Legion World
Posted By: rtvu2 Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/27/05 09:18 PM
Gail will give Geoff a break and write a two parter that will feature the new Hawk and Dove. Thats the good news.

Here is the bad.

[Linked Image]

I am not kidding. Check out this website. http://www.robliefeld.net/main.htm frown

When did Robin started wearing booties? mad
Posted By: Pov Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/27/05 10:20 PM
Oh, Good GOD. frown

No, please, NO.

Is Gail working with guys like Rob and Byrne intentionally?!

And Robin got booties, but WW and Raven got boobies... mad The solo picture of Cassie is even worse. It looks like he actually concentrated on her bust, and drew the rest of the pic around it. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Reboot Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/27/05 10:27 PM
I actually like his Robin redesign, which eliminates that damn underwear.

[img]http://tinypic.com/4r6e5t[/img]
well i suppose ROB did draw the original mini-series back in the late 80's !!

did he have input in the story, also ??

i can't say that his art has ever offened me, that much, but i didn't really follow his MARVEL stuff anyway !!

what issue numbers are they ??

Matthew.
I have to agree with Reboot - That Robin looks pretty good, though he makes me think more of Dick Grayson than Tim Drake for some reason.

It's the interior pages I'm concerned about. If somebody actually edits the work - it might turn out OK.
Posted By: Reboot Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/28/05 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
I have to agree with Reboot - That Robin looks pretty good, though he makes me think more of Dick Grayson than Tim Drake for some reason.
Probably the jacket - DG had a red jacket over the short shorts, Tim's tended to have a leotard over trousers. That's the only Greysonish bit about it though - it's mostly Tim's standard suit, with a new R (neither DG not Tim), the yellow trim along the front, and the brown utility belt (based on the BY1/post-NML Batman belt) being the other changes.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/28/05 01:49 AM
he heh... I'm actually kind-of looking forward to this in a twisted way... that picture of Raven above makes me giggle...
Originally posted by Pov:

And Robin got booties, but WW and Raven got boobies... mad The solo picture of Cassie is even worse. It looks like he actually concentrated on her bust, and drew the rest of the pic around it. :rolleyes:
Next issue... WG and Raven get booties, too! Not *that* kind of booties, ya dirty minded so and sos... Which means that Robin gets boobies! Sure to be a top seller.
Well at least Robin doesn't look like a brick shipyard. But eek ! Raven looks like she's shoplifting some melons.
Originally posted by Reboot:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
[b]I have to agree with Reboot - That Robin looks pretty good, though he makes me think more of Dick Grayson than Tim Drake for some reason.
Probably the jacket - DG had a red jacket over the short shorts, [/b]
That, and I think just the way liefeld draws Tim makes him look a few years older than he is.
Posted By: Bevis Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/28/05 06:52 AM
Raven's 60 year old droopy boobs not being held in by a bra are terrifying. The solo pic of WG is just appaling and generally it looks like Liefield has excelled himself in how little he understands basic human anatomy. I mean, what the hell is going on with Hawk? Apparently part of her powers are to make her right arm about six feet long and her left arm only five inches. Her boobs are... very odd, and she has a teeny tiny head. Ok, foreshortening and all the sort of stuff but the way he's drawn her makes it look like someone has told him about foreshortening but he's never actually seen it in real life.

Also, in the solo pic Robin doesn't actually appear to have a pelvis. He certainly doesn't have a waist, and there isn't enough room or form there for him to have a pelvic bone. His ribcage appears very odd too, and while he seems to be muscular his pectorals don't actually stand out from the rest of his torso. Oh, and he seems to have completely dislocated his right shoulder. Either that or he has two elbows.

You know, I don't mind stylised anatomy. My own drawing style isn't photrealistic in the slightest, but if someone is going to try and draw in such a way that is clearly meant to look real then they should at least have some vague idea of anatomy. He clearly hasn't looked at real humans for reference, and he doesn't even seem to have worked out how his figures can possibly stand like they do or where their bones are or anything. Urgh. I don't often hate artists work for their lack of accuracy, but Liefield is the exception to the rule.
Ugh.

UGH.

And I was really enjoying Titans too. Well, at least the writing will be good.

Funny thing though: did anyone look at the pencil drawings of Robin on Liefield's site? Those are actually quite good. Some of the posing is a bit odd, but the anatomy isn't so wildly improbable as is inks usually are.

As for the Robin solo pic posted above, he looks like Dick because Dick was always protrayed as a pretty muscular guy. Tim has generally been portrayed with a much slighter build, which gives him a younger look. The illo that really gets my goat is the pic of Kid Flash. He's huge! That's not Bart, that's Wally.
Posted By: Reboot Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/28/05 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Director Lad:
The illo that really gets my goat is the pic of Kid Flash. He's huge! That's not Bart, that's Wally.
Yeah, well Kid Flash isn't Bart, it's Wally, so it fits...
Posted By: Kinetix Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/28/05 12:10 PM
Ahhh, the surefire way to get me to drop a book.

Don't worry, I'll return when Liefeld goes.

Hate to miss Gail's issues, though. I've refused to support the companies hiring Liefeld since...hmm, I think the last one I got of his was Deathmate: Red.

J
His Robin looks like he also got bitten by a radioactive spider. Certainly in the way he 'poses' in literally all pictures...
In that group pic above, is it me or does Hawk look like she's flying? Which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that Hawk can't fly. And Robin looks like he's leaping from... well... nothing. He's just kinda suspended in midair with no reason to be there. I think a Bat-line or something would have been a nice addition.

And if Raven is smuggling melons, than I sispect Hawk and Dove are hiding nuclear warheads...
Posted By: Reboot Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/28/05 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
In that group pic above, is it me or does Hawk look like she's flying? Which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that Hawk can't fly. And Robin looks like he's leaping from... well... nothing. He's just kinda suspended in midair with no reason to be there. I think a Bat-line or something would have been a nice addition.
Well, given how there shouldn't be a new Hawk at all, given the conditions of H1 & D2's powerup...
Now, now, Reboot... we can't let a little thing like continuity stand in the way of storytelling wink
Originally posted by MLLASH:
he heh... I'm actually kind-of looking forward to this in a twisted way... that picture of Raven above makes me giggle...
I kinda am too! This will be the first Liefield book I've bought since Youngblood #3!
Posted By: Reboot Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/28/05 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
Now, now, Reboot... we can't let a little thing like continuity stand in the way of storytelling wink
So if the storytelling demands nuHawk fly, why let a little continuity piece like the fact that she shouldn't be able to bother you tongue
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/28/05 02:20 PM
Ahh come on Reboot, maybe a new set of Lords of Order and Chaos give them their powers. And the New Hawk Holly can't fly as seen in recent issues of the Titans.

Does anybody know what happend to the artist who drew the Hawk and Dove series Greg Guler? I think his name was?
Posted By: Reboot Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/28/05 02:46 PM
Originally posted by RTVU2:
Ahh come on Reboot, maybe a new set of Lords of Order and Chaos give them there powers.
It's "their powers".

And Dove just ass-umed there was going to be a nu-Hawk when she left JSA just before I finally dropped it. Doesn't fly (pun intended).

Originally posted by RTVU2:
And the New Hawk Holly can't fly as seen in recent issues of the Titans.
Yeah, well I wouldn't read TT if you paid me, so I didn't know.
What DC Comics do you read these days, 'Boot?
Posted By: Reboot Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/28/05 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
What DC Comics do you read these days, 'Boot?
JLA Classified (until ICB/JL is over), and that's it.
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/28/05 06:33 PM
maybe it is a ying yang thing. You can't have one without the other. You have a Dove, you have to have a Hawk.

Nature(and in comic books) will find a way.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/29/05 09:45 PM
Personally I think it's stupid that heroes named "Hawk" and "Dove" DON'T have flight capability.

Raven looks like someone took a plastic sex doll and put Raven's outfit on it with a couple of Christmas lights for eyes & earrings... *more giggles* This is gonna be funny!!!
Posted By: Pov Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/29/05 10:14 PM
Yah... REEEEEEEEAL "LOL"... as long as you don't care about the book much. :rolleyes: wink
Posted By: Reboot Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/29/05 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Pov:
Yah... REEEEEEEEAL "LOL"... as long as you don't care about the book much. :rolleyes: wink
rotflmao

tongue
Posted By: ferroboy Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/29/05 10:34 PM
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
well i suppose ROB did draw the original mini-series back in the late 80's !!
The only reason the art in the H&D mini was any good was because Karl Kessel re-inked Liefeld's stuff.
Posted By: ferroboy Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/29/05 10:34 PM
Rob Liefeld is a no-go for me. I just can't get behind any project he's attached to. Having made the mistake of reading X-Force #1 - which was scripted by Fabian Nicieza (who I generally love) - and seeing how bad it was, I'm convinced no good can come out of a book with his name on it. I am therefore not reading TT for two months.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/29/05 11:40 PM
This will be as hilarious as the Ambush Bug Nothing Special-- unintentionally of course!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/29/05 11:41 PM
And with McKone leaving--- hmmmm. TT needs a permanent penciller... you don't think-- OMG!!!!
Posted By: Pov Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/30/05 12:50 AM
Don't. GO. There. mad urk

Besides, it's already been announced that Reis and Campos will be the new regular art team after they finish the RANN/THANAGAR WAR mini. wink
Posted By: Kinetix Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/30/05 10:48 AM
The new permanent penciller on Teen Titans is going to be Ivan Reiss.

J
Posted By: Star Boy Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/30/05 12:21 PM
Damn! I like Reis! And here I was trying to find reasons to drop this title...

I miss YJ! frown
Posted By: Reboot Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/30/05 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Star Boy:
Damn! I like Reis! And here I was trying to find reasons to drop this title...
Don't bother trying to find reasons. If you want to drop it, do it.

Originally posted by Star Boy:
I miss YJ! frown
[img]http://tinypic.com/4se33b[/img] [img]http://tinypic.com/4se34p[/img]
Posted By: Bevis Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 04/30/05 09:26 PM
heh heh heh. *That* is part of the reason that YJ was one of the best books out there. I love PAD. Actually, I've been rereading a few YJ comic recently nad just read the one with the Huggee Thuggees and the bit with Bart thinking he was Batman. He he he.
Posted By: Pov Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 05/02/05 12:37 AM
lol

Now I need to pull out the box with my YJ's and read the whole run. laugh
Holy Moley, Lash! I've got it:

DC Comics Presents, written by Keith Giffen and art by Rob Liefield, starring Superman, the Heckler and a rotating flavor of the month!

I'd buy it!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 05/03/05 12:34 AM
OmiGAWD!!! Can you imagine the hilarity?!?!?!

Superman & Vext, or Dumb Bunny, or The Blimp, or Bat-Mite or Beppo, or Duela Dent... every issue drawn by Liefeld?!?!

Surely it would be a comedy masterpeice!
I'm really looking forward to this!
Beppo and the Subs!

Lana Lang and the Heckler!

Duela Dent and Orion!

The possibilities are endless! In all fairness, both Giffen and Liefield possess a love of obscure characters that at one time had 'awesome' status in the 70's/80's.
Posted By: Owl Lad Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 05/03/05 01:53 PM
Robin
Raven
Hawk
Dove

Is the bird theme too obvious here? Just rename Cyborg and Wonder Girl: Borg Bird and Wonder Wing.

Golden Eagle should definitely return to the ranks and help reimagine this team as the "Flying Titans".
Originally posted by Kinetix:
The new permanent penciller on Teen Titans is going to be Ivan Reiss.

J
i'm glad that IVAN is taking over the TITANS, when MIKE MCKONE leaves !! usually when a great artist like Mike leaves, we always seem to get an artist that is totally different and really bad !!

now i know that IVAN does has a different style to Mike, but his work is amazing IMO !!

loved his work on "ACTION COMICS" even though the stories weren't too great !!

and also loved his TITANS/LEGION SPECIAL & DC COUNTDOWN!!

looking forward to seeing his TITANS issues, and he draws a hot SUPERBOY to rival Mike's !!!

Matthew.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans - 05/03/05 10:00 PM
DC COMICS PRESENTS... "Duela Dent & Orion"

BWaHAHAHA! lol
© Legion World