Legion World
I'd like to think that in some continuity, Jimmy is like an older brother to Devlin and they have lots of great adventures finding groovy stories for the Legion's newsletter!
On many occasions though, Jimmy seemed to be the less mature of the two.
I demand a photoshop cover of the two!
Since you're demanding, why don't you demand a space elephant in it, and see how far that gets you...
[Linked Image]

pretty far, actually...

I would envision Devlin having a signal watch that alerts Jimmy through the time stream when he's in trouble, causing Jimmy to have to come all the way to the 31st century to bail him out!
Oh, that's much better than my idea. My idea was that Jimmy would use his Superman signal watch to summon Devlin. But the signals just bounce off Devlin and Jimmy dies in issue 1.

The running gag is that every time Jimmy and Devin beat a villain, they celebrate by doing a chest bump. Forgetting what Devlin's powers...
Originally Posted by thoth lad
[Linked Image]

pretty far, actually...

This is simply glorious! laugh
That space elephant has the same expression as cats when their owners dress them up. I bet he only took this job because he thought he'd get to meet Ultra Boy!
What is it with Ultra Boy anyway? All the long-snouted creatures wanting to meet him?
Ultra sneezing competitions.
Originally Posted by razsolo
That space elephant has the same expression as cats when their owners dress them up. I bet he only took this job because he thought he'd get to meet Ultra Boy!

You don't even want to know how many idiotic jobs I ended up with for that reason, including the one where I did nothing all day long but bend shoes in half. shake
If only Ultra Boy had decided to help you bend those shoes.
Oh my Gosh! Ultra Boy has collapsed! What could be wrong?

He's got the Ultra Bends... too many shoes, poor guy.
I TOLD him to use his invulnerability instead of his super speed.
I like to see a series of these Devlin O'Ryan insertions into LSH history! I'll post 'em to the LW Facebook page if you're game, thoth? Or just the one if you aren't!
We could call the album "WHERE"S DEVLIN?" or something... Well, I think it's cute anyway.
"We space zoologists..." ... lol !
Originally Posted by MLLASH
We could call the album "WHERE"S DEVLIN?" or something... Well, I think it's cute anyway.

Just a five minute throwaway ... like most of the others wink
See your pic in the LW Facebook box!
[Linked Image]

Devlin goes back in time to be with the Legionnaires at Christmas.
He even managed to get Captain America's SHIELD on the way there! Look closely at his neck, he is wearing it as a necklace. He might be a Grinch...
And the ultimate crossover multiverse holiday special collapses, laughing. It all fits. Life is strange.
The interesting thing is that Devlin's appearance (he'd get stuck in that time as Bauble Boy for three more Legion holiday specials) isn't even the only cross over in that panel.

On the right, Year Allon is, if not under cover, then certainly under foliage.

[Linked Image]

On the right above is her later, similar, transformation in order to investigate Earth Man. But what is her mission here? Is she investigating one of the Legionnaires?

Eagle eyed readers may spot that the sun has turned green in the above panel. It's yet another lost Legion tale, where the Legion think that a Kryptonite Cloud has covered the sun. Later they find out it's Chlorophyll Kid trapped by a mad time travelling Swamp Thing (appearing as the tree outside the room in the above panel), using The Green to prevent the return of a blood thirsty Animal Man from the Red.

It's Yera who saves the day along with Colour Kid, who shows us that green and red are just colours in the wider spectrum that we all belong to.

It might have been a holiday special, but Levitz and Garcia Lopez didn't shirk from providing Easter eggs for the regular readers.
© Legion World