Legion World
The commission of Element Lad and Shrinking Violet by Rags Morales has returned from the framers. There are going to be three Legion themed pieces to create a grouping all by Rags. They were done in pencils.

[Linked Image]
I commissioned Jason Metcalf for these two (The Whizzer and Miss America) just prior to the Fan Expo Boston in 2018. They are from the Golden Age and can be seen in Marvel's Invaders, All-Star Squadron and The Liberty Legion comics. The Whizzer was also in Avengers. Sorry I do not have a digital high-resolution scanner. I used the "Noir" filter setting to compensate for the wash out I was getting off the iPad camera. They are done in pencils.

[Linked Image]
Crumbs! I almost skipped the Legion one as I thought the post was the Miss America & Whizzer one. Which is also really nice.
Here is the Rags Morales commission (one of three so far) of Element Lad and Shrinking Violet in their original uniforms unframed and unimpeded by the glare. I hope everyone enjoys this series as much as I am. Look for more commissions I have in the works from artist like Matthew Clark, Daniel Hdr, Buzz, Jason Metcalf and Jean Sinclair.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by thoth lad
Crumbs! I almost skipped the Legion one as I thought the post was the Miss America & Whizzer one. Which is also really nice.

Thanks. Working on the Liberty Legion. See it's Legion!!! lol
Look at Jan! Poised for action! But undoubtedly will get relegated to a late appearance because the writers know he could end the conflict in seconds. smile
Nice commission!
Inked commission by Jean Sinclair of Element Lad, Ultra Boy and Shadow Lass. He will be coloring it.

[Linked Image]
Nice. Is that the outline of the Daily Planet I see in the background?
Either that or it's the Titan Embassy. lol
smile
Here is the colored version by Jean Sinclair (pencils, inks and colors).

[Linked Image]
My Infectious Lass commission by Matthew Clark

[Linked Image]
nice! Clark draws her costume really well
Always good to see one of the Legion's big gun characters. So powerful, that the Legion arranged with the UP to pretend she was rejected, just so she could then work as a UP agent.

No one in their right mind messes with Drura. smile
Beautiful works, JF! Thanks for sharing them with us.
Originally Posted by Fat Cramer
Beautiful works, JF! Thanks for sharing them with us.

More to come.

Meantime, the framer has completed The Whizzer and Miss America. I went with Whizzer's colors. But instead of the yellow being dominant and the blue be the accent, I reversed them.

[Linked Image]
Here is a WIP of a commission I have with Allan Goldman. Enjoy.

[Linked Image]
that’s a very handsome Jan! We usually see him with curly hair, it’s nice to see what he’d look with straight hair
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
that’s a very handsome Jan! We usually see him with curly hair, it’s nice to see what he’d look with straight hair

Went with the look from "The Last Stand of New Krypton" series.
Here is another WIP of the commission I have with Allan Goldman.

[Linked Image]
Here is the completed commission by Allan Goldman.

[Linked Image]
Ooh! He draws Mon-El very well, too. I love how we get a hint of the body underneath the costume smile
My commissioned art of Colossal Boy and friend by Chris Batista

[Linked Image]
My art commission of Element Lad by Chris Batista

[Linked Image]
I love those! The Colossal Boy one is particularly awesome laugh
Like Echo from the LSV I second Raz's comments. Both lovely, but the Gim and Clark one is special. Seeing Jan in that costume makes me wonder what Gim would have looked like in it, as I think it was originally intended for him.
My newest commissioned piece by Allan Goldman.

[Linked Image]
Another of my commissions...Sun Boy by Chris Batista

[Linked Image]
How is it you're able to post these on here?
Originally Posted by Sarcasm Kid
How is it you're able to post these on here?

Are you asking what I use as a photo editor to post these or if I have permission to post them?
That first one, the photo editor. Whenever I post photos on this site the link keeps breaking.
I use Imgur. They have a specific link you can copy for forums.
Since the Christmas gift has been opened...I can share the commission I had done for my brother, Jason, of The Creeper and The Question by Allan Goldman

[Linked Image]
My latest commission with Allan Goldman...The Legion at the Source Wall (with Mister Miracle). Look for the cameos in the wall itself! Allan did an amazing job on this!

[Linked Image]
That's incredible! It must have taken hours.

The Creeper/Question is excellent as well. Almost dizzying to look up at The Question.
What is the question? I dunno, and I'm not looking up at that angle again to find out. Precarious! smile Really nice JPops.

But the story behind how all that happened on the Source Wall would be something special. That Bronze Era choice of Legion, when the New Gods were newest adds even more interest. Lovely!
Seasons Greetings! My latest commission from Chris Batista.

[Linked Image]
What is the question? I dunno, and I'm not looking up at that angle again to find out. Precarious! smile Really nice JPops.

But the story behind how all that happened on the Source Wall would be something special. That Bronze Era choice of Legion, when the New Gods were newest adds even more interest. Lovely!

Thoth Lad - Maybe someone here can use it as a catalyst to write a fan piece about it.
My latest commission of The Mystical Library by Allan Goldman

Allan really outdid himself again.

[Linked Image]
If Garth remembers he was in all those '60s Titans stories involving ghosts, he'll be fine in this company. Very nice JPops!
Just spotted the Polar Boy picture! Love it JPops! Brek's the perfect guy to build a suitably alien snowbeing (unless that's Reep impersonating the snowbeings of Polar-is). Nice to see that Proty gets wrapped up before going out to play.
So I went to the frame shop today and picked up the completed piece of my commission of Mon-El and Element Lad by Allan Goldman, but also the non-commission but direct purchase of Hal Jordan Green Lantern also by Allan Goldman as well. Used an emerald green suede mat and floated the Hal Jordan piece on it. The Mon-El and Element Lad is floated on the royal purple mat like the one used on my Rags Morales piece. This color happens to be one of my company's colors as well. And I have framed the Matthew Clark Infectious Lass similarly but have yet to take a photo of that. Both frames are the same silver with graphite striations that pick up the pencil work in the art. This Larson-Juhl frame works well with penciled art. All art is under UV protected glass.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Sweet! Those look great!
A birthday present I was given back in October (so not a commission by me) and recently had rematted and reframed as well. Harley Quinn (by Bella Rachlin) and Batman and the buildings (by IDAN).

[Linked Image]

I will share the reframe and remat soon.
My latest commission by Jason Metcalf of Timely Comics Angel and The Fin

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Jfposey
My latest commission of The Mystical Library by Allan Goldman

Allan really outdid himself again.

[Linked Image]

Yaaay Tempest
My latest commission with Chris Batista, Superboy and Streaky.

[Linked Image]
There’s a story with this latest commission I have from Allan Goldman...

Our story opens with the FF’s ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing having traveled back in time to the year 1942 to prevent the Nazi's from taking advantage of one half of a cylinder of Vibranium that was accidentally sent back in time and teaming up with the Liberty Legion (see Marvel Two-In-One Annual Vol 1 1, Jun ‘76). The Liberty Legion consists of the Whizzer, Miss America, Patriot, Thin Man. Jack Frost, Red Raven and Blue Diamond. But this has caused a time anomaly to occur and triggered an alarm on the Mission Monitor Board of the Legion of Super-Heroes in the 30th Century.

Brainiac 5 was on monitor duty at the time and realizes that this could alter the time stream and cause the Legion to have never been formed. Fearing the worst, Brainiac 5 assembles a team go back in time to prevent this from happening. He has the following: Quislet, Chameleon Boy, Light Lass, Ultra Boy, White Witch, Lightning Lad, Blok, Colossal Boy and Legion Reservist Jimmy Olsen as Elastic Lad report and take a Time Bubble back in Earth’s history to the year 1942 to investigate. Unbeknownst to neither Brainiac 5 nor the Legionnaires assigned this was a trick of the Time Trapper. They have been sent to an alternate dimension, the Marvel 616 Universe, hoping for their demise. Of course when two super powered teams who have never met before and assume the other is the enemy meet for the first time the result is…

Legion vs Legion!!!

[Linked Image]
These are all great! I am a fan of anything featuring Streaky (or Krypto) and that last Legion vs Legion pic is super detailed and dynamic, I love it!

Kinda feel sorry for Red Raven though haha wink
My latest commission with Chris Batista...Wildfire!

[Linked Image]
love

probably my favorite version of Wildfire ever!
My commission of Laurel Gand by Chris Batista. Chris killed this one.

[Linked Image]
Laurel looks amazing! laugh (I liked that Wildfire costume too)
Three of my commissioned art were framed and have been hung on the wall. Two pieces by Allan Goldman flank the center piece by Rags Morales. All are Legion of Super-Heroes related pieces. I kept the frames and matting uniform for these.

[Linked Image]
My commission of Ultra Boy by Chris Batista

[Linked Image]
Two more commissions I had done by Chris Batista

Science Police Officer GiGi Cusimano and Lightning Lad

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Gigi looks cute but I love Garth with that lightning effect! smile
My commission of Tyroc with Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
My commission of Brainiac 5 with Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
My commission of Chameleon Boy with Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
My commission of Miss Liberty by Ron Frenz

[Linked Image]
Wow! Lots to catch up on and lots of lovely art. My favourite has to be the Laurel Gand one. It's always nice to see her.
Wow! Lots to catch up on and lots of lovely art. My favourite has to be the Laurel Gand one. It's always nice to see her.

Thanks. There are more coming.
My continuation of the Liberty Legion and LoSH commission with Allan Goldman

We find our heroes have settled their dispute and the Thing has the vibranium cylinder now they turn their collective attention to the villain...the Time Trapper (or is it?)

[Linked Image]
What an amazing piece!! Every single character looks FIERCE, I don't think I've ever seen the Marvel WWII heroes specifically drawn so well! smile
Both the White Witch and Jack Frost seem to stay in the back a lot.
My commission of the Science Police's Shvaughn Erin by Matthew Clark

[Linked Image]
My commission of Validus by Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
My commission of Dawnstar by Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
My commission of Shadow Lass by Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
My commission of XS by Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
Something else else to get you ready for the upcoming Justice League vs The Fatal Five video...

My commission of Tharok of the Fatal Five by Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
My commission of Karate Kid by Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
Not a commission but my recent purchase of Sun Boy by Angel Medina

[Linked Image]
The Terry Huddlestons are grim-looking but they'd make fantastic playing cards.

The detail in these group sketches is amazing, so much to look at.

The Angel Medina Sun Boy is striking, all those rough lines combining to create the image. Looks like he's flying using his power. Unusual!

Thanks for sharing your commissions with us! Beautiful work.
My commission of Shikari by Chris Batista

[Linked Image]
My commission of Invisible Kid (Lyle Norg) by Chris Batista

[Linked Image]
The Terry Huddlestons are grim-looking but they'd make fantastic playing cards.

The detail in these group sketches is amazing, so much to look at.

The Angel Medina Sun Boy is striking, all those rough lines combining to create the image. Looks like he's flying using his power. Unusual!

Thanks for sharing your commissions with us! Beautiful work.

Thanks. Terry's are in line with his ICON series.
The second of my Mystical Library commissions by Allan Goldman

[Linked Image]
Not a commission, I purchased this recently. Captain America and Robin by Julián López

[Linked Image]
Not a commission. My newest art purchase arrived today. Colossus by Phil Jimenez

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
My commission of Mano of the Fatal Five by Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
My commission of Cosmic Boy by Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
It is clear from the original depictions of Mano, and this illustration, that he is a yellow-skinned alien wearing leather shorts and boots, and some kind of breathing apparatus. No shirt, no pants.
My commission of Infectious Lass by Terry Huddleston

[Linked Image]
My commission of Dream Girl by Chris Batista

[Linked Image]
My commission of Validus from The Fatal Five Mini Bust Conversion by Tigerchop Workshop (https://www.facebook.com/tigerchopworkshop/)

I have shared a group shot before of Mano, The Persuader and Validus but now I am sharing a detail shots of Validus

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
My commission of The Persuader from The Fatal Five Mini Bust Conversion by Tigerchop Workshop (https://www.facebook.com/tigerchopworkshop/)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
My commission of Mano from The Fatal Five Mini Bust Conversion by Tigerchop Workshop (https://www.facebook.com/tigerchopworkshop/)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
My commission of Brainiac 5 and Invisible Kid by Rags Morales

[Linked Image]
My commission of Validus vs Ultra Boy and Insect Queen by Rags Morales

[Linked Image]
The gray wash is really nice. Your request or Rags' idea?
Originally Posted by Rob-Em
The gray wash is really nice. Your request or Rags' idea?

I give the artist free reign a lot so this was Rags.
Those Fatal 5 busts are awesome!! laugh
Originally Posted by razsolo

Thanks. He will finish the Emerald Empress and Tharok someday. We have been very busy with our company.
A recent purchase...Colossus by Marcelo Mueller

[Linked Image]

I totally misread busts there.
Oops

But they are awesome!
Originally Posted by Myg - Andy S

I totally misread busts there.
Oops

But they are awesome!

Thanks. More coming.
My Plastic City Comic Con commission of Ultra Boy by Baggs Brothers Art
pencils and inks by Jake Baggs
colors by Sean Baggs

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
My sketch commission at Plastic City Comic Con of Cosmic Boy by Jon Mills

My recent purchase of the Legion of Super-Heroes by Brendon Fraim (Penciller), Brian Fraim (Inker). There is a very slight cropping due to limitations of my scanner.

Very nice bit of art! I like the STar Trek-y vibe. Great mix of Legionnaires too!
My purchase of Batman versus Ra’s Al Ghul by Allan Goldman

My commission with Allan Goldman continues the story of the Legion of Super-Heroes meeting with the New Gods. Last time we saw them, it was Timber Wolf, Tyroc, Dawnstar and Brainiac 5 in front of the Source Wall with Mister Miracle. This time we have Shadow Lass, Invisible Kid, Shrinking Violet, Shikari and Bouncing Boy meeting of The Forever People under the watchful gaze of Lightray and Highfather on New Genesis.

Was that your idea JPop? The Forever People and the Legion are a perfect match, I don't know why it hasn't been done before. Goldman's work is spectacular, so detailed.
Was that your idea JPop? The Forever People and the Legion are a perfect match, I don't know why it hasn't been done before. Goldman's work is spectacular, so detailed.

Yes it is one of a series I am doing with Allan of the Legion with the New Gods. I am currently working on another one with him.
Purchased at the FAN EXPO Boston 2019 Lightning Lad by Fernando Ruiz

Purchased at the FAN EXPO Boston 2019 Sun Boy by Fernando Ruiz

Purchased at the FAN EXPO Boston 2019 Colossal Boy by Fernando Ruiz

Purchased at the FAN EXPO Boston 2019 Cosmic Boy by Fernando Ruiz

Purchased at the FAN EXPO Boston 2019 Phantom Girl by Fernando Ruiz

My purchase of Pureheart's (Archie Andrews) try out with the Legion of Super-Heroes in a parody of Adventure Comic #247 at Fan Expo Boston by Fernando Ruiz

Deadpool (Can you name all the fun things being thrown at him?) Picked this up at the Fan Expo Boston
blue lines by Barry Kitson
inks by Mostafa Moussa

My purchase of the original ink of Captain Marvel at the FAN EXPO Boston 2019 by Mostafa Moussa

My purchase of Kratos God of War gripping Thor's severed hand holding Mjölnir at Fan Expo Boston by Mostafa Moussa

My purchase of Star Boy by Fernando Ruiz

My purchase of Brainiac 5 by Fernando Ruiz

My purchase of Bouncing Boy by Fernando Ruiz

My purchase of Ultra Boy by Fernando Ruiz

My purchase of Mon-El by Fernando Ruiz

Deadpool (Can you name all the fun things being thrown at him?) Picked this up at the Fan Expo Boston

Hm, I'm seeing Mew-mew (Thor's hammer, Mjolnir), one of Gambit's charged throwing cards, a SHIELD missile, Daredevil's billy club, one of Moon Knight's throwing crescents, Valkyrie's sword (I think it's Valkyries, it doesn't look like the Black Knights, which is pretty distinctive, but it could be the Swordsman's or Volstagg's, or something), a fire blast (Human Torch?), some snowballs (Iceman?), on of the Green Goblin's pumpkin bombs, Jarnbjorn (Thor's axe) and an arrow (one of the Hawkeyes).

About the only thing I don't see, and would expect to, is some webbing from Spider-Man or Cap's shield. (Lower on the list, one of Reed's stretchy arms, an optic blast, some lightning from Storm, a repulsor blast, one of the shrinking heroes like Ant-Man or the Wasp...)
My purchase of Element Lad by Fernando Ruiz

My purchase of Liberty Belle of All-Star Squadron by Keyeske Yamada

My purchase of Storm by Keyeske Yamada

My purchase of Gambit by Keyeske Yamada

I usually like the commissions in this thread, but the first one I've loved to the point of having to post about it is the Gambit one! WOW! love

Very Andy Kubert-esque, in all the most positive ways!
Originally Posted by Ann Hebistand
I usually like the commissions in this thread, but the first one I've loved to the point of having to post about it is the Gambit one! WOW! love

Very Andy Kubert-esque, in all the most positive ways!

Thanks. My brother let me know about this artist team of husband and wife.
And I thank both you and your brother.
My purchase of Timber Wolf by Fernando Ruiz

This is the latest commission I had with Allan Goldman

This is the third in a series I had with Allan of the Legion of Super-Heroes meet the New Gods.

Here we see the Legionnaires in a sparring match for battle training with Cosmic Boy, Duo Damsel, Star Boy, Chameleon Boy and Andromeda. They are being put to the test against New Gods Orion and Big Barda. Meanwhile, Saturn Girl and Metron are assessing their progress.

My recent purchase of Shadow Lass by Fernando Ruiz

My commission of The Shining Knight and Winged Victory by Ron Frenz

Love the Sir Justin one JPops. very nice indeed. Lots of other crackers too, now that I'm scrolling up.
Love the Sir Justin one JPops. very nice indeed. Lots of other crackers too, now that I'm scrolling up.

Thanks.
Another piece I was able to acquire, Chemical King by Fernando Ruiz

That Shining Knight commission is amazing! Really, really nice work!
Originally Posted by Set
That Shining Knight commission is amazing! Really, really nice work!

Thanks. I would take credit by that was pure Ron.
My purchase of Batman Beyond by Matt Haley

My purchase of Tyroc by Fernando Ruiz

Taken a moment after the costume designer showed him a mirror. smile
My purchase of Cosmic Boy by Simone Bianchi

My purchase of Karate Kid by David Finch

My purchase of Ultra Boy sketch card by Sean Stannard

My purchase of Lightning Lad sketch card by Sean Stannard

My purchase of Timber Wolf sketch card by Sean Stannard

My purchase of Brainiac 5 sketch card by Sean Stannard

My purchase of White Witch by Fernando Ruiz

My purchase of Jacques Foccart Invisible Kid by Fernando Ruiz

My purchase of Element Lad sketch card by Sean Stannard

My purchase of Lightning Lass sketch card by Sean Stannard

My purchase of Shrinking Violet sketch card by Sean Stannard

My purchase of Superboy sketch card by Sean Stannard

My purchase of Big Barda sketch card by Sean Stannard

My purchase of Emerald Empress and the Emerald Eye of Ekron by Keyeske Yamada

My purchase of Phantom Girl by Keyeske Yamada

My purchase of Bishop by Keyeske Yamada

And yet another great Yamada work of art paying homage to my favorite X-Men era! Thanks, J-Pops.
A gift from my brother, Jason
Teen Gohan by Anime Acrylics

My purchase of Green Arrow by Keyeske Yamada and Chykara Yamada

My purchase of Angel (Thomas Halloway) by Keyeske Yamada

My commission of Color Kid by Matthew Clark

Ooh, nice use of color, appropriately enough!
Originally Posted by Set
Ooh, nice use of color, appropriately enough!

Matthew really made this pop!
My purchase of The Legion of Super-Heroes
pencils by Brendon Fraim
inks by Brian Fraim

Astonishing!
Ooh, classic 'pre-Sensor Girl' platinum-coiffed Jeckie! Tyroc in his disco glory! And Rokk in the bustier! Good times! smile

Just really looking at some of the pictures up-page, and wow, that's a determined looking Emerald Empress! I like! Definitely a fuller-figured Tinya than is typical, but very cool, as well. I love that there are some less 'A-list' characters there as well, like Big Barda and Bishop, two favorites who often get little love compared to more popular characters around them.

My purchase of Adam Strange by Keyeske Yamada

My purchases of Tellus and Polar Boy by Fernando Ruiz

My purchase of Fire Lad by Fernando Ruiz

My purchase of Chlorophyll Kid by Fernando Ruiz

My purchase of Stone Boy by Fernando Ruiz

My recent acquisition of Gambit by Paco Baidal

My newest acquisition, Color Kid by Fernando Ruiz

My recent acquistion of Namor the Sub-Mariner by Thor Mangila

Love it.

One of my favorite characters. It's a pleasure to see him drawn so well.
My most recent acquisition of Galactus by Scott Dalrymple

My acquisition of Wonder Man by Angel Medina

My acquisition of Infectious Lass by Fernando Ruiz

My acquisition of Shadow Lass by Sean Stannard

Two absolute beauties! love
My acquisition of Spider-Man by Angel Medina

My acquisition of Lightning Lad by Angel Medina

This year's holiday greeting is my commission of Colossal Boy Hanukkah sketch cover by Greg Fox

Since Hanukkah begins tonight at sunset I wanted to share this now.

My acquisition of Kid Psycho from the Legion of Super-Heroes Reserves by Fernando Ruiz
Fated to have a tragic death.

My acquisition of Dove by Sean Stannard (seemed appropriate to share on this day)

My acquisition of Insect Queen (Lana Lang) of the Legion of Super-Heroes Reserves by Fernando Ruiz

Yay Lana!
My acquisition of Timber Wolf by Angel Medina

My acquisition of Dev-Em (The Knave of Krypton) by Fernando Ruiz

My acquisition of Dawnstar by Sean Stannard

LOVE!
My acquisition of the Marvel Family
pencils by Brendon Fraim
inks by Brian Fraim

Some amazing art pieces here! Thanks for sharing.
My acquisition of Saturn Girl by Sean Stannard

My acquisition of Cosmic Boy by Sean Stannard

A Christmas gift to me. Superman Confidential #10 page 7 Chris Batista (Pencils), Cam Smith (Inks)

Classic Yuukaku by Filiz Soyak

My acquisition of Legion of Super-Heroes (featuring Superboy, Lightning Lad, Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Chameleon Boy and Triplicate Girl)
pencils by Brendon Fraim
inks by Brian Fraim

My acquisition of Legion of Super-Heroes The Multiversity #1 sketch cover by Brendon Fraim (pencils & colors), Brian Fraim (inks)

the first five! yay!
Lu didn't have her hair quite that short at the time. She had the medium-length cut that flipped up at the ends.
My acquisition of Lightning Lass by Sean Stannard

Yay! Ayla!
My acquisition of Brainiac 5 by Sean Stannard

Pure love for both of the above! love
My acquisition of Hawkman by Emma Kubert in watercolors

My acquisition of Quicksilver by Josef Rubinstein

Joe Rubinstein is one of the greats!
My acquisition of WOLVERINE: ORIGINS #35 p.1 (featuring Romulus) Doug Braithwaite (pencils) Bill Reinhold (India ink, Lamp Black Gouache washes)

My commission of Fandral the Dashing of the Warriors Three by Matthew Clark in watercolors

My acquisition of Shrinking Violet by Sean Stannard

My acquisition of Krypto the Superdog by Sean Stannard

My acquisition of Ultra Boy by Sean Stannard

My acquisition of Red Tornado by Craig Cermak

My acquisition of Superboy by Sean Stannard

Krypto is just lovely! … looks around to see if cat is watching me type...
Krypto is just lovely! … looks around to see if cat is watching me type...

lol
My acquisition of Phantom Girl by Sean Stannard

My acquisition of Silver Banshee by Sean Stannard

My acquisition of another Legion of Super-Heroes by Brendon Fraim (Penciller) , Brian Fraim (Inker)

My acquisition of LEGION Of SUPERHEROES X-Men #101 cover homage by Wayne Bertsch

Finally a situation where Imra in that swimsuit makes sense! smile Good stuff.
My acquisition of Infectious Lass by Sean Stannard

My acquisition of Superman by Kleber Lira

Very nice. I like that.
My acquisition of Color Kid by Sean Stannard

My acquisition of Streaky the Super Cat by Sean Stannard

Yay! I was secretly hoping for this one after the Krypto post smile

Lovely, and thanks for posting it Jpops!
My acquistion of Dream Girl by Sean Stannard

Sean does good work.
My acquisition of Polar Boy by Sean Stannard

My acquisition of Ultra Boy sketch cover by Anthony Castrillo

Nice one! I like that.
Hulk vs Wolverine sketch cover by Eric Carter. Eric did this for me back in 2015.

My Easter Wishes to everyone with my commissioned art by Levy Rasputin. This was part of the commission project the artist offered to support Sacrasm Kid's boiler issue

Ha ha! Looks great.
She done good, but then again she always done good
My acquisition of Blackhawk (Janos Prohaska/Bart Hawk) of the Blackhawks sketch card by Ramona Fradon

My acquisition of Superboy and Krypto by Jon Pinto

John Fox Future Flash of Justice Legion in the 853rd Century sketch cover by Anthony Castrillo

My aquisition of Shatterstar sketch card by Chris McJunkin

My acquisition of Man-Thing vs Hulk (after Liam Sharp and Paul Neary from Incredible Hulk 427) by James Chen

My acquisition of Captain America sketch card by Mark Spears

My acquisition of Star Boy by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Captain Cold by Robert Jimenez

That is one cute Thom Kallor!

And I dig on the Captain Cold too
My acquisition of Hawkgirl sketch card by Kenneth Byrd III aka Smokenarts modeled her after Maria Canals-Barrera. Maria is the voice actor of Hawkgirl on Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

Sun Boy sketch card was a gift from the artist, Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Lightning Lad by Anthony Castrillo

Oooh! Very nice.
My acquisition of Namor the Sub-Mariner CGC 9.8 graded sketch cover
art by Angel Alvarez
colored by Kichi Strauss

Shrinking Violet sketch card was a gift from the artist, Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Sun Boy sketch card by Kelly Powers

My commission of Alan Scott and his children by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Marvin the Martian sketch card by Kelly Powers

Yay Marvin!
My acquisition of Ferro Lad sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

I like that. It can be hard to draw character into a full face mask but this one succeeds.
My acquisition of Darkseid sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Cosmic Boy sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

Gift of Blast! concept art (featuring Ultra Boy, Sun Boy, Lightning Lad and Wildfire) by Dean Lee

My acquisition of World War Two Captain America sketch card by Kelly Powers

My acquisition of Shadow Lass sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

^^ Like!
I'm liking the Byrnesque Anthony Castrillo's art J-Pops!
I'm liking the Byrnesque Anthony Castrillo's art J-Pops!

Several more coming!

^^ Like!

Thanks Ann!
My acquisition of Hela Goddess of Death sketch card by Chris McJunkin

My acquisition of Aquaman pencils by Brendon Fraim inks by Brian Fraim

My acquisition of Chameleon Boy sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of concept art and art print of Light Lass, Element Lad and Phantom Girl by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Karate Kid sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Colossal Boy sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Mister Miracle and Big Barda of the New Gods sketch cover
pencils by Brendon Fraim
inks & colors by Brian Fraim

That's the best drawing of Barda I've seen since the Mr. Miracle Special that Steve Rude drew in the late 80s!
My acquisition of Clark Kent revealing he is in fact Superman sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

Clark is who?! These are great JPops.
My acquisition of Gambit by Roe Mesquita

My acquisition of Mon-El sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

and Green Arrow sketch card by Mel Uran

A gift by the artist.
Ultra Boy (Jo Nah), Superboy (Clark Kent/Kal-El) and Mon-El (Lar Gand) from the Legion of Super-Heroes pencil sketch by Dean Lee

My acquisition of The Legion of Super-Heroes (featuring Dawnstar, Wildfire, Ultra Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Shadow Lass and Timber Wolf)
pencils by Brendon Fraim
inks/colors by Brian Fraim

Nice to see the Cockrum/Grell/Sherman looks get some love. I'm especially glad about Shadow Lass.
My acquisition of Spider-Man sketch card by Max (done in pencil)

My acquisition of Wildfire sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

My second commission of Element Lad, Shadow Lass and Ultra Boy by Jean Sinclair

I'm really liking those sketch cards by Anthony Castrillo. The Byrne influence is unmistakable! I want a whole set of them!
My acquisition of Superboy sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Thom Kallor Starman (JSA) / Star Boy (Legion of Super-Heroes) sketch card by Anthony Castrillo

A gift from the artist... The brainy ones by Dean Lee (pencils)

My acqusition of Gambit and Rogue by Juan Ferreyra

Ragman by Christian Ashlar
This was a gift from the artist. I had suggested the character for a one of six that Christian was going to do.

Another gift from Christian Ashlar from the same project. This time it is Colossus.

My acquisition of Black Manta by Jason Baroody

My acquisition of Sun Boy by Anthony Castrillo

Zachary Zatara (in black and white inks) by Christian Ashlar
This was a gift from the artist. I had suggested the character for a one of six that Christian was going to do.
I have attached the colorized version as well.

My acquisition of Sun Boy by Greg Fox

A couple of great Sun Boy pics there. It's interesting to see the differences in style while both still being true to the character and very good artwork.
That Anthony Castrillo Sun Boy is awesome!
Originally Posted by stile86
A couple of great Sun Boy pics there. It's interesting to see the differences in style while both still being true to the character and very good artwork.

That Anthony Castrillo Sun Boy is awesome!

These were great pick ups. Thanks for the comments on them.
A gift from the artist of Daredevil vs Iron Fist double sketch card by Dave Beaty

My acquisition of Wildfire by Anthony Castrillo

Very nice. Really liking Anthony Castrillo's sketches.
Betty Rubble from The Flintstones by Christian Ashlar. This was a gift from the artist. I had suggested the character for a one of six that Christian was going to do. (final version with colors by Christian also attached)

My acquisition of Mon-El by Greg Fox

My acquisition of Element Lad by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Shadow Lass by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Legion: Secret Origins #5 page 7 by Chris Batista

Lots of good stuff :

Mon-El and Element Lad by Allan Goldman
Cosmic Boy, Infectious Lass, Shadow Lass by Terry Huddleston
Batman Beyond by Matt Haley
Dawnstar , Infectious Lass, Shadow Lass by Sean Stannard
Element Lad, Shadow Lass, Star Boy , Sun Boy by Anthony Castrillo
Sun Boy by Greg Fox
Fraims Mr Miracle and Barda cover
Originally Posted by neopavlik
Lots of good stuff :

Mon-El and Element Lad by Allan Goldman
Cosmic Boy, Infectious Lass, Shadow Lass by Terry Huddleston
Batman Beyond by Matt Haley
Dawnstar , Infectious Lass, Shadow Lass by Sean Stannard
Element Lad, Shadow Lass, Star Boy , Sun Boy by Anthony Castrillo
Sun Boy by Greg Fox
Fraims Mr Miracle and Barda cover

Thanks and welcome to the forum!
My acquisition of Brainiac 5 by Anthony Castrillo

A gift from the artist. Bouncing Boy by Anthony Castrillo

Beautiful! Thanks for always sharing your collection with us , jas
My acquistion of a male head study by AnDi
(scanner was not big enough for whole image so a little detail from the left is missing)

My acquisition of Phantom Girl by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Mon-El by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisitions by Fernando Ruiz

Supergirl and Streaky

Jay Garrick Flash

Alan Scott Green Lantern

Kid Psycho

Insect Queen

My acquistion of a male head study by AnDi
(scanner was not big enough for whole image so a little detail from the left is missing)

Wow, this is AMAZING! Such good work! smile
My acquisition of Colossus sketch card by Chris McJunkin

A gift of Matter-Eater Lad by Fernando Ruiz

^^Love it!
My acquisition of Validus of the Fatal Five by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Alan Scott Green Lantern by Dave Beaty

My acquisition of Superboy and Krypto by Fernando Ruiz

My acquisition of Ultra Boy by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Johnny Storm Human Torch and Namor the Sub-Mariner by Mike DeCarlo

My acquisition of Lightning Lord by Anthony Castrillo

Now that is a good threatening look for a villain. Very nice.
This Wildfire piece was a gift to me from Fernando Ruiz

LIKE. Fernando has a great sense of color. Thanks, J-Pops.
A Christmas gift to me. Flash by Angel Medina

My acquisition of Aquaman by Craig Shepard

I like that.
My acquisition of Polar Boy by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of the Miser brothers from "The Year Without a Santa Claus" sketch cards by Kelly Powers

Heat Miser

Snow Miser
This was one of the Christmas gifts to me, Colossal Boy by Angel Medina

I'm a big Miser Brothers fan! Cool/Hot-Ass commission!!!
Some more great pieces as usual...I can never really decide if I like Angel Medina's art or not but I think those pics of Jay and Gim are great! In fact, it makes me think Angel would be an awesome artist for a Jay Garrick story - his art style really suits an older face and he gives bodies a fluidity of motion that would make a speedster really pop! (come to think of it, Gamora had one or two scenes in the old Infinity Watch series that make me think he'd do really well with Karate Kid too!)
Originally Posted by Paladin
I'm a big Miser Brothers fan! Cool/Hot-Ass commission!!!

Thank you

Some more great pieces as usual...I can never really decide if I like Angel Medina's art or not but I think those pics of Jay and Gim are great! In fact, it makes me think Angel would be an awesome artist for a Jay Garrick story - his art style really suits an older face and he gives bodies a fluidity of motion that would make a speedster really pop! (come to think of it, Gamora had one or two scenes in the old Infinity Watch series that make me think he'd do really well with Karate Kid too!)

I think he would excel at it given the opportunity.
My acquisition of Captain Marvel by Tony Perna

A gift from the artist to me. Jimmy Olsen Elastic Lad by Fernando Ruiz

My acquisition of Green Arrow and Black Canary by Jonathan Lau

that is BEAUTIFUL! thanks for sharing
My acquisition of Bishop and Cyclops by Tony Perna

My acquisition of miniature portrait of male in oils by AnDi

A gift to me of Dawnstar by Fernando Ruiz

My acquisition of Storm by Angel Medina

My commission of Greg Saunders Vigilante from the Seven Soldiers of Victory by Stephen Sadowski

Matter-Eater Lad by Anthony Castrillo was a gift to me by the artist

Beautiful! and I like his facial structure here. It just seems to fit his power very well.
I never really cared about Vigilante outside of the JLU cartoon but dang if that pic don't make me wanna read a story with him and old-school Black Canary riding into town and dispensin' some justice!

And Tenzil is perfect smile
A gift to me from the artist. Porcupine Pete by Fernando Ruiz with a surprise penciled draft drawing on the back!

My acquisition of Aquaman astride Storm by Ramona Fradon

Awesome!
Like.
Lovely
A gift to me from the artist. Lightning Lass by Fernando Ruiz

Love it.
Agreed. Lovely.
My acquisition of Wildfire by Angel Medina

Aw yeah. *That's* how to draw Wildfire.

J-Pops, your various Angel Medina commissions have inspired me to start re-reading the Dreadstar issues he did with Peter David in the early 90s. Thanks!
My acquisition of Aquaman astride Storm by Ramona Fradon

Ramona Fradon should be considered a national treasure.
My acquisition of Gambit by Matthew Clark

Have to really thank my brother, Jason, for this awesome piece! I had it framed and matted. Harley Quinn vs Batman (Harley by Bella Rachlin and Batman and buildings by Idan Knafo Kerbis) *Sorry for the flash reflection near Harley.

My acquisition of Brainiac 5 by Matthew Clark

Nice Querl Brainiac51

A gift to me of Dawnstar by Fernando Ruiz

https://i.imgur.com/Ha7VDG6.jpg
This feels very... skewed? Like it's stretched in weird ways. Here's what it looks like if I skew it the other way in GIMP: [EDIT: Seems to affect a lot of Ruiz's drawings actually. I'm not going to keep doing it, but here's the Jay Garrick you posted reverse-skewed as well, because there was something else that bugged me about it, see if you can spot what else I changed...]

Attached picture RuizDawnstar_Skew.jpg
Attached picture RuizJayFlash_Skew.jpg
Oh my gosh that is amazing!!! This is absolutely spectacular! Brainy has never looked so good!
Terrific Brainy headshot. Very nice indeed and so rare to see a smile on Reboot's face.
My acquisition of Brainiac 5 by Matthew Clark

click to enlarge
Love the expression on his face!
I know, isn?t it just absolutely amazing!
My acquisition of Aquaman and Mera by Marcio Abreu

My acquisition of Mon-El sketch card by Javier Aranda

My acquisition of The Creeper by Angel Medina

My acquisition of Streaky the Supercat sketch card by Amy Clark

So adorable! thanks jas
Awww!
My acquisition of Wonder Man sketch card by Dan Borgonos

My acquisition of Mon-El sketch card by Jezreel Rojales

My acquisition of Quicksilver (after Joe Jusko) sketch card by Ken Racho

My acquisition of Streaky the Supercat sketch card by Amy Clark

This makes me tempted to get another Streaky tattoo, so cute ^_^
My acquisition of Cosmic Boy by Anthony Castrillo

A gift from the artist. Duplicate Boy of the Heroes of Lallor by Fernando Ruiz

My acquisition of Two-Gun Kid by Mike Mez Phillips

My acquisition of The Green Hornet by Angel Medina

A gift from the artist. Beast Boy of the Heroes of Lallor by Fernando Ruiz

My acquisition of Namor three panel sketch card by Edde Wagner

(front)

(back)

My acquisition of Mon-El sketch card by Ranier Lagunsad

My acquisition of Element Lad (or is it Progenitor?) by Anthony Castrillo

Oooh I love this one
WOW.

THAT is super definitive of the Jan of that era.

What progenitor??? WonderGirlII
Great artwork there. (And I would instead say Alchemist. :))
My acquisition of Thor sketch card by Nate Rosado

Wow!!! Nice collection!!! Element Lad... I never knew you were so... yummy.
My acquisition of Timber Wolf by Anthony Castrillo

Nice!
That cut chin, though.... who needs a knife?
My acquisition of Volstagg sketch card by Robert R. "Siriguana" Smith

My commission of Maleficent and Lady Tremaine (from Cinderella) by Dean Lee (aka Sketch Lad). They were voiced by the same actress, Eleanor Audley.

I love it! and what a terrible twosome they make!
My commission of Libra vs Karate Kid by Stephen Sadowski

Loved these two characters since I was a child. Libra being the most dangerous of the Zodiac and trained by the Priests of Pama in martial arts and father to Mantis to battle the master of all martial arts in the known galaxy, Karate Kid, too good to pass up. Stephen was the perfect artist for the job. And yes Travis Ellisor knew I was doing this.

Love.
Terrific arrangement and great artwork.
My acquisition of Blok by Anthony Castrillo

Oh yeah! Not exactly the gentle giant as he is sometimes portrayed but a great piece of art.
this is a Blok that is full of righteous anger! I like it!
When your best friend calls you Pebblehead one too many times laugh

That is a sick piece though, I love it!
My acquisition of Brainiac 5 by Mike Mez Phillips

Nice one!
Concept pencils that the artist decided not to pursue with my commission. Maleficent and Lady Tremaine face a common enemy...a blonde maid by Dean Lee

The idea was because both Cinderella and Aurora where both blondes that they have issues with any blonde fair maids.

My acquisition of DC Bombshells Aquaman sketch card by Ren? C?rdova

My acquisition of Ultra Boy with Legion logo by Anthony Castrillo

The logo was to cover up a ink stain mistake so Anthony made me another without the logo.

Two great-looking Ultra Boys for the price of one! Who can complain about that?
Another unused concept image for my commission of Maleficent and Lady Tremaine by Dean Lee (Sketch Lad here on the forum)

My acquisition of Lightning Lad by Tim Shinn

My acquisition of Loki sketch card by Daniel Logan

Another unused concept image for my commission of Maleficent and Lady Tremaine by Dean Lee (Sketch Lad here on the forum)

My acquisition of Night Girl by Fernando Ruiz

My acquisition of Marta's Revenge on Spock and Kirk by Tim Shinn

Marta played by Yvonne Craig, an Orion slave girl on the original Star Trek series, "Whom Gods Destroy". Spock was played by Leonard Nimoy and Kirk was played by William Shatner.

Love it! That's so funny, especially for trek fans. Quite a few Easter egg references.
My acquisition of Supergirl by Craig Cermak

I think I'm in love with the last three pics. :~D
Originally Posted by Gaseous Lad
I think I'm in love with the last three pics. :~D

Thank you
My acquisition of Angel sketch card by Rhiannon Owens

My acquisition of Element Lad by Greg Fox

Artist gift to me, Maleficent by Dean Lee (Sketch Lad here on the forum)

My acquisition of Namor the Sub-Mariner sketch card by Ray Racho

My commission of Ultra Boy with ultra-energy beast tattoo by Dean Lee (Sketch Lad on this forum)

concept for this is Dean's

background scaling was a nod to his other codename of Emerald Dragon

A gift to me from the artist. Laurel Kent by Fernando Ruiz

oooh very nice, I like it!
My acquisition of Jay Garrick Flash by Tim Shinn

A gift to me from the artist. Laurel Kent by Fernando Ruiz

Love this!
My acquisition of Heimdall sketch card by Nick Justus

My acquisition of Aquaman by Ronan Vieira

That's a beauty! (Aussie slang for real cool.)
My acquisition of an unfinished Element Lad by Fernando Ruiz

This was behind the Lightning Lass piece and was an unexpected pleasant surprise.

My commission of Kevin Keller as Sun Boy by Dan Parent from FAN EXPO Boston 2021

very nice!!
That Kevin Sun Boy is great - I was gonna say I love how the face was done Archie style and just found out that Dan Parent does Archie comics! Super cool! laugh
very nice!!
That Kevin Sun Boy is great - I was gonna say I love how the face was done Archie style and just found out that Dan Parent does Archie comics! Super cool! laugh

Thanks everyone. It was a treat seeing Dan again and having the chance to have him do this for me.
My acquisition of Mighty Mouse by Soheil Santiago at FAN EXPO Boston 2021

My acquisition of Skurge the Executioner sketch card by Randy Racho

My commission of Chemical King sketch card by Ryan Santos from FAN EXPO Boston 2021

Catching up on the Castrillo art. All super. Thanks for sharing JPops.
Catching up on the Castrillo art. All super. Thanks for sharing JPops.

Thanks Thoth!
My acquisition of Colossus vs Nova double sketch card by Mark Marvida

My acquisition of Supergirl by Soheil Santiago at FAN EXPO Boston 2021

^ I like it.
My acquisition of Deadman by Craig Rousseau at FAN EXPO Boston 2021

^ I like it.

Thanks. He has some great stuff. Most of his art is done on cardboard and paints.
My acquisition of Logan by Mike Mez Phillips

My acquisition of Black Bolt sketch card by Darrin Pepe

Ultra Boy without Legion logo by Anthony Castrillo was a gift from the artist

My acquisition of Plastic Man sculpted by Alex Moraes built and painted by Eric Carter (commissioned the build and paint only).

My acquisition of Nexus sculpted by Troy McDevitt; built and painted by Randy VanDyke (commissioned the build and paint only).

My acquisition of Superman by Ray Riber

Very nice sketch
yeah, that sketch captures him really well!
Very nice sketch
yeah, that sketch captures him really well!

Thanks guys. It was a lucky find for me. I wasn't familiar with the artist prior to this piece.
My fourth commission with Rags Morales. May I present to you...Mikaal Tomas Starman!

Just take that in!!!

Wow. Impressive.
Wow. Impressive.

Thanks. Very happy with it.
My acquisition of Falcon and Redwing sketch card by Fabian Quintero

Very good! Reminds me of Gil Kane's 70s Marvel covers!
My acquisition of Gambit sketch card by Oak

My acquisition of Mera & Aquaman by Carlos Rodriggs

That straying hand of Arthur's is why he ended up with a hook.
That straying hand of Arthur's is why he ended up with a hook.

lol lol lol lol
My acquisition of Valkyrie by Paulo Jakera

Love it.
My acquisition of Captain Marvel tarot sketch card by Carlos Furuzono

My acquisition of Mera by Bete Rodrigues

My acquisition of Timber Wolf by Joe Prado

I am personally not really a fan of Brin with claws, but that picture is great! smile
My acquisition of the Guardian sketch card by Marcelo Ferreira

I am personally not really a fan of Brin with claws, but that picture is great! smile

I was very happy to acquire a piece of Joe's art and this piece was perfect.
My acquisition of Conner Kent Superboy sketch card by Jon Racimo

My acquisition of Thunderball of the Wrecking Crew by Uko Smith at Rhode Island Comic Con

That's a different look for a comic character pic. It looks like it was painted with water-colors. I've never seen that before. Intriguing.
That's a different look for a comic character pic. It looks like it was painted with water-colors. I've never seen that before. Intriguing.

Yes it is in watercolors. It was really nice to get a chance to talk with him and had a good discussion. He is very personable and open.
My acquisition of Supergirl sketch card by Allen Geneta

My acquisition of Ice sketch card by Rainier Lagunsad

That Thunderball is mad! I love the coloring on the wrecking ball!
That Thunderball is mad! I love the coloring on the wrecking ball!

Thanks. He wants to do the entire Wrecking Crew now.
[quote=razsolo]Thanks. He wants to do the entire Wrecking Crew now.
He should, he would do a mean Bulldozer smile
That is a beautiful depiction of Kara, she looks so happy.
Atrocitus resin model kit sculpted by Keith Kopinski built & painted by Eric Carter

I purchased the kit and commissioned Eric for the build and painting.

Superman resin model sculpted by Troy McDevitt built and painted by Randy VanDyke

My commission for build and painting only. This was a fan art piece.

Ooh those models are so cool! I love the explodey smoke effect with that missile!
My acquisition of Wonder Woman sketch card by Jason Saldajeno

I like it. Very purposeful expression.
Ooh those models are so cool! I love the explodey smoke effect with that missile!

Randy's paint made the explosions pop. (see what I did there?)

I like it. Very purposeful expression.

Thanks Ann, I really liked this piece's composition.
My acquisition of Henry Cavill Man of Steel by Jeferson Lima

My commission of Ultra Boy sketch card by Tim Shinn

My commission of Northstar sketch card by Tim Shinn

My acquisition of Aquaman Bombshells sketch card by Kevin Sharpe

My acquisition of Matter-Eater Lad and Santa Claus sketch card by Fred Hembeck

cute and adorable!
Hembeck is such a treasure!
My acquisition of Thor and Santa Claus sketch card by Fred Hembeck

These just get better and better!
These are so cute, I love Hembeck laugh
My acquisition of "Hot Day" by AnDi miniature oil painting

very nice and tasteful!

... and also, hot!
My acquisition of Vigilante and Santa Claus sketch card by Fred Hembeck

My acquisition of Santa Claus and Aquaman sketch card by Fred Hembeck

So for the last couple of years I have had a seasons greetings commission done, but this year was a little harder than most. We lost my mother-in-law and several other family members are having some serious health issues. I had the chance to meet Keith Williams at FAN EXPO Boston this year. He had this piece for sale. Also he had used it in the past for his Christmas greetings. So my gift to everyone this year is Super Santa by Keith Williams

OMGG, that is *awesome!* Thanks, J-Pops, and a Merry Christmas to you!
So for the last couple of years I have had a seasons greetings commission done, but this year was a little harder than most. We lost my mother-in-law and several other family members are having some serious health issues. I had the chance to meet Keith Williams at FAN EXPO Boston this year. He had this piece for sale. Also he had used it in the past for his Christmas greetings. So my gift to everyone this year is Super Santa by Keith Williams

thank you J-Pop, and sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Wishing good health for you and the rest of the family!
OMGG, that is *awesome!* Thanks, J-Pops, and a Merry Christmas to you!

thank you J-Pop, and sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Wishing good health for you and the rest of the family!

Thank you both. I hope the season is warm with love and full of cheer for everyone and we all have the happiest of New Year's.
My commission for build and paint
Arkillo resin model kit
sculpted by Keith Kopinski
built and painted by Eric Carter

My acquisition of Star Boy and Santa Claus sketch card by Fred Hembeck

My acquisition of Jason Momoa Aquaman by Jeferson Lima

So it's getting to be that time of the year again. Taking down the Christmas decorations and preparing for the winter blahs! But first, I have to ensure I save this Spider-Man drawing my brother, Jason, did for us on his family's Christmas card we received. And I am NOT explaining that quote to no one!!

My acquisition of Beta Ray Bill sketch card by Tim Smith III

My commission of Triton sketch card by Tim Shinn

More awesome stuff! (and laugh at that christmas card)

The Jason Momoa pic is amazing!!
More awesome stuff! (and laugh at that christmas card)

The Jason Momoa pic is amazing!!

Thank you.
My acquisition of Captain America three panel sketch card by Erico Calimlim (front)

(back)

My acquisition of Colossus by Mike Mez Phillips

My commission of the original Human Torch (Jim Hammond) sketch card by Tim Shinn

My acquisition of Namor by Scott James (done in watercolors)

My acquisition of Red Tornado sketch card by Jeremy Peerboom

My acquisition of Captain America three panel sketch card by Erico Rollan Calimlim (back)

My acquisition of Whizzer sketch card by Fred Hembeck

So cute!
So cute!

Thanks. Got Quicksilver I will share later as well.
My acquisition of Colossus by Erik Fidel

An artist gift to me, Colossal Boy by Dean Lee

My commission of Tempest by Erik Fidel

My commission of Dum Dum Dugan sketch card by Tim Shinn

My acquisition of Quicksilver sketch card by Fred Hembeck

My commission of Big Bear of the Forever People/New Gods sketch card by Tim Shinn

My acquisition of Superman by Marcio Abreu

My commission of Mark Moonrider sketch card by Tim Shinn

A gift from the artist to me. Saturn Girl (after Al Plastino) by Dean Lee

That's the expression of someone about to fail Clark on his try out. Nice.
My acquisition of Thor sample pencil page #4 from 9/96 by Pat Quinn

My acquisition of Cosmic Boy Hero Initiative Drink & Draw coaster by Jeffrey Moy

My acquisition of Thor sample pencil page #3 from 9/1996 by Pat Quinn

My acquisition of Captain America by Cesar Greco

My acquisition of Storm by Marcio Abreu

My commission of Dream Girl by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Spawn sample pencil page #1 from 6/96 by Pat Quinn

My acquisition of Thor by Scott James

My acquisition of Fandral of the Warriors Three sketch card by Jim Jimenez

My acquisition of Saturn Girl Hero Initiative Drink & Draw coaster by Jeffrey Moy

ooooh. Legion coasters. Perfect for Klordny. smile
ooooh. Legion coasters. Perfect for Klordny. smile

lol
My acquisition of Thor sample pencil page #1 from 9/96

Attached picture Thor sample pencil page #1 from 1996 by Pat Quinn (1).jpg
My commission of Lyle Norg Invisible Kid by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Fandral by Mike McKone

My acquisition of Spawn sample pencil page #2 from 6/96 by Pat Quinn

My commission of John Stewart Green Lantern by Dean Lee

My commission of Element Lad by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of Magik and Colossus sketch cover by Eric Carter

My acquisition of Hawkeye sketch cover by Craig Rousseau. I should see him this Saturday at Wicked Comic Con in Boston. Hoping my new copy of Superboy #98 arrives tomorrow so I can take it with me to have slabbed by CBCS. I am bringing this piece and three others (the one above this post) also to be slabbed. Not for resale purposes.

My commission of Captain Marvel Jr. by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of Thor sketch cover pencils by Brendon Fraim inks & colors by Brian Fraim

My acquisition of Nick Fury by Shawn Crystal at Wicked Comic Con

That Nick Fury sketch is mad! Very Jason Pearson art style and I love the big blocky letters behind him laugh
My acquisition of John Constantine by Tom Reilly at Wicked Comic Con

My commission of Miss America from the Liberty Legion and All-Winners Squad by Dean Lee

My commission of Serifan from the Forever People sketch card by Tim Shinn

My acquisition of Spawn sample pencil page #3 from 6/96 by Pat Quinn

My commission of Vykin with Mother Box from the Forever People/New Gods sketch card by Tim Shinn

My acquisition of Mister Fantastic by Scott James

HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!!

To celebrate, here is my acquisition of a Swamp Thing sketch cover by my friend, Eric Carter

My commission of Aquaman by Dean Lee

My commission of Wiccan by Erik Fidel

stunningly beautiful!
stunningly beautiful!

Thanks. Two more coming from the artist. And one will be a Legionnaire! Guesses?
My acquisition of Quicksilver by Ramona Fradon

My acquisition of Thor by Tom Reilly at Wicked Comic Con 2022

My acquisition of Aquaman by Matt Buttich

A gift from the artist. Invisible Kid by Dean Lee

OK we need to kick off this year's Mermay!
My acquisition of Doctor Strange merman (which universe?) sketch cover by Amy Carter

My acquisition of Iron Man with Infinity Stones sketch cover by Humberto Quintero

My acquisition of Brainiac 5 by Greg Fox

My commission of Hela faces off with the Living Tribunal sketch cover done yesterday for Free Comic Book Day 2022 by Greg “Inky” Charland @ Counterplay Comics, 279 Cambridge St. Unit #9, Burlington, MA 01803. The concept was mine. I wanted it to be were they face off but you are not sure who came for whom.

My acquisition of Parasite sketch card by Rainier Lagunsad

My commission of Chemical King by Erik Fidel

beautiful sketch. Condo is such an underrated Legionnaire, I have a soft spot for him
beautiful sketch. Condo is such an underrated Legionnaire, I have a soft spot for him

Thank you. I have more to come from the artist. Some Legion, some "Legion" and some not Legion. Only time will tell. And when you see the next few Legionnaires you can guess what I am doing with that batch.
My acquisition of Hawkman sketch card by Mark Spears

My commission of Beautiful Dreamer of the Forever People/New Gods sketch card by Tim Shinn

My acquisition of The Human Torch by Scott James

A gift from the artist. Medusa by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Thor sample pencil page #2 from 9/96 by Pat Quinn

My acquisition of Element Lad sketch card by Fred Hembeck

My acquisition of Amora Enchantress Mermaid sketch cover by Amy Carter

My commission of Sun Boy by Mark Stegbauer

My acquisition of Loki by Scott James

My commission of Blue Diamond from the Liberty Legion by Erik Fidel

My commission of Captain America (after Joe Simon) sketch cover by Jesse Simon who I had the pleasure of meeting at the Little Giant Comics Old School Comic Show last month. Nice the see another generation of Simon take up Cap's mantle!

My acquisition of Starfire Green Lantern by Lucas Gomes

awesome concept! and execution too of course
To close out MerMay one last piece of "OLD ART", my acquisition of Mer-Wonder Woman sketch cover by Amy Carter

Super to see the Jesse Simon one, JPops!
Super to see the Jesse Simon one, JPops!

Thanks, it was a happy meeting. He was tucked in the far back of the convention. I asked if he was avail for the commission and I had the blank sketch cover with me. He took it and mailed it to me when it was completed. I was so happy with it.
My acquisition of Captain Marvel Jr by Tom Reilly

My acquisition of Spawn sample pencil page #4 from 6/96 by Pat Quinn

My acquisition of Captain Marvel Jr by Tom Reilly

click to enlarge

You know it's an Elvis song. Very nice JPops.
Artist gift to me. Dream Girl by Dean Lee

My commission of Infinity-Man of the Forever People/New Gods sketch card by Tim Shinn

My acquisition of Wolverine watercolor by Eduardo Cruz

Artist gift to me of The Thing sketch cover by Eric Carter

Terrific Wolvie pic. The watercolours really bring out so much.
Terrific Wolvie pic. The watercolours really bring out so much.

Thanks. It was a happy accident when I found it.
these are great!!
these are great!!

Thanks. More to come.
My acquisition of Otto Octavius (that's Doc Ock true believers - read with Stan Lee's voice) by Scott James

My commission of Jay Garrick Flash by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Tobey Maguire Spider-Man sketch card by James Lee Jones

My acquisition of Captain America by Anthony D Lee

My commission of Balder the Brave and Karnilla the Norn Queen sketch cover by Erik Fidel

An artist gift to me, Thor preliminary sketch by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Vulture by Scott James

My commission of Colossal Boy by Mark Stegbauer

My acquisition of Superman by Craig Yeung

My acquisition of Red Hood sketch cover by Tom Hodges

My acquisition of Poison Red sample pencil page #1 from 11/1996 by Pat Quinn

My commission of Gambit sketch cover by Craig Rousseau

I really needed this!

My commission of Wildfire and Bouncing Boy sketch cover by Steven A. Wilcox. Ok, honesty time, I only commissioned the Wildfire. The Bouncing Boy was a very generous added bonus by Steven. Thank you again for this. It has been shipped to CBCS for grading and slabbing but NOT FOR RESALE! It is a treasure I very much intend to horde! I am very much Larfleeze with my commissions! Especially Legion!

Very nice indeed! Wildfire looks fantastic.
Very nice indeed! Wildfire looks fantastic.

Thanks I have one more Legion sketch cover by Steven to post.
My acquisition of Nick Fury sketch cover by Damon Bowie

My acquisition of Chlorophyll Kid by Greg Fox with two art prints. One regular costume, and one for Summer!

My acquisition of Rocket sketch cover
pencils by Brendon Fraim
inks and colors by Brian Fraim

Artist quick sketch of Cosmic Boy on mailer was a surprize gift from Steven A. Wilcox

LOL@Chlor's Summer costume....he definitely wore this at some stage in my headcanon laugh
My acquisition of Ultra Boy sketch card by Fred Hembeck

LOL@Chlor's Summer costume....he definitely wore this at some stage in my headcanon laugh

Do the Subs have their own version of the Hellfire Gala?
Color Kid on clothes and lighting, Antennae Lad as the DJ, I could see it laugh
An artist gift to me. Dream Girl by Dean Lee

thanks for continuing to share these, J-Pop! you have an amazing art collection.

wishing you dad-in-law a full, speedy recovery
thanks for continuing to share these, J-Pop! you have an amazing art collection.

wishing you dad-in-law a full, speedy recovery

Thanks. He finally came out of ICU two days ago but we still have a long road ahead of us. More artwork to come plus I will be at two cons. I can go in the mornings and then the hospital in the afternoons. Hoping I can see Paul Pelletier this weekend. Fingers crossed I can still go.
My commission of Shikari by Mark Stegbauer

One of three sketch covers I commissioned at Plastic City Comic Con today. Aquaman sketch cover by Paul Pelletier

(The other two, Chris Gugliotti and Jay Mooers, will be completed at a later date).

Nice shetch sketch. Suitably regal looking.
Nice shetch sketch. Suitably regal looking.

Thank you.I was holding on to that issue just for Paul.
My acquisition of Dig from ComixTribe signed and remarked by Steven A. Wilcox

My acquisition of Hal Jordan Green Lantern sketch cover by Minkyu Jung

My acquisition of Poison Red sample pencil page #2 from 11/1996 by Pat Quinn

My commission of Element Lad sketch cover by David Jacob Duke is done and I can officially share it now! So excited to debut this.

Watch the artist at work on this. [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObJk6J41KTs[/video]
My acquisition of Poison Red sample pencil page #3 from 11/1996 by Pat Quinn

My commission of Brainiac sketch cover by Chris Gugliotti

My acquisition of Adventure Comics #247 cover recreation sketch cover (after Curt Swan and Stan Kaye) by Steven A. Wilcox

One of my commissions at FAN EXPO Boston I got today. Ultra Boy sketch cover by Scott Ambruson

Another commission I had done at FAN EXPO Boston. Red Hood and Nightwing sketch cover pencils by Tone Rodriguez and inks by Mostafa Moussa

Another commission I had done at FAN EXPO Boston 2022. Plaid Lad versus Color Kid sketch cover by Dan Parent

And another of my commissions from FAN EXPO Boston 2022. Steel sketch cover by Keith Williams

Last one for today. My commission of Cyclops sketch cover by Tom Reilly at FAN EXPO Boston 2022

My commission of Vision sketch cover by Ryan Santos at FAN EXPO Boston 2022

My commission of Vulture sketch cover by Kevin Maguire at FAN EXPO Boston 2022

My commission of Northstar sketch cover by Josef Rubinstein at FAN EXPO Boston 2022

Some terrific sketches there.

Plaid Lad vs Color Kid? Ha! That would be a fun fight!
Some terrific sketches there.

Plaid Lad vs Color Kid? Ha! That would be a fun fight!

Thanks. The Plaid Lad/Color Kid idea is one I have been sitting on for a very long time waiting for just the right moment and artist. Mission accomplished. Two more commissions to share from this conference. Need a better scanner for the one from Tony Harris and Fernando Ruiz took his home to finish.
the Plaid Lad vs. Color Kid one is particularly inspired - great character combo. all the sketches are amazing though, and thanks once more for sharing em!
the Plaid Lad vs. Color Kid one is particularly inspired - great character combo. all the sketches are amazing though, and thanks once more for sharing em!

Thanks IB! More to either be scanned for sharing or waiting to receive them from the artist. And remember I am doing some characters from a particular LoSH issue. Which one? Time (not a hint there!) will tell.
Ooooh. Kevin Maguire sketch. Nice.
Ooooh. Kevin Maguire sketch. Nice.

Thanks Thoth. Missed getting on Mike McKone's sign up in time. I have several artist I will work with afterwards due to time.
My commission of The Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat sketch cover by Jay Mooers

My commission of Aqualad and Black Manta sketch cover by Fernando Ruiz

My commission of Parasite (with a bird, no it’s a plane, no it’s just that pain in the @$$) sketch cover by Clay McCormack

My acquisition of Poison Red sample pencil page #4 from 11/96 by Pat Quinn

At last, the scanning has begun again!

My last commission from FAN EXPO Boston 2022 to be shared. The Shade by Tony Harris

That's a beaut! Really like it.
That's a beaut! Really like it.

Thanks. I had PM'd him prior to the conference to see if I could get on his list. He told me he only takes them as they come at the actual conference. Since I had a three day pass I had access to the two hour preview. Myself and another man (he wanted Jack Knight Starman) beelined to his booth. I also had him sign all 12 issues of The Shade, Starman #0 & 2 (first cover with The Shade), Whistling Skull #1 and Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars #4. He and his wife were great to talk to. Lots of interesting stories. I told him that I didn't want to overwhelm him because I have the entire Starman run. But based on what I had him sign and the piece I commissioned I think that you can tell I love The Shade as a character. Would love to see him and Shadow Lass together on some adventures!
My commission of Black Manta vs Aquaman sketch cover by Erik Fidel

That Shade is awesome!!
That Shade is awesome!!

Thanks I really wanted that one.
My acquisition of Batman Beyond Return of the Joker sketch cover
pencils by Eric Carter
inks/colors by Amy Carter

My commission of Brainiac 5 and Supergirl sketch cover by Eric Fidel

My acquisition of the miniature oil painting of "Beauty Man' portrait by AnDi

My commission of The Whizzer by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of Wildfire sketch cover by Anthony Castrillo

Another great one by Anthony. I really do like his artwork you have shown us.
Another great one by Anthony. I really do like his artwork you have shown us.

Hopefully I will have more. I do have an upcoming commissioned piece coming from Greg Fox to keep an eye out for soon.
Ok here's the sitch, I commissioned Greg Fox to do a Sun Boy in Highland kilt and kit but he did two versions. One with Sun Boy's Legion uniform coloration and one he is calling traditional tartan. I love both versions! Is that a bad thing or do I need to pick one? My inner Daffy Duck wants both! SunBoy

Ha! those are great. A really different pose/appearance.
My acquisition of Fantastic Four (after John Byrne) sketch cover by Steven A. Wilcox

Ha! those are great. A really different pose/appearance.

Thanks this was a great collaboration between Greg and myself. More yet to come!
My acquisition of Batman Beyond sketch cover
pencils by Brendon Fraim

My commission of Black Lightning sketch cover by Trevor Von Eeden at Granite State Comicon

Love the old school Black Lightning! smile
Love the old school Black Lightning! smile

Thanks. Seeing as he was the co-creator of the character, I had to get him to draw the classic version. I had unfortunately forgotten the Justice League blank at home and this was the spare. I have Scott Hanna, Freddie Williams II and Ryan Santos doing others.
My acquisition of Hulk sketch cover by Craig Rousseau

Seconded on Lightning. Really nice JPops and, as always, thanks for sharing.
Always thought a crossover with the Legion Academy students and the Avengers Academy students would have been epic.

My acquisition of Mettle sketch cover by Scott Ambruson at Granite State Comicon

My commission of Star Boy by Erik Fidel

Seconded on Lightning. Really nice JPops and, as always, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Thoth.
My acquisition of Avengers (after George Perez) sketch cover by Steven A. Wilcox

My acquisition of Namor by Alex Lugo

My acquisition of Hal Jordan Green Lantern sketch cover
pencils by Brendon Fraim

Gift from the artist. Joaquin Phoenix Joker by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of The Batman by Michelle Sciuto! The look on his face is priceless!!

My commission of Doc Samson sketch cover by Ryan Santos at Granite State Comicon

I love it!

One of my favorite characters, in his classic look.

I also enjoy the whimsical aspects of the drawing.
I love it!

One of my favorite characters, in his classic look.

I also enjoy the whimsical aspects of the drawing.

Thank you Ann. Ryan put a lot of joy into this piece for me.
Getting closer to how these all tie into one and other…

My commission of Sun Boy by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of Constantine sketch cover
pencils by Brendon Fraim

My acquisition of Andrew Garfield Spider-Man sketch card by James Lee Jones

That is surprisingly dynamic for a headshot of someone with a full facemask on! I like the skyline reflected in his eye lenses!
That is surprisingly dynamic for a headshot of someone with a full facemask on! I like the skyline reflected in his eye lenses!

Thanks. I now have two pieces from artists…need the other Spider-verse guys!
My acquisition of Conner Kent Superboy sketch cover by Norm Rapmund

My acquisition of Shadow Lass by Diego Silveira

A gift from the artist. Wildfire by Anthony Castrillo

My commission of Red Raven by Erik Fidel

My commission of Tom Welling Superman (Smallville) sketch cover by David Jacob Duke

Note: It's Christopher Reeve's hair

A gift from the artist. Logan by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of Martian Manhunter by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of signed print of Kevin Keller and some friends at Riverdale by Dan Parent

My acquisition of Batman & Grifter sketch cover by Steven A. Wilcox

My commission of Light Lass by Erik Fidel

Just a couple more characters until the reveal of which issue they all have in common.

My acquisition of Deathstroke vs A + X (after Gil Kane) sketch cover homage to Avengers #145 by Steven A. Wilcox

My acquisition of Hela by Marcio Abreu

Ok, so this was a fun commission I had done. I picked the characters and let the dice roll with Erik on the composition.

My commission of Mister Mxyzptlk, Spaceman Spiff and The Great Gazoo sketch cover by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of The Punisher sketch cover
pencils by Brendon Fraim

My acquisition of Red Corner by MCicconneT

My acquisition of Medusa by Miralvo Lima

I don't know who Red Corner is, but I am LOOKING VisiLad

(more Medusa is always cool too!)
I don't know who Red Corner is, but I am LOOKING VisiLad

(more Medusa is always cool too!)

Thank you. Still have some more to share.
My acquisition of Thomas Wayne Batman sketch cover by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of Aquaman by Ron Adrian

My acquisition of Star Boy Drink & Draw coaster for Hero Initiative by Jeffrey Moy

My acquisition of Timber Wolf by Todd Nauck

My commission of Monet St. Croix sketch cover by Keith Williams

My acquisition of Captain America sketch cover by Elliot Fernandez

This art came with an order. Grifter mailer sketch by Steven A. Wilcox

My acquisition of last year's Holiday Ultra Boy by Greg Fox
original inks and color print

Ok we are nearing the reveal of all these characters and what they have in common.

My commission of Superboy by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of Polar Boy with Santa sketch card by Fred Hembeck

My acquisition of Magneto and Cyclops sketch cover for the benefit of American Cancer Society by Marlo Agunos

The Brek and Santa one is lovely JPops. Thanks so much for sharing these.
The Brek and Santa one is lovely JPops. Thanks so much for sharing these.

Thank you. I have one more post of the final character in the Erik Fidel series. That should let everyone know what all the characters have had in common,

Hope everyone has a happy holiday season!
I was unable to commission a sketch for this year's holiday. However I did acquire the 2022 Ultra Boy Christmas by Greg Fox (it came with two signed art prints that I need to scan to share).

My acquisition of Legion of Super-Heroes sketch cover
pencils by Brendon Fraim

My acquisition of Superman (after Neal Adams) sketch cover for the benefit of American Cancer Society by Johnnie Johnson

Well I have had a running a set of commissions for the Legion of Super-Heroes pieces by Erik Fidel leading up to the last character which would reveal what they all have in common. Here is the last piece of the puzzle. My commission of Roxxas the Butcher by Erik Fidel. The final character in the cast of Superboy starring the Legion of Super-Heroes #211. I hope you enjoyed these as much as I have.

Here is the entire cast of Superboy starring the Legion of Super-Heroes #211 that I had commissioned by Erik Fidel

My commission of Mouse from the Movement sketch cover by co-creator Freddie E. Williams II

Loving the art style!
Loving the art style!

Thanks. I have some more pieces yet to share and one commission from September still to receive.
Here is the entire cast of Superboy starring the Legion of Super-Heroes #211 that I had commissioned by Erik Fidel

click to enlarge

Really nice seeing them all together.

We won't know why, but by the end of the year, we will all have grown Roxxas 'taches. smile
Really nice seeing them all together.

We won't know why, but by the end of the year, we will all have grown Roxxas 'taches. smile

Thanks. It’s the master plan of Eyeful Ethel’s little sister, ‘Tach Lass! lol lol
My acquisition of Superman sketch cover
pencils and colors by Brendon Fraim
inks by Brian Fraim

This art came with an order. Mr. Dig mailer sketch by Steven A. Wilcox

This one was a Christmas present to me.

Supergirl X-mas sketch card by Jonatas Ferreira

Artist gift to me. Groot by Erik Fidel

My commission of Reggie Mantle as Namor by Dan Parent

My acquisition of Punisher sketch cover by Michael Calero

My acquisition of The Thing sketch cover by Matt Buttich

That's a good Thing, I am always impressed with anyone who can draw Ben's face properly!
totally, that's a great piece!
That's a good Thing, I am always impressed with anyone who can draw Ben's face properly!

totally, that's a great piece!

Thanks. It's my second piece by Matt.
Thirded here. Very nice. I had to duck to make sure I wasn't going to get clobbered.
Thirded here. Very nice. I had to duck to make sure I wasn't going to get clobbered.

Watch out! Aunt Petunia’s lil Benny is coming for ya.
My acquisition of Red Raven sketch card by Fred Hembeck

Artist gift to me. Supergirl sketch cover by Steven A. Wilcox

My acquisition of Gambit by Eduardo Cruz

My commission of Jack Frost by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of Lady Deathstrike by Tony Perna

Lady deathstrike: You scratch my back, and I'll...
thoth Lad: No, you're all right there...
Lady deathstrike: You scratch my back, and I'll...
thoth Lad: No, you're all right there...

lol lol lol
My commission of Superboy and Streaky by Chris Batista has now been colored by Rich Seetoo

My acquisition of Chemical King by Greg Fox

My commission of Patriot by Erik Fidel

My commission of Superboy and Streaky by Chris Batista has now been colored by Rich Seetoo

click to enlarge

Kal trades in Krypto, but Streaky scoots off to hunt ahead of him, too good for any human.
My commission of Colossal Boy and his little friend by Chris Batista has now been colored by Rich Seetoo

My acquisition of Captain America by Thony Silas

Two great pics there. The original artwork was pretty good but the colour really enhances it.
Thanks stile86. He is currently working on another one.
My commission of Miss America by Erik Fidel

My commission of Wildfire by Chris Batista has now been colored by Rich Seetoo

Really enjoying seeing the coloured Batista work, JPops. Thanks for sharing.
Really enjoying seeing the coloured Batista work, JPops. Thanks for sharing.

Hoping for more to come. Thanks.
My acquisition of Christopher Reeve Superman sketch cover by Steven A. Wilcox

This art came with an order. Superman mailer sketch by Steven A. Wilcox

My commission of Gravity Kid and Power Boy sketch cover by Chris Batista

Another cool couple in the Legion. Another lovely Batista sketch.
Another cool couple in the Legion. Another lovely Batista sketch.

Thanks Thoth. Hope to have some more Legion soon. Waiting for Wicked Comic Con in April for some too.
My acquisition of Hyperion sketch cover by Dave Castr

that is awesome!
that is awesome!

Thanks
My acquisition of Supergirl sketch cover by Axayacatl Ramos

My acquisition of Bizarro Infinite Crisis #7 sketch cover by Humberto Fuentes

My Wildfire has been now colored.
pencils by Angel Medina
digital inks and colors by Rich Seetoo

Beautiful!!
Beautiful!!

Rich did an awesome job and left the pencils to respect the original work of Angel.
My acquisition of Poison Ivy by Tony Perna

Very fitting for valentine's JPops. Thanks for sharing.
Very fitting for valentine's JPops. Thanks for sharing.

Seconded.
My acquisition of Human Torch sketch cover by Ryan Kincaid

My acquisition of Daredevil Hero Initiative Drink & Draw coaster by Jeffrey Moy

My acquisition of Miles Morales Spider-Man sketch cover by Andora Cidonia

My acquisition of Winter Soldier custom made sketch cover by Herrera Bocet

My acquisition of Captain Marvel by Mike Mez Phillips

Nice effects. Shocking!
Nice effects. Shocking!

lol
My commission of Human Torch sketch cover by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of Old Man Hawkeye sketch cover by Humberto Fuentes

wow! that is some nice art!
My commission of Thin Man by Erik Fidel

My commission of Icon sketch cover by Keith Williams. Just got it back from CBCS Comics after they witnessed the signing.

My acquisition of Wolverine custom made sketch cover by Herrera Bocet

My commission of Superboy sketch cover by Scott Hanna

My acquisition of John Constantine by Mike Mez Phillips

Oooh Nice!
Agreed. That ones a beaut.
Oooh Nice!

Agreed. That ones a beaut.

Thanks guys. At least two more coming from Mike.
My commission of Bucky by Erik Fidel

A gift to me from the artist. Element Lad by Anthony Castrillo

Wow that’s a good one!!!
That is pretty cool! I don't want to be whoever Jan's looking at lol
I don't fancy Roxxas' chances there.
Wow that’s a good one!!!

That is pretty cool! I don't want to be whoever Jan's looking at lol

Thanks. Was super surprised.

I don't fancy Roxxas' chances there.

laugh
My acquisition of Namor Hero Initiative Drink & Draw coaster by Christian Gossett

very nice!
very nice!

Thanks IB.
My acquisition of The Batmans sketch cover by Tone Rodriguez

Only one slice of Alfred's cake left. Neither Batman is willing to give up.

What did Alfred bake? Battenburg.
Only one slice of Alfred's cake left. Neither Batman is willing to give up.

What did Alfred bake? Battenburg.

lol lol
My acquisition of Thor by Thony Silas

My Captain Marvel Jr. by Tom Reilly has now been colored by Rich Seetoo

Artist gift to me. Hal Jordan Green Lantern by Anthony Castrillo

That looks great! I love how Anthony Castrillo has taken the late period Bronze Age styles and made them his own.
Beautiful.
That looks great! I love how Anthony Castrillo has taken the late period Bronze Age styles and made them his own.

More to come Ann...

Beautiful.

Thanks IB
My commission of Ma Hunkel Red Tornado and Mary Marvel sketch cover by Erik Fidel

More to come Ann...

YAY!

And I really like the latest one, too -- Erik Fidel drawing Ma Hunkel and Mary Marvel. BTW, it'll soon be the birthday of Ma Hunkel's creator, Sheldon Mayer.
My acquisition of Mongul by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Lightning Lad preliminary sketch by Scott Kolins

Another couple of great images!
Another couple of great images!

Thanks stile86. More to come.
My commission of Dawnstar and Wildfire sketch cover by Erik Fidel

nice one, great scene!
Lots of Castillo goodness and I really like the Captain Marvel Jr colouring.
nice one, great scene!

Thanks IB

Lots of Castillo goodness and I really like the Captain Marvel Jr colouring.

Then you’ll love the next post.
My acquisition of Ferro Lad by Anthony Castrillo

That's terrific!
Ooh yeah that's an amazing Ferro Lad!
My acquisition of Chris Hemsworth Thor sketch cover by David Jacob Duke

My commission of Sun Boy by Chris Batista has now been colored by Rich Seetoo

ooooh niiiice!
ooooh niiiice!

He's doing a couple more for me.
My commission of Ultra Boy by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Thing sketch cover by Dave Castr

My acquisition of Laurel Kent by Anthony Castrillo

Awesome Laurel! I don't know if it's the hair being a bit rougher or the pose but she actually looks more like Lois here than usual (which is very cool!) smile
Whoa. That's spectacular.
A gift from the artist. Lightning Lad by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Chemical King by Anthony Castrillo

Another great Anthony Castrillo.

(I'm actually enjoying these pics even more than his actual comic work.)
Another great Anthony Castrillo.

(I'm actually enjoying these pics even more than his actual comic work.)

More to come!
My acquisition of Ultra Boy preliminary sketch by Scott Kolins

A thank you sketch on my order invoice. Thing sketch by Dave Castr

For a complimentary sketch, that's not half bad. Easily recognisable as Ben Grimm and I really like the more random cracks as opposed to the common more structured brick-like approach. Nice.
For a complimentary sketch, that's not half bad. Easily recognisable as Ben Grimm and I really like the more random cracks as opposed to the common more structured brick-like approach. Nice.

Thank you. It was a nice extra.
Artist gift to me. Shadow Lass by Dean Lee

My commission of Tyroc sketch cover by Joe Phillips

Joe did an extra special sketch on the back for me which I will share later. Gives everyone something to look forward to.

My acquisition of Dawnstar and Wildfire by Anthony Castrillo

My commission of Thor sketch cover by Marco Santucci

Another commission I had done at today’s Wicked Comic Con 2023 was…

Yes the powerful! The terrifying! The incredible…Codpiece! Sketch cover done by Ethan Kennett

And yes he is a legitimate character from the DC Universe.

One artist pick up (not commission) was this wonderful Cyborg Superman sketch cover by Rob Retiano at today’s Wicked Comic Con 2023

Two more commissions I had done today at Wicked Comic Con 2023; Hogun the Grim by Craig Rousseau and Thorn by Jeff Dekal; photos were trash and I will have to share them once they come back from CBCS for grading/slabbing. Sorry and my apologies to the artists.
Unfortunately Francis Manapul didn’t have availability today for a sketch of Lightning Lad. cry I did manage to have him sign multiple Legion and Flash books though.

I also arranged two more commissions for later delivery from Ryan Santos and Scott Ambruson.
Hahaha Codpiece! Rachel Pollack would have dug that laugh
Hahaha Codpiece! Rachel Pollack would have dug that laugh

Thank you. The opportunity presented itself and it was too good to miss.
So Craig had a photo of my commission I can use here. Hogun the Grimm sketch cover by Craig Rousseau from yesterday's Wicked Comic Con 2023

That Thor commission is terrific and I really like Cyborg Superman as well.
That Thor commission is terrific and I really like Cyborg Superman as well.

Thank you.
My commission of Mon-El and Ultra Boy sketch cover by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of Star Boy by Anthony Castrillo

My acquisition of Venom sketch cover by Jim Kyle

Re Star Boy

Wow. Rare to see Thom looking so dynamic. Impressive.
Agree, that's a really great piece of art!
Re Star Boy

Wow. Rare to see Thom looking so dynamic. Impressive.

Agree, that's a really great piece of art!

Thanks guys. More to come.
My acquisition of Aquaman sketch cover by Damon Bowie

My commission of Captain Carter, Union Jack and Captain Britain sketch cover by Erik Fidel

My acquisition of Element Lad by Anthony Castrillo

That's a different look. "Elements" of Threeboot with some earlier costumes. I like it!
My commission of Colossus sketch cover by Greg “Inky” Charland on FCBD at Counterplay Comics, Woburn, MA

This started a conversation as to whether or not Colossus in his organic steel state can be tactile enough to taste.

My acquisition of the Punisher sketch cover by Eric Carter

oooh nice art!
oooh nice art!

Thank you IB!
A very kind gift of a Tyroc sketch on the back cover of my commissioned sketch cover by Joe Phillips

My acquisition of Spock sketch cover by Corey Ross

My acquisition of Batman sketch cover by Matt Buttich

My commission of Jay Garrick Flash sketch cover by Scott Ambruson

My commission of Captain Carter, Union Jack and Captain Britain sketch cover by Erik Fidel

Oh for the day we can produce a super hero without a flag on them. smile

Nice to see them all together JPops!

Oh for the day we can produce a super hero without a flag on them. smile

Nice to see them all together JPops!

Thanks Thoth! I will see what I can do about the flags!
lol
My acquisition of Thor sketch card by Greg Moutafis

My acquisition of Star Boy by Jeffrey Moy

Jeff Moy art is always a treat!
My commission of Sun Boy by Dean Lee

ooooh, a stunning piece of art by Dean, as always! miss having Dean around these parts. thanks for sharing J-pop!
Jeff Moy art is always a treat!

ooooh, a stunning piece of art by Dean, as always! miss having Dean around these parts. thanks for sharing J-pop!

Thanks IB. I have two more pieces to share yet from Mr. Moy! And I will be working with Dean again too.
Nice! looking forward to those smile
My acquisition of Chris Hemsworth Thor sketch cover by David Jacob Duke

My acquisition of Captain Marvel and Mr. Mind sketch cover by Anthony Spay

Love the airdropping Mister Mind, JPops. Lovely touch.
My acquisition of Jay Garrick Flash sketch card by Greg Moutafis

My commission of Thorn sketch cover by Jeff Dekal from Wicked Comic Con 2023

My acquisition of John Stewart Green Lantern Hero Initiative Drink & Draw coaster by Jeffrey Moy

My acquisition of Captain America sketch cover
pencils & colors by Brendon Fraim
inks by Brian Fraim

Nice one.
Nice one.

Thank you
My acquisition of Smallville Lex Luther sketch cover by David Jacob Duke
David was able to have Michael Rosenbaum sign it at Niagara Falls Comic Con last week where they both appreciated their mutual love of Joy Division.

That's a real beaut. Great collector's item too.
That's a real beaut. Great collector's item too.

Thanks, now to get Tom Welling to sign the sketch cover I had David do of him too.
My acquisition of Captain America sketch cover by JP Perez

My commission of Sun Boy as a member of the "Adult" Legion of Super-Heroes by Dean Lee

Daddy Dirk!!
Daddy Dirk!!

lol
My acquisition of Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl sketch cover by Jeffrey Moy

Moy's art is great as always, and suits the character very well!
Ibby's right. That's a great depiction of Cassie.
Moy's art is great as always, and suits the character very well!

Ibby's right. That's a great depiction of Cassie.

Thanks guys. Still more coming from Mr. Moy!
A gift from the artist, Wednesday Addams by Dean Lee

My acquisition of XS Drink & Draw coaster for Hero Initiative by Jeffrey Moy

My acquisition of Robin (Dick Grayson) from Batman Forever sketch cover by Erik Fidel

As many know I support a wide range of artists, not necessarily based on their professional experience. I have also been lucky enough to receive some art as gifts by artists. This is a special collection recently gifted to me by aspiring 3 1/2 year old artist Theodore Fidel (son of Erik Fidel who I have commissioned sketch covers and cards). I see future layouts and commissions!

nice! he's starting young!
You could slap a Vertigo label on this one and call it a Sandman cover! laugh
nice! he's starting young!

You could slap a Vertigo label on this one and call it a Sandman cover! laugh

Thanks guys for supporting this young artist
My commission of Phantom Stranger and Doctor Strange sketch cover by Erik Fidel

What a strange pairing! (Clever idea.)
What a strange pairing! (Clever idea.)

Thanks. I get them once in a while. Rare but they can happen. lol
A gift from the artist. Val Armorr (Karate Kid) by Dean Lee

My commission of Rawhide Kid sketch cover by Ryan Santos

My commission of Mon-El sketch cover by Ariel Olivetti at FAN EXPO Boston 2023

My commission of Sunspot sketch cover by Bob McLeod at FAN EXPO Boston 2023

My commission of Mister Terrific (Michael Holt) and his T-spheres sketch cover by JaVon Stokes at FAN EXPO Boston 2023

My commission of Harley Quinn sketch cover by Amanda Dufresne at FAN EXPO Boston 2023

My acquisition of Robin sketch cover by Ken Berude of Big Teddy Studios at FAN EXPO Boston 2023

My commission of Princess Projectra sketch cover by Chris Ehnot at FAN EXPO Boston 2023

My commission of Old Man Hawkeye sketch cover by John Hebert at FAN EXPO Boston 2023

My commission of Validus sketch cover by Ryan Kincaid at FAN EXPO Boston 2023

My commission of Lightning Lad sketch cover at FAN EXPO Boston 2023
pencils/inks by Keith Williams
colors by Steve Lydic

My commission of Volstagg beating up some ogres sketch cover by Bobby Breed from FAN EXPO Boston 2023

My commission of Creeper sketch cover by Ryan Santos from FAN EXPO Boston 2023

That's a creepy Creeper! He always just looks like a weird guy in bodypaint in comics but this pic really sells him as how unnerving he's meant to be, I dig it!
That's a creepy Creeper! He always just looks like a weird guy in bodypaint in comics but this pic really sells him as how unnerving he's meant to be, I dig it!

Thanks. He does great work for all my commissions. We are already thinking what will be next.
A gift from the artist. White Witch by Dean Lee

A gift from the artist. Jeckie by Dean Lee

My commission of Stingray and Namor sketch cover by Erik Fidel

A gift from the artist. Lady Lightning (Lightning Lord gender flip) by Dean Lee

Artist gift to me. Wanda Maximoff by Dean Lee

My first of four Inhuman sketch cover commissions with Criss Madd! Triton and Lockjaw at the pool!

Artist gift to me. Ororo by Dean Lee

Artist gift to me. Duo Damsel by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Superman family sketch cover by Anthony Castrillo

That's a beaut!
That's a beaut!

Thank you
My acquisition of The Founders sketch cover by John Ashton Golden

My acquisition of The Invaders sketch cover by Anthony Castrillo

Very cool
Very cool

Thank you. More to come from Anthony.
My commission of Element Lad by Chris Batista has now received colors by Rich Seetoo

oh wow those colours really make it pop!

The Invaders cover is cool too!
oh wow those colours really make it pop!

The Invaders cover is cool too!

Thanks! Super happy with them both.
Artist gift to me. Taarna from Heavy Metal by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Lieutenant Nyota Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) sketch cover by Criss Madd

Not sure if I ever shared the back image from the gift to me by Anthony Castrillo. This was a sketch done on the back of the John Fox Future Flash sketch cover. This is an oversight on my end and I wish to correct that now.

Great Uhura sketch. Excellently captures those Original Series vibes. Flash looks pretty good too. Very dynamic.
Great Uhura sketch. Excellently captures those Original Series vibes. Flash looks pretty good too. Very dynamic.

Thanks. Waited a year for her.
My acquisition of the Legion of Super-Heroes sketch cover by Anthony Castrillo

Very cool.
Very cool.

Thank you. Loved it since the layout pencils!
Artist gift to me. Morticia Addams by Dean Lee

My commission of Toyman sketch cover by Jonboy Meyers from FAN EXPO Boston 2023.

My acquisition of Doctor Strange sketch cover by Phil Jimenez

Ok so it's time to share this year's holiday commission!

This one was very special to me and I really need to thank Greg Fox for the inspiring back story for this one!!

This is a moment between two people that touches the heart strings. And a perfect reminder of what the season can mean to others.

My commission of Price Kingsbury (of KYLE'S BED & BREAKFAST by Greg Fox) cosplaying Cosmic Boy as he spends time with his friend, Maya, who he met while he and the other cast members went as the Legion of Super-Heroes to the children's hospital.

This sketch cover captures their Christmas moment. I hope this gives everyone the feels!

Here are the links to the back story so you can understand how it all came to be. Follow Greg's other stories for more cameos and references to the Legion.

Episode 591
Episode 592
Episode 593
Episode 607

Jimenez never misses, that Dr Strange is great!!
A Christmas present came early...

My commission of Lightning Lad by Chris Batista has now been colored by Rich Seetoo

amazing! thnks for sharing!
amazing! thnks for sharing!

Thanks IB.
My commission from at Granite State Comicon 2022 of Black Lightning sketch cover by Trevor Von Eeden has now been digitally colored by Rich Seetoo

My acquisition of Ultra Boy by Mark Stegbauer that he did in a series for the benefit of Second Harvest of WI

Rich Seetoo has added some colors to my acquired Superboy and Krypto by Jon Pinto

oooh really liking this style for Superboy and Krypto!
That's a great drawing and nice colouring.

The style for Krypto looked vaguely familiar and then it clicked. It is reminiscent of Disney's animated 101 Dalmatians. Great for facial expression.
My acquisition of Ultra Boy and Phantom Girl by Dean Lee

beautiful!
beautiful!

Thanks IB. Sorry I haven't been around much. Many issues with my family since my mother's passing in July.
My acquisition of Sean Erin and Jan Arrah by Dean Lee

love it! and the detail on the stubble is sublime!
My acquisition of Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad by Dean Lee

My acquisition of Mon-El and Shadow Lass by Dean Lee

gorgeous!
gorgeous!

Thanks IB.
My commission of Grimbor the Chainsman sketch card by Cal Slayton

very nice!!!