Legion World
Posted By: rickshaw1 *sigh* Please help... - 09/25/03 04:09 PM
This isn't about the Legion. Its about Firestorm. I don't know how many of you here like the character. I do. I have since he first debuted.

There is a firestorm board that has called for his return over at the DC boards. In it, a new writer is taking over the chores of writing a new book. Oh happy day!, right? No, saddly not.

Dan Jolley is going to put someone new in as Firestorm. If you like, love, or even just wish to join a riduculas (sp?) crusade that will likely fail frown , then please join us in voicing your support for ron. I don't mind if this doesn't get many replies, or if LL and Nighcrawler deem it not suitable for Legionworld and yank it. Just please support the character if you like him.

Thank you.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: *sigh* Please help... - 09/26/03 09:35 AM
I don't think a FIRESTORM thread is out of place here but you might get more responses on the CULTURAL RARITIES forum! Maybe Scott or Gary can move the thread for ya!

I personally have believed FIRESTORM to be the final 'ICON' character to come out of DC COMICS.

That is, I see him at the same level as lower-tier ICONs such as Hawkman, The Atom, Green Arrow and Black Canary. (for those interested I see the upper-tier ICONS as the big 3 plus Robin and mid-tier characters would be the likes of Green Lantern, The Flash and Supergirl).

I *do* think offhand it is a mistale to make FIRESTORM a different character without giving Ronnie another chance with a series or mini.

I don't know much about the details yet so I will wait to commment further...
Posted By: Bevis Re: *sigh* Please help... - 09/26/03 10:43 AM
Most annoying thing about this planned new series is that they'd got Mike Carey (who is a *huge* Firestorm fan) all signed up, plotting the first arcs (with Ronnie as Firestorm still and the Prof making appearances) only for TPTB to pull it. Much stupidness I think.
Posted By: Reboot Re: *sigh* Please help... - 09/26/03 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Bevis:
Most annoying thing about this planned new series is that they'd got Mike Carey (who is a *huge* Firestorm fan) all signed up, plotting the first arcs (with Ronnie as Firestorm still and the Prof making appearances) only for TPTB to pull it. Much stupidness I think.
Wasn't that the one Carey said the theme of would be "EXTREME Multiple Personality Disorder?"
© Legion World