Legion World
Posted By: MLLASH Bob Rozakis - 09/22/05 12:21 AM
Leapin' jeepers!

Not only was Mr. Rozakis responsible for my favorite run of TEEN TITANS, but he also was largely responsible for 2 other 70s faves of mine: FREEDOM FIGHTERS and SECRET SOCIETY OF SUPER-VILLAINS!

Click on the bibliography and check it out!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Bob Rozakis - 09/22/05 12:22 AM
Ummm... oops.

Bob Rozakis!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Bob Rozakis - 09/22/05 02:17 AM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chaim Mattis Keller Re: Bob Rozakis - 09/22/05 02:19 AM
I loved him as "The Answer Man" on the Daily Planet pages. Lord, but all those questions about the value of back issues were annoying to wade through.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Bob Rozakis - 04/15/07 07:25 PM
This man deserves more love, damn it all!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Bob Rozakis - 05/20/08 03:03 PM
Recognize and celebrate!
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Bob Rozakis - 05/20/08 03:11 PM
I loved his work as a kid... not sure how it would hold up if I read it today.

Answer Man was classic, though... remember the Hembecks in the Daily Planet, too?

there aughtta be a collection of them,
Posted By: Superboy-Supergirl Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/05/08 03:39 PM
shakespeare th4ere is now..
Posted By: Jeffrey Allan Boman Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/06/08 02:44 PM
I give him big birthday props every year too.
Posted By: Anita Cocktail Re: Bob Rozakis - 03/13/12 04:47 AM
I dig that Rozakis fella!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Bob Rozakis - 03/14/12 06:38 PM
He also did a whole lot (all?) of those "What Ever Happened to...?" stories in the back of DC Comics Presents IIRC.

He was a groovy dude! He had his own column in Comics Buyers Guide for like 20 years which was always enjoyable to read.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Bob Rozakis - 04/04/12 02:55 AM
Mr. Rozakis' birthday is TOMORROW! As I totally j'adore him, I plan to go nuts over on the Groovy 70s Teen Titan and other pages I do on Facebook.

I wish he had written a LSH story sometime...
Posted By: Set Re: Bob Rozakis - 04/12/12 09:45 PM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
[Linked Image]
That's kind of cool how Duela is sitting on an angle that doesn't actually support her in any way, as if the letter T is something from Jareth's final scene in the Labyrinth.
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Bob Rozakis - 04/13/12 04:10 AM
I had a chance to meet Bob Rozakis at Big Apple Con last year and I missed it.

I could've had him sign some of my Duela sketches.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/03/12 04:15 AM
Been chatting a little with Mr. Rozakis on FB tonight, it breaks my heart that DC doesn't recognize him (financially) as creator of BUMBLEBEE (who is appearing in YOUNG JUSTICE) and DUELA DENT (set for a return soon)...

I tried to keep his spirits up about it, and he did say this:

[Linked Image]

But all in all, I'm a little disheartened... I wish he would get his creator's credit and some financial compensation. Would it KILL them to send the creator a little bonus check???
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/03/12 04:18 AM
Ummm, on a semirelated note, do you guys think a screen-capture of a public (to friends) FB conversation is crossing a line?? It just dawned on me that it might be... (this is NOT a private PM or anything, but a share from my GREAT FROG GROOVY TITANS page)...

Is this okay??? *fretting*
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/03/12 06:00 AM
Well I am now thinking actually it IS okay... *no longer fretting*
Posted By: Blaze Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/03/12 06:20 AM
I see nothing wrong there unless it's meant to be just between the two of you. Since you made it clear that it's public, it's for everyone's consumption. wink
Posted By: Shining Son Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/03/12 07:17 AM
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
Been chatting a little with Mr. Rozakis on FB tonight, it breaks my heart that DC doesn't recognize him (financially) as creator of BUMBLEBEE (who is appearing in YOUNG JUSTICE) and DUELA DENT (set for a return soon)...

I tried to keep his spirits up about it, and he did say this:

[Linked Image]

But all in all, I'm a little disheartened... I wish he would get his creator's credit and some financial compensation. Would it KILL them to send the creator a little bonus check???
They never know when a character is going to break out as a huge property, and especially after the Siegel business,they're never going to give credit or compensation where they don't have to, because that just becomes ammunition in court.

Just as most lawyers will advise you not to apologize for something even if you're wrong.

Part of it is human nature, the rest is what the world has become.
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/03/12 10:13 AM
Nice exchange and thanks for sharing it, but what's this about Duela Dent?
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/03/12 10:28 AM
if it was me going to the SDCC this July and attending the DC Panel....if I see Dan on the panel, I will bring him a question - why no Bumblebee in NuDC books where she kicks major ass in cartoon, both in Teen Titans and Young Justice ?!? and I would mention that she's Bob's creation. See what Dan will say....hmphn!

too bad I will not be able to go there this year. sob frown
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/03/12 11:23 AM
Just another example of the Big 2 proving to be no better than BP or Exxon or any other money grubbing gang of pimps and con men. shake
Posted By: Shining Son Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/03/12 04:39 PM
People are evil. Corporations just remove the parts that aren't.

But I've found individuals can be capable of amazing depths themselves.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/04/12 02:35 AM
Here's the info on Duela's return... it's a "non-continuity" series apparently:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...ame-comi-take-on-batgirl-and-duela-dent/
Posted By: Set Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/04/12 02:38 AM
Bah, they should just throw Duela into the 31st century, and let her practice her schtick on a whole universe full of villains.

Duela Dent is... Universo's Daughter!
Duela Dent is... Lightning Lord's Daughter!
Duela Dent is... Tharok's Daughter!
Duela Dent is... Grimbor's Daughter!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/04/12 02:42 AM
lol Oh I would LOVE that!!!
Posted By: Jerry Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/04/12 03:26 AM
I know I mentioned this elsewhere on Legion World, but it is worth repeating here.

I have a Weird War tales comic booked autographed by Mr. Rozakis. I got it in a comic book grab bag I received for having a letter printed when I was a kid. Awesome kind of good.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/04/12 04:19 AM
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
[b]Here's the info on Duela's return... it's a "non-continuity" series apparently:

]http://robot6.comicbookres...-on-batgirl-and-duela-dent/[/qb][/QUOTE]

ZOINKS! ElasticLad NSFW Warning! Sexy unrelated spam scrolling down on link! <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Cameltoe alert!</span></span>
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Bob Rozakis - 06/04/12 05:25 AM
I've never seen that... must be my popup blocker. Of course, that's something my eye wouldn't be drawn to right away anyway lol
© Legion World