Legion World
Posted By: discovery69 35 Legion Members - who is missing - 09/06/19 06:43 PM
In the "The Road to Legion" section in the back of recent comics Bendis says "I'm so excited that I get to do this. What I thought it was going to be. It's like this giant tapestry - 35 lead characters, each with their own power set and storyline....

Looking at the "Who Are They" section of the team photo there is only 32 in the photo (i.e. counting Invisible Kid):

[Linked Image]

Row 1 - L to R (08) - Cosmic Boy, Element Lad, Invisible Kid, Light Lass, Ultra Boy, Wildfire, Matter-Eater Lad, Timber Wolf
Row 2 - L to R (05) - Star Boy, Brainiac 5, Lightning Lad, Triplicate Girl, Dawnstar
Row 3 - L to R (06) - Dream Girl, Mon-el, Saturn Girl, Shrinking Violet, Superboy, Phantom Girl
Row 4 - L to R (04) - Shadow Lass, Gold Lantern, Bouncing Boy, Karate Kid
Row 5 - L to R (06) - Chemical King, Dr. Fate, Sun Boy, White Witch, Princess Projectra, Chameleon Boy
Row 6 - L to R (03) - Blok, Colossal Boy, Monster Boy

So who is missing or who do you want to see?

Attached picture Bendis-Legion-of-Super-Heroes.jpg
I suspect the "35" is counting Triplicate Girl as three characters and Rose and Thorn.
Counting Rose and Thorn makes sense. Wonder how she fits into this...
Posted By: discovery69 Re: 35 Legion Members - who is missing - 09/06/19 08:51 PM
I'm not sure if "Rose and Thorn" will become a legionnaire, but would like to see 3 from past 5 missing legionnaires or 5 potential legionnaires from their ancestors.

1) XS - 31st century speedster
2) Harmonia Li - elemental
3) Ferro Lad - mentally transform his body into nearly invulnerable isotope of iron
4) Gear - generate gadgets from their techno-organic bodies and would like him updated with Cyborg's mother box teleportation and interface / control computers
5) Kinetix - telekinetic ability magic-based - manipulate and re-shape solid matter with her thoughts

31st centery kids from the following ancestors
1) Martian Manhunter
2) Engineer (Stormwatch) - nanotechnology
3) Jenny Q (Stormwatch) - manipulate the laws of quantum dynamics
4) Captain Comet - metahuman born with powers 100,000 years before his time
5) Captain Atom - a superhero fueled by the Quantum Field
Originally Posted by discovery69
I'm not sure if "Rose and Thorn" will become a legionnaire, but would like to see 3 from past 5 missing legionnaires or 5 potential legionnaires from their ancestors.

1) XS - 31st century speedster
2) Gear - generate gadgets from their techno-organic bodies and would like him updated with Cyborg's mother box teleportation and interface / control computers
5) Kinetix - telekinetic ability magic-based - manipulate and re-shape solid matter with her thoughts

These 3 get my vote.

I mean, Gear would rock in the higher-tech world of the 30th century!

And Kinetix... love

Oh, but I want Gates too! Though Gear can teleport... but Gates is just so awesome! Snarky one-liners everywhere!
The genius Bendis pass of all the dark skined previous legionnaires....

1 - Ferro (The original idea)
2 - Tyroc
3 - Invisible Kid II
4 - Computo
5 - Catspaw
6 - XS
7 - Kid Quamtun
8 - Gear

And the others colours....

1 - Kono
2 - Veilmist
3 - Lamprey
4 - Nigtwind
5 - Crystal Kid
6 - Neon

And the aliens too...

1 - Tellus
2 - Quislet
3 - Gates
4 - Montress

He changes the color skin of the classic ones, only to have free press with the controversy. Is the raw reality.
Posted By: Catonyx Re: 35 Legion Members - who is missing - 09/07/19 11:40 AM
There should be one version of Invisible Kid in this Legion. I'm sure they are waiting for him/her to make a dramatic appearance, literally, at some point early on in the introduction story.

Maybe they will have him/her suffer from agoraphobia and this will cause him/her to remain "cloaked" throughout most of the series? That would be cool! And different.
Reminds me of the Atom Girl (Violet) introduction in the Threeboot. She was off on a mission for Brainic 5 in his microverse, and so many newer Legionnaires had never met her. The older Legionnaires pranked the newer ones by pretending she was an urban legend. She finally appeared about a year into the series.
Posted By: Harbinger Re: 35 Legion Members - who is missing - 09/07/19 03:27 PM
Kid Quantum ii, Tyroc and Gates would be my pick, though Gear and Glorith would be nice as well.
Posted By: stile86 Re: 35 Legion Members - who is missing - 09/07/19 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Catonyx
There should be one version of Invisible Kid in this Legion. I'm sure they are waiting for him/her to make a dramatic appearance, literally, at some point early on in the introduction story.

Maybe they will have him/her suffer from agoraphobia and this will cause him/her to remain "cloaked" throughout most of the series? That would be cool! And different.

On Twitter someone asked if Invisible Kid was missing or invisible in Superman #14. Bendis replied that Invisible Kid was in every single panel of every single book, which sounds rather like a joke response so we will have to wait and see.
Posted By: Catonyx Re: 35 Legion Members - who is missing - 09/08/19 12:40 PM
Yes I saw that as well. That's what got me thinking that it would be a cool sub plot for this new book. Hopefully the new Invisible Kid will be a female. Why not, right?
Wait, the guy who looks like Vartox is supposed to be Matter-Eater Lad? Is that just a guess based on the color scheme of his armor, or has that been confirmed?

Also, the character identified as Chemical King? In the splash panel just before the end of LSH 1, this character appears to be female.
Matter-Eater Lad was confirmed early on.

"Chemical King" has been confirmed as a new character, though.
From Sook's design sheets:

Attached picture SookMEL.jpg
Well, I suppose Vartox could have descendants on Bismoll by the 31st century.
© Legion World