Legion World
Posted By: MLLASH things that make you feel stabby - 10/10/06 06:04 PM
AKA things that angry-up your blood!

The worst is when you're in line with three items at the grocery behind the lady with two full carts. You've been waiting 10 minutes already, and there's still a whole cart to go.

Finally, another cashier opens--- and takes the customers behind you that have only been waiting 5 seconds.

Yep, that makes me feel stabby alright.
heh. I'm usually the one keeping eyes wide open for another cashier to open, and the first or second in the new line.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/10/06 09:05 PM
People who drive too slow on the highways. That angers me like no one's business. Its just as dangerous as someone driving too fast *and* keeps me from getting somewhere at a timely pace!
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/10/06 11:14 PM
When you're at a gas station, paying for gas and the person ahead of you is buying scratch & win lottery tickets, scratching them then buying some more...
I agree, Nancy. One of my pet peeves... lotto, too! They just rattle off numbers, one after another, and all I wanna do is buy a cuppa joe and get back on the road!
Posted By: .. Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/11/06 10:56 PM
oh FC got one of my big ones too...I JUST WANT MY PEPSI!!!!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/11/06 10:59 PM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
AKA things that angry-up your blood!

The worst is when you're in line with three items at the grocery behind the lady with two full carts. You've been waiting 10 minutes already, and there's still a whole cart to go.

Finally, another cashier opens--- and takes the customers behind you that have only been waiting 5 seconds.

Yep, that makes me feel stabby alright.
This happened to me just after I signed off. Although in a drugstore rather than a grocery store. I was waiting in line. A new register opens up and someone who just got there ducked over.
Posted By: SharkLad Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/13/06 02:43 AM
i feel stabby a lot ... i feel stabby whenever someone says "I personally ..."
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/15/06 12:38 AM
I personally can see that. wink
Posted By: lil'rhino Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/17/06 06:33 AM
As a waiter, I hate when I go to take a customers order & they wave me away because they're on their cellphone! ARRRGH!
Posted By: Caliente Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/17/06 08:54 AM
People talking trash about you when you can hear them. *stabs*
people who take up the entire sidewalk - and then walk slowly.
BTW, did you all hear what Cali did last weekend? Well-

Oh, hi, Cali!

-Well, she and you-know-who went over to [mumble, mumble, mumblee] where they [cough!]
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/20/06 10:13 AM
Oh, look - there's Kent on the floor with... a knife in his back??
Posted By: Lad Boy Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/20/06 01:09 PM
Bloodstains on my new wool carpet -- aaack!

<grabs the ginsu knife from the kitchen and tears through the house in a bloodlusting rampage>

Someone's gonna pay for this . . . but only in a room with ceramic tile and a floor drain.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/20/06 10:43 PM
OK, I am here in my school's library using the computer to just surf the internet. The woman at the computer next to me took out her cell phone, checked her messages and then called and talked to someone. And I could hear the guy she was talking to.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/21/06 03:30 AM
Okay, so on my way home I spot a gas station with gas for $1.98/gallon, which is about .05-.11 cents cheaper than anywhere else around here!

So I pull in, giddy with the joy of thrifty gas purchasing, ready to fill up the huge honkin' gas tank on my Jeep Cherokee Laredo (I wrecked my convertible this summer)... and am informed by the clerck inside that they are out of gas.

Ummm... hello? Shouldn't they at the very least put a sign on the gas pumps?

Someone needs to be stabbed for this!
Posted By: SharkLad Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/23/06 12:48 AM
ok, so here I am fighting off a cold all week, going to work everyday, and then BOOM comes the weekend and I am sick as a dog!
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/23/06 02:22 AM
Mondays.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/25/06 03:42 PM
Ok, so I was visiting my Dad at the hospital yesterday (he just had a hip replacement), and I noticed this one woman being VERY rude to some of the nurses. These same nurses being the ones that pretty much made a highly emotional experience for my Dad and family an extremely much easier experience.

It was at that point that the world went red, the Kill Bill angry music went on, and I felt stabby.
I think that anyone who abuses hospital staff, ambulance drivers or fireman should be stabbed as a matter of course.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/31/06 09:13 PM
Ok, I was going to create a thread for this to blow off some steam, but I couldn't find a thread title for it that didn't disgust me.

Here's something that makes me feel beyond stabby: one of my best friends was drugged/rufied (sp?) this past Saturday night. She ended up being alright and her boyfriend was there but had to take her to the hospital. My outrage is no less intense though.

It would be no matter who it was, but she’s kinda like a little sister to me, who I’ve known since she was a freshman in high school (and I was a junior). Her boyfriend and she often do the ‘double date’ thing w/me and my g/f. I wasn’t there either, which adds to my fury, which makes me feel guilty for feeling so selfish. I’m just glad she ended up okay.

It appalls and enrages me (and that’s about all I know of the story at this time). This is the third friend (that I know of) that this has happened to, and the second one in the last three months. frown
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/31/06 11:39 PM
I'm truly sorry, man.

Glad to hear your friend's OK. I hope they catch whoever's doing it.
Posted By: Harbinger Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/04/08 10:42 PM
Wow! I can't believe I never posted on this thread!

Do you want the list or shall we just take it as a given that there are a whole list of things that make me feel stabby?
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/04/08 10:57 PM
Harbinger,

Why don't you just list the top 500?

That's one of my sayings. "Do you want the whole list or the top 500?"
Posted By: Teronna Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/05/08 02:05 AM
The people who come up ready to check out, and then run off in search of a forgotten item once I've started ringing up their purchases, leaving me and the other customers in line to wait while they decide what flavor dog treats they should buy.

*stabs*
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/05/08 03:26 AM
Straight men in shorts that end above the knee. Its not a straight mans look damnit! *shakes fist*
Posted By: Set Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/05/08 03:43 AM
People who call at 7 in the morning on a Saturday to ask if I want to change my phone service.

"Why no. What I want. What I really, really want, is to know exactly where you are, right now, and what your warm sticky blood would feel like spraying across my face as I cut your freaking head off. And no, Verizon is not cheaper than the service I have now."

Also, really fun and witty girls that I meet while out who later admit that they glommed onto me at the party only because they were trying to ditch some loser who was sniffing around them and that I 'looked safe.'

"Thanks! I'll go fry up my testicles now, if I can just find my Martha Stewart apron. Want the last bits of my manhood with that?"
Direct TV commercials that use the slogan "Friends don't let friends watch cable."

Okay, so I know the phrase "Friends don't let friends [blank]" is pretty much a part of pop culture these days, but I'll always associate it with the anti-drunk driving campaign. So unless you're talking about something as serious as drunk driving, you best not be adopting it as part of your ad campaign.
Posted By: kidflash2fan Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/07/08 12:34 AM
ok i got a really good one last week i go to the really crappy comic store to get 39 of legion and what was it 861? of action comics? and the guys says to me oh it didnt come out(lieing peace of crap)but i let it go ask him not to forget to order it for me and leave, so i go to the less crappy but still crappy comic shop 25 miles away..and there closed..so i dont have time to back to it until the other day.and they sold out "we only ordered six."and it will take 2 weeks for them to get it in again. so after some on steals my ipod there i wait until today to go to the 1st shop because the guy only puts the new stuff out on Thursday hopeing he ordered it for me..he didn't,i looked threw his back issues and turns out he was only getting the legion comics when they super girl in them so in a move of desperation i had to call my mom who lives about an hour and a half away, and begged her to get it at the only descent comic shop i've found in ny but lord only knows when i'll see her again.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/07/08 02:11 AM
Anti-smoking commercials on TV annoy beyond belief.

At this point, I might actually start smoking and start trying to convince teenagers to do the same to get back at the world for inflicting them on me.
Posted By: Harbinger Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/08/08 02:51 AM
Paula Abdul!

*STAB!*
Posted By: Teronna Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/08/08 03:22 AM
Ryan Seacrest!

*stab, slice, dismember*
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/08/08 03:47 AM
Kelly Clarkson!

*SLASH, RIP, GORE, GUTS*
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/08/08 09:26 AM
"Don't call me JLo when I sell my babies' pictures to you for $6 million" Jennifer Lopez

okay, not a stab, 'cause she's a new mom, just a little tap whack on the head with an umbrella
Posted By: Harbinger Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/09/08 02:32 AM
People who stop you on the street to do 'surveys' but won't take no for an answer really make me feel stabby. I was walking down Union Street this afternoon (main street in Aberdeen BTW)and a woman stopped me armed with a clipboard, I said no thanks and started to say I was rushing to meet a friend and she just kept talking over me trying to get me to give her my undivided attention. Eventually I said 'what part of no don't you understand?' rather loudly and walked off. They always seem to target me and while I do understand they're only doing their jobs it really irritates me.

*stab*
Posted By: Harbinger Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/09/08 02:33 AM
I love this thread!
Posted By: Harbinger Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/09/08 03:16 AM
I suffer quite badly from insomnia, I can function quite well on 4 or 5 hours sleep but for the last 5 weeks or so my average each night is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Insomnia really make me feel stabby!
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/09/08 04:47 AM
Boys who you move cities for, Decide to never speak to you again but refusde to tell you why because its "Not for you to know", Let you get over them and then CALL YOU AT 2:30 IN THE MORNING on your birthday, thus drawing you back in again so they can be amused by watching you squirm.
MEN. cant live with em', Cant just chop them up into tiny little peices and boil them up in a pot. Because that would be cooking and I dont cook.
Posted By: Teronna Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/09/08 05:19 AM
Slice 'em up and give 'em to your landlady to bake into a pie!
Posted By: Teronna Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/09/08 05:21 AM
Daylight savings time. There goes my extra hour of sleep.
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: things that make you feel stabby - 03/10/08 05:44 AM
I dont have a land lady tongue I own
Posted By: MLLASH Re: things that make you feel stabby - 12/03/14 03:23 AM
Improperly sized shower doors....
People who ask for meetings, then give the data you need for the meeting at the last minute.

Originally Posted by Kid Marvel
Boys who you move cities for, Decide to never speak to you again but refusde to tell you why because its "Not for you to know", Let you get over them and then CALL YOU AT 2:30 IN THE MORNING on your birthday, thus drawing you back in again so they can be amused by watching you squirm.
MEN. cant live with em', Cant just chop them up into tiny little peices and boil them up in a pot. Because that would be cooking and I dont cook.

That guy deserves a good kick in the balls. And then, we slice them off after he recovers tongue
Posted By: thoth lad Re: things that make you feel stabby - 12/03/14 08:36 PM
People who you tell that your area doesn't have resource and who respond by giving you even more work. Clueless.

Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
That guy deserves a good kick in the balls. And then, we slice them off after he recovers tongue

>squeak<
What can I say, that boy who did that to Kid Marvel makes me really angry! mad

Stupid corporate types who make IB and thothy all mad. mad

Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/25/18 10:11 AM
Crappy noughties songs as chain restaurant muzak.

A couple days ago, I had the misfortune of hearing Pink's "Real Good Time" at one such establishment.

It was a real bad time.

A plague on her and all her big, fancy houses that she's bought by cashing in on her phony "rebel" image.

I really make an effort not to hate people like I used to do, but I find it impossible not to HATE her. I HATE HER!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/25/18 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ann Hebistand
ally make an effort not to hate people like I used to do, but I find it impossible not to HATE her. I HATE HER!

Every rule should have at least one exception. At least.
There are several celebrities that I detest too. Chief among them are the entertainers who ran for, and were elected to, public office in my home country. Some did a good job, and them I don't hate. but others...

There's the famous boxer Manny Pacquiao, who is now a Senator. He was arguing for the death penalty. Fine in itself. but his argument?

"The death penalty is good, because even Jesus was put to death."

Bad enough that he's citing the Bible...

But as a Christian, how can he not know that it wasn't a good thing for Jesus to have been sentenced to death????????
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/25/18 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
There are several celebrities that I detest too. Chief among them are the entertainers who ran for, and were elected to, public office in my home country. Some did a good job, and them I don't hate. but others...

There's the famous boxer Manny Pacquiao, who is now a Senator. He was arguing for the death penalty. Fine in itself. but his argument?

"The death penalty is good, because even Jesus was put to death."

Bad enough that he's citing the Bible...

But as a Christian, how can he not know that it wasn't a good thing for Jesus to have been sentenced to death????????

Technically Jesus being executed was the good thing as it is what supposedly redeemed the world from original sin. No execution, no redemption
Posted By: thoth lad Re: things that make you feel stabby - 10/25/18 09:14 PM
Since Jesus supposedly came back from the dead too, I'd not be surprised if archaeologists find a cache of his adventures published by DC Comics (or BC Comics as they were then.)
Texts from Superheroes made a joke that Jesus was really Wolverine.
© Legion World