Legion World
Posted By: Threesome Girl LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 12:40 AM
This is now the discussion thread for the Legion World Directory.
Posted By: Threesome Girl Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 02:56 AM
Triad Bartholomew J. Bumperton Triad
Posted By: MLLASH Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 03:04 AM
TRES impressive, Miss T. I'm highlighting for a day because I wanna.
Posted By: Abin Quank Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 03:19 AM
When You're the Super Hep-Uranus Arbirator of all things Kewl... of Space!

You can do that kind of stuff!
Posted By: Threesome Girl Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 03:27 AM
Triad WOW! Thank you, Lashkins! laugh Triad
Posted By: MLLASH Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 03:33 AM
Work of this calibre deserves recognition!

I'll consult with the other mods about a permanent featuring of this topic.

Meanwhile, you should just add stuff as you go, Miss T! You're off to a great start!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 03:36 AM
Jeepers! Miss T is krazy kewl!
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 04:02 AM
Wow, this is superb, Miss T. It's perfection in form.
Posted By: Future Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 04:07 AM
Was there ever any doubt that Miss T SPACE-RAWKS? Good job.
Posted By: Threesome Girl Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 04:08 AM
Triad Hey, gang, I appreciate the kudos but I'm just spotlighting the jeenyus of various LMB contributers. Y'all do the thinking and I'll do the typing! tongue

So I've read about Founders' Day. What's the date for that?

Also, I can't find any extant record of the Hootchie Hut (at least in MMB), but I've heard lots about it. Was it ever a thread? Who is credited with opening the establishment. Anyone care to write up a little entry for it? Triad
Posted By: Threesome Girl Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 04:12 AM
Triad Hey, Lash, when you talk to Scott & Gary about extended/permanent highlighting of this thread, would you suggest that links be added to some, if not all, of the entries to the proper threads?

I know, for example, that Legion World star would be well served by a link to the thread that explains the wonderful contribution Far made to LW. Triad
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 04:25 AM
You deserve the kudos, think about how this will help the newbie's and there's some stuff I never seen before on here.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 06:50 AM
I don't spend enough time here at the MMB, so when I got here and found this, I was really pleased! How helpful! Thank you!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 10:04 AM
Miss T, this is awesome! Very kewl! You space-rawk indeed!

There's some more I can tell you about too, when I get the chance (MLLASH day, Princess Crujectra Day [Sept. 9th], Hall of Fallen Heroes, the Beacon, and other things that have come and gone...)
Posted By: Threesome Girl Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 10:26 AM
Triad Poor Cobie will never find time now that he's a grownup frown Triad
Posted By: Bevis Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 11:23 AM
He he, this is pretty cool. I had a Boutique of Fabulousness at one point as well which positivly didn't serve has the secret headquarters of the anti-STU resistance during the 'troubles' a little while back I might have to reopen it at some point.

Oh, and of course there's the Hootchie Hut.
Posted By: Threesome Girl Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 11:36 AM
Triad I'd love it if you reopened them Bevis. But otherwise you're welcome to type up an entry for anything that's missing. laugh Triad
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 12:55 PM
Wow! This is mighty impressive Miss T.
Posted By: Monkey Eater Lad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 02:43 PM
Three snaps and a clap - all three of you did an awesome job! Congrats, congrats, and congrats. The Curatorial Staff of the Museum of Legion Arts politely requests that you consider including definition of the Museum of Legion Arts in this glossary listing. See here for further reference:
Museum of Legion Arts: Gim Gallery
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 03:59 PM
Miss T, I wasn't sure which of your ID's to PM, so here's some added info on things on Legion World. If you want, I'll delete this post once they've been added to your initial post.

Legion World Orphanage- created by the Triumvirs for the orphans of Legion World. Cobalt Kid has also added many athletic facilities to this, including areas where the children can practice their skills as warriors—should they ever decided to join the armies of the Triumvirs.

MLLASH Day- April 11th of every year is MLLASH day, a day that celebrates the most beloved poster of all time, Lash. This was started when EDE bumped every Lash thread in the MMB, which almost covered the entire first page (missed it by one) [there have since been numerous more created]. Lash is a founding member of the LMB, has held every position you can imagine and is one the *major* forces behind the LMB and Legion World.

Princess Crujectra Day- The first official Legion World holiday, Princess Crujectra Day honors one of the most loved and revered posters of Legion World and the LMBP. Intellegent, classy and beautiful, Princess Crujectra remains a role model for the rest of Legion World. Traditionally, this holiday involves exchanging of treasure chests and grapefruits.

Hall of Fallen Heroes- this building was erected on Legion World by the LMBP Spectre, when she first came to Legion World. It houses magnificent statues of the LMBers that have heroically fallen in battle. It is only occasionally open to the general public. The LMBers honored there are Food-Maker Kid (ironically part of the LMB Spectre), Foxy Roxy, Bowels-Bursting Boy, Kid Gender Reversal Stereotype I, Tsarin Kid and Space Tart (although Space Tart’s statue will now be removed).

The Hootchie Hut- the longtime LMB hang-out that is known for it’s free-flowing booze and many young nymphos. It has been destroyed many times and is commonly frequented by Cobalt Kid, Faraway Lad, LardLad, and Loser Lad.

Shameless Hussies- a bar on Legion World down the street from SHAKES that houses a more risqué and erotic clientele.

The LMB Constitution- a document that explained the various clauses of the LMB. It has long since been used as wrapping papers by Cobalt Kid and Loser Lad.

Triumvirate- Eryk Davis Ester, Cobalt Kid and Greybird, the three leaders of the armies of Legion World. During the transition to Legion World, the universe became a much more dangerous place and many citizens were being attacked. In addition, there was a large influx of men to Legion World that could not be housed. The solution was that Cobalt Kid, Eyrk Davis Ester an Greybird developed three seperate, but massive armies that served them completely and set out and conquered Legion World's foes. Since then, they have spent the majority of their time conquering faraway places. Each Triumvir is triumvir for life, since the armies are only loyal to them--not Legion World. Each army is forbidden, under the ancient laws, to ever enter into the cities of Legion World (the Triumvirs will always try to avoid this). The Triumvirs also used their armies famously against the massive robot army of Phineas B. Fuddle during "the Dark Stu Saga".
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 04:05 PM
Also:

The Beacon- formerly Danny Blaine's Starfield Lounge, the Beacon is the premier restaurant of Legion World. It is known as a classy establishment that often caters to Legion World's most elite celebrities. Along with Danny Blaine, the Beacon is run by Semi-Transparent Fellow as wel as Fat Cramer and Saturn Girl, who help prepare the menu and food.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Bevis:
He he, this is pretty cool. I had a Boutique of Fabulousness at one point as well which positivly didn't serve has the secret headquarters of the anti-STU resistance during the 'troubles' a little while back I might have to reopen it at some point.

Oh, and of course there's the Hootchie Hut.
Bevis might want to write this one up, but here's the basic jist:

Bevis (aka Lucien Lad) opened up a Boutique of Fabulousness for Legion Worlders to shop at and get fabulous new clothing. During the Dark Stu Saga, the Boutique also operated as the main headquarters of the Anti-Stu resistance although Bevis still denies this to this day(since the Security Office, the Beacon and the HQ were taken over and the other estabilshments like SHAKES were in danger). [I assume] the Boutique remains open to this day for shopping, although the back room is rumored to still be there in case Lucien Lad ever deems it necessary for the LMB to use again.
Posted By: matlock Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 04:16 PM
There are several other rooms claimed by various denizens here, though the dorm wing, known as Swan Hall, is sort of dusty and unused these days:

Lardy's Lair
Garth & Imra's Luv Shak
LABRADORIANS HOUSE OF HEAVY METAL AND HORROR
TD's Suite
LASH LAD's Room
Sharklad's Tank
A Faraway Room
Outdoor Miner's Outdoor Manor
the Boy with UltraPowers Room
Quinn's Walk-In Closet
The Starman Suite
Bucky'th DAM Hole
matlock's attic

Fat Cramer also ran a rehab center, but I think it closed up when she opened the Cafe. She also ran a Canadians-only fishing camp.

There was also the Crujectra Administration Building, which closed down at the end of her term.

There's probably more but that's what I found thus far.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 04:19 PM
There is also Greybird's Aerie, where he lives and enjoys flying. There is a great library there. (I don't know if this is an actual thread, actually I'm pretty sure it's not, but like the Hootchie Hut, it's been established in the tag threads and Onevisions, particulurly mine).
Posted By: Harbinger Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 04:27 PM
There is so much going on here on Legion World that there's no need to ever leave laugh

This is a great threat, thanks

Bxx
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Princess Crujectra Day... this holiday involves exchanging of treasure chests and grapefruits.
And to this day, I'm both touched and disturbed by this custom wink
Posted By: Loser Lad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 05:24 PM
This is great Missy! I love the fact that the Cave made the cut!

Originally posted by Trysexual Girl:
Loser Cave, owned and operated by LMBer Loser Lad, it serves as his primary headquarters (perhaps that should read "hideout"?).
To clarify a bit, the Loser Cave isn't an establishment like Cafe Cramer or one of the various bars and such, and was never posted as a thread like the various "(insert poster's name)'s Room" threads. It's simply the little hole in the ground where Loser Lad lives, or as you so aptly put it, hides out. It's pretty much just my own low-rent version of the Bat Cave.

The Loser Cave has often been used as a crash pad by male LMBers who are hiding from jilted lovers and female LMBers who are, well, some things are just best left to the imagination! wink

Only a few LMBers actually know the Loser Cave's ultra-secret hidden location, though many have visited there by way of Threshold technology. One often used (by her and I, at least wink ) Threshold connection to the Loser Cave exists in Princess Crujectra's private chambers at the Psyonian Embassy.
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 05:28 PM
Perhaps you should look into some form of tesseract technology for the Loser Cave, so that you could get bigger couches for your male guests to crash on, Loser dear wink
Posted By: Bevis Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 05:37 PM
The Hootchie Hut- the longtime LMB hang-out that is known for it's free-flowing booze and many young nymphos. It has been destroyed many times and is commonly frequented by Cobalt Kid, Faraway Lad, LardLad, and Loser Lad.
OK, I'm having a complete brainfart here, what on earth (or Legion World, rather) was the name of the establishment that served the LMBers who bat for the other team? Lash, myself and BBC spent a lot of time there during some of the earlier tag teams.
Posted By: Loser Lad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Trysexual Girl:
walking ring,
The legendary LMB Walking Ring was one of two incentives promised to LMB applicants in the original Legion of Message Board Posters Thread . The ring would, it was said, enable the wearer to travel via ground! Though much talked about during the first year or so of LMB History, the promised rings (as well as the replica Dream Girl Barretts) never showed up at LMB Headquarters. Eventually, most of the LMBers learned to walk unaided by a Walking Ring.

It was later learned that the ring order had been cancelled by the Acme Ring and Barrette Company because LMBer Goon Boy (who was blessed with the power of Super Forgetfulness) had neglected to mail the check!
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 05:55 PM
Y'know, when you stop and think about it, we really did have crap technology in the early days wink
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Bevis:
[b]The Hootchie Hut- the longtime LMB hang-out that is known for it's free-flowing booze and many young nymphos. It has been destroyed many times and is commonly frequented by Cobalt Kid, Faraway Lad, LardLad, and Loser Lad.
OK, I'm having a complete brainfart here, what on earth (or Legion World, rather) was the name of the establishment that served the LMBers who bat for the other team? Lash, myself and BBC spent a lot of time there during some of the earlier tag teams.[/b]
I'm not sure if this is it, but what was the bar outside of space/time/the multiverse that you, Paul and BBC were all hanging out with during "Hot Summer Nights". Is that the same one? I remember it being a gay bar, although for some reason, Turns you into Country Kid and The One Called the One got it on there (blame LardLad).

I know there is a funny name too Bevis, I just can't remember it either!
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 06:19 PM
WOW!

Miss T, I'm both irritated, relieved, and impressed. smile I'm irritated because I WAS PLANNING TO DO THIS! This weekend! It was going to be my first action as LMB Leader, and you beat me to it!!! lol

And you wound up doing a much greater job than I could have even thought of doing. This is amazing, and seriously, you did a much more thorough and awesome job than I had planned (with the exception of Kid Prime's room, but I'll add it myself.) smile

With your permission, I would like to add hyperlinks to all the threads you have mentioned here, and keep this thread featured on the front page. It'll be just like a combination yellow pages and dictionary for the MMB! (Maybe we could add "MMB Yellow Pages" to the title so newbies will know where to go.)

Also, (not to put words in your mouth) I would like for anyone who would like to have a thread added to this directory to feel free to PM Miss T, MLLASH, or myself.

Once again, this is AMAZING and I'm so relieved that I don't have to do the work now. It's so weird that our minds were tuned to the same station on this!
Posted By: Reboot Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 06:46 PM
You're a mod? I thought you said you never wanted to be a mod again smile

And, once I've reformatted it, I'll want whatever the GovernMental building turns into in here smile
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 06:51 PM
I'm plenty powerful enough without being a mod, Reboot. I never gave up my Founder powers when my fourth-founder status was retconned out of existence. laugh
Posted By: Reboot Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I'm plenty powerful enough without being a mod, Reboot. I never gave up my Founder powers when my fourth-founder status was retconned out of existence. laugh
Don't know about that, but you are a mod. See smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 07:02 PM
WHAT???

GARY!!!!

mad mad mad mad mad mad

Well, just so as to not bury my post in this rant, I still want to hyperlink all the entries in this thread to their appropriate threads, with your permission, Miss T.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 07:12 PM
I'm not sure if this is it, but what was the bar outside of space/time/the multiverse that you, Paul and BBC were all hanging out with during "Hot Summer Nights". Is that the same one? I remember it being a gay bar, although for some reason, Turns you into Country Kid and The One Called the One got it on there (blame LardLad).
That would be The Hypertime Bar.

I'd also suggest we catalogue some of the major adventures/stories from LMB history in the Encylopedia, such as HSN and DotSH.

Also, someone (probably Cobie) should write and entry explaining what the LMB/LMBP is.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 07:18 PM
I can catalogue all the stories and give a fairly decent first draft on what the LMB/LMBP is (I hope Cru and others can really get into the latter).

The LMB: the Continuity Thread was created with the sole purpose of creating a coherent timeline of LMB Adventures, so I could write my history after. I have a pretty basic outline in my head of all five years worth of stories (although I humbly leave Year Four to you, EDE).
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 07:29 PM
I'll get a timeline organized, draft it here in this thread so EDE, KP, Lash and others can take a look at it, and then add it to the encyclopedia when it's created (whether it's in Miss T's first post or a new thread). Someone should think of a proper format for an Adventure title (like in quotes with Italics? sounds good to me).

I'll probably stick with the main Adventures, although when I do the written history in Bits, I'll make sure to add in every single little detail I've amassed (which is a MASSIVE amount, believe me) on our history. By main, I mean the ones that have a clear definition as being an adventure.

Timeline coming up soon!

As for what the LMB is, I've seen Lardy, Lash, Cru and a host of others give excellent definitions before, and I'll try to find some of my favorites. Unless Cru or Lash want to just express it again...*hint* wink

[Edit for more ideas]- I'll also make sure each story has a link to it, whether here or at the LMB Archives. Any that are long lost, like the majority are, I'll be sure to add in fine print that there are no links available.
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 08:01 PM
As for what the LMB is, I've seen Lardy, Lash, Cru and a host of others give excellent definitions before, and I'll try to find some of my favorites. Unless Cru or Lash want to just express it again...*hint* wink
Well, according to the LMBP Outpost:

Welcome to the LMBP Outpost, the Internet home and headquarters of the Legion of Message Board Posters! We were drawn together by a love of DC's Legion of Super-Heroes, but it's the friendships we've forged that keep us together.

Or, as the LMBP Yahoo!Group puts it:

Welcome to the Yahoo!Group home of the Legion of Message Board Posters. Drawn together by our love of the Legion, held together by our friendship and mutual respect. All are welcome here, but please play nice.

Or, in the words of some hot chick called Crujectra:

Once upon a time, there were two forums at the DC Comics Website: the Legion board and the Legionnaires board. Now, over time, the regular posters at those boards developed friendships. They became the "Legion of Message Board Posters", and made the virtually barren Legionnaires board as their home.

When the Legionnaires board faced deletion, the group of friends began their journey through the internet, leaving their mark on a variety of venues, most notably the Yahoo!Groups, Rob's Damn Boards and Ships and Giggles. Finally, they found their way to Legion World.

Along the way, this handful of friends has grown as new friends have joined, and dear friends have gone. One thing has remained true, however: their love for the Legion and the bonds of friendship that have been forged.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 08:14 PM
Job well done, Miss T!

Here are a few more entries: Shameless Hussies Bar (not a thread, that I know of - maybe more of an after-hours joint with pole dancing), Crujectra Day (I forget the date - EDE has it) and the Tesseract System (I believe Stoopid Cat is still hiding there).

Has the Starlight Lounge closed?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 08:23 PM
Crujectra Day is September 9, the anniversary of her innauguration as the first LMB leader on Legion World, and celebrates the restoration of democratically elected LMB leadership as well as our lovely Psyonian princess.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 08:28 PM
The LMB Gay Bar is named THE RED LIGHT LOUNGE.
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
The LMB Gay Bar is named [b]THE RED LIGHT LOUNGE.[/b]
Where is it? And what has happened to Kid 'n Lash's Playpen?
Posted By: MLLASH Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 09:07 PM
RED LIGHT LOUNGE is the name of the bar from the LMB stories.

Kid & Lash's Playground hasn't launched yet...
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 09/30/04 09:33 PM
Nice call on the bar Lash!

FC and EDE, I think I got all those except the Terresact system. I also thought of about ten more on the way home on the train that I'll get to: Earth's 1-4, Nura Nal Barrette, etc. I think I'll just add them in as I write them up in the future and have Miss T add them.

I've also got about twenty LMB story names together (hey, it's boring on the train!). My LMB memory is top-notch, I can proudly say!
Posted By: Threesome Girl Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 01:43 AM
WOW!

Miss T, I'm both irritated, relieved, and impressed. smile I'm irritated because I WAS PLANNING TO DO THIS! This weekend! It was going to be my first action as LMB Leader, and you beat me to it!!! lol

And you wound up doing a much greater job than I could have even thought of doing. This is amazing, and seriously, you did a much more thorough and awesome job than I had planned (with the exception of Kid Prime's room, but I'll add it myself.) smile

With your permission, I would like to add hyperlinks to all the threads you have mentioned here, and keep this thread featured on the front page. It'll be just like a combination yellow pages and dictionary for the MMB! (Maybe we could add "MMB Yellow Pages" to the title so newbies will know where to go.)

Also, (not to put words in your mouth) I would like for anyone who would like to have a thread added to this directory to feel free to PM Miss T, MLLASH, or myself.

Once again, this is AMAZING and I'm so relieved that I don't have to do the work now. It's so weird that our minds were tuned to the same station on this!
Triad Thank you for your kind words, Kippers. Maybe Alabamans & Georgians just share similar brain waves? tongue

Actually, Kippers, your concern for any LMBers who may feel the MMB is too exclusive or complicated has really been my inspiration of late. The Comet was my first idea - hoping that it may serve to inform the casual lurker/LMBer and then this little bee buzzed into my bonnett.

Maybe you felt you needed a secretary and sent me a telepathic wake-up call, Kip?

I love the hyperlinks idea and I VERY MUCH appreciate the positive buzz this thread has generated. It makes me very happy that such diverse minds can come together to create a virtual landscape to adventure in! Youse guys are jeenyuses! Triad
Posted By: Threesome Girl Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 01:54 AM
Triad Okay I'm going to work up all the new information that was donated on this thread today and add it in.

Also, I'd like to solicit suggestions for a permanent name to this thread.

The LMBP Yellow Pages is a thought but we could also call it The LMBP Anywhere Thread. Others seem to still like it as the MMB Encyclopedia. What about the Book of LMB Lore? Talk back, peebles. Triad
Posted By: Bevis Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 06:20 AM
That's the one Lash! It was/is the equivalent of the Hootchie Hut for the gay boys. I do remember the Hypertime Bar as well. Ah, we have the best drinking spots in the LMBP.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 08:08 AM
May I suggest you split the first post off from this thread at some point and keep that headlined? The directory list is the reference for newcomers, occasional visitors and those of us with bad memories - the following posts are comments, suggestions for additions, etc. I'm just thinking if it gets to be several more pages, someone might just start reading at the last page and not go to page 1 where the key information is. (Or maybe it's just my slow net connection that leads me to only read the most recent page of a thread...)
Posted By: Bevis Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 08:17 AM
No, I think that's probably a good suggestion FC. I tend to go straight to the last page of long threads as well and then read backwards. of course, that could just be me being a bit odd...
Posted By: Threesome Girl Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 09:14 AM
Triad Sounds good to me, Cramey. Lash? Kippers? Nighty? Triad
Posted By: Reboot Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
May I suggest you split the first post off from this thread at some point and keep that headlined? The directory list is the reference for newcomers, occasional visitors and those of us with bad memories - the following posts are comments, suggestions for additions, etc. I'm just thinking if it gets to be several more pages, someone might just start reading at the last page and not go to page 1 where the key information is. (Or maybe it's just my slow net connection that leads me to only read the most recent page of a thread...)
So, headline, post a link to this thread under "Discussion", and lock, basically?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 10:02 AM
Yeah, I think that sounds like a great idea. No need to get there yet though, until we've completed the list to our (and Miss T's) satisfaction.

Then we can have Miss T cut and paste the first post into a new thread (she should have the honor of starting it), have that one headlined (and this one de-headlined), and a link to 'Discussion' sounds like a really good idea too. Very cool!

This could kind of be a work in progress for the next few days, as more entries are added. Maybe sometime on my lunch break today I'll add those other ones that I remembered yesterday. I've got a good few more in mind, and I'm sure others will be able to think of a few too.
Posted By: Reboot Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 10:12 AM
You can edit posts in locked threads, BTW, just not post new ones smile
Posted By: Threesome Girl Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 10:19 AM
Triad I added in tons of new stuff, gang, and I'll post Mainframe of the Reboot and the GovernMental Building later. Meanwhile I need entries for Thora's statue, Thora's Throneroom & Flogging Chamber (should these be separate entries?), Crujectra Administration Building, Dark STU Saga, FC's Canadians-only fishing camp, FC's rehab center, Founders' Day, Hot Summer Nights, Kid Prime's Room, SoM/OM GovernMental Building, STU's Haunted Mansion, and Onevision stories. Triad
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 01:49 PM
Miss T, I've got an index for the following that I'll get to you: Onevision stories, Tag Threads, various Earths, the Dark Stu Saga and other stories, other minor things that I'm remembering as I read through my Continuity stuff and some other stuff I'll through in too.

You've reinvigorated my drive to get LMB Continuity together! I'll post more today and this weekend for you!
Posted By: Future Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 03:23 PM
Excellent work by all on the research, writings, and etc. Especially Miss T for getting this started and maintaining it!

I agree about perhaps starting a seperate, locked thread with the directory information. It would be a lot easier on the newbies! Hyperlinking to the relevant threads is a brilliant idea too! I love it.
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 05:28 PM
I want to read about the Dark STU saga! Where is it!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 07:34 PM
Vu, I have the perfect link, I'll edit it into this post later today. It's in the LMB: the Continuity thread, which covers the Dark Stu Saga in DEPTH over five *very* long posts.

I'll link to it later! [EDIT- ah, I did now instead smile ]

Here we go:

The Dark Stu Saga (one of the most fun things EVER on these boards IMO) lasted for about four weeks and gradually grew from suspicious subplots to a MMB wide crossover! It affected every major thread on the MMB (SHAKES, Cafe Cramer, the Beacon, etc.) and the atmosphere itself was totally different across the boards. It really felt like there was a resistance and a tyranny--and there were battles, subplots, twists and turns, misunderstandings and then an eventual *win* and re-uniting of the LMB. It was classic.

The synopsis begins here and then over the next few posts there is a full synopsis. You should definately keep in mind though, that this Saga lasted WEEKS and that it exploded onto the boards. When it wasn't crazy, the place was still chaotic with activity, all day and all night every day. It was pretty sprocking kewl!
Posted By: Greybird Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 10:01 PM
Well, it was pretty sprocking, at least.

(Not a fan of that much disorientation, but you all probably knew that.)
Posted By: Greybird Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 10:15 PM
{ LARDLAD's Birthday, prominent Alt-ID holiday honoring the poster behind many of the most legendary Alt-IDs. }

I don't know how straightforward you're making this reference, though doing so will help it retain its value. For this item, though, you're including what's become an elaborate joke -- not actual practice or clearly known LMB mythology.

LARDLAD is an actual person named Anthony, from South Carolina, who posted frequently on the DC boards, but has done so much less frequently here -- due to two new children and some computer/browser troubles. Aside from (I believe) one joke ID back on the DC boards, he's never created alternate IDs.

The many suggestions that he's behind many alt IDs, or that others created him as an alt ID, are entirely in jest. On LW.net, he's not used alt IDs, and in any event, he's very much a real person(a), who would like to post more (or at all), but simply cannot these days.
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 10:33 PM
Thanks Cobie! That was great reading...
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/01/04 10:41 PM
The Lardlad's birthday reference would better read:

"March 8. Prominent holiday celebrating the birthday of the LMBer whom, according to legend, is responsible for the creation of many of the most prominent alt-IDs. In the annals of Psyche, he is known simply as 'The Father'."
Posted By: Princess Phantasma Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 02:10 AM
PrincessProjectra Kippers care to give an entry for trans-fo-brau? PrincessProjectra
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Wow, what a day! It's 1:40 and I've only been able to check in but briefly all day! I think what we should do is to woodshed this idea a bit more, get input from everyone who cares to put in their two cents, get the directory in its final form, and then create a new thread, and close it to replies (but leave the original post open to editing so we can add new info as it happens-can you do that in a closed thread?)

Also, can you link to a certain point on a page? It might be nice, for things like definitions and story-related entries to have a "for more information click here" hyperlink and then have that info down the page. Or something. We can figure out how to organize the directory. The more intuitive, the better!
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 05:46 AM
The exact nature of Trans-Fo-Brau will become more evident as my term continues to mature. laugh
Posted By: Princess Phantasma Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 06:31 AM
PrincessProjectra Trans-Fo-Brau makes me a social bumblebee wink PrincessProjectra
Posted By: Vee Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 09:29 AM
Great work! This is very cool & very helpful to everyone, not just newbies. Thanks!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 09:35 AM
Wow! This so makes me want to spend more time on the MMB!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 10:48 AM
(but leave the original post open to editing so we can add new info as it happens-can you do that in a closed thread?)

Also, can you link to a certain point on a page?
You have to open a closed thread to edit it. Then close it again.

And the flags (or other icons) next to a members name in a post is a link to that post. See examples here .
Posted By: Reboot Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Nightchangeling:
[b](but leave the original post open to editing so we can add new info as it happens-can you do that in a closed thread?)

Also, can you link to a certain point on a page?
You have to open a closed thread to edit it. Then close it again.[/b]
No you don't. I've done it before (and I just did it again with a test thread, just to make sure). Locking a thread only prevents replies.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 05:05 PM
Here's some more:

Little bits of info:

Onevision a type of writing style invented by LardLad, it is a story written specifically by one person that no one is allowed to post comments in until finished. These traditionally deal with both LMB stories and Legion stories.

Nura Nal Barrette one of the two things mailed to new members of the LMB, the Nura Nal Barrette is a symbol of membership. It has no other functions.

Famous LMB Adventures: these are stories that are specific adventures or tag stories that have become famous in the LMB's past. I've decided NOT to include all the Onevisions and Tag stories just yet (especially Years One, Two and Three), since I'm getting to that in my LMB Continuity tag thread. I'll add those as I go by cutting and pasting over here. Here are a few.

Year One:

"Who Are You?": This was the first thread ever started (by LardLad) that introduced many LMBers to each other, and is directly responsible for the growing friendships of many of us. The initial meeting of the earliest members of the LMB, after being captured by Salad Tosser Lord to be used as an army. At the end of the Adventure, none of the LMBers could remember what happened, prompting the question "who are you?" to each other.

The New (Reboot) Adventures of the LMB: The newly formed LMB battled new threats to the universe, including Hummer Lass, BJ Boy, The Time Mouse Trapper and the Entropy Spinach. This and another tag thread (LMB: Year One)were the first two ever begun by the LMB.

The Road Trips During the first year, the LMB went on a long road trip (begun by Cobalt Kid), that introduced them to the rest of the universe, and in turn, spread their legend. On these road trips, many new LMBers joined the team, such as Lucien Lad and Space Tart.

5 Years Later This is a story, written in year one, that chronicles the adventures of the LMB five years after it's disbanded--when the broken heroes come together again. Although this is far off in the future, this still exists as the ultimate fate of the LMB sometime down the road.

5 Years Later Hummer Lass: Intervention after the LMB reformed 5 years later and finally defeated the Time Mouse Trapper, LardLad helps Hummer Lass come to terms with her harsh life. In a shocking ending, it turns out that this isn't the true LardLad, that Lardy had actually died during the 5 year gap and his sidekick, Pro-D had taken his place! Originally a Onevision by LardLad

5 Years Later The Search for LardLad Learning that Lardy is actually Pro-D and the real Lardy may still be alive, a small group of LMBers searches for the real LardLad (Loser Lad, Lucien Lad, Dev-Em, Hardshell the Turle Boy, The Mightyfanboy Lad, Cobalt Kid, Space Tart and Pro-D). The find him in the clutches of the Anti-Moderator, and finally defeat him to get Lardy back. However, at the end it's revealed that Lardy has gone mad, and he has his own evil intentions when he is well. Originally a Onevision by LardLad

5 Years Later The Reign of the Dark Lard an unwritten Onevision by LardLad, this tale will tell the final fate of the LMB Five Years Later, and how they deal with their longtime friend and leader going evil.

Year Two:

The Day Shark Lad went Evil a tragic tale were Shark Lad went evil for a few months and joined the Time Mouse Trapper in a campaign against the LMB.

The Great Crisis at the end of Year Two, the LMB underwent it's first great crisis, as it's headquarters was destroyed and a few LMBers died defending the universe, such as Foxy Roxy and G. Stallion.

Year Four:

Hot Summer Nights -- Which is primarily the LMB's battle against the One Called the One (later revealed as Lardy and EDE's mother) and her plan to destroy all nads

Doom of the Super-Heroes -- Which is primarily the LMB's battle against Pornis (later revealed as Lardy and EDE's father) and his plan to reshape reality in his own image

The Omega Man Gambit -- The LMB trapped in the middle of the battle between Pornis and the One Called the One over the mystic nads of Omega Man

The Super-Jailhouse of Space -- The LMB versus Eryk Davis Ester (Lardlad's brother) and, um, whatever EDE was trying to do in that story!

LMB Lost -- After a massive corporate takeover of Earth which orders the LMB to disband, the LMB are lost in a spatial rift which takes them to the anti-matter universe (aka the RKMBs)

LMB On the Run -- The LMB return to our universe, only to find themselve hunted by the authorities, so they take up residence on the Pirate Message Board, Ships and Giggles

Foundation of Legion World -- With the founding of Legion World, the LMB becomes a major force for good in the galaxy again!

All these were summarized by EDE--thanks!

Year Five:

The Rise of the Triumvirate the story of how Eryk Davis Ester, Greybird and a newly returned Cobalt Kid formed the Legion World Triumvirate. I'm about to write this today

Invasions and Transitions With so much chaos on Legion World between Tarik the Mute, LMBers going evil, Space Ranger being misunderstood and so many other things, Thora of Taltar announces she is invading Legion World. Cobalt Kid newly returns to Legion World, and he and Space Ranger put down the invasion, leading to Space Ranger's acceptance and Cobalt Kid forming the Security Office. Also, Super Lad Kid leaves Tarik's academy and rejoins the LMB and Kid Prime leaves Legion World for a brief period. Many other transitions occured on this one adventure.

The Assault on Thora With Space Ranger captured and Thora holding her daughter with Cobalt as ransom, the LMB go on an all out invasion of Taltar to get them back.

Ms. Grundy Visits SHAKES Ms. Grundy and a series of other other-worlders strangers subtely invade and take over Legion World for a brief period until the LMB can regroup and overtake them.

The Return of Dev-Em Dev-Em returns to the LMB to discover a major conspiracy against the LMB by a variety of villians, including six LMBers gone evil. Eventually the mastermind is revealed to be Piddlin' Pup!

The Price of Security a major mystery begins to unravel centering on a small boy named Elagabolus who may be the ultimate doom of the LMB in it's future. Cobalt Kid, Stu and a variety of others try to learn why he is being attacked and how they can protect him. Originally a Onevision by Cobalt Kid

Journies and Destinies seven LMBers (Cobalt Kid, Iron Rat, LardLad, Lash Lad, Arachne, Invisible Brainiac and Grey Birdboy) secretly take Elagabolus from Legion World to protect him from Septimus, the dark mage attempting to kill destroy him. Elagabolus' role in the destruction of the LMB 5 years later is further examined. Originally a Onevision by Cobalt Kid

Dragons Numf-El, Harbinger, Sonnie, Captain Dallas, Stoopid Cat and other LMBers deal with a series of problems and hilarious moments on Legion World. Originally a Onevision by Numf-El

The Dark Stu Saga in one of the most epic Legion World tales of all, the LMB is divided as it appears their leader, Stu, has become a tyrant. A resistance arises, as other opportunist villians ally with Stu, and Legion World plumetted into chaos. Eventually, the mysterious enemy is revealed to be Phineas B. Fuddle, an old enemy of the LMB, and the LMB defeats him together, although not after many things were changed forever for the LMB and Legion World.

The Alt-ID Rebellion the Alt ID's on Legion World, mainly led by Space Ranger, begin a campaign of civil unrest and eventual terrorism against the authories of Legion World. A split between the Alt ID community and the feline community erupts.

Crisis on Earth-4! The LMB learn of the existence of the SMB of Earth-4, after the Legion of Super-Villians of Earth-4 hatch a plot to reform Ekron and destroy both Earths! The Origin of Amber and Umber's switch may be revealed in this story. still being written

Year Six:

The Day Legion World Stood Still A large space fleet arrives on Legion World, planning to destroy it, and the LMB must solve the mystery of what the real reason is for this invasion. Still being written

Universe Aflame The LMB discover the remains of the Super-Hero group the Olympians in a pyramid. Still being written--not much yet to determine the storyline

By the way, there are WAAAAAAAAAAY more than this, but I think I've exhausted my fingers today for cataloging LMB stories laugh
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 05:18 PM
Multiple Earths Eyrk Davis Ester, Lucien Lad, LardLad and Cobalt Kid theorized that the universe was actually a multiverse and there were other Earths, similar to ours that existed. Upon further examination of Umber, who lived on another Earth, and Amber, who may have been born on that same Earth, this theory proved true. In a recent adventure, the existence of Earth-4 was confirmed and this theory was proved correct.

Earth-1 the universe that the LMB and Legion World inhabit.

Earth-2 The DC Universe. This Earth has many counterparts to Earth-1, such as Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Greybird and others.

Earth-3 The Marvel Universe. This Earth has many counterparts to Earth-1, such as Nightcrawler and Mantis.

Earth-4 This is a universe that is the most similar to Earth-1. It has it's own 'version' of the LMB, known as the SMB, with an incredibly similar history and membership, although there are some striking differences, such as Seahorse being a girl, LardLad being evil and Cobalt Kid being dead.
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 05:40 PM
I suggest a main thread-related directory with hyperlinks and short descriptions as the first post on the page. And then perhaps a few encyclopedia-style posts to round out the thread. I think that would be easier to navigate than to have everything in just one post. And I also suggest that whatever form the directory finally takes, that it not be more than one page (15 posts.)
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 06:06 PM
Cobie, aren't we now on Year Six? Shouldn't that begin about the time of the Alt-ID rebellion? Or at least before Crisis on Earth-4?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 08:58 PM
Oops! Yup, you're right EDE! We definatley are on year six!

Year six effectively started when Reboot and SoM became leaders, so both the Alt ID Rebellion (Vee/Quis term) and Crisis on Earth-4 (I thinkk is established to be in the Vee/Quis term) don't count I think, but the Day Legion World stood still and Universe Aflame definately do!

I'll change it!
Posted By: Reboot Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 09:26 PM
Year six effectively started when Reboot and SoM became leaders
Huh? I'm two people now? smile
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 09:36 PM
I thought you always had a dual personality... wink
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/02/04 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Reboot:
[b]Year six effectively started when Reboot and SoM became leaders
Huh? I'm two people now? smile [/b]
Too much writing today...I'm losing it wink .
Posted By: Jetta Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 06:11 AM
Please include the Woods of Lothian and the Queen's Castle, in Legion World Directory.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 06:25 AM
Miss T, the directory truly is an incredible piece of work.

This humble one basks in awe of your delightful presence, as he has since day 1 of your arrival here.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 06:56 AM
My sole suggestion, and it isn't a big deal either way:

dropping the quotes from Perfectra's signature would make the directory look tidier.

But as I said, no biggie either way.
Posted By: Reboot Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 02:01 PM
Oh, and (although it should stay under "M"), it's "The Mainframe of the Reboot" smile

And, since it's done alphabetically, the first post should contain links to all the letters. (as well as a link, rather than reference, to this thread)

And finally, lock the thing will'ya? You CAN edit posts in locked threads. Seriously. Try it if you don't believe me.
Posted By: Princess Phantasma Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 02:34 PM
PrincessProjectra I have no idead what Reboot is talking about. Any advisors or founders who'd like to edit in links to the letters, a link to the Discussion thread, and/or lock the thing, then it is fine with me. Just make sure to tell me how I can unlock to add info.

Thanks PrincessProjectra
Posted By: Reboot Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Princess Perfectra:
PrincessProjectra I have no idead what Reboot is talking about. Any advisors or founders who'd like to edit in links to the letters, a link to the Discussion thread, and/or lock the thing, then it is fine with me. Just make sure to tell me how I can unlock to add info.

Thanks PrincessProjectra
Just edit your inital post in the thread to read like this (stuff in the quote - use the Reply to get the code):

PrincessProjectra Welcome to the Legion World Directory. Please post any comments, thoughts, or ideas on this topic in the LW Directory Discussion thread .

Contents:

PrincessProjectra
And edit the bit for my thread to read:

The Mainframe of the Reboot, estate owned and operated by LMBer Reboot (formerly called Sanity or Madness?) and built upon the site of the former GovernMental Building. It is described as "a tall spire, gleaming green with blue energy crackling through the windows. At its top hovers a sphere of purest white. Around the base, many and sundry buildings have been constructed, to be elaborated upon later, as well as a green space of trees and grass. And a moat of purest water encircles the new complex."
, but leave it in the "M" post smile

The rest is for a mod to do.
Posted By: Future Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 03:00 PM
Miss T? GREAT job on the new, seperate directory! I love all the work you've put into it.

If people want links in there bad enough (I think it would neat-o), let me know if you need any help. I've got some free time today and can dig up some of the older topics.
Posted By: Princess Phantasma Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 03:46 PM
PrincessProjectra I have no idead how to hyperlink the entries, Future. If you care to undertake the task or even get it started, it would be appreciated. PrincessProjectra
Posted By: Princess Phantasma Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 04:08 PM
PrincessProjectra I cut & pasted Reboot's format but it didn't come up highlighted/hyperlinked as his is. I inserted
Code

and that didn't fix it. I inserted and that didn't work either.

On a different subject, but a question for advisors or founders, I notice that under Options it asks if you'd like your sig showing in your post. If you uncheck the box so as to NOT show your sig, does that mean that your sig will not show on THAT POST ONLY or do all of your posts now not show your sig? PrincessProjectra
Posted By: Reboot Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 04:12 PM
Miss T - hit Reply on my post, and copy from the Reply box, not from the post itself!

On a different subject, but a question for advisors or founders, I notice that under Options it asks if you'd like your sig showing in your post. If you uncheck the box so as to NOT show your sig, does that mean that your sig will not show on THAT POST ONLY or do all of your posts now not show your sig?
If you do it from the Full Reply form (there's no box on the Quick Reply), just for that post. If you do it from your Profile, it's all your posts (with that ID smile )
Posted By: Princess Phantasma Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 05:10 PM
PrincessProjectra Okay, cool, thanks for talking me throught it, Reboot.

I also amended your entry to read:

Mainframe of the Reboot, The

I prefer listing the article at the end of the phrase and have done so with all applicable entries. Hope it suffices! PrincessProjectra
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 06:47 PM
GREAT job so far, Miss T!

When I get the chance to remember more and write them up, I'll post them here for you, and you can add them at your leisure.

You've inspired me to finally write my LMB Continuity timeline and written history!

You space-rawk!
Posted By: Princess Phantasma Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/03/04 06:56 PM
PrincessProjectra Happy to take your dic--tation, Cobie, dear! PrincessProjectra
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/04/04 04:27 PM
Dear heart, this is GREAT.

I'm going to start working on the hyperlinks after I get back from lunch with my dad puke and an entry for "Kid Prime's Room," as well as the yet-unnamed seat of government (actually, I've selected one, but I have to write up the post for it.) smile

Future, if you have the time today, by all means I'd love for you to tag-team the hyperlink work with me! ElementLad
Posted By: Princess Phantasma Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/04/04 04:38 PM
PrincessProjectra Cool beans, Kippers! I'm reworking entries on the Beacon, La Nouveau Boutique De Fabulosite, and STU's Study.

Plus, I've got more LMB Adventures to add.

Also, I'm going to add new stuff like Lothian Woods etc.

I look forward to your entries, Kip.

And I'd like someone to volunteer to write an entry for Thora's Throneroom and Flogging Chamber. Also an entry on the Statue of Thora, explaining her rebelliousness would be keen. PrincessProjectra
Posted By: Future Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/04/04 05:31 PM
Just a heads up to everyone, especially Miss T, that I'm going to start hyperlinking some things today. I don't have time to do everything, but hopefully this way we can see if the links look good in the entries or not.
Posted By: Loser Lad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/04/04 05:44 PM
I like the Table of Contents links in the first post, but I think they might look better running horizontally across the page (with spacing in between each letter so they don't run together) rather than stretching all the way down the screen like they do now. That way you don't have to scroll down a page before you start to get to the first actual entries.

Just a thought.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/04/04 06:08 PM
Miss T, out of curiousity, which LMB Adventures are you adding? I have a whole SLEW of others from the early years, but I wasn't sure if I should fill up the diretory with such a large amount.

Did someone else give them to you? If so, I'll hold off on posting the new ones until I see what you've got, so I don't clutter this thread with stuff already done.

And the hyperlinks will make the main thread even kewler!
Posted By: Princess Phantasma Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/04/04 06:23 PM
PrincessProjectra No, Cobie, I'm speaking of the LMB Adventures that you already posted me. I've added the Y1-Y4 and I'm working on the entries for Y5-Y6 now.

Actually, I'm a tad unsure of the boundaries for an LMB Adventure anyways. I thought they were Onevisions and Tag Teams but the Dark STU Saga happened as a group effort on the MMB.

Does that mean that my attempt to Overthrow you and EDE could be considered an Adventure?

So don't hold anything back Cobie. I can take all you dish out. wink
----------

Lou I tried to list the ABCs horizontally but it screwed up the code and I'm too frustrated to keep at it. Perhaps Reboot will arrange the links horizontally and I can cut & paste it into the post. I agree with you that it would improve the aesthetics.

And Lou I'm surprised you haven't added any entries. You're an "old fogey with a good memory" like Cobie, aren't you? PrincessProjectra
Posted By: Loser Lad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/04/04 06:33 PM
And Lou I'm surprised you haven't added any entries. You're an "old fogey with a good memory" like Cobie, aren't you?
Well, I did write the entries for the Loser Cave and the LMB Walking Ring, incase you forgot. tongue

I may add more if I find time to write them up, but Cobie seems to be doing a good enough job tackling the continuity stuff for now. Besides, I've kind of been teasing Cobie by not telling him what threads I have saved for the LMB Archives, and I don't want to say anything that might tip my hand. wink

And while I'm thinking about it, do you mind throwing a link to the LMB Archives in the directory? Incase you're not aware the Archives is a site I started years ago to save some of the early LMB threads from the old DCMB's from destruction. I currently have 19 threads up on the site with a bunch more saved to disk waiting to be archived.
Posted By: Princess Phantasma Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/04/04 06:37 PM
PrincessProjectra I stand corrected, sensei! Wanna spank me literally, as well as figuratively? And yes, I'll add the in the LMB Archives. PrincessProjectra
Posted By: Loser Lad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/04/04 06:57 PM
Thank you ma'am, and I'll take you up on that spanking sooner ot later... wink
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/04/04 07:29 PM
I'm also going to link some of the LMB Adventures entries to their appropriate threads, like Hot Summer Nights and DOOM of the Super-Heroes.
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/04/04 07:34 PM
I just have to say "WOW." Who knew there were such cool places to hang out here in Legionworld.
Posted By: Princess Phantasma Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/05/04 07:59 AM
PrincessProjectra Come on lovers of Thora! Write up her entries or she will flog you to within an inch of your cretinous lives! PrincessProjectra
Posted By: Myriad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/08/04 03:01 PM
I'd like to request entries on

The Brads

Crujectra's Administration Building

Founders' Day

Kid Prime's Room

The Statue of Thora of Taltar

Thora's Throneroom and/or Flogging Chamber

Thanks!
Posted By: Harbinger Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/08/04 07:28 PM
Thank you for adding Legion 35C to the list. Hopefully someone will actually read them all now lol

Bxx
Posted By: Myriad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/08/04 07:55 PM
Eventually, B. I'm going to hyperlink each story in the series as well. It's on my to do list!

I encourage all writers and artists of Legion World to post an entry for the LW Directory.

Writers should surmise the premise of their story in the entry.

And artists should provide some kind of backstory that "virtualizes" their entry. For example, Monkey-Eater Lad has the virtual institution, the Museum of Legion Arts. Perhaps Dean's Legion Black could be explained as an alternate earth's Legion.
Posted By: Myriad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/10/04 02:39 PM
I would appreciate entries or detailed information on the following:

The Brads

Britonopolis, the futuristic city and possible LMB HQ

Founders' Day

Kid Prime's Room

The LMBV

MEL: TS

The Primary Color Gang

Posted By: Abin Quank Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/10/04 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Mrs C B H.I.V.E.:
Thank you for adding Legion 35C to the list. Hopefully someone will actually read them all now lol

Bxx
B, you are quite the shameless self-promoter, aren't you?

BUT! I agree! Everyone should be reading your Fabulous Stories! (And Numfie's Insanity, And Cobie's Narcissistic Dreams, and Future's Movie Adaption, And Viv's Alternate LMBP Tales, and... Let's not forget the tons of amazing artwork in Bits.)

Jeepers! I could go on and on...
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/10/04 03:29 PM
Let the motion be thirded! There is so much good stuff going on in Bits that people who haven't checked it out will be amazed!

Abin & B: Maybe we should do a Bits directory over there sometime? Similar to the one here in the MMB with lists and links to all the stories and artwork? I bet Dean and Grey would help too (the other mods). It could be a work in progress, and we could all add stuff at our leisure...

Jeepers, Miss T! You've really got the ball rolling with this idea smile !
Posted By: Myriad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/10/04 03:51 PM
That sounds great Cobie but I still want Bits entries in the Legion World Directory. It's the LEGION WORLD Directory, not just the MMB's.

The premise I see is that the Directory explains the virtual places and things of Legion World. Legion 35C is an example of Legion World's literature and thus gets an entry.

So should MEL: TS and LMB: The Movie and bunches of others.

If you guys feel there should be a separate Bits Directory, though, that's cool. Can't have too many hyperlinks as far as I'm concerned.

And I can't say this enough because I really believe it: The Directory is a tiny little tribute to the beautiful, imaginative playscape that lives in the hearts and minds of LW posters.
Posted By: Abin Quank Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/10/04 03:51 PM
Cobie, a while back you came up with the idea of breaking the Ongoing thread into several different Onevisions...

Maybe we could revive that idea... And finish off the 27 different dangling plotlines in there? lol

But how do we turn a story that had several different writers contributing to it into a OneVision? Who decides which posts belong in which storyline? (and who besides you, Numf, IB, and me has ever read the entire thread)
Posted By: Myriad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/10/04 09:37 PM
I'm hoping that I will get entries for the LW Directory for the following works:

Faraway Lad's Onevision - Empresses, Kings, and Heroes?

Lash's Trash Lass, Girl Garbage Collector: The Series, (Lash AND EDE's) MEL: TS, DOOMED GAY ROMANCE: TS

Future's Onevision - LMBP: The Movie and LMB Bumper Stickers

Viv's Legion of Message Board Super-Heroes

Greybird's Solace in a Stellar Night

Loser's Gallery

Star Boy's Legion Park and Legion of Simpsons Heroes.

VtM's L.E.G.I.O.N. '04

Cobie's The LMB Untold Tale: The Wedding of Cobalt and Spacey and the SMB of Earth-4

EDE's 21st Century Legion

Gina Robotgirl's Chibi Legionnaires

Dean's Black Vinyl Legion

and a write-up for The Ongoing LMBP Tag Team Thread
Posted By: Harbinger Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/11/04 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Abin Quank:

Jeepers! I could go on and on...
Really?? Can't say that I'd noticed

lol

love ya Chuck

Bxx
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/11/04 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Cobie, a while back you came up with the idea of breaking the Ongoing thread into several different Onevisions...

Maybe we could revive that idea... And finish off the 27 different dangling plotlines in there? lol

But how do we turn a story that had several different writers contributing to it into a OneVision? Who decides which posts belong in which storyline? (and who besides you, Numf, IB, and me has ever read the [b]entire
thread)[/b]
I think it's going to be a huge project for me, you, Numf and IB, but one I'm willing to embark on! You know, I bet there are tons of ideas that are just plain awesome that I can't even remember from the thread, since we were all on a creative rampage throughout it. I think Numf's stories might be a little easier to pull out, but IB, yours and mine are more interconnected.

Too bad IB doesn't seem to be around as much, he usually had the enthusiasm to go through the thread smile

Maybe we can try and go through it once again and split it up into arcs. Maybe we could also force Hardy Har Binger to help us...? laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/11/04 11:59 PM
Don't forget I'm looking for more info on the following:

The Brads

Britonopolis, the futuristic city and possible LMB HQ

Founders' Day

Kid Prime's Room

The LMBV

The Primary Color Gang

Posted By: the boy with UltraPowers Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/13/04 09:47 AM
hope you don't mind me posting a reply !!??

this is such an amazing thread, it's so great for new members to find out what's happened so far on "LEGION WORLD" .....

and it was a nice reminder for me, too !!

Matthew.

Ultra-Matt, do you mind if I move this post down to the Legion World Directory discussion thread? No biggie, I just wanted to keep this thread free of extra posts, since it's gonna wind up kind of being the official road map to Legion World, I think!
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/13/04 07:37 PM
Kid Prime's Room: The very first piece of real estate on the Mission Monitor Board, this is Kid Prime's living space here at Legion World. Though Transformers talk is always served here on the menu, this is a place to relax and hang with Kid Prime and his pals, which include everyone posting here, of course!
Posted By: Reboot Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/13/04 08:36 PM
The Statue of Thora of Taltar: Currently being sold in small pieces on eBay for infinitesemal sums.

Thora's Throneroom: Where the Biggest Cretin of them All tries to claim everyone else are cretins tongue
Posted By: Morningstar Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/13/04 09:54 PM
LOL! If Thora, or someone in her staid, doesn't refute your entries Reboot, I may just enter them verbatim. *tee hee*
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/14/04 01:07 AM
Then you'd be asking for a flogging, Misty.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/15/04 05:08 PM
Thora doesn't flog women. But she flogs the stew out of men.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/15/04 05:09 PM
But has she flogged the Stu out of them?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/15/04 05:32 PM
Is that a clu?
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/15/04 08:48 PM
hey Miss T. Just updated the ole Sno-Cone Lounge.

It is the Vudoo Lounge now! Come by tonight. You can join me in my private fire pit. We can have some hot toddys allnight. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/16/04 06:02 AM
Okies.

Lots of new stuff in the Directory and more to come.

Applaud my efforts, people! I worked hard and my ego needs stroking!!!
Posted By: Loser Lad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/16/04 06:08 AM
You've really done an awesome job with the Directory Misty. It was much needed, and I don't think anybody could have or would have put the time and effort into it that you have. And I'm not just saying that because you told me to. I mean it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/16/04 06:20 AM
A kiss for sweet Lou!
Posted By: Loser Lad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/16/04 06:21 AM
smile
Posted By: Jetta Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/16/04 08:38 AM
This is Terry:

Darblieds, the realm of the dark: "It's cold, the dirt and roads are black. The trees are black. The sky is purple." This place has a special story: "His name was Darblieds. He was the epitome of evil. Goodness fought against him. They destroyed his form, his power of evil lived on in the hearts of all living. When his body was destroyed, it created this dimension, ions ago." This dark realm was where SorceressMorgause hid Opal Janell (HighPriestessViviane's daughter). SorceressMorgause recently ended the life of HighPriestessViviane, the result which cause Viviane's energies to allow sunlight to shine.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/16/04 09:11 PM
Read the updated entries. Marvel at the cleaner, easier to view format. Post new entries to be included.

laugh
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: LW Directory Assistance - 10/18/04 07:12 AM
Hey, I just remembered a story I wrote over a year ago called "Mr. Naltor." I just re-read it, and if I may say so, it was pretty good! Heh!
http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000054;p=1
© Legion World