Legion World
Be there or be square!!!

Woo hoo! I figured this one needed its own headlined thread separate from the SDCC one, so HERE'S the SKINNY!

Wizard World Texas

Dallas

November 5 thru 7

Hours:
Friday, Nov. 5: 10 am to 6 pm
Saturday, Nov. 6: 10 am to 6 pm
Sunday, Nov. 7: 10 am to 5 pm

Tickets:
$40 for all 3 days
$20 for single day tickets

Rumored to be considering being there:

MLLASH, Semi, Vee, Outdoor Miner, Beagz, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Kid Prime, and mmmmmmaybe (yes? yes? Peer pressure, peer pressure) Cobalt Kid and Pov!

Let's go paint Dallas red, LW style!!! laugh
Sounds good to me. laugh
COOOOBIIIIEEEE! scream wink
Toga! Toga!

I think I'll schedule a few extra days off just to recover. laugh
Taking a week off from school never hurt Ms. Cobalt's eldest son! This sounds like a very cool idea!

Now I need to get some money together, so the new tradition of other LMBers taking care of me doesn't get too out of hand... laugh
I'm up for partying, just so long as I can be in bed by 10:00 p.m. That way I can be refreshed to lead the early morning "Naked Legion World Calisthenics Class" down by the pool. You'll all be there, won't you? wink
I can't wait for jumping jacks and toe touches! Devil
I've spoken via e-mail to my former roomie that now lives in Dallas. He offered to have me stay there, but I wanna be where the LMBers are. Still, it's nice to know I have that as a backup in case I had to cancel the reservation for some reason.

Anyhoo, he and his cute li'l boyfriend are already planning on hitting the groovy sexy, Texy bars with us!
Jeepers! It's gonna be one hell of a party!

Pov, we've gotta make it there!
Anyone know what the weather is like in Dallas at the beginning of November? Will we be able to lounge by the pool? Will Pov be able to model his hot pants and tank top collection? wink
It's not too hot and not too cold!
And it's not Houston, ergo, it doesn't have Houston's humidity! cool
Can I count on my fellow LMBers, both gay and strait, to keep the ladies aware that an internet celebrity will be present? laugh
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Can I count on my fellow LMBers, both gay and strait, to keep the ladies aware that an internet celebrity will be present? laugh
We'll post a sign on your back if you like. laugh
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Anyone know what the weather is like in Dallas at the beginning of November? Will we be able to lounge by the pool? Will Pov be able to model his hot pants and tank top collection? wink
Chances are that shorts wouldn't be TOO out of the question. Probably highs in the upper 70's to 80's.

But that's just a guess.
After all, we've had three cold fronts through the central part of Texas in JULY!!!!!!

Who woulda thunk it??
Originally posted by MLLASH:
It's not too hot and not too cold!
It's just like Baby Bear's porridge!
[b]It's not too hot and not too cold!
It's just like Baby Bear's porridge![/b]
And you would know that because it was a tale handed down in your family from your famous ancestor -- Goldilash? wink
Oh, the bears are my ancestors! wink
I think I can swing this.

The trip that I was cancelling to put Dallas on my schedule is actually back on, but I'm aiming for this anyway.

Anyone interested in splitting a room to cut costs?
For the time being, I can't comment on anything that has to do with money, since I currently have none. Hopefully, by then, it'll be taken care of.

However, I can say that I really do want to go! If Pov and I can arrange the logistics and travel, I'm sure that somehow the money situation will work out... laugh
That's us-- 2 Broke Crew!

Coming to a convention near YOU! lol
I figure 4 people can fit comfortably in my room (it has a bed and a pullout sofabed) as long as sleeping next to me wouldn't bother someone! wink love BouncingBoy

That would make the room SUPER-cost-effective (...of space) for all involved.

My only thing is, I will certainly be hitting the Dallas clubs Fri & Sat night, they're too awesome to miss!
as long as sleeping next to me wouldn't bother someone!
You wanna be front spoon or back? Devil

I'm still crunching numbers. I figured it's gonna cost about $150 for gas just to Memphis and back*, probably another $75-100 if I drive all the way to Dallas. the Con is $40 for the three day pass... what hotel are you booked in?

*Based on 3 tankfuls (@12.5 gallons) at CT prices ($1.90)*
I figure 4 people can fit comfortably in my room (it has a bed and a pullout sofabed) as long as sleeping next to me wouldn't bother someone! wink love BouncingBoy

Hmmm...now there's an exciting idea! laugh
I'm at the Marriott Residence Inn in Arlington, supposedly 1 mile from the con!
Pov, don't forget that I am definately splitting the money for gas! And I won't take no for an answer! smile

And Lash, you really wouldn't mind if I crashed in your room?! You're the best! If it comes to that, I definately wouldn't mind you going out all night to hit the clubs, since I'm planning on going out all night too wink

Hm...how much did the room cost for you, Lash?
I was able to finagle a GREAT discount! I'll PM you the info!
Lash--

I e-mailed you with my prelim figuring, but forgot to ask- when are you planning to leave Memphis for Dallas? Just so I can figure when we'll leave here to arrive in time to carpool or convoy, depending on who all and what all's going.
I was able to finagle a GREAT discount! I'll PM you the info!
Ooh-- me too, me too! smile
Alright, it's set, I'm going smile . No matter what is going on with jobs, school or my personnel life, I'm putting it all on hold laugh .

It seems like it's going to be a lot less expensive than I had though, thanks to my fellow LMBers, so money will no longer be an issue.

And I get to drive down with Pov and sleep in Lash's room!
Povvins, check your e-mail!

My check-in time is set for 3pm on THURSDAY NOV 4.

I want to allow 7 hours for the trip, so my plan is to get up & leave my place at 8 am Thursday.

My check-out is MONDAY NOV 8 at whatever their check-out time is, probably noon.
Hmmm...maybe I could fly to Birmingham, drive with KP to Tennessee, then drive to Dallas with KP & Lash & Cobie & Pov, then...
...or I could just fly to Dallas and meet them there laugh
C'mon, Vee, join in the big ol' convoy, rocking through the night! Come on and join our convoy, ain't it a beautiful sight!
Hmm... leave here early Tuesday, get to Memphis midday/late Wednesday, crash at your place laugh ... Then we head to Dallas Thursday AM. Sounds doable!

And thanks for the e-mail; I'm sorry for spreading us all hither and yon. E-mailing jsut seemed easier and more appropriate for some of this. smile
No, e-mail is fine and direct anytime, sweets!

Yes, you guys can absolutley crash here Weds, we can go out for lesbian karaoke night!
The convoy is going to be just as fun as the convention laugh
Scott--

Is this the same con the new Legion team is supposed to be at? I thought you said Houston in another thread.
I may be interested in a road trip... anyone from the Northeast like the idea?
Lash - Put me down preliminarily as bunking down on yer floor! smile
I'm trying to talk Teeds into going, by the way.

The odds don't look great, but it's early yet...
Psst, how it's coming along Lash? Any luck?

<crosses fingers smile >
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Scott--

Is this the same con the new Legion team is supposed to be at? I thought you said Houston in another thread.
I did and I apologize. It was my faulty memory. Houston was what was stuck in my head but this is the only one in Texas in November so it has to be the one. Plus Barry Kitson is already confirmed for this.
Memory's the third thing to go.

or second, if you're Grev.
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Lash - Put me down preliminarily as bunking down on yer floor! smile
Done and done.

And have you been checking your giant in the sky e-mail?
[b]I'm trying to talk Teeds into going, by the way.

The odds don't look great, but it's early yet...
Psst, how it's coming along Lash? Any luck?

<crosses fingers smile >[/b]
Honestly, on a scale of 1 to 10, the odds of her going are at "1" right now. But it's early yet and things can change...
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
[b]Lash - Put me down preliminarily as bunking down on yer floor! smile
Done and done.

And have you been checking your giant in the sky e-mail? [/b]
I CANT! It's dead! I sent you my new e-mail address!
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
[b]Scott--

I did and I apologize. It was my faulty memory. Houston was what was stuck in my head but this is the only one in Texas in November so it has to be the one. Plus Barry Kitson is already confirmed for this. [/b]
And in an email to me Barry said that Mark Waid and Steve Wacker were also confirmed as going. So you guys make sure you collar them and get all the gen.

Oh and be careful with them we dont want the toy broken before they are out of the box now do we laugh
I'm already getting ready for the "Tip of the Glass to Darden" cheer that is necessary for any LMB get together.

In fact, I might drink double in your honor, Far!
Kent,

Where in the North-East are you from?

Pov and I (from CT) are hoping to make our way down there!
Hudson Valley of NY, just south of Albany. If you guys are taking I-84 to avoid metro areas, you'd pass about an hour south of me.
Ruh-roh! Do we have another caravan candidate?????
Sounds like it. cool

Still ironing out the details, Kent, but we'll make sure you're included "in the loop" wink
As I mentionned earlier, this caravan needs to be video-taped. A Legion World Documentary. If no-one has a video camera, I'd be willing to send mine (provided you promised to return it). I could even be talked into editing and making a dvd of the trip for you. Once you got to Dallas, I could take over the filming of the group's antics at the Con, the hotel, etc.
That could be cool, Semi. Let us get things ironed out, and I'll get back to ya. smile

If we had computer access from the Con, maybe we could upload daily vids or something... As long as you don't go "Kono" on us in Dallas! wink lol
I we get to make it I'll have my laptop and high-speed internet access from the hotel. We can have a movie night for the LW'ers who have to stay home.
On my mac (at home) the iMovie and iDVD programs are pretty good for creating dvd's of home movies. I could still do this after the con (even though we would have the dailies). Having the previews, people could let me know what they definitely did not want included in the final version.
Who's gonna be the director?
Alan Smithee?
What a GREAT idea, Semi! Sign me up for one!
That sounds like a REALLY cool idea!
This sounds better and better...
This starting to look like it could be THE LW event of the year!
I agree! smile
You should! smile smile
THe Wizard site was fairly basic... are there any better specifics as far as location of the Con, what part of the city, nearby hotels, etc.?
Wow!
I live slightly less than 4 hours drive time away from Big D so I'll definitely go.
"How fun!"
Then we're counting on you to play tour guide!
Originally posted by Varalent:
This starting to look like it could be THE LW event of the year!
Well of COURSE it does!!!
It IS taking place in Texas, after all!!!!!!! laugh cool

I'm VERY excited about getting to meet all of you people!!

Now, if only Bevis and Ultra Matt and Newcru were available to go, too!!!!!!!!!!
Real World: LEGION WORLD DALLAS!

Warning, all-- my current plan is to bag a hottie comics creator at the con!
lol !

They won't know what hit 'em! My plan is to help you!
Oh, they'll know what hit 'em alright! They'll know what's smacking 'em right across the face! ;-P
Rokk's hand?
Whatr hotels are people staying at? THe Lawrence looks like the cheapes, 1/3 to 1/2 a mile from the convention center...
I'm staying wherever I can find an open floor! smile
When is everyone thinking of arriving? I'm tentatively going to fly in on Thursday evening. I'm wondering when to leave - Sunday or Monday. I think two days at the con will be enough for me (maybe one will do it). What else is there to do in Dallas?
My arrival/depart times remain unknown; don't know if I'm flying or car-pooling with Cobie and Pov. Depends if their schedule matches mine.

Way I see it, if you're going to travel more than 1,000 miles, make it count.

Besides the con itself, they'll be plenty of fun to delve into, especially with so many of us... even at San D, I always allow a dfay or two for diversions like TJ or Palomar or the Zoo or wherever.

If possible, I think, Thurs eve thru Mon morning is the best... that way you don't miss anything, and have time for the extras.

Stupid Wizard site gives no info; didn't realize con was at Arlington, not Dallas Conv Center. Scratch my query about the Lawrence. wrong area... all hotels close to ACC look like the same range, price-wise.

Again, those of you pre-booked, where are you? Let's get as many of us at the same digs as possible.
Arlington? Arrg!
I was planning on shacking up at my sister's place in Ft. Worth but that makes it much farther than I want to drive after a full day at a convention. It wouldn't be so bad if it was only once but driving back and forth for almost an hour a couple of times during the weekend would be a terrible waste of valuable party time. So it looks like I may be finding a room as close as possible too.

I'll echo Kent
those of you pre-booked, where are you?
I won't be there, but I wan't you all to watch out for grassy knolls and umbrella and or black dog men. Dallas in November, you people make me worry.
Again, those of you pre-booked, where are you? Let's get as many of us at the same digs as possible.
http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/DALAR
I am prebooked at the Marriot in Arlington.
thanks for the link, Scott!

looks like the best place to make LW Central.

Originally posted by matlock:
I won't be there, but I wan't you all to watch out for grassy knolls and umbrella and or black dog men. Dallas in November, you people make me worry.
Nah! RJ Brande's the one who has to worry about assassins.

"You can't say Dallas doesn't love you know, Mr. (UP) President"

"Help! Luornu! I'm bleeding..."
Hmmm...

Looking at Marriott's site, better rates are available from other on-line travel bookers (Orbitz, Yahoo) than from the hotel site itself. $70-ish vs $90+

This may be obvious to some, but I thought I'd point it out in case it can save anyone a few quid.
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
[qb] Arlington? Arrg!
I was planning on shacking up at my sister's place in Ft. Worth but that makes it much farther than I want to drive after a full day at a convention. It wouldn't be so bad if it was only once but driving back and forth for almost an hour a couple of times during the weekend would be a terrible waste of valuable party time. So it looks like I may be finding a room as close as possible too.
I'm confused... looks like on the maps, Arlington is closer to Ft W than downtown Dallas would be? Love to have you join us, YK, but at the same time, I know the value of having a free place to crash.
It's the road system and traffic more than straight line distance that causes the problem. It's 45 minutes to an hour from there to my sister's place. -I know if I've 'had a few' I won't feel like driving anywhere-

...but then again an extra 70 bucks to spend on goodies instead of a room sounds pretty good too...
Well, hopefully between the lot of us, we'll have plenty of floor space for the thrifty. Having a semi-local staying with us, in my opinion, would be an advantage.
Pov, Cobie... I don't know your schedule, but I have less vacation days remaining than I thought. I may fly instead, if I can find a good fare.
OK

Got a $176 fare out of White Plains. I'm flying.
I just found a $158.20 round-trip fare (San Francisco - Dallas) on United. That's less than half the price United was quoting last week. Now I just have to decide whether to return on Sunday or Monday. I'm thinking Sunday.
Caroline and I are still planning and wanting to go but the odds are currently not in our favor. Our trip to SD left us a bit more broke than I had planned on, especially with just myself working at the moment. But we are keeping our hopes up.
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
I just found a $158.20 round-trip fare (San Francisco - Dallas) on United. That's less than half the price United was quoting last week. Now I just have to decide whether to return on Sunday or Monday. I'm thinking Sunday.
C'mon, Semi! Stay til the bitter end!

Air fares are going up and done like Bill Clinton's pants lately. Some good bargains in the offing, if you keep your eyes open. A $174 bargain I'd found but vanished on Yahoo travel reappeared on Priceline's list at the $176, where I snagged it... Hopefully the travel gods will smile upon Scott and Caroline.

I'm arriving 7pm on the 5th, flying out Monday morning, and booked a cheap rental car for the duration, so I can give rides. Anyone also arriving around the same time I do can meet me by the Alamo counter.
Regarding hotels, a bunch of you might want to get together and rent a suite. I used to do it all the time at the Watergate in DC with friends for New Year's. We'd pack about eight people into a suite (half had to take the floor of course, but we were all partied out by then so it was fine smile ).
Kent, haven't checked this thread in awhile. Whether flying or driving on the road-trip, it'll be great to have you there!
am so xcited, am socking $$$$ away already! $25, hey its a start.
$25?! :rolleyes:

That'll barely cover the condoms!!! eek wink
will have to use "withdrawal method" instead! wink
Kent, haven't checked this thread in awhile. Whether flying or driving on the road-trip, it'll be great to have you there!
Thanks, Cobie.

I really wanted to do a road trip, but it'll be next to impossible to swing @ this point... maybe San D next summer, if enough of us Northeasterners wanna!
But we've still got a couple of months before it happens Kent. Maybe your situation might inprove. You know a road trip is very thrifty compared to flying.

Besides I was looking forward to one of you writing a One-Vision based on the trip. laugh
I wanna go! I don't know about timing and money though. How many folks are confirmed now? Are there going to be cool guests and or creators?
MEL, it'd be great to have you!

So far: Pov, Lash, Kippers, Outdoor Miner, Semi, Vee, Beagz, Yellow Kid, Kent, hopefully Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl and myself. And maybe a few other surprises I hope! Forgive me if I left someone out laugh

As for cool guests/creators, I think Jim Lee and Barry Kitson will be there. Can't remember about Waid though.

Come join us!
But we've still got a couple of months before it happens Kent. Maybe your situation might inprove. You know a road trip is very thrifty compared to flying.
YK, sorry if I wasn't clear... I can't swing the extra time off from work to drive, so I already bought my plane ticket. Made a mistake, tho... booked for flying in on Friday eve, the 5th, not the 4th, so I'll miss most of Day One.

haven't booked a room yet, tho... not certain who's already sharing/who's looking for roomies?
Cobie, I think Scott said Waid was coming.
Barry, Mark and Mr. Wacker are all supposed to be in attendance. As of now, that hasn't changed.
Here's the official link for the con (which I though KP had put on the front page along with the other info I had posted elsewhere): http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/texas.cfm

And a quick check of the creators attending, Barry and Mark are included, along with:

Jim Lee (guest of honor)
Joe Casey
John Cassaday
Ethan van Sciver

That's the full list as of now.
Just trying to keep the buzz going. Does anyone have something in particular that he or she wants to pick up at the con? Any suggestions for getting rid of excess discretionary income?
Well, there's always spending it on me. laugh

Incidentally, I'm still waiting for the right moment to spring this on Lee, so I can't be 100% sure of my attendance just yet.
Bring him. If he doesn't like going to the con, I'll hang out with him. I don't know if I'll want to go more than one day.
Kippers! Don't you dare punk out on me!

Dallas fund is up to $33! That'll buy assloads of swell swag! wink
Hey KP i'm gonna do my best to be there.....Course me and Lash may be busy bringing those Texas studs loads of Tennnessee lovin!
I can't wait for us to hit the gay strip!
It DOES sound like hilarious fun.
Kippers, you *haveta* come! You gotta!
I just stumbled upon this, I'm going to go to Texas, around October 27th to November 12th. I'm doing a small performance trip over there. Hopefully I can get my cousins to go to this convention, if we're near there and if our booker will allow us some free time. You guys said that you might be going to some bars. There's a non-alcoholic bar around Dallas, I'll see about the name, if your free, stop by and see me sing, dance, and act and see my pretty clothes. But don't feel obligated, I just make an ass out of myself. Going to to New York for Thanksgiving if I'm lucky and if I do, I'll be able to place a demo with Jetset records, I could get my big break (doubtful, we need work). Keep you fingers crossed and have fun, oh and pace yourself, those conventions can wipe you out.

Love and Big Kisses for all,

Terry
Terry, let us know if you'll be around Dallas b/t Nov. 5th to 7th! It'll be great to meet another LWer!
Ahm gonna try my best, it's only 3 hours away, but getting away from work will be the hard part.

NightGirl Shikari Styx PrincessProjectra SpiderGirl Dawnstar Violet Kinetix
Alright, another potential con-goer! Hopefully you can make it, Mysa!
Hope to see you both!
Hey, I just found out that I have 5 days of paid vacation. So maybe....

Cobie & Pov are you guys going still? Driving down or what?
Kewl!!!

Quis, I'm pretty sure Pov and I are still driving down, and we'd love to have one more for the trip! You should definately come smile !

This is great news! We're still working out all the details, but Pov and I are driving down to Memphis and meeting up with Lash and Kippers, and then over to Dallas!
As long as you don't possess then destroy my vehicle, you're more than welcome to come along, Quis! Travel expenses shared are expenses lessened, that's for sure... lol
Quiet, quiet, quiet.

<Crickets chirp>

So who's got their reservations? Con tickets? Are we all gonna try to get into the Arlington Marriott?

Des, if you're still definite you can do this, I'll work on getting a room reserved for our carload. You, Quis and I can touch base via PM or email.

Two months, people! Don't wait until the last minute! frown wink
Originally posted by Pov:
Quiet, quiet, quiet.

<Crickets chirp>

So who's got their reservations? Con tickets? Are we all gonna try to get into the Arlington Marriott?

Des, if you're still definite you can do this, I'll work on getting a room reserved for our carload. You, Quis and I can touch base via PM or email.

Two months, people! Don't wait until the last minute! frown wink
Pov,

I thought you were doing all of that for everybody and shouldering all the expenses yourself.
hel-LOOoo! ---> PovertyLad

wink
lol

Bri, hopefully everything will be all set and I'll be OK to go. I *better* have a job by then, as not only will I not be able to go, I won't be able to eat, drive anywhere or buy clothes to wear. I'll most likely by living in a van down by the river.

So, once I get a jobby-job, it shouldn't be a prob!
If I get the raise I'm supposed to, I'll spring for as big a room as the hotel offers that I can afford... haven't reserved it yet, tho... bogged down in carrepairopolis just yet.
Well our chances have gone from less than 50/50 to about 90/10 to go. Just got to hope that I can get away long enough from work now so that we can drive it.
I hope so, Scott.
It's not looking good for me to go. My dog Buster, who is 11 and a half, had both his legs operated on this summer. The operation was not a total success and I have had to have orthotics made for him to enable him to walk. He takes a lot of care and I can't really ask (nor do I trust) anyone to be able to look after him. He's going downhill, and nothing is quite as important to me as being with him during his final time here. I'm sorry for copping out, but maybe next time.
Gosh, I hate to hear that.

I hope he's not in much pain? You take care of your friend, Brent.
Scott, that's great news! I hope you and Caroline can make it!

Kent, same thing! You too Kippers laugh

Semi, I hope Buster isn't in much pain and that you get the chance to spend some time with him. I'm sure you'll be able to make it to one of these sometime.
My condolences, Semi.

I once had a dog named Buster, too... his legs went. A big, friendly, dumb-as-dirt golden retriever. still miss him.
You have nothing to apologize for, Semi. I understand completely. Be well.
Update time!

Semi, are you still out? I was looking forward to meeting you. frown

Cobie, are you in? Pov? Kippers? Are you guys still coming here? I hope so! I was hoping to clear the furniture in my living room so we could build a bitchen fort in front of the TV!

My Dallas fund is now up to a whopping $45! Look out, LOIS LANE back issues!
MLLASH, I will be coming down with POV
You ARE? Are you guys coming here? That's so cool!

I need to know what everyone's favorite soft drink is, and is anyone diabetic because if not I'll make us a big pitcher of genuine Tennessee sweet tea. It's da BOMB!

And is anyone picky about restaurants? Favorite kinds of food?
And is anyone against building a bitchen fort out of pillows and blankets? wink
I'll bring my foam Marvin helmet I got from 6 Flags! laugh
I'm still out as far as I can guess. Who knows what will happen over the next month or so? I haven't canceled my hotel reservation yet (fingers crossed), but I don't have a flight booked.
And is anyone against building a bitchen fort out of pillows and blankets? wink
Oh yes indeedy! We're going to build a hallway Legion HQ fort out of mattresses and bomb the kitchen fort mercilessly!
Bwah ha ha ha ha!!

edit: I thought you said "kitchen" not "bitchen"

Yeah, I'm still in. Now I have to meet Barry and get him drunk enough to volunteer for the attack on the bitchin' fort!
Update time for me (and a good place to announce some news):

Well, it looks like I'll probably be getting a job next week! A Reinsurance Broker in Greenwich, CT has informed me that I am the best candidate for a job there, and is currently checking my references. This news has left me totally speechless--I've been so depressed all summer about looking for a job, and now I'm going to finally get one!

Now I've got to see if I can get those days off and come down with Quis and Pov. I really want to meet you guys (I mean for example, I've been talking to Lash for five years! I've gotta meet him!)

I know that the busy season for the company is Thanksgiving to Jan.15, so I have a feeling that they might want people to take all their days off before this hits. If this means me, I think I can get those days off...

And there will be definately some fort buildin'! And I want that Tennessee sweet tea!

And gasp! You can all see how good lookin' I really am!
Just to make sure: if I were able to go, I'd need to be able to take off that Wed-Fri, and maybe the Monday after (the 3rd to the 8th). I should have a solid idea in the next few weeks...

Keep your fingers crossed!
Congrats, Cobes! The only thing worse than HAVING a job is LOOKING for one!

The sweet tea awaits you!
Yay, Cobie gots a job! Woohoo! laugh

As far as our roadtrip, it'd be a tight squeeze if we left after you got out of work Tuesday for Memphis... I'd actually been planning for earlier in the day, to give us a decent rest stop somewhere along the way.

And getting you back here for work on Tuesday would mean leaving straight from the convention on Sunday.

All doable, it's just going to take some planning.
Good work, Des! I'm proud of ya!
In the words of Oscar, "Work is the curse of the drinking class!"

good catch on work, Cobie! I undertand the time-off dillemma well... that's why I opted to fly instead of joining the road trip, more's the pity.

Lashie, dare I ask what's in Tennessee tea? Is it anything like a Long Island Ice Tea?
I think Lashie spits in it, too. drool wink
As long as he only spits lol
you guys have me hoping the hotel has a decent selection of BOTTLED beers.
Has anyone ordered tickets yet? Just got this in my Wizard e-mail newsletter:

JUST ANNOUNCED!

All advance ticket orders for Wizard World Texas will receive an exclusive sketch cover variant of the variant cover for Wolverine #20, ! This book was originally only available to retailers who ordered 65 OR MORE COPIES OF WOLVERINE #20! That's right, this is the Sketch Variant of the Variant Cover! This is the first issue in the "Enemy of the State," storyline and begins the run of Mark Millar and John Romita Jr. on Wolverine! Also, you will receive an exclusive sketch cover variant of the first issue to Top Cow's top secret new series by Marc Silvestri! This new title, written by a classified superstar scribe, will be announced in Wizard #157, on-sale September 29th!

We're not kidding! You get these exclusive comics, but only if you pre-order tickets. Everyone picks up their free comics at the show, none will be mailed! Awesome, baby!
[img]http://store1.yimg.com/I/wizarduniverse_1812_51530612[/img]
mE AM HAVE SO MUCH MONEY, AND AM HATE YOU ALL SO MUCH, ME STAY HOME AND NOT GO!!

hOORAY!!
Anyone know what airports the convention center is closest too? I'm trying to see if Southwest flies there cause I might have a free ticket...
Originally posted by Soy-Monkey Eater Lad:
Anyone know what airports the convention center is closest too? I'm trying to see if Southwest flies there cause I might have a free ticket...
Monkey Eater Lad,

It is in Arlington Texas, I think. I don't know which Airport is closest to the convention.

Here is a map of the Dallas/Ft Worth area (including Arlington) Dallas Map

According to Southwest's web site, they fly to the Dallas Love Airport.

Checking another map, the Dallas Love Airport doesn't seem that far away from the Arlington Convention Center Other Dallas Map
Cross your fingers guys! I start work tomorrow, so over the course of the next week or three, I'll find out about whether I can make Dallas...

You have no idea how bad I want to drive cross-country with Pov and Quis, and then Lash and Kippers, to finally meet everyone in Dallas.

*choke*
Well, everyone who doesn't have to make it over the Rockies, anyway ... *sigh*
The convention wont stand a chance to this gathering of heroes.

Dallas should be nice..but like Beagz said with Texas weather one never knows. Be prepared for anything ( except a hurricane, Florida got those reserved this year)
The weather could either be really hot or mild to cool. Arlington is near the middle between Dallas and Fort Worth. Easy cab ride. Anyone going to Dallas should pack for extremes becasue that is how the weather is.
I get the feeling that one of us "semi-locals" is going to get all the fun of playing taxi service but that's cool too.(as long as you don't mind a bumpy ride in an old pickup truck)
Thanks for the info. Alas, for some odd reason Southwest (the airlines where I could probably get a free ticket from) doesn't fly from Oakland to Dallas even though they fly to both places! Buggersville! According to Southwest:

"Travel into and out of Dallas Love Field is subject to the limitations of the Wright Amendment. Federal law prohibits Southwest from offering for sale, or providing transportation between, Dallas Love Field and any point beyond Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Mississippi, and Alabama."

Who is this Wright dude and why won't he let me go to Wizworld Dallas!?! I can get to like 5 other Texas cities but they're all hours away from Arlington frown Yeesh, how big is Texas? I thought California and like Alaska were the only states where you could drive for hours and be in the same state...
Well, if Caroline and I get to go we'll have a mini-van with unlimited miles. We'll be more than glad to pick up and drop off at the airport and such.
I swear I'd drive out to L.A. and pick you up if I could Grey. Hey man, it's only a 24 hour drive from Okie City. It'll be a blast I'm sure but no way can it be a complete "gathering of heroes" without our resident crumudgeon.
Temporarily un-highlighted; will re-highlight tomorow.
We live West of the Rockies too Steve. Its a 1500 mile trip for us. Assuming we do get to go after my extended illness.

And you better re-highlight this Lash. Don't make me come after you. laugh
Re-headlined even though having Scott come after me WAS tempting...
I may still. wink
Does anyone have any objections to moving this thread to Dr. Gym'll so that it doesn't get lost in the general hilarity that goes on in the MMB? Maybe by moving it we can get Barry to drop in with his plans for the con or entice other members to join us.
The list of pro attendees has been majorly updated. Along with Barry and Mark, Keith Champagne will be there. Here's the full list of comic pros:

COMIC CREATORS

Jim Lee
(Superman, Batman, X-Men)
Richie Blackmon
(Necro-City Chronicles)
Giuseppe Camuncoli
(The Intimates artist)
Sergio Cariello
(ATP Studios Presents)
Joe Casey
(The Intimates, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes writer)
John Cassaday
(Astonishing X-Men artist)
Kody Chamberlain
(30 Days of Night: Bloodsucker Tales)
Keith Champagne
(ATP Studios Presents)
Brian Denhan
(The Darkness artist)
Paul Dini
(Batman Animated, "Lost" TV writer)
Raven Gregory
(The Gift writer)
Barry Kitson
(Legion artist)
Scott Kurtz
(PvP writer/artist)
Michael Lark
(Batman: Gotham Central artist)
John Lucas
(Codename: Knockout artist)
Angel Medina
(Spawn artist)
Stephan Nilson
(Metal Locus)
Brian Pulido
(Lady Death writer/creator)
Tone Rodriguez
(Violent Messiahs, Snake Plisskin artist)
Marc Silvestri
(Top Cow Productions founder, Hunter-Killer artist)
Peter Steigerwald
(Fathom, Ekos, Soulfire colorist)
Koi Turnbull
(Fathom: Cannon Hawke artist)
Michael Turner
(Fathom, Soulfire creator)
Ethan van Sciver
(Green Lantern artist)
Mark Waid
(Fantastic Four, Legion writer)
Skottie Young
(Human Torch, Venom artist)
AND for those who enjoy other than print superstars, Erica Durance (the new Lois Lane) has now been scheduled. Along with her it appears a mini Buck Rogers reunion will happen with both Gil Gerard and Erin Grey attending. Other mass media stars:

David Goyer
('Blade Trinity' director)
Jason Mewes
('Clerks', 'Mallrats', 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back' )
Julie Benz
(Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel)
Richard Hatch
(Battlestar Galactica)
Lou Ferrigno
(The Incredible Hulk)
Edwin Neal
(The Hitcher" from the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre." )
John Kassir
(Tales from the Crypt’s Crypt Keeper)
Jacqueline Moore
(Wrestler)
Scott L. Schwartz
(Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Ocean’s 11)
Jackson Botswick
(Shazam!)
Virgil
(Wrestling Legend)
For good measure, here are the confirmed exhibitors:

Across The Pond Studios
ACTOR
Antarctic Press
Ape Entertainment
Aspen
Beckett Entertainment Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
Comic Images
Court Jester
DC Comics
Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc
Diamond Select Toys
DreamWorks SKG
Funimation Productions, Ltd.
Genio Cards Inc Gen Con, LLC.
Heritage Comics Auctions
Kris Kidd Productions
New Line Cinema
Palisades Toys
Playground Maniacs, Inc.
SCORE
Sony- Playstation
Southern Island LLC
Tow Cow Productions
Viper
Wizard Entertainment
WizKids
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:
Does anyone have any objections to moving this thread to Dr. Gym'll so that it doesn't get lost in the general hilarity that goes on in the MMB? Maybe by moving it we can get Barry to drop in with his plans for the con or entice other members to join us.
WEll, Scott, it's been here all along, and people (like me) are looking for it here.

I've been away last 'couple weeks, and this is one of my first places to check. had it been moved, I'da been outta sorts, as I rarely go to Gym'lls.
I got my convention tix ordered. Now, the room...! smile
I've moved forward on getting the room. I'll need to book the flight pretty soon.
any count on how many rooms we have so far? still not sure if i'll have to share a floor somewhere.
Where will everyone meet at the convention? I will have to drive in (about 2 hrs from Arlington) and was wondering where all the LW's will be to finally put faces to names.
The DC booth seems like an obvious choice. It worked pretty well at San Diego.
DC booth sounds good to me.

Stargazer the convention is at the Arlington Convention Center. Is that any closer to where you live? The details are posted somewhere on one of the earlier pages of this thread.

I just reserved our mini-van for the trip. Now all I have to do is bite the bullet and buy the con tickets. Everything else can be cancelled if we can't make it except for those tickets. That's why I'm hesitating.
Originally posted by Soy-Monkey Eater Lad:
Thanks for the info. Alas, for some odd reason Southwest (the airlines where I could probably get a free ticket from) doesn't fly from Oakland to Dallas even though they fly to both places! Buggersville! According to Southwest:

"Travel into and out of Dallas Love Field is subject to the limitations of the Wright Amendment. Federal law prohibits Southwest from offering for sale, or providing transportation between, Dallas Love Field and any point beyond Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Mississippi, and Alabama."

Who is this Wright dude and why won't he let me go to Wizworld Dallas!?! I can get to like 5 other Texas cities but they're all hours away from Arlington frown Yeesh, how big is Texas? I thought California and like Alaska were the only states where you could drive for hours and be in the same state...
It is a stupid limitation imposed on them when they started operating out of Love Field. I never understood the reasoning behind it myself.

A little tip for you though. You can schedule a roundtrip flight from Oakland to, say Oklahoma City, or Birmingham AL and your free roundtrip and then another from one of those approved locations to Dallas. You just need to do them as seperate tickets. The Dallas roundtrip should be relatively inexpensive for you if you don't have enough coupons for a second freebie.
Deathstoke Lad-

Arlington is not any closer to where I live but I drive up there to visit a brother who moved there. From where I live it would be 2 hr 20 min. Given the state of traffic/constuction could be a little less.

DC booth is the obvious choice...DUH! what the heck was I thinking.
maybe we should have a designated contact person at the hotel, too.

I'd volunteer, but I don't arrive til Friday night. I'm sure many others are getting there sooner than me.
A contact person would be a great idea.. what hotel is everyone staying at again? I have made reservations but am I at the wrong one?
This is the one most of us will be staying at: http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/DALAR

BTW, anyone that I've talked to about reservations, you need to PM or e-mail your mailing address soon.
Pov and the rest, I promise to let you know my status as soon as I find it out. I'm going to be really bummed if I can't go frown

I guess I'll just have to keep calling Pov and Quis's phones the whole time to bother you all...
I've decided I should go the cheap route and stay at my sister's place for the weekend but I'll be around as long as possible all the rest of the time.
I was wondering if anybody has one of those button making thingies. A Legion or a LMBP button would be too cool for school and help us immediately identify each other. (really, I'm NOT a tall stern looking bald guy like my avatar. My hair is curly and down to my shoulder blades and I used to be totally cute - just ask my wife laugh )

edit:
oops...I do tend to be a bit group centric, that should be a LegionWorld button. I realize not everybody at LW is a LMBPer (even though they should be)and a button we could all share would be great.
Arthur, all LWers have been drafted into the LMB and vice versa, so the two terms can be used inter-changibly these days smile

Unless of course, they've been branded a villian and thrown out! laugh
OOH! OOH! NOW can I post The PICTURE?!?! wink evil
Gasp! Not...the PICTURE!!!
YES!!!

<font size="14">The PICTURE!!!</font s>
Lightning Lad-

Thanks for the link..I believe my room is there as well. YAHOO!

Some type of badge would be cool. Would make it somewhat eaiser since I have not met any of you guys.
Uh oh
...the picture!?!

Waitamimmit, what picture? Not that huge thing I didn't know how to resize is it? -heh heh- first pic I ever posted online and boy was it a big mother.
I'm not allowed by our by-laws to post THE picture, so here's a close approximation:

[Linked Image]

Only sweatier. And nipplier. And sleeping. lol
P.S., my res is set at the Arlington Marriott. Thanks, Scooter. smile
Guys.....

Several personal commitments are going to keep me away this time. I'll really miss meeting all of you. Maybe next time...

Sigh. frown
NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
mad frown
I thought the trip was a personal commitment.
I hate to say this but it looks like Caroline and I won't be making it either. My lost time at work due to my pneumonia royally messed up our finances. There is still a chance, however slight, we may be able to go so I'll hold off cancelling any of our reservations until week after next.

But if we can't go someone HAS to get me a sketch of Garth from Barry.
Darn, now the gay orgy to make all the straight guys uncomfortable will not be as fun.

I am sorry you can't be there KP.
Awe man, Caroline, Scott, and Prime can't go either frown ! What about the manage a neuf? Zut alors! I was just looking into Vee's suggestion of taking connecting flights to Dallas last night too! Anybody still looking for roommates to split hotel rooms? If I can make it happen, I still wanna come.
Now I'm all having second thoughts and stuff.
Now I'm all having second thoughts and stuff.
Can Pov & I still stop in and make forts with your sofa cushions?
Sure! And I'm going, I'm just all disappointed not to meet Kippy, Scooter and Caroline. frown
Half the reason (probably more) that I wanted to go was to be able to meet Lash, Jeffy, Pov and possible Stu and the others we didn't get to see in San Diego.

If I can win a good poker tournament between now and then maybe we can still make it.
I am really lookin forward to this trip !!
Looking forward to meeting you guys as well.
Ive confirmed reservation at the Ressie Inn as well. Let the fun begin !!
there'll still be plenty of us.

I wish Scott and Caroline good fortune in aligning their finances. if I hadn't already bought my airfare months ago, I might not be going either. But I will, luckily.
I'm so jealous of you guys that got to go to San Diego this year.
Dallas or bust, bubba. I'm still planning to be there.
I just wanted to point out that I really do feel bad.
I feel bad you can't be there too. I guess the PCG will just have to put the plan to kidnap the newly elected Legion Leader on hold...again.

Drats - and I was so sure the free publicity would result in a sales spike in the Supervillian Accessories Boutiques.
BTW-

Somebody bringing their laptop? A webcam maybe? Does anyone have any idea whether the hotel has a high speed connection?
A webcam LMBP convention party would space rawk!
BTW-

Somebody bringing their laptop? A webcam maybe? Does anyone have any idea whether the hotel has a high speed connection?
A webcam LMBP convention party would space rawk!
The hotel, the Residence Inn at least, does offer free high speed access. And I was planning on bringing my laptop. But I don't own a webcam. I feel there are enough horror show pictures on the web as it is.
A web cam would be fun, post and let me know what time, i'll stay up late. I can set up a web cam at my end too.

That will scare the natives laugh
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the programming schedule is now up at the website.

The Legion panel is currently scheduled for 2PM Friday.
Pov and Quis- will know by early this coming week. Keep your fingers crossed smile
Guys, I need addresses pronto! I need to mail out authorization forms since Caroline and I definitely will not be able to make it. Sorry.
Shoot, Scoot! That sucks... you guys're dropping like flies! frown

And Des... I've got a whole lot more than just my fingers crossed for you! wink
I need to mail out authorization forms
Eh? Authorization forms?
I agree with Yellow Kid. Auth form for what??
Yeah, cough it up, have we been selected for an Espionage Squad mission?

LMBP: The Series - Codename: Strikeforce Yellow
"Deep in the underbelly of the Wizard World, the LMBP Strikeforce uncovers an unholy alliance. A simple roadtrip turns deadly when..."

laugh
You guys don't have your authorization forms? All Legion Worlders attending the con have to be approved by Gary or myself or you can't go.

Really.

I'm serious.

laugh

Actually its for some of those I helped with a room.
Ah, I see. Man, I just can't seem to get any action lately. Besides, it occured to me that Pov is a (slightly)senior Legionnaire to me so it'd have to be
LMBP The Series: A Sign of Poverty Dawning

...or something laugh
Hey L.Lad-
You mean your not paying for all the rooms? LOL

Man I really need that form! Who do you have to get cozy with to get one.

I'm with Yellow Kid..no action at all. (evil grin)
BTW

I may have to change hotels. Seems the person I was going with has backed out. I am looking at the Wingate which is in front of the Residence Inn. They have a better rate..did I mention the indoor pool.
If I do this, are we still meeting at the DC booth or has an activity director been appointed?
Since it is getting closer I was kinda wondering if any time schedule has been placed in motion.
Man I am full of questions tonight.
See? Being a senior Legionnaire has it's perks. I nominate Pov for Activity Director. laugh

-heh- party in Pov's room?
I'm curious as to how many people will be bringing cars, and would folks be willing to carpool in to the con in the morning, since the Convention Center is reportedly not that close to the Residence Inn.

As for a meet-up, the Legion Panel is at 2PM on Friday, so I'd suggest meeting outside the DC booth by 1 PM or so. Give us time to hang out for a bit and introduce ourselves before hitting the panel. (Assuming that's what we want to do.)
Sounds like a good idea to me.
I know I will have my vehicle and I would be happy to do a little carpool. The Legion has to stay together right?

I second Yellow Kid's nomination for POV.
I DEFinitely want to hit that LEGION panel!
Sorry to report that I won't be able to attend this year either. Just got the estimate on the roof and...well, let's just say that when I saw it I felt a little like this ====> faint

Granted, the insurance will pay for most of it but the deductible on hurricane damage is daunting to say the least. eek

I was really looking forward to meeting all of you, and maybe getting Barry to draw a Mon-El pic for me. Oh well, I guess that will have to wait until next time. frown
Vee, That's too bad. I was wondering if the hurricanes would cause you to have to spend money on repairs rather than travel. I'm wondering if the contractors there have upped their prices because of all the repair work.
Damn! Legion panel is Friday at 2... I don't get in til 7. that's the way my luck's been going lately.
We'll take notes...and really really REALLY try to get Barry to hang out with us for a while.
That would be cool to have Barry hang out.
How many members are planning to be there?
I hate to hear about last minute cancels, and I sure understand finances..Ugh
Has anyone started a list?
Well, Pov & I will be attending.

Question for those who live in the area. What has the temperature/weather been like and what is it expected to be for the convention. What will be the temp in degrees? Cause 50s & 60s are cool not cold for me.
50's and 60's are shorts weather! Or less! eek wink
50's and 60's are shorts weather! Or less! eek wink
Less -- that would have to be SHAKES silver thongs. Should I have a supply Fed-Ex'd to the Arlington Marriot Residence Inn?
We'd certainly stand out.

I'm still planning to go.
Well I will be there...
My room is at the Wingate Inn which is in front of residence inn ( had to go cheaper rate) plus I will be close enough to carpool if needed.

The weather sure has been strange. Was cool last week but this week in the 90's.
I suggest you bring shorts ( thats what I will have) but will bring some jeans..just in case
I was just reminded by another thread that I owe Barry a large pint. So if you guys do get together for drinks by him one for me. I'm good for the money.

Miner, Lash and Stu, your forms are on the way. With the cancellations I think that covers everyone.
Wait...Lash is the senior Legionnaire on the mission?
Oh boy am I in trouble.
laugh

I don't do thongs, old, fat and out of shape...not a pretty sight.

...but...
I'll be there with my little S-10 pickup, I can only carry one passenger but I can at least haul stuff if anyone needs me to. That would save a seat or two in the carpool.
Like I've said before, we work best as a team.
Guys, I can't make to Dallas frown [Linked Image]

I have to work on my application to grad school and I'm been taking on weekend cartooning jobs that cut into my free time. I soooo wanted to meet you guys in person, go the Legion panel, try to add to my Legion sketch collection too frown (Remember to post them in that one Legion sketch thread when ya get 'em), and go clubbin' with Lash and co. Sadly if I were flying from San Francisco/Oakland I would have missed most of friday anyways. Anyways have fun and take lots of high quality scandalous pictures to share with us all!
Sorry, MEL. I'll order the monkey brains in your honor. wink
Miner, Lash and Stu, your forms are on the way. With the cancellations I think that covers everyone.
Me, too, please? frown
MONKEY!!!! NoooOOOooooo!

Well, phooey. Maybe next year!
[b] Miner, Lash and Stu, your forms are on the way. With the cancellations I think that covers everyone.
Me, too, please? frown [/b]
Sorry Bri. Yours too. Did you send me your new address? I have your work one but your personal one is from back in March which is before your move right?
I thought I did. confused

I'll e-mail it to you again, Scooter.
I thought you had too. Knowing me I didn't save over your old one. Sorry. shocked
laugh De nada. And thanks!
I think we can now call ourselves the espionage squad.. lol
frown

Still can't believe I'm going to miss this

frown

PS: When is the next one that I should start planning for?
hey Yellow Kid, I agree with Stargazer. The weather could be hot enough for shorts and t-shirt or cold enough for jeans and a sweater.
Perhaps you could contact the Chippendales' supplier and and get some rip-away shirts and slacks. That way you'd be prepared for any weather. laugh
The weather is just to strange..I actually got a little to much sun this weekend..little crispy.

Plan for anything !

Man I am so ready to go.
I'd still like to know (in degrees) how cold is "cold enough"? How cold does it usually get around this time of year?
I checked weather.com, and they're forecasting ballpark 70's for highs, 50's for lows, Quis.
Oooooooh, what to BUY, what to BUY?

A copy of Adventure 247 or artwork from Barry? lol
I'd like to see a Legion World con in or near NY. Dallas is way too far for me to go.
I dont believe weather men can forcast that far.
Unless we get some serious cold front, which you never know. Pov should be right. Being from Ohio myself..it dont get all that cold here.

But it never hurts to plan!
Originally posted by Stargazer:
I dont believe weather men can forcast that far.
Why not? It's not like their job requires them to be accurate.

You can never be sure of the weather in Ohio. Winters tend to be mild but then you get that one day where you get 15 inches of snow.
So very true. smile
Just another reminder for those of you going. Take Barry out and buy him a drink on me. Show the guy a good time. Heck, if you can get Mark to come along I'll pay for him too. smile
LL I promise we will do our best.
Okay... less cash on hand than I'd hoped.

anybody gonna have extra floorspace in your various hotel rooms?
Quis and I'll give you some floor, Kent. smile
cool beans!

thanks!

I'm scheduled to arrive @DFW @ 7pm... trying to get an earlier flight, but doubting it.

Let me know how to get ahold a you guys, what name/s to seek out.
7pm Friday, the 5th, that is.
I will have room as well Kent.
What airport you flying into??
"DFW" is probably Dallas/Ft. Worth, the same airport a lot of us will be flying into.

Those who are flying into Ft. Worth and are not renting a car should remember to put aside some cash for the cab ride.
Sorry..dont know what I was thinking.. I was also was thinking about Lovefield in Dallas.

Are we needing to set up carpool from the airport?
Love Field is closer, but it has these odd flight restrictions that don't make it cheap for those of us coming in from farther away.

A carpool is a good idea, but it may depend on everyone showing up at a similar time. I'm due to arrive at about 4:15 PM Thursday. I wouldn't want anyone arriving a lot earlier to have to wait for me, and I doubt they would want to, either.
Understand that-

I am comming in Friday Morning..I live close enough to drive.
Hope to see you then.
Looking forward to it.

Should we do a last roll call of attendees?
Ironically, even tho I can't afford a room, I pre-booked and pre-paid a car months ago, so I can play chauffeur for the weekend.

I know a lot of you are meeting before the LSH panel (still mad I'm missing it!), but hopefully those of us arriving late can be left a trail of crumbs to figure out where you lot meander off to.
Kent,

You'll have to ask Pov for the motel/hotel info and our arrival time. We are driving down fron CT (starting Tuesday Morning) We are picking MLLASH up in Memphis. I'm just going along for the ride or is it that Pov is taking me for a ride? wink
I really wish I was going to this! I want updates constantly!

When you guys get to Memphis, leave out no detail! Allow me to live vicariously through all of you on this! Dallas updates constantly!

*choke*

Keep poor Cobie in mind... smile
And Caroline and I too!
Well I know I am arriving on Friday morning and have plans to stay weekend.
I am staying at the Wingate Inn..(in front of Residence Inn)
I am so looking forward to this and to meet the people behind LW..
The countdown is on my friends...
I'm driving down to Ft. Worth Thursday and spending a little time being sociable with my sister before abandoning her for the weekend's frivolity.

Yay! After almost four years of knowing you guys I am SO looking forward to meeting some of you face to face.

My wife is away on business and she has my laptop so I can't bring a computer to use BUT I solemnly swear that if we have internet access we'll delegate somebody to do updates to the site. k?...actually to be fair we should take turns doing the updates.
Yellow..sounds like a plan..
I believe the hotel I am at has a bussiness center so we may be able to post. I dont have a lap top but it is something we can look into.
I really wish I was going to this! I want updates constantly!

When you guys get to Memphis, leave out no detail! Allow me to live vicariously through all of you on this! Dallas updates constantly!

*choke*

Keep poor Cobie in mind... smile
And Caroline and I too!
And Vee! Don't forget about me! frown
I really really wish everyone could show up for the ultimate LegionWorld party. That would SO space-rawk!

Maybe for next year's round of conventions we can do a Legion West/Legion East thingumabob. If we plan on it way ahead hopefully we can pick something each way that works for maximizing schedules and available capital. Then us Legion Central guys can carpool and meet everybody!
Just let us have lots of reports, and tiit bits and any scandle and we will be happy YK. In fact if you cant get any real scandle, just make a few bits up for us laugh

oh and PICTURES!! we need lots and lots of pictures.

and we want to have a word by word account of the legion panel and , and , and ......;D

Get Barry a beer from me will you and I'll return the favour when we meet up ok?
Hey, Cobes! Last chance to ditch your crappy job! 24 hours, and the clock is ticking! DON'T BE A WAGE SLAVE! wink hug
Yea, and they shall know him by his sign...

click to enlarge
Hey, Cobes! Last chance to ditch your crappy job! 24 hours, and the clock is ticking! DON'T BE A WAGE SLAVE! wink hug
I'm not a wage slave, but I am a T slave. (The T being the Boston Subway system)
I'm getting all excited and stuff!
I hope you have enough cushions so we can build that fort (aka Legion Clubhouse)
Have foam Marvin helmet, will travel!
I'll bet Lash is "excited". Anybody else remember his "I'm going to bag a creator" thread?
lol

You betcha we'll do everything we can to infuse the board with our excitement! I'll be sure to report on all the scandals we can dream up. We'll tell Sketch Lad what Barry's hair looks like and what Mark and Barry had to drink!
Oh the possibilities.
Hey Cobie!

Call in sick on Mon and Fri, and you can hide in my luggage. Just meet me at White Plains...
I might bag 3 or 4!
Originally posted by Kent:
Hey Cobie!

Call in sick on Mon and Fri, and you can hide in my luggage. Just meet me at White Plains...
Wow, White Plains is pretty close to my work, Kent!

I wish there'd be like a nation wide black-out or metor shower or something, so I could scurry away in the confusion in your luggage!
Lash's "Creators to have Sex With" list

1. Mike Allred

2. Geoff Johns

3. That guy who drew the Legion World covers

4. Michael Turner
Kent's list:

1. Colleen Doran

2. Colleen Doran

3. Colleen Doran

4. Colleen Doran
If Cobie was going:

1. Hot girl in Supergirl outfit
2. Hot girl in She-Ra outfit
3. Jessica Alba
4. Eliza Dushku
5. Hot girl in Princess Leia outfit
6. Random hot girl at the bar
7. Cool comic book creator’s daughter

Jeepers! Look what I’m missing out on! Poor Jessica Alba…now she’s suffering too…
Originally posted by Kent:
Kent's list:

1. Colleen Doran

2. Colleen Doran

3. Colleen Doran

4. Colleen Doran
Ah, Kent... a sentient after my own hearts! Though I'd bump it up to five, and slip Gail Simone in at 3 or 4... evil lol wink
The day is almost here...I am getting major warm fuzzies!

Yahoo...

Be careful on your drive in guys. Also the rain should be gone and the temp should be great!
Upper 60 to 70 during day. mid 40's in the evening. Heck thats nakkid weather.

I wish there'd be like a nation wide black-out or metor shower or something, so I could scurry away in the confusion in your luggage!
I think the post-election chaos will have all the diversion you need and more.
Have a wonderful time everybody, don't get lost (or arrested) in Texas and, for heaven's sake, POST US SOME SPOILERS!
If Waid is as open in Dallas as he was in Baltimore, there may well be plenty of spoilers to post.
You all have fun now. And please, just behave while you are at the RI. Tear up the town by all means but keep it on the qt at the hotel. You don't want me hunting you down if I get a call from them. laugh
I was thinking we'd tear up Stargazer's hotel instead. I mean, it's right next door.
by all means but keep it on the qt at the hotel. You don't want me hunting you down if I get a call from them. laugh
evil
And I'm off to vote, gas up and pick up Quis... see you all in a few from Lash's living room! hug hug
OOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOh I'm excited! Be careful guys!
Good trip, Pov and Quis!

See ya Friday!

and vote in as many states as you can along the way!
You all have fun now. And please, just behave while you are at the RI. Tear up the town by all means but keep it on the qt at the hotel. You don't want me hunting you down if I get a call from them. laugh
Scott, the Legion World "Dad". smile
I'm as jealous as the runner-up for Prom Queen.

Pov is on the road with Quis right now on the way to Lash's! By Friday, they'll all be in Dallas!

Jeepers H. Tutu!
I will be sure to have gatherings in my room..
Man I wish you could all be there!!

Oh I will try to behave too.
Pov and Quis might in Memphis with Lash at any moment!
Might behave?

We'll see.
Originally posted by Leap Year Lass:
Might behave?

We'll see.
With the line-up going over there? lol

It's like a who's who of misbehaviors!
Drive safe!
We'll see you guys Friday!
Remind me to bring bail money.
One more day of work to get through!!!! then fly fly fly.
nobody's posted here all day!?!

just lil ol me.

I'm outta here... see y'all in-or from-the Big D!
I have been out of town last couple days with work...finally made it with time to pack for the weekend...This is so gonna ROCK...

Watch out Dallas!
Have fun guys!

I expect a full check-in report the minute someone gets internet access!
I wonder how the Legion panel went.
They never checked in today? Hope they are okay. And not one comic news site had anything on today's Legion panel. shake
They never checked in today? Hope they are okay. And not one comic news site had anything on today's Legion panel. shake
I know. frown
And not one comic news site had anything on today's Legion panel. shake
Well, Newsarama made a point of saying they'd only report new news.
Okay, here's Newsarama's coverage of Legion news:

Legion of Super-Heroes will be 40 pages each month.
[/End coverage]
I love in depth reporting laugh

And where the sprock are our Dallas LWers? Do you think they need bail money? Maybe they escaped to Mexico?
Originally posted by Reboot:
Okay, here's Newsarama's coverage of Legion news:

Legion of Super-Heroes will be 40 pages each month.
[/End coverage]
It's going to be 30 pages. I think at one point, someone accidentally said "40" -- kind of odd that this would have been the one thing that was reported.

I'm sure someone will start a thread on the Legion board discussing what Mark, Barry, and Steve talked about at the Legion and DC panels in Dallas. I'm a bit too sleepy to do it now, but I'll say that those guys are some of the nicest, funniest, down-to-earth folks I've ever met, and that my excitement about the upcoming Legion #1 seriously skyrocketed over the weekend...

(I'm also unhighlighting this thread and highlighting the "con chat" thread.)

And where the sprock are our Dallas LWers? Do you think they need bail money? Maybe they escaped to Mexico?
I got out alive.

Though Mexico may be where my luggage ended up.

I expect a full check-in report the minute someone gets internet access!
Which none of us had.

Whoops.
Actually, we all had it.

We just wanted to be cruel. laugh
Sssshh.

(I was tryin' to keep us out of trouble.)
Eh.

I figure I needed to catch up on my <font size="5">BANNED!</font s> quota after being ban-free for a whole four days... wink
Well I am back...(actually got back Sunday just still recovering)
I had the BEST time at the con...Really!
I loved meeting the gang that showed..it seemed as if I have known them forever. We laughed, we ate Sonic, we bought comics. (Some even danced!)

Barry, Mark and the DC crew were the nicest guys.
I even ran into Mark a couple of times out on the floor and he was just being a fan boy too looking for back issues he had missed.

The DC pannels were great and entertaining. There is so much to tell...I dont know were to start.

Did I mention how much I enjoyed the gang who showed!

BTW.. I am a safe driver..no matter what anyone reports!
Glad you had a good time, Stargazer, but where are the reports we've ordered?!? wink Of course, we have a special thread for that. (Texas Con Chat, IIRC.)
© Legion World