Legion World
Posted By: Wildwolfkid Legion sales numbers? - 12/28/16 04:44 PM
I recently got in a discussion with a comic book writer about the Legion and I quote him (The Legion was never a hot book for DC except for the short time that Levitz and Giffen were on it) I mentioned that it took over 2 titles from Superboy, had 2 tabloid editions, several digests, survived the DC implosion and was published for almost 30 years before Crisis and almost 200 issues before Levitz and Giffen teamed up on the characters, Am I being biased as he suggests? And is there anywhere I can get the sale figures for the 60's and 70's eras?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Legion sales numbers? - 12/28/16 07:24 PM
I think there may be a thread on this board somewhere with that information, but you are essentially correct. Even when they stopped being published at the end of the Adventure Era, they were still one of DC's better selling titles, and were cut mostly because of Weisinger's impending retirement.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Legion sales numbers? - 12/28/16 07:29 PM
Yups. Popular enough to take over back up strips, then full titles. More than once.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Legion sales numbers? - 12/28/16 08:24 PM
And welcome to posting Wildwolfkid!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Legion sales numbers? - 12/28/16 09:16 PM
Aww... see this thread for tons of info on Legion sales.

Probably most useful for you is the link to Comichron, which has yearly rankings for comic sales.
Posted By: Wildwolfkid Re: Legion sales numbers? - 12/28/16 09:24 PM
Thank You Thoth lad, I had the moniker Lone Wolf Legionnaire on Legionworld previously but my hotmail account was blocking all attempts at recovering my log in information from here, so I created this new I.D. using my wife's email account.
Posted By: Wildwolfkid Re: Legion sales numbers? - 12/28/16 09:25 PM
Thank Eryk!
Posted By: Wildwolfkid Re: Legion sales numbers? - 12/28/16 09:36 PM
This question came about due to Dan DiDio's new Superboy/Legion cover photo on Facebook, wonder what's up with that?
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Legion sales numbers? - 12/28/16 10:42 PM
Wow, that Rouge guy sure did put a lot of work into those sales numbers. Wonder whatever happened to him?
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Legion sales numbers? - 12/29/16 03:31 PM
That looks to be a super resource EDE! I'd not seen the '60s ones before. As part of the Superman stable (down Comet!) the Legion part of a top ten busting group of comics.

Originally Posted by Wildwolfkid
This question came about due to Dan DiDio's new Superboy/Legion cover photo on Facebook, wonder what's up with that?

As long as he's not bloody writing it.

Originally Posted by Wildwolfkid
Thank You Thoth lad, I had the moniker Lone Wolf Legionnaire on Legionworld previously.

Welcome Back!
© Legion World