Legion World
Posted By: Faraway Lad Any creative types out there? - 07/17/03 07:29 PM
Seeing all this outburst of creativity has started me wondering.

I use Freeky and Lou's great picture of me as a wallpaper on my works computer. The only very, very slight quibble is the use of FL as the clasp on the cape fastening. Then it struck me that, unlike all the legionnaires, I didnt have a symbol I could use to ID me on the monitor board.

So heres a challenge for you if you like. Can any of you more creative types come up with a suggestion for a symbol. The flag of my home town is three castles, my name Coulthard means either a colt (horse) herder or a goat herder. I'm English (obviously)

So feel free to let the creative juices flow. :-)
Posted By: matlock Re: Any creative types out there? - 07/17/03 08:06 PM
Hee hee, my last name Childers is a shortening of a middle English word childerhouse, which was an orphanage. Try making a good monitor board symbol out of that!
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Any creative types out there? - 07/17/03 08:26 PM
Granted, this is larger than an icon, but anyhoo...

This is the first thing I thought of when I thought "Faraway Lad"

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Any creative types out there? - 07/17/03 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
Granted, this is larger than an icon, but anyhoo...

This is the first thing I thought of when I thought "Faraway Lad"

thats great cru.

Anyone else got any suggestions?
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Any creative types out there? - 07/17/03 09:46 PM
Originally posted by matlock:
Hee hee, my last name Childers is a shortening of a middle English word childerhouse, which was an orphanage. Try making a good monitor board symbol out of that!
Matt,

My first thoughts were a picture of those two orphans who keep turning up in the Simpsons
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Any creative types out there? - 07/17/03 10:45 PM
This is another idea I had, but I'm less happy with this one.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Any creative types out there? - 07/18/03 12:27 AM
They're both pretty good Cru, but I like the spyglass. Kind of classic in its look, to me.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Any creative types out there? - 07/18/03 12:29 AM
My surname, Sharritt, is a derivative of Sherwood Forest. So I guess my monitor symbol would be of a wooded area.
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: Any creative types out there? - 07/18/03 04:00 AM
My last name, Gildersleeve, originally meant "Golden Sleeve." My ancestors were so wealthy, apparently, that they wore gold braid on their sleeve.

What they did with that money, I'll never know. frown
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: Any creative types out there? - 07/18/03 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
My surname, Sharritt, is a derivative of Sherwood Forest. So I guess my monitor symbol would be of a wooded area.
Or Robin Hood.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Any creative types out there? - 07/18/03 01:03 PM
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
[b]My surname, Sharritt, is a derivative of Sherwood Forest. So I guess my monitor symbol would be of a wooded area.
Or Robin Hood. [/b]
Little John would be more appropriate for me.
Posted By: matlock Re: Any creative types out there? - 07/18/03 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
[b] Hee hee, my last name Childers is a shortening of a middle English word childerhouse, which was an orphanage. Try making a good monitor board symbol out of that!
Matt,

My first thoughts were a picture of those two orphans who keep turning up in the Simpsons [/b]
Well, now I'm going to be trying to remember their names all day. My brain is slowly losing it's accumulated Simpsons knowledge since the local repeats aren't on at a good time anymore.

Wait

Wait

Patches and Poor Violet? I think that's it. Whew.
© Legion World