Legion World
Posted By: ajohns2012 Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 02/17/15 11:54 PM
"Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes" is the obvious get for the April and May Convergence event, but today's solicit info for May shows pretty major Legion involvement with the "Blue Beetle" and "Booster Gold" Convergence titles. Full solicits at:

http://www.newsarama.com/23554-dc-comics-full-may-2015-solicitations.html
I like both groups a lot, though they are entirely different in their perspectives on life. I hope the version of the Legion they are using isn't 25 members (or more), as Earth-4 doesn't have a lot of heroes. One may argue that Captain Atom is all-powerful, but a roster with Element Lad and Wildfire might be able to handle him.
That's a lot of Legion exposure during Convergence for a title that didn't make the cut to get its own series in June. I wonder if they're testing the waters to see how these Legion oriented issues sell.
I'm glad they picked different versions of the Legion to feature.
Of course, the cynic in me worries that having them be the stand-in punching bags in those other titles isn't the best "exposure" for the Legion.
Posted By: Georgehaze Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 02/23/15 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Hackett
Of course, the cynic in me worries that having them be the stand-in punching bags in those other titles isn't the best "exposure" for the Legion.

Agreed. And, for the record, my inner cynic is much, much bigger than your inner cynic. Ask anyone.

I echo your concern in that the Legion could easily find itself becoming the proverbial "cavalry coming over the hill at the last minute to save the day".

They're convenient for storytelling purposes, clearly, but no one gives the cavalry its own book.
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 02/23/15 08:10 PM
I think Dave Hackett's concern is that they'll be more cannon fodder than cavalry. (which is also my concern)
Posted By: Reboot Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 02/27/15 01:33 AM
Okay, that's SW6 Live Wire and Ferro on the Blue Beetle #2 cover, but XS is with the group, along with use of the postboot Leviathan costume?
1980's Legion Headquarters is shown in Convergence #0. No legionnaires.
Posted By: Georgehaze Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 04/03/15 03:51 PM
Interesting update....

I'm not sure what it means but in issue 0 of Convergence, there is a section in the back that lists (and defines) who the major participants are with regards to time periods, continuities, and so forth.

Both the pre-Crisis Legion and the reboot Legion have separate listings (sorry, no mention of the threeboot) so its possible that we may end up seeing at least two versions of the Legion, at least as far as the main Convergence title - the "Superboy and the Legion" miniseries is clearly the pre-Crisis version.
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 04/03/15 09:30 PM
http://comicbook.com/2015/04/03/exclusive-dc-comics-preview-convergence-justice-league-1/#Image7

Supergirl brings Jesse Quick to the hospital when Jesse goes into labor, just as the dome comes down.
Originally Posted by Georgehaze
Interesting update....

I'm not sure what it means but in issue 0 of Convergence, there is a section in the back that lists (and defines) who the major participants are with regards to time periods, continuities, and so forth.

Both the pre-Crisis Legion and the reboot Legion have separate listings (sorry, no mention of the threeboot) so its possible that we may end up seeing at least two versions of the Legion, at least as far as the main Convergence title - the "Superboy and the Legion" miniseries is clearly the pre-Crisis version.

As well as Convergence: S & LSH, The pre-crisis Legion also show up in Convergence: Booster Gold #2.

The Legionnaires cover shown in Convergence #0 is not the reboots. That is the SW6 Legionnaires. However the reboot team is shown on the cover of Convergence: Blue Beetle #2. Whether DC just don't know their Legion versions remains to be seen. What's the betting Computo (Danielle) and XS both show up?

Of course we have seen retroboot, reboot and SW6 legionnaires all turn up in JLU recently, so perhaps this is part of some DC plan to merge all the teams by stealth.

Posted By: Georgehaze Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 04/09/15 03:39 PM
For those who are still on the fence about the Convergence miniseries, of the titles released yesterday (April 8th), most of them had only so-so interior art (great covers, though) so maybe the Legion's anticipated art won't be such a hard pill to swallow.

As for storyline, apparently the plot of each of the miniseries is to pit one continuity against another, the winner of which will move up a step and be re-matched, so on and so forth, until only one continuity remains.

OK, I get how that might make sense if your plan is to limit too many conflicting continuities, as they did with the original Crisis on Infinite Earths, but there aren't that many conflicting future continuities.

The Legion version of the 31st century (three of them), versus the "Atomic Knights" versus Justice League 3001 versus DC 1,000,000 .... Round two might be more problematic but, clearly,
(any) Legion against the Atomic Knights is a no-brainer, not unlike pitting the Incredible Hulk against Papa Smurf.

The one thing that worries me is that this fight might be 'fixed'. We've all noticed that DC is giving their pal Giffen what amounts to a free ride with his JL3001 title. As such, regardless of how things turn out, the contest may already be rigged in JL3001's favor.

I still remember when DC allowed the fans to pick the direction of Jason Todd/Robin's life or death... Those were the days!
Posted By: Silver Age Lad Legion in Convergence: Booster Gold - 04/29/15 05:48 PM
In case anyone missed it the Legion from Convergence:Superboy & the Legion are in this week's Convergence:Booster Gold #1 and next month's #2.
It's a shame that the Convergence Booster Gold art (only 2 pages with the legionnaries) is 10 times better that Superboy and The Legion Of Super-heroes.
Unfortunately the Legion is written with a serious case of the "Guest Star Stupids" rushing in to attack Booster and company on sight, thinking they are enemies (Jacques of all people charges in first).

Add to that, they inexplicably have their powers when this is clearly set before the dome comes down.
I believe it's established in another of the books (Blue Beetle, I think?) that the character's powers are mysteriously restored whenever Booster enters one of the domes, so I don't think that's necessarily a problem.
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 05/05/15 08:24 PM
Just a head's up but the Time Trapper is one of the characters Brainiac has captured in Convergence because of his ability to manipulate time.
Yes, I think they are going to try to narrow it down to one version. It's kind of like creating a gestalt out of Transformers. They need something concrete to make a movie out of, since Warner seems interested in dueling Guardians of the Galaxy.
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 05/14/15 08:15 AM
Hey! Guess who had a guest appearance in Supergirl Matrix #2? Matter-Eater Lad! With a mention of Arm-Fall-Off Boy.
DC screw up again. Here's the preview of Convergence:Blue Beetle #2 here.

The Legionnaires shown are a mash-up of the reboots and the Glorithverse New Earth Legionnaires. So XS and Dannielle, Catspaw and Ferro.

I can't make up my mind whether DC are really just rubbish and don't know their Legion eras or whether this is a deliberate attempt to merge the Legions following on from JLU.
Posted By: Sue Pergirl Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 05/26/15 01:54 PM
The art hurts my eyes. Did they have somebody's ten-year-old do the panels?

"Diplomacy is better than slaughter" -- I'd forgotten that's the Legion motto.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 05/26/15 06:37 PM
Why is Timberwolf wanting to eviscerate anyone? Pathetic attempt to make him more wolverine like in a team that wouldn't stand for it?
Is that preboot Element Lad thrown in there as well?
Man, that is a bit of a one-sided fight. Why isn't Judo Master and Nightshade on the Charlton side? I have a feeling the writer is going for the underdog story, but he could have made the numbers a little more even.

My predictions: Captain Atom could stall most of the team which gives time for The Blue Beetle to get his gear and ship. The Question takes a page out of his JLU version and hacks the Legion flight rings and whatever equipment Brainiac 5 have brought. Captain Atom gets stalemated by Element Lad/other heavy hitters and is almost defeated when Blue Beetle reappears with his gear and ship. The Question might make a surprise re-appearance for the last scene, maybe taking someone out with an inanimate object while singing or making a clever quip.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 05/27/15 12:04 AM
Brin: >snikt< I'm the best there is at what I do.
Ted: So is this guy. I'd like you to meet Marvel's lawyer.

The Legion spend the rest of the issue in court. A win for Charlton!

Any idea who this is supposed to be?

Attached picture UnknownLegionnaire.JPG
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 05/27/15 12:29 AM
I thought it was Magno Lad for that picture smile but it's a female character. I'm wondering if it's supposed to be Andromeda but with the wrong colouring.
Hmm... you're probably right. Laurel's coloring is a bit weird in the previous panel as well!

Attached picture Andromeda.JPG
Though she appears to get a haircut between panels as well...
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 05/27/15 12:41 AM
Reminds me a little of Swamp Thing #50, the climax to the American Gothic arc, where, amid the pandemonium, Steve Dayton's beard comes and goes. lol
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 05/27/15 12:41 AM
Coiffeur Kid - the hidden Legionnaire of Convergence.
Maybe they finally let Barber Boy in during the One Year Gap!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 05/27/15 12:45 AM
Or Barbershop Quartet Boy, the Carggian misfit who multiplies into four instead of three!
The Legionnaires in Convergence Blue Beetle 2...

SW6

Cosmic Boy
Saturn Girl
Brainiac 5
AndrĂ³meda
Ultra Boy
Apparition
Kid Quantum
Matter Eater Lad
Catspaw
Dragonmage
Computo
Leviathan (Named here Colossal Boy)
Invisible Kid
Chameleon (The adult version)
Inferno
Star Boy
Ferro Lad

Reboot Legion

Sensor (Named here Princess Projectra)
XS
Karate Kid
Timber Wolf

and...

Element Lad (with the precrisis costume)
and a unknow afroamerican boy in black and grey (Tyroc?)

What a cocktail!
The DC writers don't have the right team formation.
Why they don't call the fans for this work?
Originally Posted by Fanfic Lady
Or Barbershop Quartet Boy, the Carggian misfit who multiplies into four instead of three!

and has a delightful singing voice to boot!
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Legion in Other "Convergence" Titles - 05/30/15 03:04 AM
Yes, his sense of harmony is unparalleled.
© Legion World