Legion World
Posted By: Semi Transparent Fellow Our Pets - 09/08/05 05:17 PM
This is the place to talk about your pets. Pictures, anecdotes, rude things they've done.
Posted By: Loser Lad Re: Our Pets - 09/08/05 05:38 PM
The bane of my existence, my sister's cat Angel. I couldn't think of a less appropriate name for the little 5 pound engine of destruction if I tried...

click to enlarge click to enlarge
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Our Pets - 09/08/05 05:50 PM
Well my Dad's dog (Tasha) before the present one was very quiet and would not bark except when she wanted to be let in. Then it was just one bark and she would wait. If you didn't come after 3-5 minutes, she'd let loose with one more bark.

My dad also would cover the carrots he grew with leaves in the fall and have then during the winter. Tasha developed a liking for carrots and would go down to the garden and dig up one a two each day for herself.
Posted By: Semi Transparent Fellow Re: Our Pets - 09/08/05 07:07 PM
My 8 month old collie, Duncan, is in two dog shows this weekend. I took him to show dog class last Tuesday evening. He was so bad that we almost got expelled.

My 10 year old collie, Garbo, is on a diet. She ballooned to 76 pounds because I over-indulged her with treats and stuff. She should weigh between 60 and 65. So far she's lost 3 pounds after being on the diet for 2.5 weeks. Poor thing - but being fat makes it hard for her to get up the stairs.
Posted By: Vee Re: Our Pets - 09/08/05 07:36 PM
My Connie is a ahandful as well, very independant and stubborn. When she wants to do something there is no stopping her. But then, I think you all know that. Just look at her getting impatient with Cobie, organizing a Super Pets Task Force and leading a military campaign! laugh
Posted By: Emerald Eye Re: Our Pets - 09/08/05 09:19 PM
Mroow!

* MY pet is a bit dense at times. (Maybe he was dropped on his head when he was a stripling?) As much as I've tried to get him to understand exactly who is in charge here, he often seems to forget. Humans! Streaky
Posted By: legionadventureman Re: Our Pets - 09/09/05 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
The bane of my existence, my sister's cat Angel. I couldn't think of a less appropriate name for the little 5 pound engine of destruction if I tried...

click to enlarge click to enlarge
Awww cu-uuuuutttte! Tho i agreed the devil's hat makes the poor puss a veritable scapegoat...
love smile
Posted By: legionadventureman Re: Our Pets - 09/09/05 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Vee:
My Connie is a ahandful as well, very independant and stubborn. When she wants to do something there is no stopping her. But then, I think you all know that. Just look at her getting impatient with Cobie, organizing a Super Pets Task Force and leading a military campaign! laugh
"Your" Connie is a darling, Vee! It was a privilege and a pleasure to look after her in your "absence" smile
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: Our Pets - 09/09/05 05:58 PM
I don't have pictures of him yet, but two weeks ago I adopted a 2 1/2-year-old beagle (beagle and something else, apparently, but he looks like a beagle). I call him Hyfrydol (HIVV-ruh-doll), which is Welsh for "pleasant" or "melodious". It's also a hymn tune--I am a total choir nerd.

And he has already found a place in LMB lore as Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle, sentinel of Rockhopper's Rookery. laugh
Posted By: Semi Transparent Fellow Re: Our Pets - 09/09/05 06:33 PM
Rockhopper, you'll have to introduce your pup to Beagz beagles.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Our Pets - 08/19/06 11:40 PM
Here's Barny:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Our Pets - 08/19/06 11:41 PM
What a little cutie.
Posted By: .. Re: Our Pets - 08/19/06 11:54 PM
such a pretty kitty!!!!
Posted By: mechana Re: Our Pets - 08/20/06 07:32 AM
***girly squeals******

Oh FC he is just adorable!!! Please give him a squeeze for me!

I miss my Leroy so much it still breaks my heart every day, even though it's been six months since I lost her. Shawn and I are talking about adopting some new furry family members in the fall. I think I need them more than they need me!

(Sorry for bringing down this thread:( Please, more cute pictures and anecdotes!)
Posted By: ActorLad Re: Our Pets - 08/20/06 07:34 AM
Awww, little Barny looks adorable.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Our Pets - 11/17/15 12:31 PM
When Pets AND their servants turn EVIL!!

Posted By: thoth lad Re: Our Pets - 11/17/15 03:40 PM
Servant had it coming smile

One of my visitor cats doesn't like getting petted. I've built it up to getting a little head rub and a couple of quick back rubs, before the growlies begin. It even surprised his owners who tell me he doesn't go near anyone else. I didn't tell them of my elaborate roast chicken and salmon feeding system, wearing their cat down.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Our Pets - 11/18/15 04:23 AM
How adorable! Thanks for sharing.

I would share pics of all our dogs but I don't think their human mommy would be pleased.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Our Pets - 11/19/15 05:54 PM
This is Eva, on one of the spots she calls home on a rotational basis. Mistress of all she surveys, except that she's not that keen on checking the outside part of her kingdom.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Our Pets - 11/19/15 05:57 PM
Eva Cat, meet Eva Kant:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Our Pets - 11/19/15 06:00 PM
Kan't she? It doesn't look that way. smile

fah! blonde statuesque goddess is nothing compared to Eva Cat's cuteness. smile
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Our Pets - 11/19/15 06:03 PM
On that, I definitely agree. Eva Cat really is adorable. Thanks for sharing that photo, Thoth.
Posted By: Caliente Re: Our Pets - 03/09/16 10:42 PM
Here's my dog Monkee hanging out in a planter box... the way that you do.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Our Pets - 03/10/16 02:49 PM
Awwww...very cute Cali!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Our Pets - 03/10/16 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by thoth lad
Servant had it coming smile

One of my visitor cats doesn't like getting petted. I've built it up to getting a little head rub and a couple of quick back rubs, before the growlies begin. It even surprised his owners who tell me he doesn't go near anyone else. I didn't tell them of my elaborate roast chicken and salmon feeding system, wearing their cat down.

My Dad's last dog liked to have me sit on the floor and she would snuggle next to me and have me pet her. Every so often, she would start to bare her teeth. I would stop petting her and she would immediately put her head under my hand to start petting her again. I don't know why she would bare her teeth and I don't think she knew either.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Our Pets - 02/26/17 04:12 PM
[Linked Image]

This is Leia. She's lodging with me at the moment, and has been for just over a month.

Eva was a very indoors cat, and Leia had been getting the occasional chicken dinner (i.e. I'd only see her occasionally and she'd always get a dinner) on the front step when I'd come home at night since she was a little cat.

She'd occasionally get past me at the door and dive into the hall, and a pile of cat toys, before being ushered out.

Being ushered, or told to do anything is not something Leia takes kindly to, and she will hiss, growl and claw in a heartbeat.

From what I gather her human, who lives in a flat down the street, would put her out for the day and then collect her in when he returned. So, I'd see her around the same place coming back and forth. A lot of her personality comes from presumably dealing with humans while being out for the day. Although I live in a quiet street, it's also really close to a town centre. So, she would have had some interesting days.

For such an outside cat, she's become quite the house cat in her time here, but I expect that to change when winter is over.
© Legion World