Legion World
Well folks here's my contribution to this esteemed forum hope y'all enjoy and let me know what you think.

[Linked Image]
**incase your scratching your head, this first drawning i did was for the Yahoo LsHRPG. it's Element Lad (in more of a Monk phase) Colossal Boy,(i took alittle from the Cockrum era Costume & mixed it with the Sw6 era costume to come up with that outfit.) next is Thunder, and Dream Girl.**

heres my spin on a new costume for Shady.
[Linked Image]

and this one is a little different design on Dawny:
[Linked Image]

and here's CeCe:
[Linked Image]
Kid Quantum 2

[Linked Image]
LJ, your images are undoubtedly appearing here for you, but not for those who aren't signed in to MSN Groups with a .NET Passport ID.

Edit: Nor, apparently, for those with a .NET Passport ID other than your own -- mine doesn't work.

Take a look at the stickied thread at the top of Bits for information about several alternatives to store and "hot-link" your images effectively, all of them free to use.
Here's Laurel Gand: Andromeda
[Linked Image]
Sorry for the mix up folks, finally got it right thanks to Greybird, hug
You're very kind, LJ. Do try the free hosting at ImageShack , folks, it's a lot faster to use and more intuitive than some of the other alternatives -- such as MyWebpage.netscape.com, which once worked well, but is now slow and erratic.

These are marvelous sketches! (Or DC-ous {grin}) Vibrant and realistic body types, especially in contrast among that quartet. You have an excellent grasp of humanoid proportion and anatomy. I'd love to see these colored by one of our intrepid folk (hint!), especially the Andromeda and (o'course) Dawnstar.
I agree. Very very nice, John. I started to complain about the ladies hips but Grey's correct, they look more like real people than I usually see in comics.
Jasmin in particular actually looks like a real "lady of color" as opposed to just being colored that way. She's even got the body language and attitude to accompany the part.
Well done.
John, what Legion Yahoo group are you a part of? Caroline and I (more her than myself for the last while) are members of a number of Legion based Yahoo RPGs. Why do I feel like I should know you and will feel real stupid when I find out. confused
Spectacular pencils john, really well done
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
John, what Legion Yahoo group are you a part of? Caroline and I (more her than myself for the last while) are members of a number of Legion based Yahoo RPGs. Why do I feel like I should know you and will feel real stupid when I find out. confused
don't feel silly Scott, i'm Thunder over at Kel's Superboy's Legion RPG. hope you and prince Garth come back real soon ok? wink
Greybird,Yellow Kid,Dedman, thank you for the kind words smile
Very nice JOHN, it does make a nice change to see women drawn with more realistic shapes. Thunder and Kid Q are my favourites.

More, more, more!!!
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
[b] John, what Legion Yahoo group are you a part of? Caroline and I (more her than myself for the last while) are members of a number of Legion based Yahoo RPGs. Why do I feel like I should know you and will feel real stupid when I find out. confused
don't feel silly Scott, i'm Thunder over at Kel's Superboy's Legion RPG. hope you and prince Garth come back real soon ok? wink [/b]
Thanks John! Should've realized you were Thunder from your avatar. Prince Garth is one of my two favorite Garth's that I play(ed) and I do hope one day to return to the fold. Maybe I'll surprise Kel soon with a post. laugh
BTW, I love the piece you did for Kel's game. Especially for Evan's Jan. It looks great!
Particularly lovely Jazmin! Let's see some more L. John.
[Linked Image]

Here's my design for the Dragonmage over at Kel's Legion
Another really nice job on Dragonmage John, like the dragon design too!!!
Originally posted by dedman:
Another really nice job on Dragonmage John, like the dragon design too!!!
Thanks again Dedman.
I've seen your thread on here for quite a while, but was never able to see the images until now. Well, they're very good! The Andromeda is a classic. It'd be great if you could ink and color these, too.
These are very good John. Thanks for sharing them!

Had a chance to color the Thunder. Hope you like it. When I get a chance I may do some of the others.

click to enlarge
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
These are very good John. Thanks for sharing them!

Had a chance to color the Thunder. Hope you like it. When I get a chance I may do some of the others.

click to enlarge
Loser Lad AWESOME coloring job, cool like all your other colorings bravo!!!! i've got to learn how to do Photoshop.
click to enlarge

this is my restyled Mysa Nul aka: the White Witch from Superboy's Legion over at Yahoo
here's a few more i managed work on.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

here's a little different version of Romie i did
[Linked Image]
and Saturn Girl
[Linked Image]
i was honored to have this Sketch i did of Saturn Girl touched up and inked by non other than ChrisCross him self.
[Linked Image]
i was inspired by Lil'Knowjack to go and dig out these drawing i did back in '92 or '93 when DC launched the Sw6 Legionnares book

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and this one i did back then was a submisson to an old comics magazine called Hero's Illustrated they use to have a contest every month and if your submission was picked it would be the cover of that months issue,....couldn't find the finished colored copy but enjoy.

[Linked Image]
didn't get chosen but i had fun doing it back then.
[Linked Image]

i think this speaks for itself
John very sexy Saturn Girl. Love the alternate Andromeda outfit and Dawny! Great stuff man.
i was inspired by Lil'Knowjack to go and dig out these drawing i did back in '92 or '93 when DC launched the Sw6 Legionnares book

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and this one i did back then was a submisson to an old comics magazine called Hero's Illustrated they use to have a contest every month and if your submission was picked it would be the cover of that months issue,....couldn't find the finished colored copy but enjoy.

[Linked Image]
didn't get chosen but i had fun doing it back then.
Hi John - a question for you - who is the guy next to Catspaw? (to her immediate right)?
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hi John! *jumps* *waves*

Now that I knew who to look for here, I could find your works. I think my favorite is your redesign of Dawnstar. I'll be watching your thread now.
I really like that Supergirl picture. You make her look strong; recent artists seem to avoid that.
Wow--I am embarrassed to say I missed this thread until now. Love that you were 'inspired' by me to bring out your older artwork!

Excellent stuff! Keep it coming!
Suncat,Arachne & Knowjack, thanks for the complaments.

here's a pic of Jan before he became the
progenitor;
[Linked Image]
and the next group of pic are more redesigns of Legionnaires that i did from the Superboy's Legion RPG over at Yahoo.
[Linked Image]

this is Tinya who goes by the code name Banshee.
and this is Jo Nah who goes by the name Rogue
[Linked Image]
Kent Shakespeare
[Linked Image]
and this is Starbolt aka Thom Kallor
of the Legion and the legendary Star Knights
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
and the next group of pic are more redesigns of Legionnaires that i did from the Superboy's Legion RPG over at Yahoo.

This is my favorite out of this set of redesigns. I'm a sucker for bell sleeves.
Originally posted by Suncat:
[b] and the next group of pic are more redesigns of Legionnaires that i did from the Superboy's Legion RPG over at Yahoo.

This is my favorite out of this set of redesigns. I'm a sucker for bell sleeves. [/b]
thanks Suncat all i really did was keep the basic
bellsleves & bottoms from her pre-boot era costume and merged it with Phase's L.e.g.i.o.n
costume with the black top and the black area down the middle.
ok now something non-Legion i just got the Modern Masters vol #2 book on George Perez and i was inspired to Draw Wonder Woman in his style with curly hair making her look more greek than anglo as so many artist have drawn her nowadays
[Linked Image]
here's a link to a bigger pic if needed
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Wow John... Perez ain't got nothin' on you!

Seriously, this stuff is great. Maaaajor props. nod
[Linked Image]

Wow John, I love this design and pic of Tinya.
Thanks Cobalt Kid and Caliente.
and this is Starbolt aka Thom Kallor
of the Legion and the legendary Star Knights
click to enlarge
Oh my God! How is it you've drawn such an outrageously good picture of my character, and yet I've never seen it?!? You've got to show these to the rest of the group... laugh
Awesome!!! StarBoy
something to help me get JLU withdrawal
[Linked Image]
holy Crap it's been 2 years since i posted anything new on here,..kinda funny how life get's in the way but i'm back and gonna post some Legion-goodness here's the first one
a little tribute to all that was cool about the Legion in the 70's:
[Linked Image]

more to come folks. smile
Love it! More is definitely needed! smile

Shady looks especially hot and playful.
[Linked Image]
decided to try my hand at drawing 3boot Dream girl.
and obviously you all know who this is:
[Linked Image]
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Love it! More is definitely needed! smile

Shady looks especially hot and playful.
thanks Cobbie yeah i tried to make her look hot and sassy smile
That second one is... now don't tell me.... it's...it's... Orintho of the Wanderers! Right?

Seriously, great work John.
I love the four girls together, they really look happy. It reminds me of that story when four of them went out to the City Star restaurant and ended up arresting the Chief of the SPs (except that story had really bad artwork).

That's an excellent Dawnstar costume! (All I see is a photobucket notice for Dream Girl - I guess she's moved on to another realm? wink )
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I love the four girls together, they really look happy. It reminds me of that story when four of them went out to the City Star restaurant and ended up arresting the Chief of the SPs (except that story had really bad artwork).

That's an excellent Dawnstar costume! (All I see is a photobucket notice for Dream Girl - I guess she's moved on to another realm? wink )
yeah for some reason Photobucket in their infantile wisdom decreed that my Dream Girl pic violated their term of use of whatever so i'll up load it to another host site
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Just wanted to put a thumbs up with a side of keep 'em comin' on this thread!
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Just wanted to put a thumbs up with a side of keep 'em comin' on this thread!
thanks Sketch. smile
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
can't help it she was one of my favorites from the reboot era
[Linked Image]

*Opps sorry for the repost folks*
That's a real good Wildfire.

I never really liked Thunder, but that is a great drawing of her.
Heh! I knew I'd seen that Thunder drawing before!
3 Boot StarBoy
[Linked Image]
The dark eyes really work against the lighter pencils. Gives him a look that I can't explain, but I like!
Andromeda
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I admire your nice clean linework. I wish I was patient enough to do that, but then I wouldn't be "Sketch" Lad anymore, would I?

Well, I'm sure it will come as no surprise that it would be great to see your work in action. Literally....sequentials! Have you ever done any?
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
I admire your nice clean linework. I wish I was patient enough to do that, but then I wouldn't be "Sketch" Lad anymore, would I?

Well, I'm sure it will come as no surprise that it would be great to see your work in action. Literally....sequentials! Have you ever done any?
not yet Sketch but that's on my "to-do" list of new year projects. it's just trying to find the time is the hard part.
[Linked Image]
Very nice work! Once again, I seem to be one of the few on these boards with no discernible talent. Sighhh...
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
Very nice work! Once again, I seem to be one of the few on these boards with no discernible talent. Sighhh...
check here for an example of my no discernable talent.
That version of Sun Boy reminds me of Prez.
not exactly Legion related *or is it hmmm * anywho Earth's GL's
[Linked Image]
I like it...
[Linked Image]
Garth!! Wow, totes fab, John!! laugh So dynamic. He's a powerful guy, that Lightning Lad.
Glad you like the GL's Abin and thank you Cali
[Linked Image]
Dude that's a seriously awesome Garth pic and I love that Supes image.
3Boot Shadow Lass
[Linked Image]
ok this is my redesign of CatsPaw,..i had done this a few years ago for the yahoo Legion RPG i was playing.
[Linked Image]
Seriously serious Catspaw there - and a nice change from the scatterbrained look of the original.

Great Superboy! Shady looks awfully sedate - or pleased with herself.
[Linked Image]
Nice gestures on that last one in particular.

(((Inking envy)))) Love the shadows on Superman.
Originally posted by cleome:
Nice gestures on that last one in particular.

(((Inking envy)))) Love the shadows on Superman.
thank's cleome it was fun doing it.
great stuff, John! I see you're using that Superman on Facebook.
i now present to you all one of the least favorite (although i thought she was cool)character from the re-boot era:
[Linked Image]
hey!! someone had to show poor Candi some love.
thanks for the correction Quis.
I liked Monstress too. Excellant drawing byb the way.

(also her name was Candi, not Cyndi)
darnit your right Quis,..my bad
I liked Monstress and I like your drawing of her.
was looking forward to doing these, and tried to color my own stuff for a change, not crazy with how it turned out probably the type of markers i used. but i'll learn from this and try again.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Great stuff! I love the Cham & Sun Boy in particular.
[Linked Image]

thought i'd try a redesign of Tyroc's costume. tried to keep some of the original aspects of his 70's costume and tweak it some including a new hair-do. but looking at it now after i drew it, it kinda looks like something Karate Kid would wear.
Great stuff, John! Your design here is the first time I've actually liked Projectra's latest costume! smile
Love Rokk's pose and expression.
Originally posted by Jerry:
Love Rokk's pose and expression.
He must be thinking about Brainy!
(Or was that just Primeboot?)
Cool Tyroc! I can't tell from the size of the picture, but did you go cornrows or tight braids?

Tight braids or dreds would have totally rocked on Tyroc, I think.
Originally posted by Set:
Cool Tyroc! I can't tell from the size of the picture, but did you go cornrows or tight braids?

Tight braids or dreds would have totally rocked on Tyroc, I think.
went with tight braids. it looks like they're going with dreds for him in the Legion Lost book
[Linked Image]
Bumped in memory of l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

[Linked Image]

Rest in Peace
Thanks, Exxy. Good idea!
A fitting tribute.
he had such an amazing talent
I loved his poses, even physically weak characters looked powerful.
He had a real knack for capturing the "super" part of superhero
I can't believe I never commented on these before. He did such a great job.
Anyone have the pictures originally hosted on Imageshack, now removed?
© Legion World