Legion World
Posted By: Brain-Fall-Out Boy Titans TV Series - 12/02/18 10:48 AM
As of ep 8:

Still loving Beast Boy. Best thing about the show. I hope killing for the first time doesn’t change him too much.

Shocked by the implication that Kory Anders has a backstory. Not what they’re hinting that it might be, just that they remembered that she ought to have one. She’s set up to be a very different take, which I normally like. I look forward to learning enough about one of the four main characters to have an opinion on her.

Raven continues to be a perfectly acceptable but not exciting take on the character.

They nailed Donna Troy PERFECTLY, except for their ridiculous insistence that she have a comprehensible backstory that wasn’t retconned by the end of her first appearance. Sadly, her attempts to teach Dick how not to be a violent psychotic freak show served to remind me how how much I don’t like Dick as a violent psychotic freak show. But I’d like to see more of Donna.

I like the recent developments for Hawk and Dove, in which they have developed into characters who are not on the show any more. I hope they continue to develop the new possibilities this opens up for the characters.
Posted By: Brain-Fall-Out Boy Re: Titans TV Series - 12/04/18 10:35 AM
The next episode will be called Hank and Dawn. Sigh.
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: Titans TV Series - 02/17/19 06:35 PM
Ok I enjoy everyone except for Dick Grayson - who I believe is in a totally different show than everyone else.

The overall plotting was irregular for me - with some episodes doing a lot and others were just dragging.

I still am not sure where it is supposed to go. The close of Season 1 was underwhelming.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Titans TV Series - 02/17/19 07:13 PM
I liked it although I did find the season ending a disconnect.
Posted By: Brain-Fall-Out Boy Re: Titans TV Series - 02/19/19 03:27 PM
Yeah, that season finale was basically a filler issue. An odd choice.
Posted By: Brain-Fall-Out Boy Re: Titans TV Series - 04/12/19 12:57 AM
Jason Todd is bumped up to regular, and Wonder Girl is not? Looks like another season of Dick’s daddy issues, my FAVORITE part of the show. 🙄
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: Titans TV Series - 04/14/19 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by Brain-Fall-Out Boy
Jason Todd is bumped up to regular, and Wonder Girl is not? Looks like another season of Dick’s daddy issues, my FAVORITE part of the show. 🙄

My sarcasm sense is tingling...

Seriously, Donna Troy was WAY better a guest star

ARGH!
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Titans TV Series - 04/09/21 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by Brain-Fall-Out Boy
The next episode will be called Hank and Dawn. Sigh.

I am finally streaming this since I have HBO Max.

Just watched this episode. Pretty powerful.

I was gonna say it hit me like a truck, but that would be inappropriate.
Posted By: Gaseous Lad Re: Titans TV Series - 04/18/21 11:31 PM
So I pushed through this last week and finished watching the whole show.

Season 1 - pretty f-ing awesome. Rachel's story really grounded the show and drove the narrative. I really liked it a lot.

Season 2 - What the actual F*** am I watching? Why is this such a chore to get through?

Such a stark contrast between the seasons, they are basically different shows.

If you haven't seen it, just watch S1 and S2 Ep 1. Then stop. Please, for the love of god, don't watch any more. lol
© Legion World