Legion World
Posted By: Bevis La la la, don't mind me... - 09/11/03 11:45 AM
Posted By: Bevis Re: La la la, don't mind me... - 09/11/03 11:46 AM
100!

Woo, it's taken me a bloody long time to get here but I've reached a posting milestone. smile
well done Bevis !!!

and congrats on your 100th post !!!

Matthew.
Posted By: icefire Re: La la la, don't mind me... - 09/11/03 03:24 PM
Congratulations Bevis!!!!!
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: La la la, don't mind me... - 09/11/03 03:51 PM
Imagine how many posts you could have if the Brads knew how to use a computer smile
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: La la la, don't mind me... - 09/12/03 03:07 AM
Congratulations, Bevis -- and don't worry about being slow. Confucious sez, "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: La la la, don't mind me... - 09/12/03 08:49 AM
Don't mind you at all, Bevis! You're out there creating comics and contributing to other comics sites and you still find time to post here.

I think you should be drawing Queen & Country. Your style would be much better suited to that book (one of my favourites) than the current artist, Carla Speed McNeill.
Posted By: Vee Re: La la la, don't mind me... - 09/12/03 10:05 AM
Hey Bevis your dancing 100 somehow ended up on my anticipation thread so I brought them back over here for you. Here you go and congratualtions!

V

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Re: La la la, don't mind me... - 09/12/03 10:33 AM
Very good, Bevis!

Now, where to you get these dancing numbers. They're great!
Posted By: Catalyst King Re: La la la, don't mind me... - 09/12/03 11:11 AM
Congrats Bevis! I'll get there one of these days!
Posted By: Bevis Re: La la la, don't mind me... - 09/14/03 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I think you should be drawing Queen & Country. Your style would be much better suited to that book (one of my favourites) than the current artist, Carla Speed McNeill.
I would *love* to do an arc of Queen & Counrty. I agree completely it's one of the best books out there at the moment. A couple of years ago down at the comics convention in Bristol I met Jamie Rich and showed him some of the first Oddcases stories (this was just when I started getting into doing comics seriously). He was very lovely but did say it wasn't quite what they were looking for at the time and that I probably needed a couple of years practice before they'd really consider my work, which I think was probably very true (he was someone who was great simply because he didn't avoid criticism but what criticism there was was very constructive).

Unfortunately Oni aren't taking submissions any more (boo) so I'll have to just try and get my foot in the door some other way. Heh.

Oh, and spookily speaking of CSM (who I kinda agree with you about on Q&C. She's a great artist but I'm not entriely sure about her style on it yet) I don't know if you've seen the stuff over at the Sequential Tart boards about the Smut Peddler erotic anthology but in there you can find a story drawn by me and one by Carla. He he. Name dropping much? wink
© Legion World