Legion World
Posted By: Bevis Go on, flatter yourself - 12/21/04 09:56 AM
OK, so most of the time all we ever do is say what we're not ahppy about ourselves, or shy away demurely when people flatter us. But just for once lets be a bit vain and flatter ourselves. What do you like about yourself, what are you good at, what makes you pleased to be you? Are you dead sexy, or incredibly talented or fantastic in the sack? This isn't a time for false modesty or hiding your light, it's a time to blow your trumpet and feel just a little bit smug about yourself. Everyone has *something* that they like about themselves even if they also have things that they don't like.

I'll start.

I know I'm kinda cute. I certainly have killer cheekbones and lips that most girls (and a lot of guys) would kill for. I don't know if I'm *really* sexy, but I like the way I look. I like my pointy nose and biggish ears and pointy eyebrows. I didn't used to, but I do now. I'm not classically good looking by a long shot but I think I'm fairly sexy.

I'm also a good artist and writer. There are some things I'm not so good at (hands and feet for example) but I know where my shortcomings are and am working on them. But I also know where my strong points lie and I like the fact that I can draw and create stories that other people like. I've got to the point now where I can take praise for my artistic skills and be happy for what it is. It's praise for something that I do well and it makes me happy. It also makes me happy that something I do, something that I've created wholey on my own or in partnership with someone else, makes other people happy. That's a very good thing.

Plus I know I'm good in bed. Not going into details but I know I'm a good lover. wink

So how's about everyone else? Don't be shy, tell us why you love you. smile
Posted By: the boy with UltraPowers Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/21/04 11:56 AM
i'd say that my strongest asset, would be my easy going nature !!!

i takes a lot to get me mad, or to lose my temper !!

i will always try to see the good in everyone, and i'll try to see a story from both sides, by not making snap judgements and listening to the facts first !!

Matthew.
Posted By: PolarBoy Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/21/04 12:03 PM
You wouldn't know it because of my bad spelling but im sort of smart. Also I like to think that I can be quiet creative and arty. I think Im pretty nice but Im probably wrong about that one wink
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/21/04 01:16 PM
I am intelligent and have an off-beat sense of humor. I am very patient with people. I think I am an all round good person. I do see things from a different point of view. I make a lot of "I" statements wink

I can recognize when I make a mistake (see edit message below)
Posted By: talkingcrows Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/21/04 02:21 PM
I am Psychic.I mean,Like REALLY psychic.So Psychic,in fact ,that if I told you what I did,NO ONE,would believe me.And If they did,I would think they're crazy,because no one should know shit that I know at times.(and no ,I can't actually control it all the times)
Example-I touched a girl recently,and knew instantly she was a hooker before.She knew as soon as she touched me and our eyes met,that I knew.I also knew she was abused by her family,and her dad couldn't give a shit.Sad ,sad girl,and really beautiful.
I brought this up gently with her and she pretty much verified it.I can also do other weird shit,which ya wouldnt believe,so I wont bother.
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/22/04 04:13 AM
I have very tidy handwriting (usually) and I give kick-ass presents.
Posted By: Brainiac 5 Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/22/04 04:16 AM
I'm right 96.5% of the time.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/22/04 08:23 AM
Bevis, this is a great topic!

I think the fact that I have 3 kids who are really good people is my greatest accomplishment. They are each individuals, very different from each other, but they are all really bright and talented and fun. They are gorgeous, too! I've stayed married to their mother for over 15 years, too, which makes me very proud. I must be doing something right, there.

I classify myself as an artistic type, interested in drawing and painting and singing. I love the entertainment industry; I did well in an acting class a while ago. I love fashion and glamour; I dabbled in photography at one point and got some great shots in a small amount of time. I'm superfun! My friends and I always have a blast! Whenever I can't make an event, I hear how badly I was missed. That's nice.

I have my faults too, but I sure appreciate the outlet to express a touch of positive affirmation!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/22/04 11:07 PM
I space-rawk!
Posted By: rokk steady Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/22/04 11:19 PM
I space-rokk!
Posted By: Pov Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/22/04 11:21 PM
Sorry, I got nothin'. frown shocked
Posted By: Pov Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/22/04 11:25 PM
Hey, wait a minute! eek

I kick @$$! BouncingBoy

Not only did I buy my own place this year...!

Not ONLY did I drive HALF-WAY across the freaking country for the WW Dallas LMBP gathering 2004...!

But my best friend, who knows me better than anybody this side of my Mom, asked me to be responsible for his newborn son should anything ever happen to him!

Y'know what???

I -DO- rawk! BouncingBoy wink
Posted By: knowjack Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/22/04 11:44 PM
Good topic.

First, I know I am a good friend. I have a LOT of people I would consider 'close friends', and some of them I've known since grade school. It seems every year my circle widens, and I've introduced lots of people who have become friends independent of their friendships with me. I'm not super close with my family, so it's always good to know I have my 'other' family, the one I created myself, to depend on.

Sometimes I feel like I don't have enough creative outlets, but I AM pretty good at lots of creative things. I've been in a few local plays and films, and I don't think my acting was half bad (even if I can't bear to watch myself on film). I have done lots of paintings, sketches, and other "crafty" things around my house that I'm proud of. I second guess myself about whether or not they are any good, but some of my stuff has become sort of sought after by my circle of friends, so that makes me feel good.

I feel good that I was able to drop at least 25 lbs this year. I wish I could lose that last 10 more, but 25 is a pretty big feat, and I'm proud of that. I'm not too crazy about the rest of my physical appearance, but I'll admit this: I Like My Hair. It would be great if it wasn't creeping farther back each year, but oh well.

Okay, I'll shut up..BUT I will add that I think I am a pretty good boyfriend. New Year's Resolution #1 is too be a BETTER boyfriend and stop being so damn moody!

Thanks for the topic guys. I was feeling kinda blue and out of sorts today, and this made me feel better.

Ya'll rock!
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/23/04 12:02 AM
I think I'm a fairly decent writer, and a decent artist as well, although I'm much more shy about sharing my art with people.

I think I do a fairly good job of being a sincere, friendly, good person. I have a decent sense of humor, and a devilish appreciation for bad puns.

People consider me a wise, knowledgeable fellow, but what do they know?

Everyone brags about their performance in bed, and it's usually an area I generally don't feel a need to brag. But, given the spirit of the topic, I will say that I am proud of both the number of times and the length of time that I can keep women in, shall we say, a state of bliss.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/23/04 01:40 PM
Well, I can say that I know that I’m very charming, especially when I turn it on. I can easily get smiles from just about anyone, and I’ve always been able to win the hearts of women very quickly, even when I’m at my lowest physical appearance wise. I’ve currently got three girls at the bar I work at with huge crushes on me!

I can also say that I’m a good friend, and my devotion to my friends and family is unwavering.

I’ve always been very smart and did extremely well in school in every subject I ever took.

Above all else, I think I’m proud that I’ve always had a massive amount of friends and that people seem to gravitate towards me, and that I usually end up as the unofficial leader of every group of friends I’ve ever been a part of.

Oh yeah, and I’m devilishly handsome!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/23/04 01:41 PM
*And* I know more about Spider-Man than any other living soul! cool
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/23/04 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
*And* I know more about Spider-Man than any other living soul! cool
Peter Parker might know a little bit more than you. Oh wait you did say living soul
Posted By: .. Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/23/04 02:14 PM
Well all in all, I'm just spectacular!!!
Posted By: Pov Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/23/04 03:11 PM
As dead men go, sure... wink Any corpse with all four limbs and its head attached has a distinct advantage over all the rest, I would think. smile

Quis said to Cobie:Peter Parker might know a little bit more than you.
And yet, NEITHER of them would know as much as the ONE, TRUE Spider-Man... BEN REILLY! laugh
Posted By: Awkward Pause Boy Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/23/04 04:44 PM
If I were to choose someone to rule the world, I'd choose me.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/23/04 05:31 PM
Oddly enough, I'd choose Mearl.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/23/04 09:55 PM
I can't disagree with that.
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/24/04 12:49 AM
Flattery, eh? Get's you no where.

Um...I'm toning up nicely, though not as nicely as I would like, but still.
Posted By: Pov Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/24/04 03:43 PM
Pictures! wink evil
Posted By: Bevis Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/31/04 11:25 PM
OK, I'm bumping this up simply because I haven't read any of the responses since I posted the initial post and reading them now has made me happy. There's something terribly pleasing about reading (or hearing) what people actually like abut themselves. No bragging, no conceitedness, just honest pride and pleasure in what you're good at, what makes you pleased to be you. the whole prode being a sin thing... bollocks. Being up yourself is awful, being proud of yourself is nothing but good.
Posted By: Bevis Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 12/31/04 11:31 PM
Originally posted by knowjack:
I Like My Hair. It would be great if it wasn't creeping farther back each year, but oh well.
Actually, I like the fact that I have a somewhat... extended forehead. I don't have a bald spot at the back (and if both sides of my family are anything to go by that's not something I need to worry about) but my hairline has crept back a lot since I was about nineteen so that it's gone from just a widow's peak to... well, an extended forehead as I say. Those who have met me (or maybe just seen pics of me) probably know what I'm talking about, but I just wanted to point out it's something that I like. I don't want to go blad but having a receding hairline for some reason is different. It's something I like. OK, so I find it kinda sexy in other men but still...

Ach, maybe I'm just at the point in my life where I've grown to realise that disliking things about yourself that you simply can't do anything about is pointless so you may as well learn to love them. Whatever, I'm just happy to be me and I like it when other people are happy to be who they are too. smile
Posted By: mdm2995 Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 01/01/05 01:49 PM
Well, it may not show from my postings on these boards, but I'm considered very intelligent (and I am) and I'm very, very funny (as in sense of humor funny.) I'm considered a good friend by my friends, 'cause I'm a big ol' teddy bear of a guy; actually I'm kinda short, but I'm a salt and pepper bear cub, and am a cute guy. I'm a hugger and squeezer, I call everbody baby, darlin', bubby, buddy, etc., not to be phony, just cause it's something I've always done, way before Wolverine ever came around. People just love me to death. I try to be as good to people as I can be, because that's the way I was brought up. I've been able to read at an advanced level since I was 4 or 5 years old and am a comics nut. I'm a very good lover and love big, beefy guys. I've been in a relationship for 8 years now. I have many things I need to change but for once, I'm sitting here and actually focusing on the things I know are positive, though I feel as if I'm boasting. But I'm usually very negative and self-deprecating, and this is a well-deserved chance to pat myself on the back!
Posted By: Beagz Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 01/01/05 04:41 PM
I dunno .......
One thing I like about myself is that I'm certainly one of a kind. wink
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 01/01/05 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Beagz:
I dunno .......
One thing I like about myself is that I'm certainly one of a kind. wink
...said Beagz of Cargg.
Posted By: Satire Lad Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 01/02/05 06:57 AM
Ah, finally. A chance to show off my amazing gifts, including the other techniques that could have gotten me into the Legion had my gift of appreciation of comedy genius not panned out.

Well, first of all, I'm obviously humble.

No, seriously, I am. To a fault sometimes, but I rarely stand up to claim the spotlight or take credit. I'm intelligent, comedic, and I honestly care about the happiness of those around me. I could've been 'Empathic Lad'. But then I'd have to invest in mood beads and Ben & Jerrys for everybody.

I've got the uncanny ability to have a street light go out over my head once a week, and I've worked in a place where, seriously, a light would always burn out in a warehouse every time I entered it. Freaky.

I'm tall (though, there are many who are taller, but 6'3" is tall enough, IMHO), and I've got a nice metabolism that made me the enemy of every anorexic girl in high school. I'm not the most devilishly handsome person around, but I've been told by several people I could easily pass off as a dead ringer of Brad Crawford (for those of you who've seen the old vids of Weiss Kreuz).

I enjoy long walks on the beach, reading poetry, and doing multiple games of Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em Robots at once, and I-...oh, wait, wrong thread for that. Ahem.

I've been told I make a good friend, though I don't use curses a lot, I don't dig on people, and I prefer others to be happy. I just...like to listen to other people, rather than just talk about myself all the time. Something else else a friend of mine (also a psychologist) said made me a 'statistical aberration'. So, go me. laugh
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 09/17/16 01:06 PM
Nope. I've tried, but I can't work the steamroller and get under it quickly enough. Someone else will have to make me flatter. I wonder what Ron-Karr is up to...

Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 09/17/16 01:16 PM
>rim shot<
Posted By: Thriftshop Debutante Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 09/17/16 01:19 PM
Present for thoth!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: thoth lad Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 09/17/16 01:28 PM
The happiest drive of my life. >fond memories<
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Go on, flatter yourself - 10/05/17 05:34 PM
I have luscious lips, beautiful brown eyes, and...GREAT HERA! eek
© Legion World