...

I forgot to say regarding EGOS, but that first arc is essentially a different team fighting a slightly different Sun Eater, so they really were trying to plug into the Legion with it.

Gosh, is JL3000 going that poorly now? It's been a while since I cared enough to look at DC's sales figures. I've very little sympathy for it really.
JL3000 may be towards the bottom, but it's still selling 19,000+. Nowhere near Legion's sales figures when it was cancelled.

http://icv2.com/articles/markets/30159.html
Originally Posted by Georgehaze
Originally Posted by thothkins
A new Legion could be some JLA3000 affair just as easily....

Maybe.

But DCnU seems to have gone out of their way of late to distance themselves from anything that doesn't in some way tie into the movie/TV franchises as these are [questionably] perceived as the cash cows.

This is why a Justice League variation of the future (JL3K) is being hawked so loudly while the Legion is not, which is ironic considering that JL3K is one of the worst selling titles at DC - third from the bottom and falling, as I'm told.

In fact, the only hope that the Legion has is if the recently hinted at Legion move were to happen, which was discussed here, there and everywhere after DC Entertainment noticed how much money Marvel made with the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' film.

Yeah, I remember a time when DC was innovative and had tried and trued concepts the House of Ideas copied. It makes the DC management a laughingstock of the industry that The Guardians of the Galaxy, which started out as a poor man's Legion and even The Imperial Guard which is an outright clone of the Legion are more popular than a concept they came up with.
Over on Bleeding Cool they are trying to get a list of artists that Chip Kidd's painting over for his "variant" covers to hopefully get them credit. Legion looks like Giffen, but can anyone confirm?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01...ce-variant-covers-anyway/attachment/312/
Originally Posted by Dave Hackett
Over on Bleeding Cool they are trying to get a list of artists that Chip Kidd's painting over for his "variant" covers to hopefully get them credit. Legion looks like Giffen, but can anyone confirm?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01...ce-variant-covers-anyway/attachment/312/

Ernie Colon from the looks of it. I'll confirm when I get home.

(Possibly from LEGIONNAIRES 3)
Covering Convergence: Stuart Moore talks Superboy and the Legion
If anyone wants to read the interview:

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/25/covering-convergence-stuart-moore-talks-superboy-and-the-legion-/
Thanks for sharing!
*hic!*

Attached picture Convergence-Superboy-and-the-Legion-of-Super-Heroes (1).jpg
Originally Posted by Anita Cocktail
*hic!*

Jeepers! Good to see Jacques really learning to master his power! Making his facial features invisible like that sure is a neat trick!
© Legion World