Legion World
Posted By: Angra Metternich INVASION - 08/29/06 07:38 PM
<Soliders march through the streets>

Hrykosian High Commander: "Legion World Citizens are to be arrest on sight. Members of the Legion of Message Board Posters are to be executed without question."

<cruisers float by overhead>

The Invasion had begun!

<the resistance begins. War is at hand>
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 08/29/06 07:48 PM
Ambassador Angra Metternich: "I have done my duty, commanders. Upon the sacking of this city I will be named Magistrate and be given my rights to rule as I see fit here."

<Soldiers begin creating large clusters of areas on Legion World to act as make-shift military encampments>
Posted By: Re-Bots Re: INVASION - 08/29/06 07:56 PM
*a thousand Re-Bots hover above the encampments, speaking as one*

Not so fast. We can't let you do that.
Posted By: Pagan Lass Re: INVASION - 08/29/06 08:13 PM
<Pagan Lass, with Stoopid Cat sitting on her shoulder, appears in a shimmering burst of scarlet light>

I agree, Re-Bots. Ambassador, your "Rule" is already Over!

A shimmering field of mystic energy begins enveloping all the Dark Oval Stormtroopers.
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 08/29/06 08:14 PM
<as thousands of more troops make their way to Legion World, the ground troops begin attacking the Re-Bots>

Pinnacle Command: "The technology we're facing is impressive, but we have our own Dominion technology to help us. Tacticians estimate a 95% of us winning this battle, albeit with heavy casualties. Proceed as planned."
Posted By: Re-Bots Re: INVASION - 08/29/06 08:25 PM
*while 996 Re-Bots fly into the spaceport, four Re-Bots Reboot into giant flying drills and head straight at the Oval/Dominion command ship*
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 08/29/06 09:12 PM
Infra-Red Lass: Now this is what we came to this world for!

Openly Gay Lad: I think it's time for some of these invaders to go away! <Opens a portal in front of twenty soldiers who march into it into another dimension>

<Rockhopper Lad takes the hand of the trans-dimensional duplicate of his sister> RhL:Ready?

Rockhopper Lass: Ready!

Both: Freeze! <200 ground troops are cryogenically frozen>

RhLad: But they keep coming!
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: INVASION - 08/29/06 09:40 PM
<Throws an beer bottle filled with explosive liquid at the invading army, detonating several particularly ugly troopers>

This is what you get for forcing us to drink domestic....
Posted By: Phineas B. Fuddle Re: INVASION - 08/29/06 09:57 PM
<cheers on various LMBers and allies from sidelines>

Like Reboot and Spellbinder, the battle with Superboy Prime has weakened me far too much to be of any use...but I can at least offer support whereever its needed!

We'll need to start gathering at some rallying point to organize our strike back against the Dark Oval--but at the same time, we shouldn't let up or they might gain too much ground.

But Actor Lad's building is in ruins and is far too obvious a target...

<leans against wall>

I'm far too weak for all this effort.

<walks on...>
Posted By: The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar Re: INVASION - 08/29/06 10:33 PM
<sees two children crossing the street>

Come away from there little ones!

<pulls them to the side>

Well crap. This is pretty much the last thing I wanted...

<runs down a side street>

I'm going to have to salvage something out of this situation...
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 08/29/06 10:49 PM
*facing 10 enemy soldiers*

Hello gentlemen and ladies! Welcome to Legion World!

During an invasion of questionable legality
Let us forego senseless violence and brutality
Fight no more
and end this war
Come and partake of Legion World hospitality

*A table filled with fine food, rich desserts, and ice cold pitchers of Aunt Ida's Special Lemonade magically appears. The soldiers stare at the feast. Several lick their lips. Finally one takes off his helmet, puts down his weapon, sits down, and begins to eat & drink. The leader of this squad yells for him to get back here, but more of the men sit down. Eventually the leader shrugs and joins her men.

all the seats appear taken but as more soldiers approach, room is always found. Quislet, Esq joins in encouraging people to try the whoopie pies.*
Posted By: SharkLad Re: INVASION - 08/29/06 11:51 PM
<eats a bunch of ugly troopers>
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 12:32 AM
Pop! Boom! Pop!

[the combatants look up in the sky to see where the faint sounds of battle are coming from.]

{small bright explosions of light and falling stars can be seen across the sky in the general direction of the space port}

(the remaining LegionWorlders here a staticy message come from their flight rings)

"Attention all remaining Legionaires. This is Disaster Boy aboard the Grand Central Space Port. I am dealing with the ships in orbit and the occupying forces of the space station. Their ground troops can expect little support. Give em hell. Disaster Boy Out"
Posted By: .. Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 03:57 AM
<dedman appears in a cloud of darkness>

OK you tinpot soldiers, now you see my nasty side!!!

<With that Dedman trusts his arms forward, and his darkness envelops hundreds enemy soldiers.
2 seconds pass, then three, then four. After 5 dedman draws his arms back.
The soldiers who were enveloped are lying on the ground, babbling in horror>

Welcome to the Poltergiest Area boys. Hope you liked it.
Posted By: ActorLad Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 04:29 AM
*suddenly the most pimped-out of Space-Cruisers imaginable appears and out steps a towering well-dressed creature*

Now you mooks think you can try to invade my man Actor's space? That ain't gonna happen!

*Bada-Bing Bada-Doomsday starts breaking the bad guys limbs effortlessly leaving crumpled piles of troops*

*Actor Lad arrives at the scene*

I tried to be polite and cordial to you all but now it's time to pay the piper!
Posted By: matlock Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 12:51 PM
Whoo, ActorLad joins the fray!!!

Quislet has his hospitality - here's some Security Office hospitality!!!

<<Unleashes Dangerously Hot Coffee vision>>

No sugar tonight in your coffee!!!
Posted By: Maxx the Sorcerer Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 03:02 PM
Meanwhile, at LMBP Plaza...

<Crusader, Crujectra and Maxx arrive at the Medical Center with the still-comatose Cobalt Kid. As they are entering the building, an assault ship lands in the garden, and troops start pouring out>

You two get Cobie inside. I'll try to hold these guys off until the Plaza Guard get here!

<As the Royal Twins hurry inside with Cobalt Kid, Maxx taps the leyline that runs beneath LMBP Plaza. Raw magical energy fills him. Arms moving in sweeping gestures, he shouts out an incantation. Suddenly, the ground beneath the troops begins to liquify, and the attackers begin to sink as if in quicksand>

Gotta love leyline magic smile
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 03:35 PM
<Lard lad 'ports inside the Medical Center just after Maxx has entered after casting the spell>

Here! Someone help, Danger Boy!

<puts DB on stretcher>

Now, which way did they take Cobalt?
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 03:57 PM
<Spellbinder sits at Cobalt Kid's bedside, holding his hand tenderly, her head dropping wearily. She suddenly feels a presence and turns to see four armed aliens materializing within the room>

No!

<As the soldiers raise their weapons to fire, Crujectra raises one hand toward them, the other hand never leaving Cobalt Kid's. Her power surges, and the intruders are flung backward out of the room, hitting the outer corridor wall with a thud>

[speaking into her comlink] Crujectra to Nightcrawler! Activate the scrambler shield! There are troops teleporting into the Plaza! [/speaking into her comlink]

<Spellbinder slumps wearily back into her chair>

What on earth is wrong with me? Why do I feel so weak?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 04:19 PM

<Cobalt continues on the brink of death. Unknown to Crujectra, the two have become so linked that he is now using her energy to keep himself alive, in order to attempt to use his own healing powers to save himself. But he’s failing…she’s keeping him alive, but he won’t wake up from the coma…>

<Cobalt continues to bleed and convulse…>
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 04:24 PM
Ambassador Angra Metternich: “Hrykosian High Commander Valos. How does the battle go?”

Hrykosian High Command: “It goes, Ambassador. This Legion is quite powerful and we’re suffering heavily. But our troops are numerous and are only beginning to breach Legion World. They have yet to see one third of our full mobilized army, and the sheer numbers alone will shock them into submission. They are currently unaware that we have begun a full invasion into the United Planets as well.”

Pinnacle Command: “The Dominion is prepared to have our own soldiers breach Legion World. Using what we could from Superboy Prime, we’ve engineered troops to have a strong degree of invulnerability and enhanced strength. They also emit a fire vision from their eyes, but most end up burning their own heads off. It is no matter though. They die in the name of the Dark Oval and that is glorious enough for any soldier. We will proceed as planned. Let the cannon-fodder fall first, and then the ‘Prime Troopers’ will move in.”

Ambassador Angra Metternich: “Excellent. Soon I will claim my title as Magistrate. Have them begin setting fire to all the food storage. I want to starve them out as well.”
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 04:27 PM
<Lard Lad runs to the hallway where Cobalt's room is>

<more troops are there and about to burst in the room>

<with a wave of his hand, Lard Lad 'ports them outside the Medical center's perimeter>

Hmmm...I'd better fortify the perimeter until they put up the scrambler shield.

<a Lard Force shield surrounds the Medical Center>

<Looks in Cobalt's door>

Oh, no...
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 04:44 PM
<wordlessly enters Cobalt's room, Spellbinder's gaze never leaves Cobalt though she knows Lard Lad's there.>

<reaches out with Lard Force to Cobalt>

[whispers]gods, no...I can't help him. Des...Des is going to die...[/whisper]

<sinks into chair, weeps with hands over face>
Posted By: Phineas B. Fuddle Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 04:47 PM
*Back on the streets of Legion World*

At last I'm starting to regain some strength!

<suddenly sees what he believes to be a ghost of Faraway Lad>

What the--? Greetings Faraway Lad!

<It fades, but whispers something to him. Liberty Monkey checks his pockets>

During the battle...Spellbinder was holding Cobalt Kid, but he meant to hand her something...at the same time Reboot and the Spectre attacked...she dropped it...

<finds piece of paper he absent-mindedly picked up>

The Therod Protocols? Involving Faraway Lad? And...Whordru?

<hops away>

Perhaps this can save our noble ambassador to Faraway Lands?
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 05:04 PM
Wonderful there's been a prison break. There's always a prison break.

After this is over Everyday Girl must me made 'Chief of Corrections' on the principle No live Prisoners, No Prison Breaks.
Posted By: The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
<Throws an beer bottle filled with explosive liquid at the invading army, detonating several particularly ugly troopers>

This is what you get for forcing us to drink domestic....
<Dark Oval soldiers hurry after Tamper Lad>

Tamper Lad, duck!

<Space Ranger fires and blasts all three soldiers through the chest. His blaster is set to kill>

Looks like war makes strange bedfellows...

Tell me, Tamper Lad...what do you think the chances are that Actor Lad or Kent Shakespeare might consider forgeting about that whole antagonistic-subversive bit of mine...?

<runs down back alley>

Or Everyday Girl for that matter...?
Posted By: The Crusader Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 05:23 PM
Meanwhile, on a busy Legionnopolis street...

<Dark Oval troops move down the main avenue, laser rifles firing indiscriminately as terrified citizens try to escape them.>

[Male Citizen 1]: Run! The end is near!

[Female Citizen 1]: Can no one help us?

<Suddenly, a shadow moves across the street, and the frightened citizens gaze upward, afraid that another Dark Oval ship has moved in for the attack>

[Male Citizen 2]: Look! It's the LMBP!

<The belly hatch of the LMBP Cruiser opens, and several figures drop down as the cruiser begins it's landing procedures.

Hardshell the Turtle Boy lands before a group of children, his back to the soldiers. Their laser fire ricochets back off his shell as he protects the children.

Lightning Lad gestures wildly, lightning bolts raining down on the soldiers, causing them to break ranks.

Furball and Fat Cramer drop to the ground, deep growls issuing from them as they dash forward, razor-sharp claws slashing>

Looks like the Assault Ship is mine.

<The Crusader stretches his arms outward, his telekinesis pulsing outward. Large chunks of debris rises from the ruins of buildings and highway. His arms sweep forward, and the debris become missiles, which crash into the side of the Assault Ship. It begins to falter under the attack, and slowly the alien vessel sinks to the ground as infantrymen from the Legion World Army rush forward to attack>
Posted By: Re-Bots Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 05:33 PM
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
<sinks into chair, weeps with hands over face>
So, are you happy yet? You got the war you wanted, enjoy it.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Space Ranger (Dark Oval Sector):
Tell me, Tamper Lad...what do you think the chances are that Actor Lad or Kent Shakespeare might consider forgeting about that whole antagonistic-subversive bit of mine...?

<runs down back alley>

(appears)

I don't think Actor or Kent are likely to forget Everyday Girl anytime soon. Ha!

<span style="font-size: 10px;">You aren't funny. And watch our left.</span>

(OM gestures, and a round of approaching gunfire fades and then appears above the enemy soldiers, striking them down.)

See? I'm just as good as you ever....I, I mean that was pretty cool.

<span style="font-size: 10px;">Let me out.</span>

I didn't hear anything.
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 06:05 PM

<Spellbinder sits quietly at Cobalt Kid's side, eyes closed. Suddenly, she feels a presence and turns to look to the door. A kind looking young man enters, his costume glittering with starlight and his long cape swirling out behind him. She breathes a sigh of relief>

Galadhran!

<Galadhran crosses the sickbay to kneel beside her. He wraps one arm around the princess' shoulders, and he reaches out and gently lays the other hand on Cobalt Kid's arm>

[Galadhran]: How are you holding up, Crujectra?

Oh Shanton... I'm so worried. I've been trying to reach out to him through the rapport we share, but he feels so far away...

[Galadhran]: You must be strong for him, Crujectra. He'll find his way back to you... you MUST believe that.

<Sighs heavily> But I'm so tired, Shanton...

[Galadhran]: Maybe I can help with that.

<Galadhran closes his eyes, and reaches out with his empathy. He can feel the princess' fear and despair, and he draws them away from her and into himself. The anxiety that was weighing so heavily on her fades away. She sits up a little straighter in her chair and smiles>

Thanks, sweetie. You always did have a way of making me feel better. Can you stay with me awhile?

[Galadhran]: I won't leave you, Princess smile
Posted By: The Crusader Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 06:13 PM
Meanwhile, on a busy Legionnopolis street...

<Dark Oval troops rampage through the streets, causing destruction wherever they go as citizens flee before them. Suddenly, a costumed young man steps out into the street, standing silently between the troops and their intended victims. As the troops take aim to fire, the man opens his mouth wide, and the air is shattered with a thunderous whining sound>

[Midnight Son]: Waaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

<Windows shatter as Midnight Son unleashes his sonic whine on the soldiers, who drop to their knees as their eardrums rupture>

[Chips Ahoy Boy]: Way to go, Son!

<Down on one knee, Chips Ahoy Boy reached out and huge streams of cookie dough burst from his hands, covering the quivering soldiers. He then opens his mouth and uses his fire breath to cook the dough into a huge cookie prison>

[Kid Psychout]: Now those are some bigass chocolate morsels, CABoy! Mind if I borry some? I need more ammo smile
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 06:21 PM
<There is a momentary calm in the area where Rockhopper Lad and the SMBers have been fighting>

Openly Gay Lad: Rocky, can we talk?

RhL: Of course, if you'll all excuse us.

OGL: Look, I don't know what's going to happen here and I don't know, if we make it through, how we can ever make it work between us, but...

RhL: I know.

OGL: I've been in love with you since we met. I know it's silly. I thought you were your evil double, but there was something about you. The way you made that ice sculpture of Orlando Bloom. I knew there was something special.

RhL: I know. I feel it too, but I can't leave my duties here and you can't leave yours.

OGL: You're royalty and you have official duties. I'm an orphan. The SMB is my life. I could just as well make the LMB...

RhL (very distressed): Dywh help me, I'm awful at this. Look, the invaders could be back at any time. We should have a long talk about this later.

OGL: All right. And if I go back to my world?

RhL: We'll always have Legionnopolis.

<They kiss>
Posted By: Phineas B. Fuddle Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 08:05 PM
<Liberty Monkey hops around the corner to see this touching display.>

(Odd is it not, that Rockhopper Lad has found someone special to him in such times of trouble? Perhaps its a sign that hope will overcome such terrible odds as we face.)

<hops away again>

Though I am sure we'll meet up at some resistance gathering, less we allow our dis-organization to be the ruin of us all, I must now hurry away to see if I can restore the noble Faraway Lad to this realm!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 08:14 PM
--LMB Headquarters---

To: Actor Lad (LMB Leader), Kent Shakespeare (LMB Deputy Leader), Spellbinder

LMBers, though you haven't heard from many of us, know that the LMB as a whole is assembling throughout the universe. At this time, the United Planets has been struck by a three-pronged invasion by the Dark Oval, and all-out war has begun. Apparently, the Dark Oval has been quietly invading in more obscure sectors of the United Planets for weeks!

Here, at Weber's World, a small gathering of us has begun. Iron Rat, Raging Bull, Space Tart, Sonnie Bloke, Icefyre and Shady are here with me and we are leading the attack with the UP fleets.

Already, Stately Wayne Manor Eater Lad has eaten the Dark Oval base. Duplicate Man's powers have been excellent in re-building the dormant UP army.

Unfortuately, that means no help is coming anytime soon, so be strong. We're hearing that Khundia is even on the move and Ggrrgg has taken this opportunity to invade their neighbors and re-start the 'Long Three Way War' (no word on any plans to invade Psyonia again though Princess).

Best of luck!

Sweet Ass Sweet!

- Dev-Em (Anchor Boy)
Weber's World
Posted By: The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
[b]Tell me, Tamper Lad...what do you think the chances are that Actor Lad or Kent Shakespeare might consider forgeting about that whole antagonistic-subversive bit of mine...?

<runs down back alley>

(appears)

I don't think Actor or Kent are likely to forget Everyday Girl anytime soon. Ha!

<span style="font-size: 10px;">You aren't funny. And watch our left.</span>

(OM gestures, and a round of approaching gunfire fades and then appears above the enemy soldiers, striking them down.)

See? I'm just as good as you ever....I, I mean that was pretty cool.

<span style="font-size: 10px;">Let me out.</span>

I didn't hear anything.[/b]
*jumps back, pulls blaster*

Easy there! You can't just pop out of thin air like that, you'll startle someone! I guess that's the point though...

Outdoor Miner, isn't it? I'm quite familiar with the LMB's files.

Perhaps you might be able to help me get on someone in authority's good side...

<sees Outdoor Miner chugging three beers in the middle of a war>

...hm...maybe not.

Still, your teleportation might mix well with my willingness to gun down my enemies in cold blood.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 09:01 PM
<Lard Lad runs to the hallway where Cobalt's room is>

<Looks in Cobalt's door>

Oh, no...
HERE YOU ARE!!! I had the Space Port securred! This whole war's because of you!

[grabs LardLad and pushes him towards the hall. Shouting to Dark Oval troops ]

"Take him. Take him and just leave."
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 08/30/06 10:53 PM
*Quislet, Esq is talking to one of the Dark Oval soldiers. A ring of chocolate encircles her mouth.*

That is interesting. Let me see if I can get you in contact with someone who could make use of that information.

So that we may gain an upperhand
and end this mischief evilly planned
Let magic guide
far and wide
This communique to those in command

*A shimmering circle appears and the images of Cobalt Kid on a hospital bed with Spellbinder holding his hand appears. Also in the room is Lardlad. Also (on split screen) is Reboot and Disaster Boy.*

Hey everyone! I think I might have some help here. This is Commander Helena Handbasket, formerly of the Dark Oval. She and her troops (and more soon) have tasted Legion World hospitality and have decided to help defend Legion World. Commander Handbasket will provide you with technical information to disable the Dark Oval Ships here and those attacking the United Planets. She has some of the tactical plans. Her troops will help defend Legion World. And as more of the Dark Oval troops sample my hospitality, more will switch to help us. *I wave back and those on the other end can see hundreds of Dark Oval troops eating and drinking at an ever expanding table as more troops sit down to partake.*

I'll let Commander Handbasket talk to you while I go make sure there is plenty of Aunt Ida's Special Lemonade.
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 12:49 AM
In another part of Legion World, Liberty Monkey is swinging through the trees of one of the many small parks that dot all of the central area. In happier times this was a blissful oasis of calm in a bustling and colourful city. Now the park and its surrounding streets lay still and quiet, the trees blasted withered and torn after the Dark Oval troops had passed by.

“Now where would he put it” said Liberty Monkey, sitting down on a branch and scratching as he thought.

In a small corner of the park, a figure shimmered into view. It was Faraway Lad

“Faraway” shouted Liberty Monkey. “I thought Whordru’s spell had rescued you”

“Not so my friend” said a faint voice. “I was almost through the vortex when the attack came and disrupted the spell. I am still stuck in a battle at the end of time”

click to enlarge

Faraway looked worried, “Here it is even worse as the Time mouse trapper has me stuck in a giant time wheel, and I must relive over and over again the agonies of dying in battle, killed by the most barbarous weapons, something called “grapeshot”, and then resurrected to do it all again the next day”

click to enlarge

He looked at Calamity Monkey “The magical backlash caused when Whordru’s spell was broken means I can now only return via the Therod Protocol, using her as the conduit”

Calamity Monkey shuddered as he knew this would be an especially tricky manoeuvre especially as Faraway Lad had no shrinking powers.

“But I am more worried by reports that Cobalt is injured and at deaths door” continued Faraway “ You must find the last few bottles of Povs pint. Given them to him, they brought me back from near death I hope they can do the same for him”

“But if you don’t get a daily drink then you too will die” said CM.

“I’m dying every date trapped here” snapped Faraway, “Cobalt is my friend and he needs this. Do it and do it quickly. When I get back I can always get some more brewed up from the magical lands”

With that Calamity Monkey saw the small bottles lying in a ruined building.

click to enlarge

Picking up the precious liquid he raced back to where Crujecktra stood guard over the comatose Cobalt Kid.
Posted By: The Crusader Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 02:39 AM
Meanwhile, on a faraway United Planets member world...

<The inhabitants of Tropica never dreamed that war could come to their peaceful world. They were never a warlike race, and were ill-prepared when the Dark Oval attacked their planet. Even the Science Police and handfull of UP Militia stationed on the planet seemed to be of little use.

And then the LMBP arrived>

[Series5Ranger]: Go LMBP! For freedom!

<Series5Ranger dropped into the midst of a platoon of Dark Oval soldiers, never once giving a thought to his own safety. He trusted that his power to adapt his genetic code to handle any type of threat would protect him. Of course, clairvoyance doesn't hurt either>

[Thanagarian]: S5R, would it kill you to look before you leap <Thanagarian swoops down into the battle, wings outstretched and battle axe swinging deftly>
Posted By: The Crusader Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 02:46 AM
Meanwhile, on a faraway United Planets member world...

[Cookie Monstress]: God, I've missed being in action!

<Cookie Monstress reached out and grabbed a Dark Oval tank, her muscles bulging as she lifted it up over her head and casually threw it down the street>

[White Raven]: I know the feeling, CM. I'm afraid that I haven't been able to return to regular active duty lately. I've missed this.

<White Raven grabbed the arms of two startled soldiers and with a mighty beat of her wings lifted them up into the air>

[Omega Man]: Save some for me, ladies!
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 04:01 AM
Note: The following must have happened between the post quoted from me below and the one where Lard Lad enters Cobalt's room:

Originally posted by Disaster Boy:
[b]<Lard Lad runs to the hallway where Cobalt's room is>

<Looks in Cobalt's door>

Oh, no...
HERE YOU ARE!!! I had the Space Port securred! This whole war's because of you!

[grabs LardLad and pushes him towards the hall. Shouting to Dark Oval troops ]

"Take him. Take him and just leave." [/b]
<In an act of sheer anger, Lard Lad teleported DB and the Dark Oval troops back to the Space Port, then entered Cobalt's room.>
Posted By: .. Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 04:02 AM
On the streets of LegionWorld...

<Dedman stands alone, a long line of fallen dak Oval soldiers before him. They are all huddled in fear, their eyes vacant and blank>

I can't do this much longer, sending these guys to the Poltergeist Area is wearing me out. I need some support.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 04:09 AM
Elsewhere, in parts unknown, Loser Lad watches the news feeds on his Omnicom...

"Oh, lord...Lardy, Jeckie...Cobalt, I just can't believe it. I know you can't hear me guys, but my heart's right there with you. If I could, I would be there, but right now...it's..impossible.

Just please, please, make it through this..."
Posted By: Re-Bots Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 04:15 AM
Three Re-Bots fly over to dedman:

Here...

An anvil's black and shiny
It's very heavy too
So watch out, our evil friends
Or one will fall on you!

*LegionWorld starts to rain anvils on the Dark Oval troops*
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 04:18 AM
Meanwhile, Lard Lad remains seated frozen in place in Cobalt's room. He is in a state of catatonia, his mind totally shut down under the extreme pressure weighing on it.
Posted By: .. Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 04:21 AM
Thanks Reboot...where-ever you are!!!

<a slightly rested dedman begins combing the streets of legionworld for other LMBers {or the SMB}>
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 04:27 AM
<Spellbinder shifts slightly in her chair, turning just enough that Lardlad is no longer in her line of sight, not wishing to look upon the man she blames for Cobalt Kid's condition >

[telepathic link to Lardlad] Out of respect for Cobie, I will not make you leave this room. But you mark my words, Lardlad: if Cobalt Kid doesn't make it through this, there is nowhere in the universe where you can hide from me [/telepathic link to Lardlad]
Posted By: Re-Bots Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 04:49 AM
*Re-Bot suddenly appears, shaves LardLad, draws a handlebar moustache, goatee and spectacles on him in black permanent marker and teleports out before Spellbinder, who's been looking away the whole time, notices*
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 04:58 AM
Lard Lad neither 'hears' the telepathic communication, nor does he feel the Re-Bots as they prank him. He's totally out of it.
Posted By: Re-Bots Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 05:17 AM
*a different Re-Bot appears and takes in the scene*

PATHETIC.

Is this the same bucket of blubber that was going on to Reboot about "Sitting idly [before] the threat" ? Moaning because he had the brains to see that your stupid Emergency Powers Act wasn't going to do the slightest bit of good? And that he found out about your murdering and didn\'t cover it up like HIM ?

At least your accomplice, that pathetic idiot lying on the bed - sorry, Spellbinder - TRIED to put up a fight , even if trying to get bystanders out of the way would have been smarter. Where were you, when you were more of a power level to do something, while Reboot and Spellbinder were trying to stop the Kryptonian manic? Stuffing your face? Getting your thirty pieces of silver from the Oval for giving them an excuse to start this?

Pathetic.

*turns to Spellbinder*

Cru, if you're up to it, we could use you out there. I know, but we know the first rule of the LMBP is and will always be that Cobalt Kid will sire more enemies of LW, so obviously he'll survive.

See you out there.

*teleports out*
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 05:41 AM
*jumps back, pulls blaster*

Easy there! You can't just pop out of thin air like that, you'll startle someone! I guess that's the point though...

Outdoor Miner, isn't it? I'm quite familiar with the LMB's files.

Perhaps you might be able to help me get on someone in authority's good side...

<sees Outdoor Miner chugging three beers in the middle of a war>

...hm...maybe not.

Still, your teleportation might mix well with my willingness to gun down my enemies in cold blood.
It's OK, its non-alcoholic. I don't drink anymore.

<span style="font-size: 10px;">I'd kill for a three-fer right now.</span>

Haven't seen anybody in authority around, or I'd try to help you out there.

<span style="font-size: 10px;">Oooh, aren't we the samaritan. Maybe you should apply that to LW's civilians instead, huh?</span>

I am! I mean, I think....I should go help some of LW's civilians now.

(disappears)
Posted By: The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 05:55 AM
(Odd...it appears that this one is at war with himself. Perhaps one of the powerful telepaths of Legion World could look into it? Ha! As if they'd ever forgive me...)

Okay Miner, lets get going...I need you to teleport me across town and start a search...for Actor Lad or Kent Shakespeare, or even better, Everyday Girl...
Posted By: Seth Gaterra Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 06:14 AM
Seth finally gets through to the Medical Center, and slumps back on one of the beds. "Don't bother... with painkillers. No effect... on me." he manages.

~Abyss, I hate being so helpless at a time like this!~ he thinks.
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 06:18 AM
Joeboy Stumbles into the Medical Centre, Beer in hand and a glassy look in his eyes.

"Hey guys Ive just ported down from Fourecks and there seems to be some kind of war on. just thought you should know. "

He notices Cobalt Kid

"What's wrong with Des? he looks kinda...dead. well Deadish. ooh I know!"

He turns Towards the Comatose Cobalt Kid...Arms Outstretched

"SHAZAM!"
Lightning leaps from his hands Striking Cobalt Kid. His Body Convulses then Stops. Des Sits up.

"Oooh....I dont think I could do that twice"
Joeboy falls to the ground...unconcious.
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 02:46 PM
Unfortunately Joe boys lightning blasts have shattered the bottles of life giving elixir held by Calamity Monkey (or at least that’s what he said later as to the watching LardLad it looked more like the monkey tripped on entering the room and accidentally dropped them)

Cobalt Kid, deprived of the famed life giving brew of Pov’s Pint, fell back into his Princesses arms and relapsed into a coma once more.

Meanwhile on the mean streets of Legion World…..
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 03:10 PM
Streets of Legion World

<Hrykosian Red Guard moves forward, continually destroying all in its path. The goal: the conquest of LMBP Plaza, the burning of the LMBP Archives and Declaration, and the replacement of the LMBP flag with the Dark Oval's flag.>

<'Prime Guards' move forward--each one displaying astonishing super-strength, invulnerability and some even raw heat vision, all based on Superboy Prime's DNA>

--------------------

The Legion World Aqua-Plant

<The Dominion soldiers advance forward, hoping to gain control, to unleash Biological Agent QX, hoping to poison the remaining sectors of Legionnopolis into submission.>

Pinnacle Command: "Proceed. Though Biological Agent QX remains relatively untested, we are aware that it creates an intense radioactive burning that most terrestrials native to the United Planets cannot handle. If possible, capture as many Legion World children as possible for further testing."

-----------------

Country Side

<While the war in the city rages, the vast planetside of Legion World begins seeing the endless supply of invaders approaching. Farms are burnt. Civilans rounded up.>

<An emissary is sent to the Gorilla Tribe of Legion World, in the jungle sectors>

-----------------

Dark Oval Encampment

Angra Metternich: "It is official. By the power vested in High Command of the Hrykosians and Pinnacle Command of the Dominion, I have been named Magistrate of Legion World, contingent upon the defeat of its forces. All soldiers who show acts of courage, including the loss of life for the Dark Oval, will be honored in such a way that they will always be remembered."

<As the Durlan speaks, he/she pulls back her cloak, revealing red, fiery eyes. There is more to his/her power than a normal Durlan after all...>
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Re-Bots:
Three Re-Bots fly over to dedman:

Here...

An anvil's black and shiny
It's very heavy too
So watch out, our evil friends
Or one will fall on you!

*LegionWorld starts to rain anvils on the Dark Oval troops*
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
<There is a momentary calm in the area where Rockhopper Lad and the SMBers have been fighting>

Openly Gay Lad: Rocky, can we talk?

RhL: Of course, if you'll all excuse us.

OGL: Look, I don't know what's going to happen here and I don't know, if we make it through, how we can ever make it work between us, but...

RhL: I know.

OGL: I've been in love with you since we met. I know it's silly. I thought you were your evil double, but there was something about you. The way you made that ice sculpture of Orlando Bloom. I knew there was something special.

RhL: I know. I feel it too, but I can't leave my duties here and you can't leave yours.

OGL: You're royalty and you have official duties. I'm an orphan. The SMB is my life. I could just as well make the LMB...

RhL (very distressed): Dywh help me, I'm awful at this. Look, the invaders could be back at any time. We should have a long talk about this later.

OGL: All right. And if I go back to my world?

RhL: We'll always have Legionnopolis.

<They kiss>
Originally posted by The Crusader:
[b]Meanwhile, on a busy Legionnopolis street...

<Dark Oval troops rampage through the streets, causing destruction wherever they go as citizens flee before them. Suddenly, a costumed young man steps out into the street, standing silently between the troops and their intended victims. As the troops take aim to fire, the man opens his mouth wide, and the air is shattered with a thunderous whining sound>

[Midnight Son]: Waaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

<Windows shatter as Midnight Son unleashes his sonic whine on the soldiers, who drop to their knees as their eardrums rupture>

[Chips Ahoy Boy]: Way to go, Son!

<Down on one knee, Chips Ahoy Boy reached out and huge streams of cookie dough burst from his hands, covering the quivering soldiers. He then opens his mouth and uses his fire breath to cook the dough into a huge cookie prison>

[Kid Psychout]: Now those are some bigass chocolate morsels, CABoy! Mind if I borry some? I need more ammo smile [/b]
Though spread out over the city, a three-pronged attack begins upon the Re-Bots, the LMB Reserve and Rockhopper's squadron of SMBers. Orders are given to capture any if possible, but kill if capture is questionable.

<Two Re-Bots captured, though after tremendous loss of Dominator life. The other Re-bots plan on how to deal with this...>

*Prisoners are taken in: Openly Gay Lad, Midnight Son, Alternative Boy (aka Mightyfanboy Lad), Earth-4 Monkey-Eater Lad (the SMBer) and Cobalt Kid's origional Supergirl Robot (the second murdered long ago).*

<For now they are imprisoned, as Hrykosian High Command and Dominion Officer in charge of purging the streets argue over whether to execute or interogate...>
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 04:39 PM
<Rockhopper Lad, Rockhopper Lass and Infra-Red Lass come staggering up to Quislet Esq.'s table.>

Quis: Rockhopper! Are you okay? <They embrace>

RhLad: Quis! It was horrible! Invaders everywhere! They got Blaine! They got Openly Gay Lad! And the Earth-4 Monkey Eater Lad! I don't know about the others. I grabbed Adelie and Infra and we ran.

It was horrible! <begins to cry, then looks up> Are those Whoopie Pies?
Posted By: .. Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 05:57 PM
<Dedman comes stumbling around the corner. For a change it is weariness that makes him stumble and not drink>

Quis, Rocky, Rockhopper Lass, and Infra-Red Girl.....Finally I've found some allies.
The streets are a mess, there's soldiers everywhere. I don't know what else I can do.........
Posted By: Maxx the Sorcerer Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 06:13 PM
The Legion World Aqua-Plant

<As the Dominion soldiers advance on the Legion World Reservoir, they stop suddenly when they see two women standing on the shoreline>

[Dominion Captain]: Kill them. Two lowly women are no threat to the might of the Dominion's Finest!

<The woman on the right tosses back her fiery auburn hair and looks to her companion>

[Caliente]: Now see? Being a "highly intelligent" race does not mean that they aren't still ignorant.

<The woman on the left smiles, the spikes of her short white hair moving with the wind coming across the water of the reservoir>

[Frio]: Let's teach them a lesson in Girl Power.

<Frio stretches out her arms, her fingers splayed as she absorbs moisture from the water behind her. As the soldiers raise their weapons to fire, her arms suddenly sweep forward, her fingers pointed like weapons. Twins columns of ice blast from her hands, hitting the ground just at the soldiers' feet. Frio sweeps her arms back and forth, building the pile of ice upward, encasing the legs of her enemies.

Caliente leaps up into the air, held aloft by her flight ring, and suddenly bursts into flame. She streaks forward toward the enemy soldiers, a trail of flame following behind her. Even as Frio's ice is trapping them, Caliente begins flying in circles around them. The soldiers try to fire at her, but the heat from Caliente's passage is already beginning to melt the barrels of their guns, making them useless.

With the threat neutralized, Frio walks forward to join Caliente, who has depowered and landed before them>

[Caliente]: Welcome to the 31st Century, boys.

<Suddenly, a voice is heard from behind them>

[Dominion soldier]: For the Dominion!

<The two women spin around to see a soldier who they had missed, standing on the edge of the reservoir, and open case in his hands. He starts to pour the liquid into the water>

[Frio]: NO!

<Even as the poison begins to pour, a dark shadow moves quickly below the water's surface, crossing the reservoir at phenomenal speed. A split second before the Biological Agent QX hits the water, the water suddenly splashes up, deflecting the hazardous liquid back onto the soldier. The Dominion soldier begins to scream even as a man leaps up from beneath the water's surface>

[Seahorse]: You probably don't know me, girls, but I'm Seahorse, of the LMBP Reserve. It's a pleasure to meet you.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 06:57 PM
Dedman, Rockhopper Lad, Rockhopper lAss, & Infrared Lass,

Have a whoopie pie and a sip of Aunt Ida's. They will restore your energies. As you can see more and more of the Dark Oval troops are sitting down at my table. May I introduce Commander Helena Handbasket? *you see a strikingly beautiful woman in full battle gear. Her shiny auburn hair has been pulled into a ponytail. You can see intellegence and passion in her green eyes. An LW has been painted on the chestplate.* After partaking of my hospitality, Commander Handbasket and her troops have choosen to help defend Legion World. *you see other Dark Oval troopers painting LWs on their chestplates* She proposes leading a small band to the Dark Oval command post on Legion World and capturing the leaders. I need to stay here to make sure that the hospitality remains in effect and convert more of the Dark Oval troops. There are about 200 ready to defend Legion World and I think about another 300 partaking of my hospitality. Commander Handbasket wants to take 25 for her raid. I think one of you should go with Commander Handbasket and the rest lead these new Legion Worlders into battle.
Posted By: Reboot Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Ambassador Angra Metternich:
Though spread out over the city, a three-pronged attack begins upon the Re-Bots, the LMB Reserve and Rockhopper's squadron of SMBers. Orders are given to capture any if possible, but kill if capture is questionable.

<Two Re-Bots captured, though after tremendous loss of Dominator life. The other Re-bots plan on how to deal with this...>

*Prisoners are taken in: Openly Gay Lad, Midnight Son, Alternative Boy (aka Mightyfanboy Lad), Earth-4 Monkey-Eater Lad (the SMBer) and Cobalt Kid's original Supergirl Robot (the second murdered long ago).*
*995 Re-Bots congregate in the Great Hall of the Mainframe's Principal Office, with Reboot hovering before them*

Replicants, Re-Bots, the time has come. Two of your number have been captured, and three more are missing beyond my range - we must presume they are dead and have returned to the ether from which they were created. Now, though they do not have Glitch within their systems, they are almost as powerful as I and thus this situtation cannot continue..

Most of your number will return to LegionWorld's streets to continue the fight in groups of three, but I want one hundred and one volunteers to storm the prison where they are held and to retrieve them.

They think three ambushed Re-Bots gave them a fight they would never forget, so let us see how they take a prepared force of over a hundred!

*Re-Bots begin to rise into the air, led by the survivor of the ambush*
Posted By: The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 08:08 PM
<Outdoor Miner and Space Ranger of the Dark Oval suddely appear next to Quislet, Rockhopper Lad, Dedman, Rockhopper Lass and Helena Handbasket's troops>

At last, some others that haven't been captured yet!

<Ranger sees Dedman and Rockhopper move towards him in anger, and Quislet give him a distrusting look>

Legion Worlders, wait!

I have not been the most upfront or kind person to all of you, that I know. Hell, I haven’t actually been good at all. But I certainly didn’t want an invasion and mass death. And the Dark Oval troops are firing at me too.

Look…I have evidence that proves the Dark Oval masterminded this attack well before LardLad and Cobalt Kid ever crossed into the Dark Oval. That can prove in a galactic court that they are at fault. It doesn’t mean much, but certainly some of you respect the law enough to know this evidence should stand and be made galaxy-wide.

<looks at Quislet>

Perhaps…I can make a trade and give this evidence, and in turn be fully exonerated of all charges here on Legion World? I’m willing to help out against the Dark Oval invaders too, to do what I must to stop this. If I can have all charges wiped off my Legion World record and possibly be allowed to stay here on Legion World for a time…well, I have lots of evidence that can help. I might be able to even help your friends LardLad and Cobalt Kid. And I definitely have some coordinates involving the Dark Oval’s invasion plans that will be of use.

What do you say?

<suddenly notices Helena Handbasket>

Er, excuse me, miss…Grife, you’re beautiful…I, perhaps, I-I can help on your mission…?

<turns to Outdoor Miner>

This schizophrenic bug can vouch for my actions as of late…
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 08:24 PM
Space Ranger,

You should know that evidence cannot just be accepted at face value.

As far as I know there are currently no charges against you. No one here has the authority to grant you immunity or a pardon for any crimes you may have committed here on Legion World.

If you wish to aid Legion World during this invasion, then do so with no anticipation of reward like the first Space Ranger here on Legion World.
Posted By: The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 08:57 PM
Very well. I will do what I must, as I've committed no real crimes here.

But my evidence, upon examination, will prove to be real. I'll offer it freely. One fifth of the Dark Oval hired me to come here and prevent a war with the Hrykosians and Dominion (two other fifths) by capturing LardLad before hand if I could. But now that I've failed they'll surely want my death. But in their over-confidence they provided me with documents and recordings proving the Dark Oval had this planned out long ago.

Guess it doesn't really matter one way or the next. I don't subscribe to the ideals you all do, but I'll fight for more survival against these bastards...
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 09:09 PM
I don't subscribe to the ideals you all do ...
That is a pity and why I suspect that you won't be staying here much longer.
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 10:07 PM
A ghost image of Faraway Lad appears.

“Quislet? Quislet is that you? Damnation, this projector is damaged by the rain I am not sure if you are alone or not but I will have to take the risk” he says

“Quislet as the pre eminent legal mind on Legion World I think you need to know….

The image fades for a moment and returns

“…..ger is a mercenary, but an honest one. Once bought he stays bought. Use Diplomatic cost code 337/alpha/10 to transfer 100,000 Legion World)credits to his account (I think that equates to around 20,000,000,genarii and so allows him to repay his previous employers and turn a nice profit)

Faraway continues

“You need to go to the founders and remind them of the secret protocols I negotiated between ourselves and the Northern Barbarians, The Khudians and the far off Empire of Byzantium. Tell the founders to use the section 4, subsection III clauses 4,6 and 8 to instigate the mutual re insurance treaty and full military support clauses and instigate a full scale mobilisation of all fleets as we are going to need them to defeat the Dark Oval.
Posted By: Re-Bots Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 10:33 PM
*101 ghost-mode^ Re-Bots sneak into the Dark Oval base in search of their captive brethren*

^ - invisibility+intangibility
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 10:48 PM
<Leads a group of civilians to the refuge of the Supper Club, where they are to be entertained by a Flea Circus, Karaoke and the comic stylings of Thora of Taltar.>

That's right citizens of Legion World, your government has failed you yet again. Despite its large per capita spending on Cobalt Kid's millitary industrial complex.
Posted By: Kalla Hrykos Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 11:03 PM
[Whordru's fleet from Rudlab arrives in Legion World space. It immediately begins engaging the latest wave of Dark Oval warships.]

"Imminence, we have engaged the enemy...but tactically, they have the numbers. There's a good chance we will be overwhelmed!"

Fool! Captain...you forget that I will be out there, as well! Have faith in your Queen! We have pledged our support to Legion World, and they will not find us lacking!

"Yes Imminence! You will never let your royal subjects down."

Of course not!

[In a puff of smoke Whordru disappears. She reappears in the void of space and begins casting devastating spells against enemy ships.]
Posted By: Hrun the Barbarian Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 11:08 PM
Hrun enters the Supper Club. Seeing the large amount of money behind the bar, as Tamper makes a great deal of profit from the refugees, Hrun throws a few battle axes at the serving droids causing untold damage to the expensive woodwork and short circuiting the serving droids.

Scooping up the large amounts of loose cash and placing them in his pouch Hrun swings a punch at Tamper knocking him backwards despite his force field.

"free food and drink to all needy citizens" hrun crys and departs.

The hungry cold and frightened citizens of Legion World cheer Hrun and swarm towards Tampers private supply of luxury truffles and canapés and fine wines.
Posted By: Re-Bots Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 11:15 PM
*three Re-Bots appear*

Not that we don't agree with the basic thought Hrun, but there is such a thing as "More harm than good"... Reboot, so we think you'll find the suggestion to go fight the Oval until you can't stand up more compelling than any other thought rattling about in your tiny little brain, no?

*watches Hrun stumble directly out of the Club in search of Ovallers to fight*

Extr-or-dinary that something with such a small brain can even stand upright, no Tamper?, let alone break Sentinel-1 the way he did. Anyway, must be off...*

*Re-Bots teleport out*
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 11:17 PM
<Hummer Lass stirs from her hospital bed, where she's been since shortly after the Lair was destroyed.>

"Nurse!" she says. "Have you seen Lard Lad? Is...is he okay?"

"Ms. Goodwyfe, I'm sorry, but his friend, Cobalt Kid is dying--he's in the room down the hall. Lard Lad is with him. We're worried about him, too. He appears to be catatonic, just sitting there motionless in a chair..not responding to questions or, well, anything. We thought about moving him into another room of his own, but there are no beds."

"Oh, gods..that's horrible! Poor Lardy. Poor Cobalt! Can...can you take me to Lard Lad?"

"Ms. Goodwyfe, you are in pretty bad shape yourself--"

"I'll live, okay! I can't help Cobalt, but Lardy needs someone. I hear no one wants anything to do with him."

"Yes, dear...you're right. I'll see if I can find you a hoverchair..."
Posted By: Hrun the Barbarian Re: INVASION - 08/31/06 11:23 PM
Hrun stands in the street facing a large number of clone soldiers. Smiling manically, Hrun charges straight at them.

Singing songs of battle he fought gleefully. Clone soldiers fell before him like wheat before the reaper.

Eventually, the impossible happened and for the first time since the invasion, Dark Oval soldiers faltered, hesitated and then broke. Running back towards the drop ships. Leaving Hrun victorious on the field of battle.
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 02:07 AM
Meanwhile, in Legion World orbit...

<As the Rudlab fleet battle against the Dark Oval ships, they are joined by several Psyonian starships and a handful of United Planets warships>

[TheBoyWithUltraPowers]: Have no fear, Legion World! Here comes the cavalry!

<From deep space comes TBWUP and Rune-El, followed closely by WildfireFan. The trio attack the enemy ships with all the considerable might at their disposal. The three heroes, working together with the assembled Rudlab/Psyonia/UP ships, begin to seriously cripple the Dark Oval ships>
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 03:52 AM
Note: Goon Boy had intended to join the Battle in LW Orbit but forgot as he tends to do...
Posted By: .. Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 03:54 AM
<eats some whoopie pie. Drinks some of Aunt Ida's Lemonade.>

Man Alive!!! I feel great all of a sudden. I'm ready to lead some of these soldiers back into the fray!!!
Gather around warriors, we're headed for Legion Plaza.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 04:01 AM
Meanwhile in the countryside...

<Lumber Fox battles invading foot soldiers ferociously at the LMBP Ranch. The ranch borders Legion World's single-biggest farm/food-processing plant. He's rallying the local farmers>

"HAROOOOO!" Lumber Fox growls. "Fight, my friends, we must hold the line here until reinforcements come! If Legion World is to survive this, our food sources must be defended!"
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 02:55 PM
<the blue glow emanating from Cobalt that is his own healing power continues to grow slowly, as the soul-link to Crujectra provides him strength>

<he mumbles but no words escape his lips>

[Crujectra's telepathic link] Crujectra sees images of Ggrrgg, Cobalt's home, and soldiers marching to victory, while Cobalt looks on in horror. Crujectra sees Cobalt being tortued by Dr. Albert Hoffman and Dark Conan as they run a razor up and down his torso. Crujectra sees Cobalt cutting Dr. Albert Hoffman in half. Crujectra sees Cobalt's Triumvirate army marching to victory, with Cobalt at the lead, very pleased.[/Crujectra's telepathic link]
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 03:15 PM
Space

<The Dark Oval Dreadnoughts begin their unwavering decimation of all the fleets that stand in their way. Whordru’s forces begin to falter and two Psyonian ships are lost. Kamakazi methods are used to ensure ships are destroyed, as many Hrykosians are adherents to the Black Sun faith and thus are promised wealth beyond imagination in the after life>
--------------------------

The Evil Genius Supper Club

<an elite guard of Dominion Un-killables make an attempt to break into the Supper Club to gather all of Tamper Lad’s technology, including his protocols for using Legion World finances to cause a complete economic shut-down across the UP>
----------------------------

Medicus-Two (current sick-bay for the wounded)

<the bombing of Medicus-Two becomes a primary goal for low-level Hrykosians and Dominators as it will be rewarded with large land allotments on Legion World>

------------------------------
Dark Oval Command Center

Hrykosian High Commander: “Enough. A small resistance has gathered in the garment district of Legion World, possibly under the lead of Supreme Justice Quislet, Esq. Supposedly, it includes some of our own soldiers. I’m leading an elite strike-force of ‘Prime Soldiers’ (Those with Superboy Prime DNA) to go in there and exterminate them, including our own traitors. I’ll lead the expedition myself.”
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 06:23 PM
Meanwhile, approaching Legion World orbit...

<The Battlestar Galaxia, the crown of the Psyonian fleet, slows to impulse power as it approaches Legion World. On the bridge...>

[King Hrold]: Commander, raise shields and arm all weaponry. My children are on that planet, and there's not an enemy ship in that entire fleet that will keep me from them.

[Commander Hren]: Arm all defensive shields and lock phasers and torpedos on target... FIRE!

<Battlestar Galaxia moves into the Dark Oval fleet, hammering at the ships with plasma torpedos and lasers>
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 06:28 PM
Meanwhile, in the Medical Center at LMBP Plaza...

<Crujectra sits holding Cobalt Kid's hand, eyes clenched shut as she tried to sort through the thoughts and memories flowing through her telepathic link to Cobalt Kid. Suddenly, her eyes snap open and she turns away from her comatose lover>

What in the...?

<Using her FarSight, Crujectra gazes out through the walls of the building, and out across the city>

Oh... my... god...

<There, on a direct path toward LMBP Plaza, was a battalion of Hrykosian Red Guardsmen, leaving carnage and ruin in their wake>

Cobie, if you're planning to wake up anytime soon, this might be a good time.

LARDLAD! Snap out of it! We're in trouble!
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 06:57 PM
<At Quislet Esq's table, Rockhopper Lad is still quite upset>

Rockhopper Lass: Eudyptes, please eat something. Didn't you say you liked these whoopie pies?

Rockhopper Lad: I can't eat, Adelie. I'm worried sick about Blaine. I should have been able to do something.

RhLass: Before my Eudyptes--the one on my world--went insane, he would get in these moods. He would get upset, but he always knew he could talk to his little sister.

RhLad: You sound just like my Adelie.

Infra-Red Lass: Rockhopper Lad, there was nothing you could do. We were overwhelmed and exhausted. I'm worried about Blaine and the others too.

<High-Density Kid and Polka Dot Lad stagger up to the table; IRL runs to their arms>

Quislet, Esq.: Please have something to eat. Refresh yourselves. You too, Rockhopper Lad. Eat something.

RhLad: You're right. It worked for Dedman and he already led Commander Handbasket and her troops out of here. <RhLass hands her "brother" a whoopie pie.>
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 08:27 PM
Dark Oval Command Center
Crouching in the surrounding brush
Commander Handbasket: hmmm... Usually there are more guards around.

*commander Handbasket leads her force to the back of the command center. She signals and four soldiers take watch position. Another two approach the pre-fab building and set a small charge. Dedman thinks that the sound will bring whatever soldiers there to them, but is surprized when he sees and smells but doesn't hear the explosion. *

Commander Handbasket: A flatulent bomb. Silent but deadly. Wait another 5 seconds for the fumes to dissipate.

*the commando team and Dedman enter the building. They make their way to the communications room. Bursting in, they are surprized to find only two techs and a junior grade officer there*

Commander Handbasket: Where's Metternich?

DO Officer: Who are you? And what have you done to your uniforms?

Commander Handbasket: I'll ask the questions here Corporal. Now where is Metternich? He has to stop this invasion. These are good people here. Warm and welcoming. There is no need for this bloody war.

DO Officer: You...You must be the traitors Magistrate Metternich is going to exterminate.

Dedman (grapping the corporal's tunic): What do you mean "exterminate"?

DO Officer: Magistrate Metternich was going to the garment district where he heard there was some resistance going on, some of our own troops defending these Legion World scum. He..he thought that some guy named Quiznos was behind it.

Dedman: Quis? Commander we have to go back and save Quislet, Esq. He's a great guy but can't physically fight to save his life.

Commander Handbasket: Yes we had better hurry. But first... Lt. Shakes I am leaving you here with 5 soldiers. I want you to start sending out false orders. Have troops go to the wrong place. Anything to disrupt this invasion and protect these wonderful people.

Lt. Shakes: Yes Ma'am!

----------

Meanwhile approaching the hospitality table of Quislet, Esq.

Hrykosian High Commander: Trooper, use your enhanced prime vision to tell me what is happening.

Trooper: Sir Yes Sir! I see a large table with approximately 300 of the regular troopers sitting around it. They are eating many different types of food and are drinking a pinkish beverage from various pitchers. I see a Legion Worlder among them, talking to various troopers, and now reaching for some sort of chocolate cake filled with cream. And I see some rhubarb pie sir.

*some drool is starting to form on the trooper's lips*

Hrykosian High Commander: Rhubarb pie?

Trooper: Sir Yes Sir, just like my mom used to make. Boy! that looks good. I haven't had any for a couple of years now.

*The Hrykosian High Commander stares intently at the trooper. He then nods to another trooper. The second trooper focuses his eyes on the first trooper. Twin red beams burst forth and fry the first trooper.*

First Trooper: AAAAARRRRRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Hrykosian High Commander: Hmm this may be more tricky than I thought.
Posted By: Re-Bots Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 09:29 PM
"Have found Re-Bot captives. Are in a bad way. No sign of other captives - possibly elsewhere. Given length of search, unlikely that they are alive in building. Please advise"

Reboot: "You're sure none of the other captives are there?"

Re-Bot spokesman: "Positive."

Reboot: "Plan A then, now."

*almost immediately, three Re-Bots, two badly injured, appear in the Mainframe. Meanwhile, in the Dark Oval base where they had been held..."

Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>

*The building explodes into fragments as 100 Giant-Size Re-Bots appear out of what seems to be nowhere, utterly destroying the building*
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
A ghost image of Faraway Lad appears.

“Quislet? Quislet is that you? Damnation, this projector is damaged by the rain I am not sure if you are alone or not but I will have to take the risk” he says

“Quislet as the pre eminent legal mind on Legion World I think you need to know….

The image fades for a moment and returns

“…..ger is a mercenary, but an honest one. Once bought he stays bought. Use Diplomatic cost code 337/alpha/10 to transfer 100,000 Legion World)credits to his account (I think that equates to around 20,000,000,genarii and so allows him to repay his previous employers and turn a nice profit)

Faraway continues

“You need to go to the founders and remind them of the secret protocols I negotiated between ourselves and the Northern Barbarians, The Khudians and the far off Empire of Byzantium. Tell the founders to use the section 4, subsection III clauses 4,6 and 8 to instigate the mutual re insurance treaty and full military support clauses and instigate a full scale mobilisation of all fleets as we are going to need them to defeat the Dark Oval.
*has one of the converted Dark Oval troopers deliver this message to Lardlad*
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: INVASION - 09/01/06 11:19 PM
A ghostly image of Faraway Lad appears.

Ambassador Metternich? Ambassador Metternich, As Ambassador for the free people of LegionWorld and the LMBP we must talk”

As you can see. Armies are sweping across all known space. Many wars are springing up amongst systems only briefly touched by the LMBP or the Dark Oval. If we are to avoid this war becoming a general one, rather than a localised one, we must enter into negotiations.

Therefore as Ambassador I ask you to set out clearly and unequivocally, your aims and intentions. Lets us see if there is a way in which we can solve our differences by words not war”
Posted By: Hrun the Barbarian Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
[b]Meanwhile, in the Medical Center at LMBP Plaza...

<Crujectra sits holding Cobalt Kid's hand, eyes clenched shut as she tried to sort through the thoughts and memories flowing through her telepathic link to Cobalt Kid. Suddenly, her eyes snap open and she turns away from her comatose lover>

What in the...?

<Using her FarSight, Crujectra gazes out through the walls of the building, and out across the city>

Oh... my... god...

<There, on a direct path toward LMBP Plaza, was a battalion of Hrykosian Red Guardsmen, leaving carnage and ruin in their wake>

Cobie, if you're planning to wake up anytime soon, this might be a good time.

LARDLAD! Snap out of it! We're in trouble! [/b]
Staggering into the Medical center carrying two hurt civilians Hrun notices Cobalts still body and Spellbinders look of horror.

Drawing his bruised and bloody body upright again he walks over to Cobalt and kneels by the bedside.

“Most noble Cobaltus thine enemies shall pay for this”

Turning to Spellbinder he said

“Thy large friend seems to be of no use in battle my lady, but thou shalt not stand alone in the defence of thy lord. No Red Guardsman shall pass. Not whilst there is breath in my body. Know thee that I have a family quest to complete but that shall wait. If by my sword, by my life or by my death I can serve thee I shall”

“but mayhap we need some help” and taking a large horn from a baldric around his shoulder he blew three short, sharp yet sweet blasts.
Posted By: Hrun the Barbarian Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 12:50 AM
In the vastness of space, in an area little frequented by so called civilised space faring races the answering sound of horns are heard.

From a hundred small planets rise fleets of small dragon ships. A prow that echo’s the shape of a dragon with wings of red and white along the side of the vessel.

Inside hundreds of doughty warriors prepare for battle.

In the lead ship Yarl Sigismund one eye is in command he is exhorting the fleet via an open com link

“So, Hrun calls us, and now my children we ride now to war, no mercy, I will kill anyone I see showing mercy. Ride on children, ride on to our death and to our glory”!!!
Posted By: .. Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 03:36 AM
Dedman: Commander Handbasket, return to Quislet and help him out......I'm going to continue to Legion Plaza....alone

Commander Handbasket: consider it done

<dedman makes his way towards Legion Plaza.
after passing several streets, he begins to near his destination.
Suddenly he encounters a battalion of Hrykosian Red Guardsmen. He sends forth a cloud of darkness, momentarily sending a full third of thier numbers to the Poltergeist Area, leaving a pile of gibbering idiots in its wake.>

Dedman: This is fantastic. since I've eaten whoopie pie, I've never felt so powerful

<Before dedman can do or say anything else, he is attacked by the Prime Guard.
Under the concentrated power of thier heat vision, Dedman's head explodes!!!!>

Meanwhile, Elsewhere

<Commander Handbasket and her troops return to Quislet's table only to encounter the Hrykosian High Commander and his Prime soldiers. A fullscale battle breaks out with Quislet, Rockhopper Lad and the SMB caught in the middle!!!>
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 04:20 AM
HIGH ABOVE LEGION WORLD BUT SURPRISINGLY DISTANT FROM THE REMAINS OF THE SPACE PORT AND THE STAR SHIP BATTLE:

(DB awakens amongst the frozen bodies of Dark oval soldiers) "Gotta love automatic transuits, the Dark Oval troopers weren't so lucky. how long have i been out? The last thing i remember was flipping out at Lardy and....that glow...like his teleportation power.....AGGGHHHH LardLad!!!! not only do you teleport me away but you take me out of the fight!!!!"

"wonder how things are going planet side. Time to use some future-tech"

"Door!" (a black vertical rectangle appears in front of DB. He drifts through and vanishes, the rectangle collapsing after he passes through.)

(A black rectangle appears inside a vintage time bubble, tricked out with technology from DB's home alternative future, DB comes into view abit worse for wear.)

"Computer, display Dark Oval terran command center."

(a map on the viewscreen illuminates the Dark Oval position)

"Game on".
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 04:28 AM
Dark Oval Command Center:

(a robed figure stalks through the camp relatively unnoticed. Ever soldier preparing for battle or going about duties. DB makes his way to the center of the camp, near the command tents. sneaking behind the communications tent, he listens in: )

["Commander Handbasket: Where's Metternich?

DO Officer: Who are you? And what have you done to your uniforms?

Commander Handbasket: I'll ask the questions here Corporal. Now where is Metternich? He has to stop this invasion. These are good people here. Warm and welcoming. There is no need for this bloody war.

DO Officer: You...You must be the traitors Magistrate Metternich is going to exterminate.

Dedman (grapping the corporal's tunic): What do you mean "exterminate"?

DO Officer: Magistrate Metternich was going to the garment district where he heard there was some resistance going on, some of our own troops defending these Legion World scum. He..he thought that some guy named Quiznos was behind it.

Dedman: Quis? Commander we have to go back and save Quislet, Esq. He's a great guy but can't physically fight to save his life."]
"hmmm the garment district. Maybe i can finish this with Magistrate Metternich's demise, there has already been too much lost."

(DB turns and stalks towrds the garment district)
Posted By: matlock Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 05:04 AM
Quislet's Table

Quis, Rockhopper! Look out!!!

<Matlock vaults past them onto the nearest table holding aloft the last remaining chunk of the Security Office's Green Kryptonite, salvaged from the ruins>

Come on! Get some, ya scumbags!!!

<As the Prime soldiers attempt to back away from the deadly kryptonite, they are trapped within an unbreakable, impenetrable forcefield of swirling pearlescent sheen. The forcefield begins to contract, forcing them ever closer to their doom. Matlock, eyes glowing the same manner as the shield and standing in the middle of the shield now appears to be in his mid twenties.>

Oh how you'll pay for this... Goodbye fishin' boat...

<A band of the Prime soldiers unleash a concentrated assault on a small area of the field in a desperate bid for survival. The feedback staggers Matlock, who now appears to be in his late teens. The field holds and the Prime soldiers begin to succumb. A lone soldier staggers forward and delivers a weakend but still deadly blow toward Matlock. Matlock drops the field surrounding the fallen soldiers and concentrates his field in a desperate block against the crushing blow. A blinding light fills the area. As the eyes of Quislet, Rockhopper and the SMB'ers clear, they see the soldier, now dead, and a small boy of about 18 months age.>

Ah Sprock! Sprockin' Sprock!!! Look at me, will you?!? Uh, guys? Little help here? I think I'm out of the fight for a while. I won't get my shield powers back for about... 10 years? Man. Well at least the Prime soldiers are out of the mix.

I can't even fire a weapon.. rrrrrr.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 05:37 AM
Meanwhile back at LW Medical Center...

<Hummer Lass drifts into Cobalt's room on a hover chair. Spellbinder is startled for a moment as Hrun has been gone for a few minutes. She realizes immediately why the new arrival is there.>

"Help him, Pru," Spellbinder says, her attitude toward Lard Lad softening slightly at the sight of this heavily-bandaged woman who she knows cares deeply about the catatonic pariah sitting motionless in the chair.

"Thank you, Princess," Hummer Lass answers softly.

Hummer Lass looks at Lard Lad and is is struck by how some cruel person has drawn graffiti on his face and shaved off some of his body hair. No matter what he has supposedly done, she can't believe someone would be this cruel to a man who has saved far more lives than he ever alledgedly took.

Then she reaches out to him, both with her bandaged hands and her empathically-sensitive mind. She has been developing this latent power over the last two years. What Pru senses from Lard Lad is blinding, overwhelming pain, and she recoils at the shocking impact his pain has on her mind.

She gathers herself for a moment, then reconnects. Using all the will at her disposal, she dives straight back into the tempest of his mind and slowly finds a calm spot deep underneath.

Aloud, she says, "Lardy, it's Pru...I'm here for you. You are not alone! You are..loved."

Eyes still closed, he speaks. "No..I don't deserve it. So many people hate me..."

"No!" she responds. "Most of them don't hate you for what's happened. Many of them blame you, but few actually hate you. You're a good man, Lardy. You saved me! You've saved thousand, maybe hundreds of thousands!"

"Cobalt..." Lardy mutters.

She looks at Cobalt Kid a moment, reaching out with her empathic sense. "No, Lardy..he loves you like a brother. I think he always will. These are difficult times, but underneath, he still feels the same."

"...dying...he's..."

"Yes, he is, Lardy," she responds, "but somehow, I think you can save him, make him better." She reaches out to Cobalt again. "I think he believes you can save him, too."

Lard Lad's eyes open wide suddenly. "Pru?"

She smiles at him. "Yes, Lardy. It's me."

"You're..you're okay?"

"Yes, I am, thanks to you! I'm bandaged almost head-to-toe, but the skin is regrowing and the bones repairing...thanks to modern medicine. And thanks to you."

"Thank the gods," he says and gives her a hug. He looks at Cobalt and Spellbinder and walks over.

For the first time in a while, Crujectra looks him right in the eyes. "I can't keep him alive much longer, Lardy. Save him!"

"Can you link my mind to his, Jeckie?"

She nods and touches her hand to his forehead. Lard Lad closes his eyes for a moment. Then he gently removes her hand and holds it in his.

"Jeckie, Cobalt suggested an option which just might work. He's been afraid to share it with you because it's an idea you might not like."

"Lardy," Spellbinder responds, as fresh tears well up, "if it saves his life, I don't care what it is--I would consider it a miracle!"

With a gentle smile he lets go of her hand and replies, "...or magic--I'll be back real soon."

And with a pop, he 'ports out of the room.

Hummer Lass drifts over to the Princess and takes her hand. Somehow their spirits lift. They have a feeling Cobalt's best friend may come through for him after all.....
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 06:44 AM
<At Quislet's Table>

Quislet, Esq.: Well, that would have been unpleasant.

Rockhopper Lad: Adelie, I think we'd better see to it that these Prime Soldiers stay down. <They join hands>
RhLad & Lass: FREEZE!!!

<All the remaining unconscious Prime Soldiers are cryogenically frozen>

Infra Red Lass: How can you freeze them if they have Kryptonian DNA, even in their state? I know I couldn't.

RhLad: The Pyngwyn ice powers are magic-based. The sorcerers of the Pyngwyn Colonies imparted it on the House of Rockhopper ages ago. And, of course, Kryptonians are vulnerable to magic. <Looks over to Matlock> Matlock! You're--ah--younger! <Picks him up and places him on the table>.

Matlock:It's still me! I've just been de-aged to a toddler! You and--Rockhopper Lass, is it--might be the only people who can do anything to the Prime Soldiers.

Rh Lad: Adelie, let's see if there are any more of them. We'll be back! <They head off and, presently encounter Commander Handbasket and her troops fighting another packet of Prime Soldiers>

Rh Lad & Lass: FREEZE!!! <The soldiers freeze>

Cmdr Handbasket: Rockhopper Lad! Thank you! We owe you! But the Hykrosian Ambassador got away!

Rh Lad: We'll find him--and the others!
Posted By: PolarBoy Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 06:47 AM
The streets of Legion world

Polar boy marchs down the street covered in caked on mud (apparently passed out in a feild near the destroyed security office for the last couple of days) Polar boy is disorientated and mummbleing to himself he has a large gapeing wound to the back of his head. Everywhere he looks he see superman prime.

Must save legion world
must save legion world
must slay legion worm

suddenly polar boy screams and strats wildly throwing ice daggers in all directions. The streets are empty however the ice daggers inadvertenly destroy the hiding places of several citizens who run for their lives.

all Polar boy sees is superman prime and drawing on power reserves that nobody realised he had the amount of flying ice daggers increase being flung indiscrimentarly in all directions.

arrrrgggghhhh
Posted By: Re-Bots Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 06:55 AM
*three Re-Bots appear and the lead one of the three hits PolarBoy very hard on his forehead. He collapses*

"Tut-tut-tut. Some people just don't know when to stop, do they?" says one, picking him up.

"Nasty wound tho, innit?"

"Easily fixed though, Reboot"

"There we are, good as new."

"Where should we put him?"

"Oh, that pile of mud over there should do fine".

"Great"

*shlump*

*Re-Bots teleport out*
Posted By: matlock Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 07:29 AM
Quislet's Table:

<From the direction of the Dark Oval command center a series of explosions are heard>

Ah, Rockhopper. You're going to have to uh, let me ride piggyback. I need to get over there and see what's going on. We've got to rally whoever's available from the Security Office and get over there. I know the sound of those explosions. If I'm right, and I know I am, that was the work of my arch enemy, Bombs Under Toilets King. If the Miscreant's Guild has joined the defense of Legion World, I'll put my own feelings aside... for now.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 03:06 PM
<The newly de-aged Matlock climbs up on Rockhopper Lad's back, the remaining SMBers and Cmdr. Handbasket's troops gather round them.>

RhLad: Okay. Matlock, send out a message to whichever Security officers are available. Now that we've all been fortified with Quis' whoopie pies and Aunt Ida's special lemonade, let's get to the Dark Oval Command Center. Along the way, we'll see if we find any of our people. Let's go!
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/02/06 08:19 PM
<Lardy 'ports into a fortified bunker located beneath the ruins of the Lair>

"Tactical display on!"

breep. achnowledged.

"Hmmm...doesn't look good at all. There are many battles going well for us, but scans show reinforcements showing up continually. This doesn't look good."

<He ponders this for a long moment.>

"Okay...I'm going to have to send the signal. I hoped I wouldn't have to but...computer send prepared encrypted message: 'Lardy-Delta-One'!"

acknowledged......sent.

"Good...computer locate designate 'Whordru' on display."

acknowledged. designate 'Whordru' is in Legion World orbit in Sector 3-H.

"Got it! Computer, activate self-destruct program 'Lardy-FS'!"

acknowledged. Self-destruct in five..four..

<Lard Lad 'ports out.>

..three..two..one.......

<Bunker implodes. The rubble above doesn't even stir.>
Posted By: PolarBoy Re: INVASION - 09/03/06 03:04 AM
passed out in the mud again wilol this day ever end.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/03/06 03:12 AM
<Rockhopper Lad sees Polar Boy in the mud>

RhL:Polar Boy! Are you okay?

Polar Boy: Rockhopper Lad! Why do you have a teeny-weeny Matlock on your back?

RhL: Never mind that right now. Infra-Red Lass, could you please give Polar Boy one of the whoopie pies? He needs it. <To PB>And then, ice brother, if you're up to it, please join us.
Posted By: .. Re: INVASION - 09/03/06 03:29 AM
<dedman reforms.
Unfortunately for him, it is directly in the path of 6 Prime soldiers.
In the blink of an eye he is burnt to a cinder by their heat vision>
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/03/06 07:11 AM
<Lard Lad appears in Legion Orbit, Sector 3-H. His transuit immediately engages.>

There she is!, he thinks.

<As he spots Whordru, he sees a Dark Oval Super-soldier is sneaking behind her while she is distracted disabling a warship.>

<He 'ports in the soldier's path and quickly erects a Lard Forceshield around himself and Whordru.>

<The soldier runs into it going fullspeed and is knocked unconscious.>

<She turns around startled, then smiles as she realizes what just happened.>

<Lard Lad offers his hand to her.>

<Whordru takes it, and they 'port away.>
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/03/06 07:23 AM
<The six Prime Soldiers that burned Dedman suddenly find themselves cryogenically frozen>

Rockhopper Lad: Good going, Adelie. I don't think they saw that coming.

Rockhopper Lass: Lucky Dedman happened along when he did.

<Dedman re-forms>

Dedman: Nice work!

Matlock: Come along with us, Ded. We'll need you.
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/03/06 09:09 AM
The Hykrosian Royal Flagship arrives well behind the theatre of the battle at Legion World. Moments later, Magistrate Metternich's shuttle docks with the ship. Meternich makes his way to Lord Collus Hrykos's ready room.

Metterich: "My Lord, it is a pleasure to see you! I--"

Hrykos: "Enough, Magistrate! I demand a status report! How goes the campaign against Legion World!"

Metternich: "They're resistance has been stout. As you know, Superboy-Prime was dispatched much more quickly than expected."

Hrykos: "Yes. That was most unfortunate."

Metternich: "Indeed, Lord. In addition to their own considerable power, Legion World has received significant aid from Rudlab and their Queen Whordru, from Psyonia, from Cobalt Kid's Triumvirate Army, from..."

Hrykos: "I get the point, magistrate! But where do we stand?"

Metternich: "All of these factors have lengthened our timetable for victory somewhat, but our victory remains assured. As the sheer number of our forces begins to mount, their resistance is faltering. I estimate Legion World will be our in no less than one terran week, Lord!"

Hrykos: "I've waited this long, so I suppose one more week is not too much. How fares the battle in space?"

Metternich: Very well, sir. Legion World's defense fleet, even bolstered by the Psyonian and Rudlaban forces, is faltering. The numbers begin to favor us tactically now, even without the reinforcements we can still bring in.

Hrykos: "Excellent! And on Legion World itself?"

Metternich: "Even better! Most of the remaining resistance there is led by less than one hundred LMBers. And, I'm thrilled to report, it appears that Cobalt Kid is near death, and that vile Lard Lad is immobilized by the overwhelming guilt he feels over his friend's state."

Hrykos: "Magistrate, we need to insure these two are obliterated while we have the advantage! Do you have their location?"

Metternich: "Yes, I do, Lord! They are at the Medical Center, in Legion World Plaza!"

Hykros: "Destroy it, Magistrate! Pull troops and weaponry from other planetary theatres, if necessary! Turn that hospital and the entire Plaza, their cultural center, into nothing but a smoking crater!"

Metternich: "I will start organizing this immediately, my Lord!"

Hrykos: "Yes, I feel this move will break the collective backs of their resistance...demoralize them completely. Yes, completely....."
Posted By: Maxx the Sorcerer Re: INVASION - 09/03/06 06:15 PM
Meanwhile, at the Medical Center at LMBP Plaza...

<Maxx the Sorcerer enters Cobalt Kid's room>

How is he doing, Crujectra?

[Spellbinder]: About the same, I'm afraid. Lard Lad has a plan, apparently, but it concerns me somewhat. I don't fully trust him. Hopefully he will be able to awaken Cobie soon, because enemy troops are heading toward the Plaza, and we're dangerously undermanned here at the moment.

Well, I'm going to attempt a spell that will hopefully hold off the enemy forces, at least for the time being. Stay strong, Sister.

<Maxx gives his sister-in-law a quick embrace before heading outside. Standing in the courtyard, he casts his spell.>

<As the spell begins to take effect, he can see an invisible dome begin to form over LMBP Plaza, visible only to his MageSight. He mentally tests the barrier, and confident in it's power, he returns to the Medical Center>

The spell is complete. I've place a mystical force field around the Plaza. It's being fed power directly from the leyline running beneath us. It should prove strong enough to keep anyone from getting through, and will also absorb any energy fired at it. Only someone wearing one of the LMBP's flight rings will be able to pass through the shield.

<Confident that Crujectra and Cobalt Kid will be safe, at least for now, Maxx turns and heads back out to fight the invaders>
Posted By: Seth Gaterra Re: INVASION - 09/03/06 07:48 PM
Seth's wounds are still being treated by the medics. As they work, he mutters: "If only... Mekt and Rush were here... they'd get those invaders..."
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/03/06 07:55 PM
<No sooner has Maxx gone, then Lard Lad 'ports in...with Whordru.>

"HER!" Crujectra shrieks. "How dare you bring Whordu in here, Lard Lad!"

"Easy, Crujectra," Lardy says soothingly, "remember that I warned you that you wouldn't like it. But it was Des's idea! Go ahead, confirm it."

Spellbinder turns her attention for a moment back to the comatose man in the bed. Her eyes widen, and she shrugs. "Why her, Cobie?" she says after disengaging the link.

Whordru taps Lardy on the shoulder. "Why, exactly, am I here? I have more important things to do than be insulted by this--this--"

"Whoa, Whordru..don't go there. Listen, Cobalt needs your help. He's going to die soon if something doesn't change here."

"But..what.."

"Cobalt has heard of a spell you can do, a very advanced healing spell that can help someone as far-gone as he is. One that not even Maxx or Stu or any of our other sorcerers can do."

"Oh..." she says as realization dawns. "...that spell. But..why should I do that for him? What's in it for me?"

"Cobalt says he would be in your debt. And...he has the feeling that if he died now, it might mess up your plans big time!"

"Hmmm...true. Perhaps I can help him--but I'll need to talk to yourself and Crujectra first....."
Posted By: Kalla Hrykos Re: INVASION - 09/04/06 02:01 AM
Whordru continues, "for this spell to work, you'll both have to willingly sacrifice a piece of your souls to Cobalt Kid, as only people who truly love him could. Will you do this?"

"Sure, whatever it takes!" Lardy says without hesitation.

"And you, Princess?" Whordru asks.

"I don't know...I don't trust you," Spellbinder responds pensively.

With some annoyance, Whordru offers, "read my mind then, Princess. I open it freely to you. You've already seen that Cobalt believes in this spell--it actually originated in ancient times on his home planet of Ggrrgg. That's how he knows about the spell and learned of my mastery of it. But satisfy yourself!"

Spellbinder dives into Whordru's mind. She is unsurprised to see that Whordru has designs on her man but finds that the spell is exactly what Whordru says it is.

After a moment Spellbinder says, "I will give part of my soul for this spell, Whordru, because I love him deeply. But...what are the consequences for myself and Lardy in giving this of ourselves?"

"Difficult to say," Whordru responds. "It may have entirely no effect on your lives whatsoever, but then again, it might in ways impossible to predict. It could, for example, affect moral decisions you make, in that some of your choices may be a little more...questionable in some cases than they otherwise might've been. Or, if that part happens to be integral to who you are, it could cause a change in you that is profound and unpredictable. Or, as I said, nothing about your self may change at all!"

"But the biggest, most certain effect is that small piece of your soul will become forever a part of Cobalt Kid, and it can never be restored to you. So understand..this will be irreversible."

"Seems a small price to pay to bring my friend back," Lardy says.

"Yes," Whordru responds, "so it seems. So...are we a go?"

"Yes," answer Lardy and Crujectra.

"Good. Come over here to Cobalt's bedside on either side of me. This spell will take quite some time. Let us begin....."
Posted By: .. Re: INVASION - 09/04/06 03:38 AM
Meanwhile, enroute to the Dark Oval Command Center

Rockhopper Lad, Dedman, Young Matlock, Quislet, Polarboy and the remaining SMBers make thier way through the deserted streets.
Everywhere they look there is devestation and destruction.
The Prime soldiers have made Legionworld a smoldering ruin.
Turning a corner they encounter a small squadron of Dark Oval shock troopers.>

"FREEZE" say Rockhopper Lad, Rockhopper Lass and Polar Boy.

<The Soldiers are suddenly encased in ice.
The heros continue on their way.
After passing several more streets, all in ruins, they find their path blocked by a massive pile of rubble.>

Matlock - "Well how are we getting past this mess?"

Dedman - "I can carry us all past it by going through the Poltergeist Area"

Infra-Red Lass - "NO WAY!!!! I've seen what happens to people you send to that place"

Dedman - "Don't worry, The Poltergeist Area only shows what I want it to show. We'll all be perfectly safe."

Rockhopper Lad - "Trust him IRL"

IRL - "Well.....OK"

<with that Dedman envelops the group in a cloud of inky darkness.
Mere moments later they reappear on the other side of the barrier.
Directly before them is Dark Oval Command!!!>
Posted By: PolarBoy Re: INVASION - 09/04/06 04:36 AM
Thats some freaky stuff your made of stronger stuff then me Dedman if that is your regular mode of transport.

So whats the plan?
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/04/06 05:52 AM
Memo to Magistrate Metternich

I have analyzed the latest tactical reports and see that one of Legion World's sorcerers 'Maxx' has erected a magical forceshield around LMBP Plaza. Analysis shows it is strong but not likely impenetrable. I hereby order two initiatives to bring about LMBP Plaza's end:

1) In addition to the ground assaults, have three orbiting warships provide support on the shield with dedicated ion blasts. This should help weaken the shield considerably.

2) Also, dispatch 50 super-soldiers specifically to eliminate this 'Maxx' who is outside the shield and helping defend it. Killing him should cause his shield to disintegrate.

These two initiatives are considered Priority A-1, Magistrate. Execute these without delay.

Glory to the Hrykos Clan! Glory to the Oval!

End Memo
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 09/04/06 09:50 PM
Lt. Shakes: Calling Commander Handbasket! Come in Commander

Commander Helena Handbasket: I'm here Lt.. WHat is it?

Lt. Shakes: Commander, I've been monitoring communications among the Dark Oval forces. It seems they have a new priority. It is centered on the Medical Center, The Plaza, & Cultural Center. and eliminating Legion Worlders Cobalt Kid and Lardlad. There is report of a mystical shield and the order is to bombard the shield with the ion blasters of 3 warships and 50 of the super-soldiers to kill the sorcerer named "Maxx".

Commander Handbasket: Thank you Lt. Keep us informed. Legion Worlders, you heard what I heard. What do you propose we do?

Rockhopper Lad: I think those of us with offensive powers should start taking out as many of the Prime super-soldiers as possible while looking for Maxx in order to defend him and keep that shield intact.

Quislet, Esq.: You guys go on. I think I can get the info to the ships fighting for us. And I have a little trick that should buy us some time from those warships.

*Quislet, Esq. darts away to a ruined building so as not to be in the open*

Sensors and eyes tell you what you see
And that is what you believe to be
for our foe
let there show
Targets numbering one thousand & three.

*From the Dark Oval's point of view, there now appears 1,003 Medical Centers. Also the Dark Oval troopers now see the ranks of Legion World swelling with overwhelming numbers. Legion Worlders only see Dark Oval troopers firing where no one is standing. Out among the fleet, Dark Oval Warships are laying down barrages in empty space.*

Quislet, Esq.: I hope our guys can take advantage of this temporary distraction. Now I think the Security Office basement is still functional. There is communications to all Legion World allies there. I'll contact the fleet about the warships, hopefully before they find the real Medical Center.
Posted By: Hrun the Barbarian Re: INVASION - 09/04/06 11:14 PM
As the Dark Oval Warships continue to fire at empty land around LegionWorld they fail to notice the dragon ships hurtling towards them.

"onwards my children, onwards" roars Yarl Sigismund, “Destroy them, destroy them all”

The ships roar on and without stopping rammed into the Dark Oval warships. The ram on the front of the dragon ships pierced the hull of the warships and technology stolen from a forgotten enemy immediately sealed the breach in an airtight vacuum. Through the resultant tunnel hordes of barbarian warriors rang into the stricken battle cruisers. Fanning out they started to attack the startled Dark Oval solders.

Quickly overrunning a number of ships they Barbarians turned the guns of the Battle cruisers on those Dark Oval ships still firing on Legion world.

On the command deck of the Dominion Dreadnaught Cassstmark panic ensued as a Hrykosian frigate tumbled out of control towards them.

“Frigate Devastation, Frigate Devastation” Shouted a Dominion officer. “You must pull out, pull out curssssssse you, your ………”

Slowly, silently with a grim horrific beauty the two ships collided. Huge explosions broke out on both ships . Then with a desperate finality the Dreadnaught broke in two. Debris from the collision flew outwards , causing more damage to the ships of the battle fleet in the immediate vicinity.

More Dragon ships swept into the attack. Over the hyperlink battle songs could be heard as ship after ship the Barbarians of the northern horde attacked. Even the feared Red Guards struggled to contain the battle fury of the northmen, and in many cases were forced back to hide behind bulkheads and makeshift barricades.

Yarl Sigismund was everywhere encouraging and exhorting his men to even more ferocity.
Posted By: Maxx the Sorcerer Re: INVASION - 09/05/06 03:55 AM

< The skies above LMBP Plaza are cleaved over and over again by ion pulse beams shot down from the orbiting Dark Oval warships. With each impact, the shield above LMBP Plaza becomes visible briefly. Instead of faltering, though, the shield becomes stronger, the ion blasts being absorbed into the shield itself! >

I do love it when a complex spell works properly. < Maxx smiles, but then the smile falters as he sees a large number of figures rocketing toward him >

Crap! No time to be clever...

< Maxx raises both arms before him, and feel power from the leyline surge into him. Although he favored the elegance of the gestures and incantations of ritual magic, he also realized that sometimes the more brutal, raw power of the Will and the Word could be more suitable >

Burst!

< Suddenly, the air in front of the super-soldiers exploded with fire. Although normal flame would have had little effect on them, these were flames fed by magic, and like most creatures with Kryptonian DNA, these soldiers were vulnerable to magic >

C'mon, kids... follow the leader!

<With that, Maxx rocketed up into the sky, knowing that the super-soldiers would follow him away from the Plaza. Now all he had to do was keep ahead of them...>
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/05/06 04:51 AM
Hrykosian Flagship, Incoming Transmission from Magistrate Metternich:

Lord Hrykos, a status report...

Thus far we've had no luck breeching, or even significantly weakening, the force shield around LMBP Plaza. Legion World ground forces seem to be focussing all their efforts on repelling our efforts to destroy this sector of their world, perhaps sensing the significance of losing it to their overall resistance efforts.

This confirms, to me, that the target is that much more worth the effort we are putting into taking it. If the bombardment doesn't bear fruit shortly, we will soon dispatch nukes to see how those affect the barrier. We'll see how Legion World likes that!

We also have sorcerers from the Black Sun clan of our glorious Oval working on counter-jinxes to weaken the shield. They will also be providing our nukes with special spell-resistant charms, which will also resist some of their other anticipated counter-measures.

The sorcerer Maxx is being heavily pursued by super-soldiers. Tactical analysis shows that he will eventually be overwhelmed by them, given Legion World's dwindling super-powered resistance.

I'm pleased to report that our Kciremil technology test has borne fruit in countering Legionnaire 'Quislet's' special means of attack. It deflected his attempt to deceive our ships as to LMBP Plaza's position, as well as his attempt to artificially inflate our perception of Legion World's forces. We shall next attempt to use it to reverse the brainwashing effect his limericks have had on a portion of our ground forces.

Meanwhile Rudlaban forces are crumbling on both their homeworld and in Legion World orbit. Only ten ships remaining in Legion World orbit, and none on Rudlab! Our forces there have orders to exterminate its population! Whordru herself is missing and presumed deceased in the space battle!

Our biggest concern in the space battle is the resistance provided by a recently-arrived Barbarian contingent. However, this is a fairly small force and independent of the largest Barbarian conglomeration, so we don't anticipate they'll provide a prolonged threat to us. They are very fierce, though, and we could lose many ships before they are done. Therefore, I am dispatching all 200 remaining super-soldiers not engaged on Legion World to help destroy their threat.

Glory to the Hrykos Clan! Glory to the Oval!

End Transmission
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/05/06 05:17 AM
<Rockhopper Lad, Matlock, Dedman, Polar Boy and the remaining SMBers proceed to LMBP Plaza. RhLad turns to Rockhopper Lass.>

Rh Lad: Adelie, save your strength for when we find Prime soldiers, the rest can handle the other threats. We'll have to take the Prime soldiers out.

Infra-Red Lass: But what about Openly Gay Lad and the others? Aren't we going to rescue them?

Rh Lad: If we don't stop the Dark Oval here and now, there won't be anyone left to rescue.

Polar Boy: Rockhopper Lad, who's that up there?

Rh Lad: I think that's Maxx and it looks like he has company.
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/05/06 05:50 AM
In Collus Hrykos's ready room...

[Hrykos is still reading over Metternich's report when...]

Incoming transmission from Hrykos-Prime, my Lord.

[looks up] "Proceed."

My Lord, this is Vice-Regent Zyrnyn. We have a problem over here...

"Problem? What problem, Zyrnyn? Speak!"

Our borders have been attacked, Lord--by the majority Barbarian Consortium! They've declared war!

"What?! How dare they!!"

Lord, they claim that one of our ships attacked and destroyed their outpost of Rrraahhm--the one closest to our border with them! They've provided sensor logs as proof. The warp signature of the attacking ship matches that of our Night Raven stealth bombers!

[examines log] "Yes...the tactics and the decloaking patterns are also precisely that of our Night Ravens. Who the Hells ordered this attack?!?"

Unknown, Lord. Definitely not any of our generals.

"Damn! I've got to get to the bottom of this and prepare our forces for defense! Damn!"

What of our campaign against Legion World and the United Planets, Lord?

"Inform Metternich that I've departed for Hrykos-Prime! Tell him that I need a victory on Legion World within five cycles, or the initiative against them and the U.P. will have to be abandoned! I can commit no more forces to the campaign. After five cycles, if victory is not secured, all forces will be recalled!"

Yes, my Lord.

"And inform Metternich that if victory isn't achieved...his life will be forfeit!"

[Within moments, the Hrykosian Flagship has warped away, en route to Hrykos-Prime.]
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: INVASION - 09/05/06 10:58 AM
A smiling image of Faraway Lad appears.

“Well that was tough” he said “especially the bits when I had to try to tell the Barbarian confederation chiefs that holograms cant eat, drink or…ahem, well lets say the slave girls looked disappointed too”

Looking around the hologram noticed the devastation in Legion Plaza and worry and concern for his friends showed deep and personal on his face.

“Not a moment too soon it seems, I finally managed to convince all the major northern barbarians to attack the Hrykosian home world once that Night Raven attack took place but without that I might have failed. I just hope the Hrykos Prime is as rich in metals, cloth, jewels and potential slaves as I painted it or we are going to have a lot of very angry barbarians looking for reward and looking for it at legionworld”

Now that hopefully I have pulled some of the attacking fleet away, a lot remains in your hands chaps. Until I can find the correct amount of energy to instigate the Therod Protocol from here at the end of time I can do little more to help defend my friends. I will be in touch as soon as I am ready to start. Faraway out”

And the hologram shimmers and fades.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 02:23 AM
<Struggles to feet>

CRUJECKIE!

<falls into her arms>

Y-you…you kept me alive…I feel so…so rested…

<What Legion World does not know is that via a soul-link, Crujectra and Cobalt Kid are now bonded. Whordru’s spell only heightened what already existed. It is stronger than even a marriage, which Cobalt would know well. Crujectra is his mate for life now, til their dying days. She smiles at him as he comprehends this.>

<turns to Whordru>

And thank you too Whordru, though I feel I might one day regret your help. But I’ll give full thanks later to all parties…

But Whordru, I must ask you—please find LIBERTY MONKEY immediately! Faraway Lad is essential to my plans and only you can help him now. Just follow the Monkey’s suggestions…

<looks in the mirror. Face is still hideously scarred from battle with Superboy Prime>

Now its time for endings and amends. Despite what some might think, I had no part in starting this war, but I plan on helping finish it. War it is then. I’ll give as good as I get.

<grabs Crujectra and kisses her>

[telepathic link]Be strong my love, and forgive me for being so brief. I’m going to finish things. I’ll stay in contact…[/telepathic link]

Jailbait Lass, summon my couriers. I’m calling my army for help. Its time for the Triumvirate to show what war can mean.

<flies out>
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 02:26 AM
TO: Rockhopper Lad, Lucien Lad, Spellbinder, Crusader, Varalent

LMBers, I’m back and I’m sending my army to wipe out the Dark Oval troops in orbit. I am aware that some of us have access to our own special forces…please join me in rallying the armies to defend Legion World\'s orbit

However, we must be sure that an ample force stays on Legion World to defeat Metternich and defend the planet-side. That is the job for the LMB—be strong down there, and good luck!

- Cobalt

<Cobalt Kid flies past the LMBers down on the streets below in his Triumvir armor, so they know its him. Although he is not helping them, he does it to show he still lives. Because despite all political intrigue, the LMB is a band of brothers and friends that sticks together. He waves to baby Matlock, Rockhopper Lad and Lass, Deddy, Quis, Maxx, Crusader, Polar Boy and the rest, giving them the thumbs up. Each one a heroic freedom fighter, among a host of others.>

Sweet Ass Sweet LMB! For Legion World!
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 02:39 AM
< Spellbinder walks out into the courtyard of LMBP Plaza, feeling better than she has in ages. She calmly crosses to the main gates of the plaza, and feels a slight tingle as her flight ring allows her to cross out onto Embassy Row >

< Before her are soldiers and assault ships, but there is no fear in her now. She begins to gather her will >

[Crusader]: Mind if I join you, sis?

[Maxx the Sorcerer]: Not without me, hubby mine smile

< As one, the Psyonian trio turns to face the invaders. Joining hands, they release their will. A surge of Power bursts forth, throwing aside tanks and troops alike >
Posted By: The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 03:01 AM
<picks up Polar Boy in the mud>

C'mon lil' fella!

<fires at Dark Oval troops>

You need to get cleaned up and I need to get on the LMB's good side! Let's meet back up with Quis and the rest for the final battle! Everyone is gathering at LMBP Plaza next to the Security Office!

It doesn't look good, but suicide missions always were more fun in the autumn...

<fires again>
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 03:06 AM
Metternich: Blast it!! Give me the readings again!

Trooper: It appears Quislet's limerick and Maxx's sorcery have all but ruined our nuking equipment. The Dominion have failed and are being pushed back by Rockhopper Lad's group of SMBers. We had thought Dedman killed again, but were wrong.

Hrykosian High Commander: Well 'Magistrate', what do we do now? laugh

Metternich: 'We'?

<Metternich turns arms into giant blades and beheads the Hrykosian High Commander. He then kills the trooper.>

'We' mean nothing! All that matters is 'I'! And I will have the glory of this victory. Send in all the troops at full strength. Tell Pinaccle Command he's been relieved of duty. All marshal forces on Legion World now answer to me. I will lead them out myself if need be.

Hrykosians, Dominators, Black Sun...Ha! It means nothing. The Oval is much deadlier than they think, and I'll show them its true extent...

<Prime Soldiers and Dominators increase battle ten-fold>
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 05:16 AM
(Disaster Boy walks into view, hood up, late for the party as usual but, just in time )

"Metternich i will remove the atmosphere from this planet and erupt its core before i let you have it."

"winds"

(gale force winds annd sleet nullify the front lines of dominators)

"now Prime Soldiers, I have a few tricks for you"
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 05:31 AM
<Lard Lad appears directly in Metternich's path.>

"Howdy!" he says jovially. "I'm here to see just how deadly the Oval is...and to show you exactly what you're facing when you decide to take on Legion World!!"

<Purple energy emmanates from Lardy's eyes and hands, and he charges Metternich full-on.>

<Metternich is unable to connect his blades to him and is sent flying beyond the battle area.>

"Metternich!" Lardy shouts as he 'ports in front of where the Magistrate ladded. "This ends here, just me and you--man to...whatever the Hells you are!"

<And Lard Lad charges again....>
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 05:42 AM
<SMBers Infra-Red Lass and Polka Dot Kid repel Dominator forces while other Dominators exhaust themselves trying to budge High-Denisty Kid.>

<Dedman walks right in front of fifty Prime Soldiers>

Dedman: Oh, Prime Soldiers, whatever shall I do?

<Prime Soldiers all proceed to "destroy" Dedman>
Rockhopper Lad and Lass: FREEZE!

<All the Prime Soldiers are frozen solid as Dedman re-integrates himself>

Rockhopper Lad: Good work! Keep it up, folks! We just might do this!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 05:45 AM
(four Prime Soldiers run at super speed towards DB)

" door "

(four black doors open in front of each Prime Soldier)

"let me know how the center of a red sun is boys. I do love these gadgets from the future"

(waves left hand as the floor ripples and trips up more Prime Soldiers)

Through Telepathic Earplugs:
[Lardy, I have a plan for Metternich but, i can't keep ahead of these Primes all day]
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 06:20 AM
[telepathic link to DB] Little <unnngh> busy here...<owww> What do you <unf> have in mind?[/telepathic link]
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 06:30 AM
<Dominators start firing off biological gass>

<Unseen by any, Metternich cuts off the head of Pinnacle Command, making the Magistrate the sole commanding Dark Oval officer on Legion World.>

Send in the Dominator forces first and use up our biological weapons. The damage alone will be worthy of the Dark Oval.

<uses Durlan abilities to slip around unnoticed>

Surely the Legion must have realized that as a Durlan, I'm quite the different diplomat for the Dark Oval! The Dark Oval has Dominators, Hrykosian thugs, cultists...but no Durlans. No, no...I'm a special diplomat, void of any humanity but full of incredible powers.

I am Durlan in all ways, but better. I am the Dominators favored creation, for I too have the powers of Superboy Prime. And Reboot. And Cobalt Kid. And Varalent, Spellbinder, LardLad, Disaster Boy and all the rest! For I can not only mimic any power, I can recreate it. I am a Composite Durlan, and I have been on Legion World absorbing every power for weeks...
Posted By: Phineas B. Fuddle Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 06:35 AM
<Liberty Monkey hops into the sickbay, past Seth Gaterra and towards Whordru>

Up Seth! The time is now! Your memories are jumbled and your strength is low, but we need all the help we can get!

<moves towards Whordru>

Noble Ambassador! I urge you to assist me, for only you can help us return our own noble ambassador! Tell me--what do you know of the Therod Protocols? Speak quickly, as the life of Faraway Lad may depend on it!
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 06:37 AM
Crap! The bastard slithered away from me!

He's got all our powers? Well, I'm sure he can't use the Lard Force like I can!!!

<'ports back to LMBP Plaza, looking for Metternich>
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 06:38 AM
(moving as quickly as possible DB claps hands!)

" Tornado "

(a spiral of wind grabs up the biological gas and dissapates it)

"lets see Metternich"

(DB's eyes glow red)

"one radiation storm and no more durlan powers"

(Metternich glows bright red for a minute)

Metternich: ARRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 06:42 AM
<arrives next to DB>

Good idea, DB! I've heard about that working with other Durlans to wipe out their shapeshifting abilities. Hope his other powers don't nullify it, somehow.

If they do <hands glow with purple energy>, you and I will give him a fight!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 06:49 AM
(Metternich slumps on the ground glowing in radiation)

"Powers don't make legionaires Metternich"

Through telepathic earplugs: [LardLad, it can't be this easy but it did hurt him]
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 06:53 AM
<uses Reboot's rebooting to heal Durlan abilities>

At last, I'll bloody my hands in battle...

<uses Outdoor Miner's powers to teleport body away from battle>

<uses Spellbinder's telepathy to blast the minds of Disaster Boy and LardLad with an intense blast.>

Ah, it appears you both had parental issues growing up. Not sure who mommy and daddy are? Hahaha!

<uses Cobalt Kid's magnetism to hurl fallen debris on top of them both>

This battle will not be over that quickly Legionnaires!

<uses Superboy Prime's powers to use heat vision on own troopers and various citizens of Legion World>

<uses Durlan powers to become undetectable suddenly>
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 06:53 AM
Yes it did. [No need to communicate telepathically anymore--I'm right beside you! laugh ]
Keep pouring it on, DB...Don't let up!

Crap! He's up! Arrrggghh! <feels psionic and magnetic assaults>

Ungh! Now, where is he? <reaches out with Lard Force to try to detect Metternich>
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 06:59 AM
(psychic attack slows DBand he is caught under debris)

"bloody hell!"

"Mother Box, where is he?"

Mother Box speaks from DB's arm : [12 o clock]

"HA" (DB throws arm out....as electricity burns through Metternich to little effect,

....except for lighting him up for all to see)
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 07:02 AM
<while reaching out for Metternich, Lardy detects something even more alarming>

HOLY SPROCK! NUKES! THEY'RE DROPPING NUKES ABOVE THE PLAZA!!

DB, find Metternich---I'll take care of the nukes!

<'ports away>
Posted By: Seth Gaterra Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 07:14 AM
Seth, while not as fast as he might like due to the half-healed injuries, still answers Liberty Monkey's call to arms. The energy burst from under the rubble gets his attention first as he approaches the plaza, and he hurries over to assist whoever's under it.

"Considering how many times these invaders drop walls on people, most likely it's someone on my side beneath this!" Seth thinks to himself. He hears the shout about nukes -- but with no flight capacity of his own, it's not like Seth could intercept them?
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 07:14 AM
<appears on top of the Medical Center>

Crap! Here they come! Oh God..thirty of them--all headed for the Plaza! And--SPROCK--they're resisting all the spells and powers being used against them--even Reboot's!

Gotta open a portal to the Lard Force dimension--a BIG one!

Uuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnngggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

<strains to create a portal two miles above LMBP Plaza that is itself several square miles around.>

<The portal creates a vortex that draws all thirty bombs into it.>

Now...aaaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh...gotta close it!

<The portal shudders for a moment, then closes.>

...d-did it...

<Lard Lad falls unconscious atop the Medical Center.>
Posted By: Kalla Hrykos Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Liberty Monkey:
Noble Ambassador! I urge you to assist me, for only you can help us return our own noble ambassador! Tell me--what do you know of the Therod Protocols? Speak quickly, as the life of Faraway Lad may depend on it!
[a little weak from Cobalt's revival spell and from an unexplainable sense of loss]

Yes--yes, monkey...I'm familiar with them. I tried to use them once at the Embassy but was unsuccessful. What--what is it you require of me?
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 07:36 AM
(gets up, dusts himself off)

"heh heh. Just me and you Metternich"

(menacingly pulls out a golden batton from behind his back)
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 03:10 PM
<Rockhopper Lad and the SMBers continue their part of the fight>

RhLad: That's it! That's the last of the Prime Soldiers!

RhLass: Thank Dywh! I don't think I could freeze one more thing.

Polka Dot Kid: I think that's all of everyone!

RhLad: Except for Disaster Boy and Metternich--and what's going on in orbit--and the prisoners! Openly Gay Lad!
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 07:51 PM
<still unconscious>

<waaaaaaay unconscious!>
Posted By: Re-Bots Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 09:47 PM
"Re-Bot calling Reboot. Re-Bot calling Reboot. Come in."

"Yes?"

*Re-Bot explains that Metternich has copied the powers of the Re-Bots he captured before*

*Reboot laughs, loudly*
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 09/06/06 11:22 PM

There once was a magistrate named Metternich
Who could change shape and perform other tricks
He'll rue the day
He came our way
And an Infectious Lass made him sick
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 03:26 AM
(fires Mega Rod at Metternich, Metternich dodges but DB finally gets lucky and hits Metternich square in the chest knocking him down)

i think that limerick slowed him down?
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 04:34 AM
<Rockhopper Lad, Rockhopper Lass and Infra-Red Lass return to the erstwhile Dark Oval HQ, now rubble>

RhLad: Oh no! Look at the place! I hope we're not too late.

RhLass: Everything's so quiet--What's that there?

IRL: It looks like people!

<They find Midnight Son, Alternative Boy and the Earth-4 Monkey-Eater Lad [the SMBer], alive, but unconscious>

RhLass: They need medical attention.

RhLad: Infra, call the medics. Where's...

<Openly Gay Lad exits the rubble of the building, carrying the limp body of Cobalt Kid's original Supergirl robot.>

OGL:Rocky!

RhLad: Blaine!

<OGL lays the robot on the ground>

OGL {staggers}: They're all gonna be okay. <They kiss>

RhLad: Oh, baby, I was so worried about you! We--were here, but we got called away to fight the Prime soldiers.

OGL {gasping}: You saved the world. That's the important thing.

RhLad: But how about you? What can we do for you?

OGL {breathing heavily}: Baby, there was nothing you could have done. They had us in a chamber that neutralized our powers. If you'd tried to break us out, we'd have all been killed. When the building collapsed, the power went out and so did the chamber. Once I got my powers back, it took everything I had left to get them all out. They're's nothing left.

Rh Lad: No, sweetheart, you'll be fine.

OGL {coughs}: Always on the bright side. That's another reason I love you so much.

Rh Lad: No!

OGL {turns to IRL}: Infra, I'm so glad you and all the other SMBers have been a part of my life. You're the first family I ever had.

<IRL begins to cry, Rh Lass holds her>

OGL {barely audible, collapses in RhLad's arms}: Eudyptes, Rocky, I love you. I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone.

Rh Lad: And I love you, too, Blaine.

<They kiss again>

OGL: Remember...I...love...you!

<OGL dies in RhLad's arms>

Rh Lad: SQUAAAAAAWK!!!
Posted By: matlock Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 05:21 AM
<unnoticed, little Matlock scampers through the carnage. struggling with reduced motor skills, a lid is popped off a small box.>

Can't aim or shoot with these stupid pudgy fingers! It's not fair!!! These people are stupid!!!

Oh, great. My 18 month old instincts are starting to get to me. No powers... I guess there's nothing for it but the old lavender kryptonite... Come on random powers, gimme something good.

<a glowing lavender ring is removed from the box, bathing young Matlock in it's rays. Moments pass with nothing happening. Matlock looks around, helpless... Slowly, a frown appears... a face reddens: a full blown tantrum erupts! Young Matlock spies Metternich and charges forward with alarming speed>

I hate you! You're stupid!!! And bad!!!

<The piercing screams shatter glass and the sonic waves slam into Metternich, while the stamping of small feet cause seismic waves to rock the plaza, bowling over the remaining Oval troops>

You hurted Rockhopper's friend!!! You're stupid and you have to go far away from me!!! I don't like you!!!

<heedless of the return fire of the Oval troops Matlock begins peppering them with chunks of wreckage several times his own size, thrown with uncanny aim and at surpising distances. He has not taken a breath for several minutes. He closes the distance to Metternich, and begins to assault the Ambassador with many many small but surprisingly painful blows. Metternich returns in kind, but Matlock simply will not acknowlede the strikes>

I hate you, I hate you, I wuh-wanted my fishing boat!!! I want my fishing boat, I hate you, I! Want! My! Fishing Boat!!!

<Metternich, though not deeply wounded is nonetheless confused and baffled by the nonsensical assault of the Super Tantrum>

* The above in no way inspired by any events in which my daughter may have participated
Posted By: The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 05:43 AM
<Runs in, scooping up baby Matlock>

I'm not about to let a legendary lawman get killed off in the form of a super-tot!

<sees Rockhopper holding Openly Gay Lad>

No...that poor hero...

<closes eyes, realizing for the first time how wrong he's been about this whole situation>

Looks like I might not agree with 'em, but I'll be working on the side of the angels...
Posted By: Phineas B. Fuddle Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 05:47 AM
<holding up Whordru and walking away from battle>

Do not struggle Sorceress! For your magic will help shift the tides of war faster!

Even now, the noble Ambassador Faraway Lad works to return from the iron cheese curtain of time, although he cannot do it. Only through a combination of your own magic and a protocol developed back when I was an infant monkey will it work. I only wish he had been more clear in his instructions, for they appear to be that of the old debaucherous LMB, where I am of the more thoughtful post-Esterian Greg Evignan Island LMB!

Now look at this wall...

<steps behind her>

Great Eryk Davis Ester forgive me...

<enacts the famous 'Therod Protocols', pulling forth time and space from Whordru's magic body>

Eeeeeek!

<suddenly, Faraway Lad reappears on Legion World! Liberty Monkey falls back>

Go now Faraway Lad, Cobalt Kid needs you in space...

<looks at Whordru>

...forgive me sorceress...let us return to battle...
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 05:53 AM
<Offensive Odors Boy--known as 'Smelly' by LWers--an employee of the Medical Center finds Lardy on the roof.>

<He uses his power to provide the scent of smelling salts to rouse Lardy.>

"Whuh? Yuck, what's that smell! [looks around] Oh! I'm on top of the Med Center. I-I must have stopped the nukes!"

"Yes, Lard Lad, you did, and we thank you for it," Offensive Odors Boy says.

"How long have I been out?"

"I'd estimate several hours."

"Hours? Crap! I've gotta get back in this--they need my help!"

"Actually, I'd recommend letting us give you a full brain scan--the strain that feat put on your brain could have-"

[wipes blood from his nose] "No time for that, Smelly...while I'm in there getting my head examined, the Dark Oval could destroy us all. It'll have to wait!"

<Visually locates Metternich from the vantage of the roof, then 'ports away.>

Smelly, left behind, says to himself, "I hope you don't kill yourself out there, Lardy. You're a good guy..."
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 06:04 AM
<Arrives where he saw Metternich & finds that the Magistrate has already moved to another location.>

<'ports to Embassy rubble. Sees Rockhopper Lad still cradling Openly Gay Lad's body in his arms.>

"No, dammit..no! I'm going to make Metternich pay for that..take it out of his damn hide!

<'ports away.>
Posted By: matlock Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 06:07 AM
You're not the boss of me Ranger!!! Put me down! I'm not a baby... I'm assistant... chief. Legionworld... zzz... zzz... don't wanna nap. 'm not tired... zzzz...
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 06:12 AM
<With the majority of Legion World's armies in space, Dark Oval troops run through the city still...however, their numbers have begun to deplete...>

All of you! We cannot allow the Legionnaires to gain anymore ground! There are only a handful of them left! Let them come to me and I'll destroy them!

Begin setting fire to Legion World!

<Dominion shock-troopers rush through the streets, as the Hrykosian Prime Troopers are all but beaten>

Now...

<Metternich turns back to the LMB, shifting back into an alien form naked to the regular eye>

I see I've killed one of them and buried another under rubble...but thats not enough! I'll eat that baby before the day is through!

<unleashes a horrific tornado blast via Disaster Boy's power on the epi-center of Legion World>

Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:

There once was a magistrate named Metternich
Who could change shape and perform other tricks
He'll rue the day
He came our way
And an Infectious Lass made him sick
<yellow-colored blood coughs up>

For Freedom's love you'll yearn and yearn
The Dark Oval crushes you'll soon learn
Obey our laws
Or we'll clench our jaws
and Legion World will forever BURN
Posted By: Kalla Hrykos Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 06:15 AM
"Leave me, monkey...I-I need a moment. I'll join you as soon as I can."

"Yes, milady...as you wish. Once again, I apologize."[feeling guilty, Liberty Monkey reluctantly takesoff.]

Left alone, Whordru sinks down and rubs her temples. "What's wrong with me? I know it wasn't just that--that portal. Something else else is terribly wrong...but what?"
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 06:27 AM
<Dedman appears by Infra-Red Lass and the Rockhoppers>

Ded: I thought I'd check on you. Rocky, I heard about Openly Gay Lad. I'm sorry, buddy.

Rh Lad (sets OGL's body down): Thank you.

Ded: The Dark Oval's getting desperate. Now they're setting fire to the whole city.

Rh Lad (Stares at the ground a moment, then cries out): No! They're not going to hurt anyone else!

<Rh Lad closes his eyes and clenches his fists and cries out as if struggling. All the fires go out, the tornado turns to a light snow flurry. The city is soon covered in a light, fluffy snow.>
Posted By: Kalla Hrykos Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 06:29 AM
[Lard Lad arrives in Whordru's vicinity. She spots him.]

"Lard Lad! Over here!" she shouts to him.

[He hears her and runs to her.]

[kneeling down to her] "Whordru? Gods, what's wrong? Are you all right?"

"No!" she says, crying. "Something else else is terribly wrong, but I don't know what it is!"

"I...I feel it, too--felt something distant since I woke up. A disturbance in the Lard Force. It's stronger now, as I hold you..."

[He reaches out with his powers.]

"Oh! Oh...gods..." he whispers, his eyes haunted by some distant horror no one else can see. "Your..your people...they're..."

"NO!!! They CAN'T be...!"

[She starts crying harder and holds Lard Lad tighter as she buries her eyes in his shoulder.]

[That haunted look on his face still there, he tightens his grip around her as well.]

"Gods...no..." Lard Lad whispers.
Posted By: The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 06:40 AM
Originally posted by matlock:
You're not the boss of me Ranger!!! Put me down! I'm not a baby... I'm assistant... chief. Legionworld... zzz... zzz... don't wanna nap. 'm not tired... zzzz...
<holding sleeping Matlock>

Er...

<walks over to Rockhopper Lad and Dedman>

Well done Rockhopper. Quislet's forces and the SMB are taking down the final Dominion troops...

<puts hand on his shoulder>

I'm sorry for your loss.

<little Matlock starts to stir. Ranger pulls out his blaster>

Let's get even.
Posted By: Seth Gaterra Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 06:46 AM
<Metternich turns back to the LMB, shifting back into an alien form naked to the regular eye>
OOC: I hope you meant to say "invisible to the naked eye" -- or is Metternich a Durlan streaker now? eek

Seth signals to the Space Ranger, indicating the sleeping "toddler" the man carries. "Let me take him; you've got mobility and range that I don't have, right now." As he awaits the Ranger's answer, Seth can almost believe he's watching over little Garridan again. A memory that he cherished... but now it's painful.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 05:11 PM
(DB is forced to waste time disspersing Metternich's Tornado....seeing the small fires popping up DB uses wind bursts to blow out some fires)
Posted By: Reboot Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Magistrate Angra Metternich:
<uses Reboot's rebooting to heal Durlan abilities>

At last, I'll bloody my hands in battle...
Originally posted by Re-Bots:
"Re-Bot calling Reboot. Re-Bot calling Reboot. Come in."

"Yes?"

*Re-Bot explains that Metternich has copied the powers of the Re-Bots he captured before*

*Reboot laughs, loudly*
*sits in the Mainframe's Great Hall, thinking. Eventually shrugs, mutters Reboot and clicks fingers*

*Metternich appears before him*

You really had no idea what you messed with, did you? You copied a Re-Bots' power, but the Re-Bots have no power, they tap into mine. There's only one Icon and one Glitch, and they're both parts of me now.

I was wondering what that little nagging feeling was - it was you, wasn't it, leech? But that works both ways. Anything touched by a copy of my Icon, I can change at will, which I've used to heal allies in the past, but that doesn't make them a simple healing factor. You've BONDED an Icon copy to yourself. I think you can see where this is going.

You can't hide from me, because I can track all copies of my Icon at will. You can't use any of your stolen powers against me, as you've found out by now I'm sure, because you no longer have them to use since I Reboot them away before I teleported you here. Call it a precaution. And I've disabled your copy of the Icon so that only *I* can use it now.

Don't have time for you right now though, because of this mess you've made. What to do, what to do... Ah, of course.

Reboot.

*stirs the water in the fishbowl holding the goldfish that was Angra Metternich with his fingers, a tiny little greyed-out Icon still visible on its' side*

No more nukes for you, I think, but I'll be back to study you soon, there's something not quite right about you... too quiet. We'll deal with you properly after this mess is over and your leaderless forces are routed. And, just in case you copied and pasted this copy onto anyone else... Reboot... that should do it. Bye for now...

*picks up the goldfish bowl and puts it through a TouchWindow™ into a pocket dimension for safekeeping*
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 05:38 PM
<Still holding Whordru. Releases her and looks her in the eyes, hands on either side of her face.>

"Look..if you want to do something with that rage inside you, go help Cobalt with the battle in orbit. He needs your help. Me..I've gotta rally everyone down here and take Metternich down. After this is all over, you'll have a place here on Legion World--I swear it!"

{Wipes tears. Stands up.} "I was wrong about you, Lard Lad. Maybe I've been chasing the wrong horse all this time." {Takes his face. Kisses him. Surprised at himself, he kisses her back and locks in a strong embrace.}

"Now," she says with a little of the regal swagger back, "I've got some Dark Oval ships to destroy! Make Metternich pay!"

<disappears in a puff of smoke.>

<Lard Lad stands there transfixed for a long moment.>
Posted By: Reboot Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 05:44 PM
*teleports to Lard's location*

Metternich is dealt with, no thanks to you. Idiot thought he could copy the Re-Bots' power without consequences. I mean, copying a dupe? How Basic can you get? Here's what he looks like now:

*opens VidWindow™ to the pocket dimension he stowed Metter-fish in, showing him swimming about his bowl*

And don't think I've forgotten you started this. You WILL answer for it, and soon now...

*teleports out*
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 05:49 PM
<back on Legion World>

"Hmmm...interesting," Metternich says as he's giving orders to orbital forces. "Reboot has shanghaied an aspect of me, the part that copied his power. I realized after copying it that I would have to isolate it. There is no part of the Re-Bots left in me, and I'll be sure not to copy those powers again. As always, Reboot underestimates his opponents!"

"Let him enjoy his 'victory' for now. I'm either going to destroy this world and all its forces...or take out as much of them as I possibly can! HA-HA-HAAAA!"
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 06:39 PM
The war in the streets is getting out of hand.

(Concentrates as global weaher becomes extreme, rain, winds, sleet, fog, and snow make battle too difficult as the Dark Oval are unable to see, and havng to stomp through mud and against winds)

That should give legionworld a breather.
Posted By: Seth Gaterra Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 07:36 PM
It seemed that the Space Ranger was too eager to get back to the battle to notice Seth, so the Angtui turned away and tried to help elsewhere...

As Seth made his way along, he heard about the cause of some of the damage; Metternich firing heat-vision blasts upon any that came within his range, whether Legion Worlders or his own troops. "A Durlan with heat vision?! That's imposs--"

Seth suddenly clutched at his head, as within his mind he saw a white-haired Durlan woman in the Guard Academy's combat area. "You don't need to dissolve so much of the pillar, Toxin; attack the base, and let gravity finish the work for you -- like this!" She acted as she spoke, her now-fuming hand striking the small pillar's base. It soon fell, once its support base was destroyed.

The vision was interrupted as Seth was lashed by a downpour of mixed rain and sleet. "Another Composite... I-- I need to warn the others!" He hurried on, as best he could considering the very foul weather. The fog didn't worry him so much; Seth's eyelets were made to see through such thick atmospheres.

And finally he came within sight of... "Lard Lad! Over here!" Seth called out.
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 09:41 PM
<the Rebooted fishbowl that was once a portion of Metternich stirs slightly but has lost all sentience.>

<but it has lost all connection to the real Metternich. Its story however, is far from complete...>
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 09:49 PM
<As the Dark Oval troops scramble, as Disaster Boy's storm takes hold>

COWARDS! MOVE FORWARD FOR THE DARK OVAL!!!

<Metternich leaps at Disaster Boy, chopping him down with an enormous blade across his back>

Now.

A Legion full of persons so powerful that you believe you can work your way out of any sitution? Defeat any enemy with ease?

Well, this invasion has taught you that is not true, and I will now teach you the same for even one enemy!

<copying Lightning Lad's powers, Metternich unleashes Lightning blasts on Rockhopper Lad, Dedman, baby Matlock, Space Ranger, Liberty Monkey, Disaster Boy and Quislet>
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 09/07/06 11:22 PM
IEIEIEIEIE!!!!!!!

* Quislet, Esq falls to the ground. His hair smoking a little from the lightning bolt. A whoopie pie rolls from his hand. Aunt Ida's special lemonade spills from a bottle and soaks into the ground. From various location, 50 former Dark Oval troopers fire point blank at Metternich.*
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 12:16 AM
(Disaster Boy lies face down in the mud, un moving, a nasty gash through the back of his costume, lightning strikes barely missing him)
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 01:26 AM
<Rockhopper Lad has managed to construct an igloo around Dedman, baby Matlock, Space Ranger, Liberty Monkey and Rockhopper Lass and himself, protecting them from the lightning, for now...>
Posted By: The Crusader Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 02:06 AM
< Suddenly, Nightcrawler appears behind Metternich in a cloud of smoke and brimstone. He grabs the Durlan's shoulders and the two disappear and reappear a split second later outside Cafe Cramer >

Nightcrawler: Get...

< The two disappear, and reappear a split second later outside Shakes >

Nightcrawler: Off...

< The two disappear, and reappear a split second later outside the ruins of the Security Office >

Nightcrawler: My...

< The two disappear, and reappear a split second later outside the Princess Crujectra Center >

Nightcrawler: Planet!!!

< The two disappear, and reappear a split second later in Legion World orbit. Nightcrawler releases Metternich in the vacuum of space, and teleports back down to Legion World >
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 02:11 AM
<Metternich copies Nightcrawler's powers and teleports down to Legion World>

<flying down towards orbit at Superboy Prime speed, Metternich copies Cobalt Kid's magnetism and rips apart the 50 former Dark Oval troopers>

<Metternich lands, smashing into Rockhopper's igloo with Superboy Prime strength>

And now the finale...I'll destroy you idiots, now that yourfrail protection is shattered! Hahaha!

<Metternich eyes begin to burn with Superboy-Prime power>

Now this is power! Prepare to die!
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 05:21 AM
<Originally posted by Seth Gaterra: And finally he came within sight of... "Lard Lad! Over here!" Seth called out.>

"Seth?" Lard Lad responds, knocked out of his dreamlike state after he and Whordru had just kissed. ['ports to Seth's side. Wipes some fresh blood from his nose.] "What's goin' on?"

"Lard Lad! I've faced a Composite Durlan before..in another dimension. I think I know how to defeat Metternich!"

<Lardy listens as Seth explains. His eyes widen.>

"Seth, now that's an excellent idea!"

<puts in telepathic plug>

[telepathic link] Attention LMBers, Allies and powered Legion Worlders...we have a plan to, hopefully, defeat Metternich! Anyone with powers who can still fight, attack Metternich en masse. We need to weaken and distract him, so Seth Gaterra can get in close! This is of utmost importance!![/link]

"Seth, I'd shake your hand if, you know, I wouldn't be turned into goo!"

<both laugh>

"Okay, let's do this!"

<Lardy teleports them both near where Lardy's senses tell him Metternich is.>
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 06:14 AM
"5 more minutes mom...zzzzzzzzzzzz"
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 06:30 AM
<Rockhopper Lad emerges from the ice-rubble>

I'm with you Lardy! This is for Openly Gay Lad!

<He begins hurling waves of sheer cold at Metternich. Presently, Rockhopper Lass does the same. Infra-Red Lass, Polka Dot Kid, Dedman and the others standing nearby join in, each doing their part.>
Posted By: Seth Gaterra Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 06:41 AM
Seth starts moving carefully from one bit of cover to the next, preparing for his own attack on the Composite Durlan. If this doesn't work... he thinks, then abruptly cuts off that train of thought. No, this will work; it must work! Metternich must be stopped... no matter the cost!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 07:24 AM
(the bright lights of the battle rouse DB)

"nuuuuhhhhnn"

(DB sees Metternich through blurry eyes. DB tries to get up...and fails) "agghhhh"

(DB glares at Metternich, sweat running down his pale face, his eyes light up.)

A Screaching coming from the sky gets louder and lounder, as a falling flaming object comes closer. A meteorite the size of a starship strikes Metternich! <span style="font-size: 36px;">BOOM!!!!</span>

"Powers of Prime Who, that's still gotta hurt...he he he ... *"

(DB passes out again, head falling to the dirt)

(A pile of flaming rubble remains over where Metternich was standing)
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 08:26 AM
<A serpent slithers out of the rubble and quickly shifts to Metternich's familiar form.>

"That...that all you got?"
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 08:41 AM
[telepathic link]We've shaken him up, guys! But we've gotta keep pourin' it on![/link]

"Hey, you piece of crap--nah, that's an insult to crap!--how 'bout summa this!" Lard Lad yells.

<Fires high level puple energy blasts square at Metternich from his hands. Metternich stumbles back.>

[blood pours afresh and unabated from Lard Lad's nose] "Like that? H-how ab-about some dessert!"

<Fires even more powerful blasts at Metternich. Metternich stumbles again.>

<Lard Lad forces a smile, but he's feeling dizzy. Blood is now coming from his ears also.>

"R-ready for some s-seconds..?" Lardy slurs and weakly raises his hands. No purple energy glows around them, this time.

"Enough!" Metternich screeches. "I w-won't let one as vile as this one assault my person any further!!"

<Metternich fires psionic blast, copied from Spellbinder, full-force at his weakened foe.>

<Lard Lad, unable to put up his defenses, manages an "oh..." before going limp and falling flat on the ground.>
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 09:08 AM
"Oh, my!" Liberty Monkey squeals. "Is Lardy...dead?"

Space Ranger says, "there's no time to tend to him now, friend. We have to press our advantage her! I'm sure that's what he'd want! We have to pour it on, and give Seth the opening he needs!"

<After a brief pause, all except Disaster Boy, who's still unconscious, and Liberty Monkey converge on Metternich.>

"I won't leave you, my friend! [tears flow] No one should have to die alone!" Liberty Monkey laments.

"It's okay," a calming voice says, accompanied by a foul odor. "I'll get him some medical attention."

Liberty Monkey looks up. "Smelly?" he says.

"Yes," replies Obnoxious Odors Boy, "I'm about to send a signal, and the Med Center will beam myself, Lardy and DB straight to triage. Now, go help them with that monster."

"Will he and Disaster Boy be okay?" Liberty Monkey asks.

"I think DB'll be fine. Lardy, however..."

<Then Smelly vanishes with Lardy and DB before he can finish.>

"I'll give Metternich one for you," Liberty Monkey whispers to the spot where Lardy had been. Then he wipes his eyes and charges headlong after Metternich with the others.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 04:15 PM
<In the midst of the huge brawl, dedman reaches out to Seth via his telepathic plug.>

[link]Seth, we've got him reeling...whatever you and Lardy have planned, now's the time![/link]
Posted By: Seth Gaterra Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 04:42 PM
At dedman's call, Seth hurried into the battle through the remains of the meteorite. No nimbus on Metternich, so he's not fully templated off me yet... At his mental command, most of Seth's crystal children stopped their feeding, letting his own energy nimbus flare up again.

A powered template's a lot harder to hold than the regular shifting template; the stronger it is, the more he has to concentrate on it. Leejah knew that. Seth thought. If Metternich tries to hold onto the other powers, he's a target for mine. He tries to take my power fully... we can't be harmed by it, and you all can drain him. Either way... we'll win!

Seth prepared for his strike at Metternich's head, readying the disintegration energy for release. Durlans could move around their vitals too easily to ensure a chest shot would work... but knock out the sensory organs -- especially the antennae -- and it hurts them as much as anyone else.

But that's when he saw the woman starting her own attack upon Metternich...
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 04:43 PM
*crawling through the wreckage and bodies of her former troopers, Commander Helena Handbasket stealthily approaches Metternich. Battle trained by the Dark Oval, Commander Handbasket knows how to shield her thoughts from a telepathic enemy. Slowly, inch by inch, she nears the back of the evil being that has brought so much pain and death to this hospitable and friendly planet.

When Metternich starts to shift into a new form, Commander Handbasket seizes the moment. Leaping up, she thrusts a neural disruptive grenade into the metamorphizing flesh. There is a blinding flash and a dull boom as bits of Metternich go flying everywhere. Commander Handbasket is blown back, her arm completely disintergrated.

For a few seconds all is quiet. But the hope that this is the end of Metternich fades as the pieces start to move towards each other and reintergrating.

Will this attack buy the Legion World heroes the time they need to stop Metternich once and for all? *
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 04:52 PM
<The other combatants back off, their attention rapt. "Will this work?" they wonder.>
Posted By: Seth Gaterra Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 05:03 PM
<OOC: Okay, previous post edited to let Quislet's in.>

Seth shielded his face as the Durlan exploded... at least for a moment. Perfect! After that blast, his concentration *has* to be rattled! he thought.

And as Metternich drew himself back up to his tentacled form, Seth's right hand was there -- ready to strike!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 05:07 PM
<OOC: glad to see Helena's sacrifice wasn't in vain.>
Posted By: Angra Metternich Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 05:23 PM
<Metternich is clearly rattled, then sees Seth. Metternich sees Seth's hand ready to strike and pushes him back with super-breath.>

<Metternich's antennae twitch.>

"Yes! That one has the means to destroy Legion World! I will adapt his power and destroy it--my Kryptonian invulnerablity will protect me from its explosion!"

<Begins to absorb power.>

"YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!"

<One of Metternich's tentacle forms a hand, and it starts glowing.>

"And now, I'll...what?"

<His antennae start twitching madly.>

"NO! It's too much! That...that creature is not just one sentient--there are countless sentients comprising him! G-gods, it's-it's too much! MAKE IT STOOOOOPPPPPP!!!!! IT HURTS!!!"

<Reeling in pain, Metternich takes the glowing hand and moves it toward where his brain is located.>

<As soon as it connects, Metternich is completely disintegrated.>

The assembled heroes collectively gasp, then pause as if waiting for something. Nothing happens. Metternich is dead.

<They cheer.>

Space Ranger: "Good work all, but there's still a war in space. We need to offer Cobalt and the others every bit of assistance we can give!"
Posted By: Seth Gaterra Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 05:30 PM
Seth's nimbus disappears again as he calls his power back; he blinks a few times as Metternich self-destructs. "That... was not what I'd expected?"

Then he shakes his head, and hurries over to check on Commander Handbasket. She gave him the opportunity to strike; it would ill-repay her to not try to help her... if she can be helped?

<OOC: Not sure if you meant for her to survive this, or not?>
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 05:42 PM
*Commander Handbasket openes her eyes and sees Seth peering over her.*

Commander Handbasket: Did ..did we get him?

*Seth looks into her eyes and nods "yes"*

Seth: Hang on we'll take care of you!

Commander Handbasket: That's ..what I've learned about Legion World.

*She passes out.*

Seth: MEDIC!!!!!!

Obnoxious Odors Boy: It looks like there'll be no break for me today.

*Smelly puts a transmat disk on Commander Handbasket which sends her to the Medical Center*

Obnoxious Odors Boy: They may have to replace her arm with a robotic one.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 05:51 PM
It's over here then? <Looks back over to where he left Openly Gay Lad's body>

Blaine, we'll never forget the sacrifice you made! And I'll never forget you!

<He sits down next to OGL's body and starts crying>
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 08:29 PM
<in space, the Dark Oval forces have pulled out. Any Dark Oval troopers still on Legion World are left behind...>
Posted By: The Reanimated Corpse of Lonestar Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 08:35 PM
<Space Ranger sits by Commander Handbasket's side>

So noble a sacrifice...so willing to change for what is right...I think you've taught me quite a bit Helena, in quite a short period of time...

<kisses her hand>

Get better...

<walks out>
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
<in space, the Dark Oval forces have pulled out. Any Dark Oval troopers still on Legion World are left behind...>
*there remains about 300 Dark Oval troops who have painted "LW" on their breast plates. These troops begin to pick up the rubble that exists all around. One trooper, Lt. Shakes, begins to organize the non-LW troopers into clean up crews.

Medics treat wounded Legion Worlders and wounded Dark Oval troopers alike.*
Posted By: Phineas B. Fuddle Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 08:47 PM
<Liberty Monkey begins organizing the relief efforts to rebuild the city and restore order>

Fellow lurkers! Alt Ids! LMBers! Together, using our various abilities, we can rebuild quicker than it was destroyed! Come now, lend a hand!

<the process moves along quickly...>
Posted By: Seth Gaterra Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 08:50 PM
Seth will do what he can in the work efforts. His wounds can wait a while longer...
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Seth Gaterra:
Seth will do what he can in the work efforts. His wounds can wait a while longer...
Obnoxious Odors Boy: don't be a silly goose. There's always construction going on. Yoou can help build when you are well.

*Drags Seth to the Medical Center. Although there are lots of wounded, a medic-bot sees to Seth's wounds and a half an hour later, he is released from the Medical Center.*
Posted By: Power Boy Re: INVASION - 09/08/06 11:13 PM
(DB wakes up to the sound of Cobalt Kids announcement to follow the Dark Oval into space)

"will someone turn that racket down...i'm trying to sleep..oh ow ow" (DB winces in pain as he notices his bandaged wrapped torso)

"now i remember" "nass head tried to chop me in half" (DB rolls his head over slowly to see LardLad across the room)

"guess i shoudl feel lucky, he looks bad"
(anger rolls over DB's face. and then Db sits up slowly and deliberately)

"costume on." (DB's costume flashes into existence on him) "hope the healing aspect of my costume is up to this."

(DB walks over to look down at Lardy)
"I'm going to enjoy making them pay for this Lardy"

(Obnoxious Odor Boy walks in the room

OOB: What are you doing? Get in bed you're in no condition to be walking!!"

DB: "Door" (DB exits through the teleportation door that opens and promptly closes before OOB can make a move.)
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: INVASION - 09/09/06 12:05 AM
<Rockhopper Lad is still sitting in front of Openly Gay Lad's dead body, crying; Rockhopper Lass approaches>

Rh Lass: Eudyptes, what can I do to help you?

Rh Lad: Oh, Adelie...I don't know about the Eudyptes of your world, but this is the first time in my life I've ever been in love. And now he's gone.

Rh Lass: My Eudyptes never loved anyone. He was incapable of it. No, he never loved anyone--except maybe for me.

<Both sit in silence>

Rh Lad: So you're going to stay with the SMB?

Rh Lass: Yes. We'll help you clean up, of course, then we'll leave for Earth-One.

Rh Lad: This is... <Rh Lad shakes his head> I'm glad. They need a Pyngwyn.

Rh Lass: So does the LMB. I hope you're not thinking...

Rh Lad: Oh, no, of course not. I might take a trip back home for a short while, but my life is here.

Rh Lass: They're good people. Eudyptes, may I ask you something?

Rh Lad: Of course.

Rh Lass: Would it be all right with you if I considered you my brother now?

Rh Lad: Oh, Adelie! (they embrace) I'm honored. I have two Adelies now! Two Adelies. <pause> Two Eudyptes. <pause> Two Blaines? Do you suppose there's a Blaine in this universe too?

Rh Lass: I guess there could be. But he could be very different! Remember, in my world, Eudyptes was a ruthless tyrant.

Rh Lad: You're right.

<They both sit in silence for a while; Dedman materialises>

Ded: Rocky, How are you doing?

Rh Lad: I'm okay.

Ded: Obnoxious Odor Boy is sending a stretcher for Openly Gay Lad. They'll be here any time. Come back with us to the medical centre. You look okay, but I'm sure you could use a rest.

Rh Lad: Sure. But I'll wait for--for the stretcher.

<The three wait in silence for the stretcher.>
Posted By: Maxx the Sorcerer Re: INVASION - 09/09/06 02:12 AM
< Maxx the Sorcerer lands outside LMBP Plaza. He raises his arms up into the air and quietly speaks an incantation. The magical barrier over the plaza begins to dissolve, and the energy slowly courses back into the leyline >

There. That will make it much easier to bring more casualties into the Plaza's Medical Center.

< He then rises back up into the air and rockets skyward to return to the salvage efforts in orbit >
Posted By: Kalla Hrykos Re: INVASION - 09/09/06 04:05 AM
[Appears at the Medical Center in a puff of smoke & finds Obnoxious Odors Boy. As she approaches him, she inexplicably smells cigarette smoke.]

"You! You are a physician here--?"

"Actually, I'm a field medic and a nurse, Ms...?" Smelly responds, correcting her.

"Whordru! I'm told that Lard Lad is here somewhere, hurt?"

[frowns] "Yes..yes he is. Are you a relative or a wife?"

"No...I'm his...friend. Please tell me, is he well."

"Well..." [debates what to say] "...no, no he isn't. He has bleeding in his brain caused by the strain of using his powers in such extreme ways. The prognosis is...pessimistic."

"He's--he's going to die?"

"I'm afraid so, unless there's a miracle. Say! Aren't you a sorceress? Didn't you help save Cobalt Kid? Couldn't you--?"

[shakes her head and looks down at the floor] "No..that ship has sailed. Lard Lad gave a part of himself to heal his friend. Consequently, the same spell won't work on him...it's one of the...strings attached to the spell. Every other healing spell I have is for minor injuries. There's--there's no time for me to learn another advanced one...it could take months..."

"Then, I'm afraid he probably won't survive more than a couple more days--there's nothing we can do for him. He won't regain consciousness before he passes. I'm sorry."

[tears well in her eyes] "Can...I see him?"

"Certainly."

[Smelly quietly leads Whordru to Lard Lad's (and until recently Disaster Boy's) room......]
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: INVASION - 09/10/06 07:02 PM
<suddenly, Whordru turns to see Cobalt Kid at the door>

Whordru. <Cobalt nods. He walks over to Lardy>

I was on the cusp of leading our push back towards Dark Oval space Lardy, but had to be sure everyone was okay down here...

<takes off metal bracelet around right wrist>

I'm glad I did. We've come too far to lose you now.

<lays hand on Lardy's chest. A blue aura begins to emit>

This was a traumatic ordeal, and we both said some things we regret. The LMB might not know the whole story, but I know that you're no murderer, and that you still believe in our ideals. You're a good friend...and a good man...

<the healing powers of Cobalt Kid begin to kick into overdrive>

Funny...you did what you had to do to heal me before, and I'm returning the favor now. But thats what LMBers do: we stick up for one another and watch each other's backs. That's why I followed you into the Dark Oval and rescued you. That's why I believe what I did was truer to the LMB's ideals than simple laws and treaties.

<The healing powers begin to bring Lardy around>

To fight this war a lot of lines were crossed. Always remember that I'm one of your best friends. But please Lardy...make me proud to say so...

<healing is over, and Lard Lad is restored>

*turning to Whordru* - We should let him rest now. I know we have unfinished business...but I have a war to fight.

<exits>
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: INVASION - 09/11/06 06:29 AM
<hours later, Lard Lad wakes up>

"Oh...my head..."

<looks around, sees a female figure sitting nearby holding his hand>

"P-pru--?"

"Yes, Lardy..it's me," answers the ex-villainess Hummer Lass.

<comes to sudden realization>

"Metternich..the Dark Oval---?"

"They've been run off, my love. Your plan to defeat Metternich worked. He's dead. Cobalt ran off the rest of their forces."

"Cobalt? Was he here?"

"Yes, he was in pursuit of the Oval forces, but he stopped by to heal you. If he hadn't..."

"I would have been a goner."

<Hummer Lass nods> "He couldn't stay, though. He's determined to take the fight to the Oval."

"Yes, and I have to help!" <starts to get up> "ungh!" <lies back down>

"Baby, you have to rest...or you might relapse.."

<fights back tears> "No! I-I have to help him f-finish this..it's all my..."

"I know," she says softly, "you love him like a brother--he feels the same way. But if you don't let the healing finish, you'll have destroyed his gift to you." <grips his hands tightly now> "Let me take care of you, now."

"Pru..I"

"When you rescued me from the rubble of the Lair, you took care of me." <starts shedding tears> "You're always taking care of me. Let me take care of you,now!"

"Pru..."

"When you rescued me, Lardy, I heard you talking to me. You pleaded for me to hold on, told me you love me! I think it was that, more than anything, that made me hold on. I love you, too..I think I have since I first laid eyes on you. Oh, baby, I want us to be together..I want us to be a couple! More than anything! You're the most wonderful man--the most caring person--I've ever met. I know you meant what you said when you saved me--I know you feel the same. Let's finally be together, baby!" <kisses him, he reciprocates>

<He's lost in her kiss for a long moment, then he's assaulted by images: Leelee. Helen. Helena. His son, still in utero. Whordru. Her sacrifice. His promise to her.>

<Then, he sees Mordra. Her ominous predictions about his destiny. His hands squeezing the life out of her. Beheading Damyen Hrykos. How he enjoyed killing them.>

<He sees Pru in his mind. He loves her, but will he hurt her if they're together? Hypothetical images flash in his mind in answer.>

<He breaks the embrace.>

"No..no, I can't..."

"Oh! Oh, I'm so sorry, honey--I came on too strong! Here you are, having almost died..and I'm practically proposing to you! I--I just almost lost you...and..and I--"

"No, Pru." <takes her hands> "I can't be with you at all. I..don't feel the same way. I'm--I'm sorry.."

<withdraws her hands> "W-what? Lardy, I don't believe you...why are you saying this?"

<taps inner reserves of strength to help him lie> "Because it's true, Pru." <looking as sincere as possible> "I don't feel the same way you do. I do care about you--a lot! And...I care enough to not take advantage of you. Please, Pru..do yourself a favor and find someone who will love you like you deserve to be loved."

<turns away, tears flowing freely> "I thought I had.>

<She grips her crutch and limps out of his room. It takes a herculean effort for her not to look back.>

"Good..goodbye, Pru..." Lardy whispers. Then, he closes his eyes tightly to keep the tears in. His sacrifice hurts, but he knows he's done the right thing. She's been hurt enough in life without him adding to it......
Posted By: Seth Gaterra Re: INVASION - 09/11/06 07:19 AM
Seth, though he'd been healed of his physical injuries, still lingers at the medical center. He hardly knows anything of this place and its resources, so isn't sure how he could actually help in the reconstruction efforts after all. But he also has a more pressing concern...

"I need to speak with one of your psyche-techs -- preferably a telepath." Seth asks the nearest available doctor. "During the battle, I saw images, had memories... of people that I know I'd never met. I need to find out why this is happening?"
© Legion World