Legion World
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Sarky's Art Commissions - 12/22/20 05:10 AM
I dunno. This feels weird after the past week, but... I dunno.

Anyway, most of my commissions this past year have been digital since there's been no comic conventions. I feel more comfortable collecting physical artwork if I can store it in my sketchbooks because they take up less space and I don't have to worry about buying sleeves.

[Linked Image from cafans.b-cdn.net]

Over on instagram, I was able to commission LOSH animator/character designer Derrick J. Wyatt to do a fat Lightning Lad piece for me. He finished it a couple of days ago. Ten years ago I don't think I would've ever felt comfortable enough with myself to get something like this, especially from one of the people who created one of my favorite versions of LL. And yet here we are, with a commission of my personal vision of Garth from a Legion animator.
Posted By: stile86 Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 12/23/20 12:01 AM
Ha! that gave me a chuckle.
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 10/12/21 12:48 AM
I was able to attend NYCC after two years this past weekend. Here are all the Legion sketches and commissions I got:

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspot.com/2021/10/sarcasm-kids-nycc-2021-legion-sketch.html
Posted By: supragirl Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 10/12/21 03:00 PM
These are all great!
Posted By: Ann Hebistand Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 10/12/21 06:48 PM
I love them, Sarky! Thanks so much!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 10/12/21 06:51 PM
Crumbs! Loads of cracking comissions Sarky!

I thought I'd just be posting about one fav, but there are lots of super ones in there.
Posted By: razsolo Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 10/13/21 12:19 AM
These are great SK! Vi and Ayla being cute is my favourite but Ringtoss looks wicked as well - I forgot he existed!
Posted By: Jfposey Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 10/14/21 11:05 PM
More! More! This crowd demands more!
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 11/17/21 06:35 AM
So I commissioned an artist named Oifaaa over on tumblr to do a mini comic featuring the cartoon and comic versions of Lightning Lad with my gal Erika Dent, the one from the last holiday commission I got for you guys.

This is basically my general vibe if I get my hands on the Legion.

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 11/21/21 03:30 AM
Today I met actress Erika Anderson, who was the namesake and voice inspiration for Erika Dent thanks to her acting as Greta Gibson in "A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child," and got to thank her in person for having been part of my creating an important character for an important story I want to tell about the Legion.

I gave her a printout of Oifaaa's comic and she signed a printout of the original design from nanihoo. Today was a day of good tears.

Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 11/21/21 11:51 AM
that's amazing, Sarky! happy for you
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 11/22/21 01:36 AM
This was on the same level as something Devin Grayson once said to me about the work I've been trying to do for Blue Corn Comics.
Posted By: stile86 Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 11/22/21 02:59 AM
That meeting with Erika sounds like it would have been great Sarky.
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 11/22/21 04:58 AM
I want this to be what I give to all of you.

I want the story I hope to tell with Erika Dent to be the thing that brings us full circle, me stepping into the role that this place and the Legion were for me when I needed it.

I wanted so much to speak to Erika Anderson and thank her, and have her be touched by it, because I wanted to see it as a cue I'm on the right track for myself.

I know you guys like to tease me sometimes on the stuff I focus on like making Lightning Lad fat and that stuff with Roy and Lian Harper and it's, it's all part of my personal vision to do a good story. Erika Dent has the most important role to play in it. Because she represents both my anger and frustration and hatred over all the horrid things we've gone through, and my love and happiness and delight I've received that tells me to keep going.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 11/22/21 09:23 AM
Awww....

I'm not crying!!

YOU'RE cyring!!!
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 11/22/21 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by cleome55
Awww....

I'm not crying!!

YOU'RE cyring!!!

...yes I-I thought I made that clear like five posts ago.
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Sarky's Art Commissions - 12/13/21 09:21 PM
https://www.pointhorror.com/9099/judes-stocking-stuffers-super-megafest-21-and-erika-anderson/

I wrote something about Super Megafest over on one of the horror websites I contribute to
© Legion World