Legion World
RobinIII WonderGirlII KidFlashII BeastBoyII Raven Cyborg Starfire

Because they'll never think to look for the Miracle Machine here.

Also: When the Titans/Legion Special hit the stores in fall of 2004, Legion World temporarily became Titans & Legion World. It turned out a lot of LWers are Titans fans. The Titans threads from that 2004 event were the basis for this new, ongoing forum.

Feel free start new threads about the Silver Age Titans, The Swingin' Seventies Titans, the blockbuster 80s Wolfman-Perez New Teen Titans, the New Titans and Team Titans, that 90s new-kids series I didn't read, the transitional The Titans, 'Toon Titans, the SF Titans, the Tiny Titans, or whoever/whatever the Titans are now.

Much like the Titans franchise---and much unlike the individual Titans---this forum refuses to die.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/09/05 10:26 PM
Next thing you know, there will be forums for SCARE TACTICS, ALPHA FLIGHT and THE NEWSBOY LEGION!

Hmm... should Lois Lane have been the first girl Newsboy Legionnaire?
BUMBLEBEE, Lash. Bumblebee.

Lilith...

Mal...

Gnarrk...

...and from that day on, MLLASH posted happily ever after....
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/09/05 10:36 PM
*looks forward to rereading his 60s and 70s TTs issues to find obscure, confounding references*
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/09/05 11:18 PM
Haha! Another great opportunity for my non-sequitur comments about characters I haven't followed since the 80s!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/12/05 07:21 AM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Next thing you know, there will be forums for SCARE TACTICS, ALPHA FLIGHT and THE NEWSBOY LEGION!
Nope. Next is the The Intergalactic Vigilante Squadron forum and the Imperial Guard forum. Their fans demand it!
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/12/05 09:28 AM
I email Marvel atleast once a month and beg them to let Giffen write an Imperial Guard book. Either his comedy style or drama style would rock!

Anywahs count me in as a Titans fan!!! And as usual the early to mid eighties is my cup of tea as the Legion! Wolfman/Perez rock!!!
This clown loves that Duela Dent!
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
I email Marvel at least once a month and beg them to let Giffen write an Imperial Guard book. Either his comedy style or drama style would rock!
Giffen seems a strange case for Legion fandom. When he was copying Frances Druillet's art style for The Great Darkness saga, he was loved. When he copied a Spanish artist's style (I forget the name) some fans despised him.

He's currently on an exclusive contract with DC, so he won't be doing any work for Marvel for a few years.
I don't think he would want to write the Imperial Guard anyway,as they don't have a version of Karate Kid for him to kill off.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 08/29/08 11:44 PM
For a franchise that has more books/covers than I can fit in the top row...it sure doesn't have that many fans who want to talk about it.

I wish Legion would get half the promotion and stories/series that the Titans have.
I'm not all that berserk any more, but I am crazy for those Tiny Titans!
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 01/25/09 10:21 PM
Alas, 'Crawler, it looks like we legion fans have recieved the played out gold mine again, nothing but the big, empty shaft.

Titans...well, like many, I really came abourd with the Perez Wolfman run.

I liked it okay, until the first crossover with Steel. That jungle setting...man, that just tore it up. After that, i was hooked for years.

Then came the age of sadness, after Grummet left, and the stories were worn, and the art was terrible.

Then, the various reboots that just felt like DC was whoring out the name.

Honestly, Young Justice felt more like a titan book than many have for years. Then, of course, DC gutted that.

And now we have the new versions, Teen and just plain Titans. On Titans, Howard Porter is the only reason i am there. Winick would usually be the reason i would not be there.

And on Teen, well, sometimes the art seems off, like Tom Derrinick with a bad inker, and sometimes it's dang awesome.

I hate this current storyline of the group losing all its members...a lot of time and money seems to be wasted on this. I want a group, it doesn't even have to have the usual "kid sidekick" component to it, other than maybe one founding member, like wonder girl currently, but it needs to be up and running.

I don't even mind a rotating cast (which i really don't like much), but just get on with telling some stories that aren't all "personal" stories. and by that i mean geered specifically to one character. I want some fast paced, hard hitting, mad scientist stories to get them back on track.

Lycus would have been good, if it wasn't for the whole ares/wg thing.

New blood is needed in the villian department.
Posted By: Lethargy Lad Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 10/07/09 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:

Well, why not?

And while you're at it, more pin-ups of Princess Ponytail!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 12/15/10 02:10 PM
Obligatory 2010 post.
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 12/15/10 10:25 PM
To discuss how awful Villains for Hire is?
Posted By: lancesrealm Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 03/21/11 02:41 PM
*tee hee!*
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 08/12/11 03:57 PM
This forum is at death's door!!
That would have been a pretty cool Cardy cover.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 11/23/11 12:40 PM
Obligatory 2011 post.
*hic*
Anyone interested in a Titans Idol game? laugh
Posted By: Beast Boy Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 01/05/13 11:31 PM
Obligatory testing post. smile
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/28/13 11:58 PM
"Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World?"

[Linked Image]
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/29/13 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by Thriftshop Debutante
[The Titans threads from that 2004 event were the basis for this new, ongoing forum.

So, you're saying (or said several years ago) I've joined a Titans forum masquerading as a Legion forum. A Titans forum with a Duela Dent split personality?

Psimon says "Ginchy!"
Posted By: Set Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/29/13 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by thothkins
So, you're saying (or said several years ago) I've joined a Titans forum masquerading as a Legion forum. A Titans forum with a Duela Dent split personality?

In my head, Duela is an honorary Legionnaire anyway. She'd be a heck of a lot more fun in that role than Elastic Jimmy or whomever!

Originally Posted by Power Boy
"Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World?"

[Linked Image]

Gizmo, you backstabbing creep, you shot Starfire right in her flaming hair! Bad career move, little man...

While I love to death that this picture is a massive melee, and not the modern day equivalent, which is two teams rushing at each other, and then nothing really happening, the busy-ness of it creates some weird impressions, like that Black Lightning is about to electrocute Raven, or that Katana has just cut Changelings snake-y head clean off.

I don't know what a suplex is, but I think Robin is about to get one from Mammoth. Possibly followed by an atomic wedgie!

Posted By: Power Boy Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/29/13 03:10 AM
BAH! There is more art in that spread than the entire "New" 52!!!!!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/29/13 03:11 AM
My originals have holes in them, and probably stains, from reading so much!
Posted By: Set Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/29/13 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by Power Boy
BAH! There is more art in that spread than the entire "New" 52!!!!!

It is awesome, because, like so much Perez art, you can keep looking at it and seeing something new. He always draws such busy pictures, and sometimes it gets a little crazy, but I love that stuff. You can go back again later and see something you missed the first time, unlike many modern artists, who can sometimes hardly be bothered to include a background, let alone stuff going on in the background...

Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/29/13 03:15 AM
Originally Posted by thothkins
Gizmo, you backstabbing creep, you shot Starfire right in her flaming hair! Bad career move, little man...

Interestingly enough, he is the member of the Fearsome Five that Dr. Sivana decided to kill as an example to the rest of that team. It appears that someone at DC was not a fan!

Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 12/11/14 11:32 PM
We had more traffic in the Titans forum than usual thanks to Lash.

Well done, Lash. Thanks again.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 12/25/18 12:47 AM
... it's easier to tend all the Titans graves in one place, following on from events like Infinite Crisis and Heroes in Crisis.
"Porque preguntar porque?"
Es necesario!

Seriously though, it helps to keep these costumed crime-fighting kids in the 21st century away from the costumed crime-fighting kids in the 31st century. Heavens knows we comic book fans are easily confused smile
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 12/30/18 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Seriously though, it helps to keep these costumed crime-fighting kids in the 21st century away from the costumed crime-fighting kids in the 31st century. Heavens knows we comic book fans are easily confused smile

How else can we cherish the team that gave us Wonder Girl, Beast Boy V, Aqua Lad, Bow Boy and Boy Wonder - The founders of the Legion!
You forgot their mascot, Proteus II! You know, Donna's sentient pet from Themyscira that turned into a centaur during a lunar eclipse.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 12/31/18 12:13 AM
D'Oh! I got Proteus II confused with Kid Kanga again!
Now now, there is no kid kanga. Only that Kangabroc that Saturn Girl raced on that one time
Kanga-Lang-a-Lang-a!
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 01/05/19 05:40 PM
Better than Kanga-Long-a-Long-a! that's for sure.
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 02/13/19 12:16 AM
I don't post here a lot, but was wondering since DC seems to be grouping the Titans and Doom Patrol together in their movies/TV shows, if we can add them to this section?
I'd err on keeping them in Dr. Gym'lls. The two teams have some ties historically, but so do the Titans and the Outsiders.
Originally Posted by Thriftshop Debutante
Much like the Titans franchise---and much unlike the individual Titans---this forum refuses to die.

Yep.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Why a Titans forum at Legion World? - 09/09/19 07:18 PM
The Titans are a key part of the origin of Bendis' Octoboot!

See that giant portal that brought the Legion back in time to ask Jon to join them? It opened on top of the T-Jet as it flew in with the Titans and Roy Harper's idea of communing together with some good pot. >splat<
© Legion World