Legion World
http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-dc-loo...amp;utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES/BUGS BUNNY SPECIAL #1

Written by SAM HUMPHRIES
Art and cover by TOM GRUMMETT and SCOTT HANNA
The Legion of Super Heroes always thought they had taken their inspiration from the 21st Century’s Superboy. But when they try to bring that hero into their future time, the team discovers to their surprise the caped champion isn’t who—or even what—they expected!
On sale JUNE 14 • 48 pg

Attached picture Legion-Bugs.jpg
O.o
At this rate, the actual Legion ongoing isn't going to hit the shelves until the 31st Century.

More to the point, I'd love it if the Dominators would be outsmarted by Marvin the Martian.
Oh, who couldn't outsmart them!

All ears, no cattle, as Yosemite Sam used to say.
Cleome, LOL lol

It'd also be funny to see the Dominators complain about being sassed by that "RRRRRASCALLY RRRRRRABBIT."
In the backup, er... tale, Sylvester and Catspaw have a tough time because neither can understand the other's speech patterns.
ROTFLMAO rotflmao

And perhaps the question I asked in these forums will finally get answered: Does Catspaw use a toilet or a litter box?
This series looks sorta funny, but a lot of what we've seen of the Legion in the past year has been playing them for a joke - the Sugar & Spike appearance, the knock-offs in Harley Quinn and JL3001. More recent Rebirth panels with Saturn Girl and Brainiac 5 suggested a more serious take, but now we're back to Legion cliché of applicant rejection/silly powers.
Originally Posted by Fanfic Lady
More to the point, I'd love it if the Dominators would be outsmarted by Marvin the Martian.

laugh Marvin is actually a part of this event... He and J'onn are getting a one-shot. The whole event looks "looney toons" fun, with a lot of great talent! The Elmer Fudd/Batman issue might be the sleeper hit... grin

Attached picture martian-manhunter-marvin.jpeg
Bah! The LMB did it first! wink

Originally Posted by Fat Cramer
This series looks sorta funny, but a lot of what we've seen of the Legion in the past year has been playing them for a joke - the Sugar & Spike appearance, the knock-offs in Harley Quinn and JL3001. More recent Rebirth panels with Saturn Girl and Brainiac 5 suggested a more serious take, but now we're back to Legion clich� of applicant rejection/silly powers.

You're absolutely right ...

... but come on, how cool is that smile My daughter's gonna love that one, probably as much as the Subs meet Ambush Bug story smile
There's an interview with the writer (Sam Humphries) here.

Among other things, he says "It is the “Convergence” Legion, which is patterned after my favorite era of the Legion, which is the ’70s, Bronze Age, Mike Grell, Dave Cockrum run of the Legion", and also "It truly is a Legion of Super-Heroes story guest starring Bugs Bunny, and not the other way around." It's not in continuity.

Variant cover attached. [The variants generally seem better than the main covers. Mostly for embracing rather than playing down the LT style]

Description: LSH/Bugs Variant cover
Attached picture LSHBugsVar.jpg
I prefer the variant cover. It's the Bugs Bunny I know and love, not the "grim an gritty version" from the regular cover.
Originally Posted by Reboot
Variant cover attached. [The variants generally seem better than the main covers. Mostly for embracing rather than playing down the LT style]

Lol this one is great.
Originally Posted by Malvolio
I prefer the variant cover. It's the Bugs Bunny I know and love, not the "grim an gritty version" from the regular cover.

If only "Grim & Gritty" was something you could, er, bug-spray for.
So seeing the preview for the Looney Tunes crossover and I think the whole thing's just gonna make fun of the Legion.
Originally Posted by Sarcasm Kid
So seeing the preview for the Looney Tunes crossover and I think the whole thing's just gonna make fun of the Legion.

I'm not sure what you'd expect from such a venture? I doubt the Batman/Fudd crossover will be a hard-hitting serious affair either. wink
Yeah, guys, I apologize. I talked with Rhino about this and honestly I think the stress from the last couple of days got me thinking with my head up my ass.
My honest, first second, reaction when I saw it previewed wasn't all that different Sarky. "Bah!* They're making the Legion a laughing stock to demoralise it's strong fan base!" It was only then I saw the other titles involved too. I swear it was just a second! But I could have posted that first reaction.

So, although there's a little cynic in me that says that wouldn't it be nice to have a proper Legion story again, at least the Legion isn't being ignored. I'll be taking a look at Bats '66, for example. It's camp, it's silly but what a creative team. So it's should be cool beans.

*give 2 bucks a month to help thoth lad overcome his internal monologue having comic book dialogue in it.
You know, probably helps to link to the preview doc* tongue

http://nerdist.com/super-wabbit-ret...roesbug-bunny-special-exclusive-preview/

*"Doc" is a nickname** frequently used by Bugs Bunny with those he encounters
**No, this doesn't mean you're a doctor***, at all
***Not even "Doctor" like the various superhero "doctors" who have never got near a PhD****
****Stop asking about it already!

* free form asterisk interpretation
It was silly fun, but probably not for everyone. The villain uses the Legion's major weakness against them.... Angst! Also, it has the Bugs Bunny/Validus fight you demanded!

EDIT: Ultra-Boy and Timber Wolf get the major share of the lambasting, followed by a pretty vacant Lightning Lass, so if those three are your favs, you'll need an extra helping of sense of humour.
I'm happy to see Jo and Brin get some lambasting. For a change wink

And seeing the Legion all angst-y is good.

Interesting though, from the preview I would have expected Brainiac 5 to get poked fun of a lot.
*Gasp*! Brainiac Five's tendency to create lovebots nearly proves the Legion's undoing!

I enjoyed it quite a bit, especially as a parody of some of the overblown angsty-ness of many of the 70s Legion stories. Overall, I didn't quite dig it as much as Batman 66, though.
In my bag... awaiting home time.
Anyone else find it strange that the backup story is a retelling of the main story in a slightly different style?
Anyone else find it strange that the backup story is a retelling of the main story in a slightly different style?

It was strange. Has anyone checked out the other Looney Tunes books? I wonder if they have the same type back-ups?
Originally Posted by Dave Hackett

It was strange. Has anyone checked out the other Looney Tunes books? I wonder if they have the same type back-ups?

The only other one I've read so far is the J'onn/M'arvinn one, and that backup is completely different.
You know what? I love the Legion. I love Bugs Bunny. So why shouldn't I love a Legion/Bugs team-up? So many of us have been complaining about the lack of fun in DC Comics, but now when we finally get some fun books, we have to be upset that they're not doing it the "right" way?

I'm liking this. I wouldn't want it every month, but I will support fun books, so that we can have more fun books in the future.
It was the inside jokes that made me smile more than the comedy, and I thought it would be the other way around. The second feature (oddly like the first) has more of the slapstick I was expecting. Nice to see different emphases on the same story. I couldn't put it better than Malvolio's last line... so...
There's a lot to laugh about in Legion stories, at least the early ones, and this captured a lot of the clichés that we celebrate. One twist was to have Timber Wolf, rather than Matter-Eater Lad or Bouncing Boy, to be the one always thinking about food.
Okay, my daughter of 8 loved it, my little son of 4 loved it, so mission accomplished! I really like it that they are doing some stuff that is more appealing to the kids these days. Many of the books out there (and many of those I buy) are way to gruesome for the children to even look at, others are to difficult to understand (or explain). So I absolutely support events like this one cause it makes it easier to endear the world of comics to the next generation!

(by the way, the enthusiams my daughter had for the Legion got less when we reached the "Bronze Age", the Action and Superboy run. Stories got too complicated and convoluted for her. The Silver Age books worked far better for her age...)
I love it. Hilarious and a ton of fun. Timberwolf was especially hilarious, but overall, it was a zany story. I could actually see this being published in the 60's and counting as canon, as its basically like a lot of Jimmy Olsen stories.

I also don't know why the back-up was a replica of the first story with different art. It did have a scene that made me laugh out loud, which was when Bugs lands on the Miracle Machine and wishes for carrots. Simple and struck a nerve with the 5 year old in me.

Haven't gotten to Batman 66 / LSH yet, but I can't wait. Who would have thought that between those, the Bug series and other Looney Tunes & Hanna Barbara stuff there would be so much good humor and parody?
Did anyone get all the crossovers? I'm thinking of getting the trade that collects all six crossovers (reviews but no spoilers).

I'm a big fan of Looney Tunes, so even if I'm not such a big fan of the other characters, this still sounds like a good one to pick up!
I got them all and was happy with the lot of them. The Batman-Elmer Fudd was brilliant, so well done with multiple Looney Tunes characters. The others were amusing. Nice Barry Kitson art for Wonder Woman.
Just read the Bugs Bunny/Legion issue! was laughing out lou

the old switcheroo with Jo - Yes I am! No you’re not! No i’m not! Yes you are and you’re leaving right now

the thought bubbles and fake angst were hilarious! “is he a telepath? he made us change our minds! I never learned to read Interlac, nobody can ever know!”

the Legion almost being defeated by angst!

and the comic perfectly captured some of Bugs’ best routines! (Yipe!)
© Legion World