Legion World
Bendis promises the return of the Legion of Super-Heroes and possible Infinite Frontier connection:

https://www.comicsbeat.com/bendis-l...TLJmCm8tpXExtKHyOZRb190iMeFQ4X7SvH4DdQ-I

Let the debate begin!
My current position is that I'm paying no attention to yet another in a decades long line of endless teases for poor quality Events. I'll wait until there's a preview for one of those monthly Legion book things that DC seemed capable of publishing once upon a time.
I am not interested in another big bloated crossover that won't have a satisfying ending, just a lead-in to the next big bloated crossover. Call me when there's a regular Legion book that has stories that have a beginning, middle and end.
I agree with thothy and Malvolio
"The Gold Lantern Saga" is a 6-issue saga after the Justice League Annual (plus more Legion news shortly).
Could it >gasp< include details of his origin?!

Readers have been waiting, if not in wild anticipation then in mild indifference, for what seems like ages.

The Gold Lantern pages formed one of the stronger subplots in the Legion book. That's not to say it was outstanding, although it wss fine. But it would now seem to have had a bit more strength to it, because Bendis was vested in it. It would have been preferable if one of the numerous members of the Legion had got that attention.

I imagine, as DC don't stray far from key franchises that having a Lantern on the cover will sell a few extra copies. Perhaps the Legion will make enough of an appearance in it, to pick up support for their next book.
The more colors the better. After Gold Lantern, expect Silver Lantern, bronze Lantern and Platinum lantern
Issue 6 has Plaid Lantern vs Tartan Lantern. The prize is to appear in the 52 issue Countdown to infinite Lanterns, leading into the All That Glitters is not Gold Lantern
Special that might contain a hint on the origin of the character.
This better all be building up to a Colorless Kate appearance.
It's happening. I hate everything.

https://www.gamesradar.com/justice-league-vs-legion-of-super-heroes/
I'm just glad it's Sook's Legion and not Rossmo's.

click to enlarge

Attached picture btEDJL3axnWgzeq7LaKoLb.jpg
And of course, we get Gold Lantern front and center! A hint to a possible origin story, which will blow all our minds... just wait until we see that one panel! You'll know it when you see it!

(on the serious side, if they actually explore Gold Lantern's origin and highlight his supposed Filipino-ness... I might give this a chance. I still have SOME optimism left!)
I've decided that God really does hate me.
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
And of course, we get Gold Lantern front and center! A hint to a possible origin story, which will blow all our minds... just wait until we see that one panel! You'll know it when you see it!

(on the serious side, if they actually explore Gold Lantern's origin and highlight his supposed Filipino-ness... I might give this a chance. I still have SOME optimism left!)

Isn't this only a lead in to the epic Gold Lantern Saga?
Never too early to piggyback your own creations on the back of successful properties.
So *this* is what, according to Bendis, needed all this time to get right?

Wake me up when the Retro-Retroboot is announced. DreamGirl
Well, the result ultimately will be in the story. I'm still gonna buy the thing.

But past performance is a typical indicator of future results. So my hopes are not up.

What I'd like to see is to have Bendis get whatever he needs to out of his system then hand it over to someone else.
I'm still just glad to get some Legion and to see it have more prominence. Yes if it isn't a good story it won't help but it's better than it fading in to obscurity.
Yes ultimately, I think this is where I'm landing.
All I'm hoping for is an interesting story with a beginning, middle and end. Is that too much to ask?
Originally Posted by Malvolio
All I'm hoping for is an interesting story with a beginning, middle and end. Is that too much to ask?

Are you sure DC can't tempt you with their scattered lead in, navel gazing middle, teaser for next Event approach?
Can I add "coherent" as a requirement to "interesting"?

I just hope all the clickbait-y teasing done to promote this actually leads to a good story pays off. I really, really hope so.

and I also hope that the wonderful, awesome, amazing, mind-blowing Gold Lantern will not be forced down our throats, at the expense of the rest of the Legion. Though to be fair, Gold Lantern did not receive a disproportionate amount of focus before (and was absent during Future State), so perhaps my gut reaction (Gold Lantern is in the center of the cover wjjkjasdkdkjskhfsak) will prove unfounded
In the DC Connect catalog, besides the cover, on the page's top left corner, there is "THE GOLD LANTERN SAGA, PART ONE!"

And the sollicitation under the cover:
One thousand years in the future, a Legion of Super-Heroes comes together to dedicate their lives to recapturing the great age of heroes of the 21st century. When the heroes discover that reality is falling to a great darkness in both times simultaneously, the Justice League and the Legion of Super-Heroes must team up to stop it all. But what is the connection between the secrets of the new Gold Lanterns and the coming of the Great Darkness? A monumental DC epic event miniseries!
Gold Lanterns plural. I notice Bendis' Naiomi on the cover wearing gold, and a qick check tells me she's now in the League...

Alternately, If we have Gold Lanterns, will the reveal be that they are powered by the sentience of the Metal Men, when Tin and Platinum Lanterns start appearing.
Well, I think it will be a VERY Gold Lantern focused saga given the number of Gold Lantern logos the assembled characters are busting through on that drawing...
Eh...

I really hope there's some unique hook to the Gold Lanterns, besides being just Green Lanterns who happen to be gold...
Gosh, maybe all the Legionnaires will become Gold Lanterns. Being more directly connected to such an awesome origin will surely help to boost sales. Although the book would be Tales of the Gold Lantern Corps...
Originally Posted by thoth lad

Are you sure DC can't tempt you with their scattered lead in, navel gazing middle, teaser for next Event approach?

Oh, hell no. I am so tired of the Big Bloated Crossover that promises a satisfying ending, but just leads into the next Big Bloated Crossover. I am also afraid we're seeing Bendis becoming a caricature of himself. I hope I'm wrong. I saw it happen with Frank Miller. I saw it happen with John Byrne. I don't want to see it happen with Brian Michael Bendis.
I don't mean to be rude, but does everyone in that cover art have to frown and squint like they haven't had a satisfying trip to the bathroom even once this century?

Oh, hell no. I am so tired of the Big Bloated Crossover that promises a satisfying ending, but just leads into the next Big Bloated Crossover. I am also afraid we're seeing Bendis becoming a caricature of himself. I hope I'm wrong. I saw it happen with Frank Miller. I saw it happen with John Byrne. I don't want to see it happen with Brian Michael Bendis.

Cue a 9 panel page with 9 talking heads, each continuing the same sentence...

Actually
I
Think
It
Might
Already
Be
Too
Late
Nailed it.
From Bendis' newsletter -

JL/LOS

First of all, after the soft announcement of JUSTICE LEAGUE/LEGION OF SUPERHEROES in the solicitation for the JUSTICE LEAGUE ANNUAL coming soon?

[Linked Image]

we have the official announcement of JUSTICE LEAGUE VERSUS LEGION OF SUPERHEROES by myself and my frequent AMAZING DC collaborator Scott Godlewski.

[Linked Image]

Scott and I have done Young Justice and Justice league together and I have enjoyed every single page we've made. He was my number one choice for this very special project.

[Linked Image]

For those of you who haven't read our Legion relaunch yet go check it out. it's one of the most visually beautiful books I have ever had my name on. RYAN SOOK!

[Linked Image]

It also soft teases up this very reader friendly new DC storyline inside JL/LOS called: THE GOLD LANTERN SAGA.

We introduced the Gold lantern in our last Legion of superheroes run and, delightfully, his first appearance in the book sold out and went to multiple printings.

And now we're gonna turn over all our cards on the gold lantern mysteries. Some of you have already asked how this new miniseries will reflect all of the many changes going on in the DC universe right now. it will reflect all of them. Yes, all of them.

(And this isn't even close to the coolest Legion news I?m sitting on. Stay tuned.)

Attached picture https _bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_c2ab5b68-20b6-4e8e-af55-f1ee539ce3c9_580x880.jpg
Attached picture https _bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_d4150a2d-c00d-476a-b354-29c321f31cf9_1643x2560.jpg
Attached picture https _bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_fdf64a4f-ff40-4f2d-960b-59e4bb60a640_790x1200.jpg
Attached picture https _bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_3a1e5462-89dd-4ba5-a764-dae4b747ac9b_790x1199.jpg
Whew! I'm so glad it's going to reflect all of the changes going on in the DCU right now. I was worried an actual story might get in the way of them all being examined before they changed in 10 minutes.
Whew! I'm so glad it's going to reflect all of the changes going on in the DCU right now. I was worried an actual story might get in the way of them all being examined before they changed in 10 minutes.

ROTFLMAO lol
That Word Balloon interview with Bendis was chock full of interesting conversation and discussion of his new projects, but very little about the Legion in 3 hours +. He did say getting an artist to draw Legion was like throwing somebody into the deep end of the pool and also mentioned the JLA/LoS upcoming.
I also saw somewhere - maybe Twitter - that Bendis had to specifically explain that the JL Annual that is the lead in will NOT have any Legionnaires in it, despite the LSH being used to market the book.
Originally Posted by Bendis via Twitter
Yes. But I want to be honest and clear the Legion does not appear in the gorgeous @sanfordgreene illustrated Justice league annual. There are a lot of reasons to buy the annual And it does set up the JL/LOS storyline but for Legion completist's they don't appear
At least Bendis clarified it. I wonder how much of the blame lies with DC?s marketing team
© Legion World