Legion World
Posted By: MLLASH TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots - 09/29/07 01:06 AM
OK, It seems a shame that no thread for either issue has been started.

I skimmed # 50 and haven't read 51 yet, I will respond once I do.

Meanwhile, what did YOU think?!?

Offhand, I'm loving a teen-team with the uber-powered Femme Squad of Supergirl, Wonder Girl and Miss Martian.
Posted By: Vee Re: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots - 10/01/07 03:55 AM
The Titans of the Future storyline is just barely getting started and it's hard to tell where it's going but the final page in #51 is an "Oh my god!" moment.
I gotta say that I miss Tony Daniel's art. ;-(
Some creepy revelations, though. And I really like the cliffhanger in #51. It's killer. (Pun what?)

I know I may have already mentioned it, but I love Sean McKeever. And I see nothing that shakes my faith in him. It probably would've been nice if he'd introduced his own concept to wet his feet but the Titans of Tomorrow or whatever are very compelling characters, so I can see where the appeal would lie. Especially if Geoff already had plans regarding them and they interested him.

There's some neat easter eggs and I really like introing with Blue Beetle's visit. Rose especially shines with some really witty dialogue.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Kara: Hey, Ravager-- did you notice there's no future us?
Rose: Golly, gee, aren't you observant? Must come standard with the blond hair and miniskirt.</span></span>

And #50 has a neat story with my boy Wally from his Kid Flash days. Wolfman and Perez! Dick in shortpants! laugh Gotta love it. Only sad part was I realized how much I missed Mike McKone's art. frown And Young Justice.
Okay.... is ANYone still reading Teen Titans?

52 was pretty interesting, with a vibe similar to when the SW6 Legion met the adults.
Having never read the SW6 Legion or...whatever, I'll just have to take your word for it. I'm still reading-- and enjoying-- the series. The drama of it all! laugh Especially with Bart and Kon there. It's so... chilling. I can't wait to see what happens next! McKeever is definitely delivering as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing that bothers me is the disconnect between the Tim/Cassie thing and Tim's solo book where he's got a girl named Zoanne (who may or may not be his girlfriend depending on the writer). I mean, the triangle is great for storytelling, I guess but... yeah. I hate that there's never any continuity. There used to be continuity, right? Or was that just a sweet, sweet dream..?
Issue 53...

This fill-in artist guy was very Tony Daniels-esque... maybe he should take the book over.

I'm kinda ready for the "Titans of Tomorrow Today" arc to either be over or go somewhere.

I've grown weary of the slugfesting and I can't get excited about the new characters in the Titans Army because the last time I got excited about a gaggle of characters (the 2-page spread featuring the various Titans members during the one-year gap) most of them ended up dead (Only Kid Zatara and especially Miss Martian got any benefit there).
Issue 54...

Well, that's over.

Is anyone clear on the Conner/Bart reveal though?

Does this mean they will eventually be back, albeit without important past memories? That's how I saw it. Kind of depressing. And I didn't get the Miss Martian thing at the end either. Maybe I need to reread it all, don't know if I wanna.
I just flip through it at the store. Miss M. is a doll but I just haven't been interested in the title.

I get my Titans fix from TTG! and will be a-buyin' Tiny Titans...
Posted By: Vee Re: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots - 01/02/08 09:37 AM
That was a rather confusing ending Lash. I did enjoy this arc but feel as if it never really got anywhere in the end. Was it all just to set up the potential of a return to the DCU by Conner & Bart? I'm not sure if that's the case or not.

Guess we'll have to see where this all goes from here.
Please no more returns... Cassie is better for it.
Especially no return of Lex Luthor. But I think that wish is in vain, since he's apparently going to be digging his hooks in for awhile.

Sigh. Boring. To me, anway.

What a disappointment the Titans Army was. Next to no focus on the folks I wanted to know about. Just like the influx of the One Year Later members.

Boy, this title has squandered just about all of my good will. If the next storyline is similar, I'm dropping.

But I *will* pick up the other Titans title-- even with the bad taste left in my mouth from the special.

And the Year One title starts next week, I believe!
I've dropped this book.

Nearly all the characters I used to read this book for are gone (and no - I definitely do not mean Bart or Kon who I think work better dead), the stories have been uninspired and I was never the biggest Tony Daniel fan, so to look at the work of a weak imitation like Eddy Barrows every month is not much of an incentive for me.

I'll be getting my Titans fix from the Year One mini and *maybe* the Titans East series (whenever that starts) from now on.
TTY1 is on Diamond's list for this week. I know nothing about the story and am not yet sure what I think about the covers I've seen, but I'm going to get it.
I enjoyed it. It's the first time I picked up individual issues since the series began. McKeever certainly knows how to write kids. He's a good choice for replacing Johns here.
The last two issues have been really good. There's a great bit in the latest ish with a certain Titan angrily asking something about someone's panties. (How's that for a tease... go forth and buy!) I think McKeever has found his voice after the confusion of the recent future Titans storyline.
Just read the last 3 issues back to back, I actually am liking the TERROR TITANS storyline, but I'm fearful for Miss Martian. I want her separated from her evil future-self, stat.

For some reason, the Emerald Eye being around since our time never bothered me, but the Persuader's atomic axe being around DOES bother me.

Oh, and I *loved* seeing Rose kick so much ass.
I've been buying Teen Titans since the start of Geoff's version, and I really like the Terror Titans storyline.

Interesting how the heads of the Dark Side Club are all African Americans.
I fourth in my agreement that I like the Terror Titans storyline.
Whew... when did Clock King become such a freakin' badass? Hope this storyline's conclusion is as good as the rest of it has been.

I *really* like the Clock King upgrade.
Posted By: Vee Re: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots - 06/26/08 09:23 PM
Was the new issue out today or was it delayed. I didn't get it with my pull today nor did I see it on the shelf at the CBS?
There was a new issue of TT in my pull (the one with Clock King looming over the Titans). I haven't read it yet.
but I did last night, issue 60. Clock King as a badass is pretty cool. I can't believe there's going to be a TERROR TITANS mini. I think the Titans franchise is in danger of collapsing under its own weight. Teen Titans, The Titans, Tiny Titans, Teen Titans Go!, all the upcoming one-shots, Teen Titans: Year 1 *and* Terror Titans? That's a whole lotta Titans.

Still the TERROR TITANS storyline was good, and showed Rose for the badass SHE is as well. Because of her, I might get the Terror Titans mini.

Looking forward to Kid Eternity and am glad to see Miss martian and Kid Devil are sticking around!
Posted By: Vee Re: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots - 07/03/08 10:34 AM
Finally got it yesterday.

Have to agree with you Lasher. I fear for the future of the Titans franchise as well but mostly because of the constantly changing membership rather than because of the related series. This team never seems to get enough time to gel before members are added or removed. And now we are going to have another change.

Don't get me wrong, I love having Blue Beetle on the team. This is one of the few new characters to come out of 52 that I really, really like along with Megan. And I've always been a fan of Kid Eternity so I'm looking forward to meeting him and Eddie has become a really likable character.

Rose leaving to join the Terror Titans makes sense since she never really fit in my opinion although I like her as a character.

I really hope that Tim remains on the team because I don't see anyone else that can fill the role of team leader.

(Heck, now that I think of it, one of those blacked out figures in the spoiler image displayed on the DCU page of all recent issues could be Spoiler! That would be cool!)

In any case, I'm concerned that all the changes will just put this team into more of a mess which makes they're survival very uncertain.
#61-- 'Crimson Jazzerciser"!? HA! I haven't decided if I like that new look for Kid-- make that *Red* Devil (Don't like it- mainly because of that d-at-the-end-of-the-first-word-runs-into-the-d-of-the-second-word thing... it'll always sound like redevil).

Did we just witness the beginnings of a beautiful comics friendship? I hope so.

I haven't been reading Blue Beetle's own title, so I'm not really sure about what all his armor can do. And I have to admit that until the last issue or two, I haven't *really* been paying attention to TEEN TITANS- if his capabilites have been more fully explained.

Anyway, I'm glad he's now an 'official' member. Once the 'future M'gann' thing gets settled (I find her ugly and annoying), then I'll really like this incarnation.

If Kid Eternity actually *does* become a Teen Titan, then I'll be very happy. I also like the news that STATIC will be a Titan with DC's absorbing the MILESTONE characters into the DCU proper.

There's a couple more characters still to be revealed, I think.

I wonder when the roster change will occur?
It seems that the roster has been continually changing since like....52 onwrads. Before that actually. It's getting kinda annoying actually. Still Kid Eternity. Woot!
another death strikes against Titans - add two more titans member - <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Fever (so mad - really really liked her) and Molecule.</span></span>

Oh well.
#64-- Wonder Girl and Herclues need to meet again. I think that after this issue, she might have a more sympathetic attitude towards her half-brother.

Lycos is not really very interesting, apart from a strong visual and the mythological trappings.

I liked the evocation of Olympus-- showing a bit of its grandeur and not the whole gleaming city.

Fans of Bombshell should be pleased. She does now have a fairly interesting reason to be living with the Titans. Though considering her living arrangements in Titans Tower brings up questiions that are best left nebulous, perhaps.

I'm looking forward to the membership drive, and then a stable roster for awhile. The flux has been going on for 30 issues or so, now. Enough.
Does anybody else feel this Red and Blue team forced by pairing the comic sensibilities of Red Devil and Blue Beetle?

I feel this team is disjointed. Get some cohesion and make it work or this title will fall. How I wish Raven went back to her non-teenaged self after Titans #6. Her returning to her "true self", I thought that meant this teen version of herself would go away and thus solidifying her spot in the Titans book and not the Teen Titans book.
#65 showcased a pretty good big ol' fight scene and a *very* scary beastie-- Lycus can recur sometime later and I'd be perectly glad to see him (something I didn't think I'd be typing after the Marvin incident...)

There was an odd scene featuring what I think was supposed to be the King of the Olympian gods, hard to credit given events in WONDER WOMAN- though he *is* a god...

Who's the angry blonde on the issue's last page? Am I meant to know who she is?

How long till Bombshell (who's growing on me) is revealed to be related to Barry Allen?
I'm pretty sure the angry blonde is Bombshell's mom.
What a ripoff cover on the lastest TT - a recruitment cover with no confirmed recruits by issue's end. Just another angry over the top Bombshell dumping on Eddie. So, Robin no more? Wonder Girl leads the troops? Give her back her old costume. That "W" looks ridiculous.
I didn't know who half the recruits were. Whatever happened to Arrowette? Empress? IIRC, Secret ended up with Darkseid, but I don't recall where that left off. I'm surprised they weren't considering CM3, especially with his brother appearing next issue.
What did happen to Arrowette? Was she retconned out in favor of Speedy?
I think Arrowette's still around but retired.

Just read # 66, I liked it.

Beetle's pal calling his friendship with Red Devil a "bromance" totally cracked me up, but then the Bug-But/Sizzle-Shorts exchange between Jamie and Eddie gave lots of weight to the 'bromance' term. Personally, I'd love to see them hook up. They're so cute together.

I wish everyone else would be nice to Eddie, I'm tired of everyone being all assholey to him!

Misfit, I'd LOVE to see her join! I love teleporters, and she's so FUN and cute!

Nice to see Kid Slick from Arcudi's DP run, if only as a head-shot.
And oh-- yay for Misit bringing the "AWW YEAH TEEN TITANS!" catchphrase to the book!
Wow. I really liked #67 with its reintroductions of Kid Eternity and Brother Blood.

Due to happenings in the REIGN OF HELL miniseries, Kid E's powers have been curtailed a bit.

He no longer summons the dead to interact with, he *becomes* them-- or changes places with them-- or something.

Interestingly, this is how his power was first explained in the origin back in the '40's. It was promptly changed to the more familiar usage.

Wonder how long the back to basics approach will last? I kind of like it. For one thing, it makes unnecessary the whole he's-summoning-demons-that-take-the-form-of-the-chosen-dead-not-the-dead-themselves thing that I hated.

Prowling around other message boards, it looks like the addition of Kid E to the cast has met with less than glowing comment. I hope this issue helps to turn that around.

I also liked that Misfit and Traci 13 were at the Tower with no comment added. Way back, Teen Titans was described as a team/place where other teen heroes could hang out on the weekends, whenever with no strings attached. I liked that and hope this is the direction for the future.

Were we supposed to recognize the woman at the end? If the pic of the tattoo above her ass were clearer, would that make her identifiable?
"Bromance."

lol
Posted By: Set Re: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots - 02/02/09 02:59 AM
Heck, I've been waiting for the smoldering 'bromance' between Tim and Conner to be resolved, and since one is currently dead and the other has been temporarily written out, that seems to be going nowhere. smile

Cassie loves Conner about *half* as much as Tim does. I haven't seen such doe-eyed moistness between too same-sex characters since Donna Troy and Koriand'r used to make googly eyes at each other back in the Perez/Wolfman years...
TT 68: Kid E and Red Devil are the entree with a nice sidedish of Blue Beetle and Wonder Girl, followed by a tasty O&O dessert.

Kid Eternity's a character I like a lot and I've been looking forward to this issue since the cover was revealed.

I enjoyed it- quite a bit. My biggest wish would've been that the Vertigo stuff attached to Kid E would've been ignored, but I can see that wasn't really a possibility.

What was on the page, I liked. I like the visual of his very simple costume. The solid white ties into his name, I think.

I hope Kid E makes a journey to heaven, soon. I always think it's a mistake to give hell so much play in comics and almost never visit its opposite.

Olympus, Asgard (or Hades and Valhalla) should get visits, too.

I find it of note that so far we've seen Kid E 'eternalize' Tula and Kole and Aunt Marla. Editorial comment? Coincidence?

The minute limit is too constraining.

*Is* Kid E free from obligations to the Lords of Order and Chaos now?

Eddie's story takes some twists, as well. I find it hard to swallow that he'd even consider another deal. He just found out he has the metagene. He doesn't *need* the powers of hell-- more earthly power can unlock this, can't they?

I don't know if Kid Eternity's going to be a full-fledged Teen Titan or not. There seems to be fan resistance, unfortunately. I hope he has a nice, recurring guest-star status, if he doesn't join.

Heck, all kind of mileage could be gotten just having him visit each DC team and manifest their dead. Though that'd be a *very* debased use for him. I'd like more of the 'Aunt Marla' sort of eternilizations-- lots of historical ones (Alexander the Great, Leonardo Da Vinci, etc.)-- and occasionally, a dead superhero.

I wonder- can he eternalize someone who *was* dead, but came back to life? Like Green Arrow? Flash? Hal Jordan? etc. and etc.

O&O: Eddie, Beetle and Wonder Girl are the nucleus-- maybe Bombshell's joining-- no mention of Kid Eternity or Traci 13 or Misfit... Wonder Girl kisses Blue Beetle (I think)... Kid Flash's uniform floats with no one in it... Ravager has Wonder Girl at knifepoint... someone's pregnant (see Wonder Woman O&O)... Eddie lies in skeletal repose... Static's coming
I was wondering, when Sister Sentry transformed, was that her actual appearance or was she another of those sorrowling things the Kid and Eddie dealt with earlier?

Also, it was announced Sean McKeever is leaving Teen Titans. I feel sick.
#69 sees the 'final' solidification of the lineup. Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, Red Devil, Bombshell, Kid Eternity, Static, Aquagirl and Miss Martian are the kids who decide to stay-- though Argent, Offspring, Zatara and other survivors of the Dark Side Club appear before choosing to go on their own merry ways.

Except for the disturbing and creepy Face. He takes a journey of a different kind.

What do you think of this lineup? Will it stick? McKeever's moving on. Should whoever replaces him reshuffle once again?
TT ANNUAL #1-- leading to the DEATHTRAP crossover with the TITANS and VIGILANTE books.

Though the HQ-attacks scenario's been played out in just about every team book, it had its moments.

The isolation of the characters felt natural and gave us some nice glimpses of several of them alone or in pairs.

I know most readers are much bigger Rose fans than I am, and probably are also bigger supports of her romance- such as it is- with Red Devil. I think he's much more entertaining with Miss Martian. Rose seems like a decade older than either of these two.

Anyway, we aren't given any insight into Jericho-in-Cyborg's attacks here, so he's basically the trusted friend turned maniacal spree killer. Not my favorite set-up, but I think something a little more complex will be on display in the crossover proper.

It's nice to see the newest kid (among a handful of new kids-- they're new kids to some readers) save the day, but it would've been nice to see Kid Eternity and Aquagirl show a little better in battle.

My Kid Eternity comment-- I hope the writers or editors aren't limiting him to summoning Titans characters. That'd be a forced constraint.

We need to see some practice scenes with this team. His power could be disruptively distracting if he summoned up someone a character loves while said character's fighting to save lives.

I'm thinking a Jericho-in-Kid Eternity sequence could be verrry readable.

Bombshell's growing on me.
Sounds like TT is really picking up. I'm behind, need to hit the CBS ASAP!
Posted By: Set Re: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots - 04/04/09 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
[QB] #69 sees the 'final' solidification of the lineup. Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, Red Devil, Bombshell, Kid Eternity, Static, Aquagirl and Miss Martian are the kids who decide to stay
It looks like Bombshell is taking on the 'moody loner who doesn't play well with others' role from Rose, which is fine, since she seems to be being groomed for a solo book of her own or something. Having the two of them on the same team would be a surfeit of chick-tosterone, methinks.

Kid Eternity feels like he belongs in a Vertigo book. I like the idea, but I'm not sure how 'team-friendly' his power is. It's a little too awesome, if he can channel the power of the dead he contacts, and a little dangerous to any sort of mystery plot if he can just contact any dead spirit and ask it questions. Still, perhaps this has already been thought of.

I liked Red Devil with powers better than Eddie-in-suit, but I'm sure he can touch it up and make it a little more up to date. He's been one of my favorites of this new band of Titans.

Love Miss Martian, am loving what I'm seeing so far of this new Aquagirl (Tula never really made much of any impression on me, and I'm afraid my big reaction when she died in Crisis was 'oh no, Aqualad's girlfriend!') and Static really seems likely to be a bit more than the rest of the team is ready for, given his solo career. It would not at all be out of the question for him to end up in charge of this iteration of the Titans!

Argent would also have been on my short list of wannabe members, but I'll see what they do with Blue Beetle or Cassie, who, IMO, have had some fairly formulaic roles lately (comic relief for Beetle, leader-with-doubts for Wonder Girl v2.0).
TEEN TITANS #70: Pretty much the events of the previous DEATHTRAP issues from the POV of the *Teen* Titans, with added exploding plane footage (this figured way too prominently in the story, I thought). I guess it did serve to bring Ravager back to the cast and to set the stage for a confrontation with her brother.
When did Rose get precognitive powers? Did I miss something?
DEATHSTROKE #51 (1995)
#71: Ravager pays a visit and converses with Eddie, WG and Bombshell-- I like her more here than I ever have. I'm glad she'll get exposure in the upcoming back-up. I hope it's successful and that when she rejoins the team (or whatever), that other Titan characters get similar opportunity.

Kid E. is good for a fake out. There's one scene where the grouped Titans appear and there with them is Pantha. It took me a second to notice the 'glow' and realize that KE (as himself) wasn't with the team. He also has an interesting convo with WG.

I liked Yildiray Cinar's work here. I'm unfamiliar with this artist but I hope he/she gets more assignments.
Pantha? I thought it was Fever...who died during the Terror Titans storyline.
The new solicit for TEEN TITANS # 75 is up at newsarama, and the new writer for the series is named... Felicia D. Henderson, a TV writer that's worked for FRINGE, GOSSIP GIRLS, MOESHA.

TV writers taking over comics have resulted in a some good work, some less so. I just hope she can maintain the schedule. That's really my only concern.

The cover shown has all the current members except Kid Devil and Kid Eternity. Which is alarming considering the cover to *last* month's issue featuring a coffin.

I wondered if that coffin might be that of an already dead Titan, unearthed for some reason. But I guess that's less than likely. Unfortunately.

I'm really tired of Titan deaths, but I'm hardly alone in that.
Well ML, then you might want to avoid TITANS #15. There's a preview of it up on DC's Blog spot. It's dedicated to Tempest, and he mentions some unhappy news.
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Well ML, then you might want to avoid TITANS #15. There's a preview of it up on DC's Blog spot. It's dedicated to Tempest, and he mentions some unhappy news.
where the preivews?!?!? I want to see! frown link, please. laugh
oopppss double-posting. sorry. my fault entirely.
Now to be fair, this is merely written in caption dialouge, so take it for what it's worth. And don't click if you don't want a preview.
DC blog - The Source
Geez, Tempest has some seriously bad luck. Poor guy.
both Garths always have bad luck - Aqualad and Lightning Lad.
Read the latest Teen Titans with the kids all out on the town (I may be one behind still, not sure) and I was shocked. Was a Teen Titans comic...actually pretty good? I think it actually might have been.

Miss Martian continues to be endearing, Static is a welcome addition and even Bombshell was good this issue. The Traci 13 / Blue Beetle / Aquagirl romantic triangle tension was interesting to see. As a former reader of Beetle's title, I personally like him with Traci, but I like the influx of some new tensions. The Beetle / Devil friendship is also a highlight of the last year of the series for me since so much of it was bad.

Cassie continues to be brooding to the point of making the Punisher seem like Mary Poppins. Enough already. Have Kon-El and Robin show back-up and lets see some progress.

The series feels like its so close to getting back on track, but its felt that way before like ten times since Geoff left and each time has taken two steps backwards. I hope the line-up stays stable, adding some stability to the title itself, and DC's "shock" mentality recedes. But with Didio directly editing the title, I doubt it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Raven & Changling (Beast Boy--ughh, change it back!) rejoin the Teen Titans rather than the other title.
Words cannot express how much I hated the cover to #74. Cynical with no wit, jaded with no irony- in short, the very worst qualities of storytelling prevalent in the last couple of decades encapsulated in one boring picture.

Thankfully, the insides are much better.

It wasn't fun seeing <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Eddie die heroically. I sort of expect that unexamined metagene and his 'Devil' persona to kick in, though. </span></span>

However, the story was skillfully presented, I thought.

I'm tired of depressed-at-every-turn Wonder Girl and look forward to her post-Superboy-reunion appearances. I did like that she found her resolve, but I think a conversation with Donna or Diana would've been welcome. I don't want the mentors making frequent appearances, but characterization-building visits shouldn't be avoided, either.

I was expecting Kid Eternity to be kidnapped by someone connected to the Black Lantern story. I enjoyed the surprise of being wrong and was pleasurably disturbed by <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Calculator's kidnapping of the kid and the creepy use to which he's putting KE's power. I'm not sure how he's doing it, but I'm betting there'll be consequences... </span></span>

I found it sad how the Titans KE called his friends spoke of him.
I've been reading this one, too smile

I liked a little Fearsome Five action, Shimmer and Jinx needed a little page time. Wonder Girl is making a bit sick, she gets really interesting and then she gets depressed, she seems to do that a lot. I really like Kid E's addition, I think he could make for a very interesting story line.
I hope you're right about Eddie, Toddkins... that (what happened) really annoyed me!!
I dunno- Shimmer's not the same gal since her resurrection. Understandably, I guess. I'm glad Jinx is back with the Fearsome Five, though the Titans or other heroes probably wouldn't be. She has a lot of potential- and magic users aren't characters I tend to gravitate towards.

Still, I always like it when the Five and some group of Titans fight. They're actually more entertaining than Titans vs. Trigon reruns, or Deathstroke vs. Titans.

I'm glad you like Kid E! He needs all the fans he can get.
I wonder why not Shimmer, Psimon, and Gizmo become Black Lanternized? hmm.
I've just become numb to TEEN TITANS lately. The art is nice and all but the story feels like nothing's there.

Nothing I care about anyway.

Well, I *did* enjoy the knockdown, dragout between Rose and her father.

Plus those pesky BLACKEST NIGHT zombies for added fun.
OK- I've grown to like Ravager a good bit more than I once did, and I thought her choice as lead for the back-ups made a sort of sense, considering the way it fit in with events in the main title, and given that she's probably been the character with the most dynamic characterization in this team, but I still question her and her family taking over the title in entirety for two issues.

Especially when there's a missing teammate that the team has glibly 'abandoned'...

Given all that, I did like the second issue of the two. The unending twists in Ravager's family are surprising and worth reading (I just wish they took place against the backdrop of a *Teen Titans* story, if they're going to appear in a title with that logo on the cover). Jericho's appearance and reversal in fortune was a bit of a shocker.

Deathstroke's set to lead some team with 'Titans' in the title in the near future (I know- did you flinch? A little bile come up in your throat? And a little twinge that Doug Ramsay would translate as 'well, that could be interesting' spoken in the language of guilt?).

I guess if Jericho's onboard, as would seem to be indicated by the way events were left, I guess that makes the 'Titans' usage a *bit* more legit. Provisionally.
Like Lash said above, I've just become numb to the Teen Titans these days. In fact, I'd say the Teen Titans have been consistently the single worst major comic book title from any comic book company for the last 3 years. Honestly, there's just nothing else this bad out there.

Every so often there will be a glimmer of hope but those are few and far between. The latest issue, #78, a Blackest Night tie-in featuring Ravager, Jericho and Deathstroke wasn't bad--okay, even--but it wasn't anything that could get me to really care about this title again. I just feel like I've seen it all before, and the back and forth between these three characters going from good to bad to good again reminds me of the 90's X-Men at its worst. I do like Ravager a lot; she's probably been my favorite Titan since OYL. But Jericho and Deathstroke, both of whom I used to care about, I really just don't anymore.

As it stands, I'll try to find something to like about the Teen Titans comic but I don't even know what its supposed to look like anymore post-BN. DC really did a number on this title. And Titans--ha, yeah right. That's a huge pass from me. I collect almost every DC title so I think when I'm not collecting one of them, that's my way of saying its a big pile of shit. And that's what the Titans comic has been. The new focus doesn't make me think it will be anything otherwise.
I like Static. I like that the Titans visited Dakota City. I liked that Holocaust played Static and the reader. Well, I, at least, thought maybe he was edging into a believable gray there for a minute.

But the issue was less than the worth of its parts. A lot less.

Bring on Superboy and Kid Flash. Rescue Kid Eternity. Take the team to hell and bring Eddie back.

Just no more leadership squabbles or posturing about who belongs there and who doesn't. Please.
Just for the record, I've dropped TEEN TITANS as of 80. I put 81 back on the shelf Friday.

I will return when the price goes back down or the stories get vastly better.
Thoughts on the members of the Titans, currently.

Wonder Girl: Boring as hell and an incompetent leader.

Cyborg: Condescending and uninteresting.

Beast Boy: If he and Raven hadn't broken up for the umpteenth time, I dunno. He was funnier in the cartoons.

Raven: I usually like the dark ones with the somewhat sarcastic sense of humor, but recently... liker her cartoon counterpart a LOT better.

Miss Martian: Love her.

Kid Devil: Feel bad for him, because losing his powers was almost certainly signing the death warrant.

Aquagirl: A tease who beat up a guy who was making lewd references. She's hitting on a guy with a girlfriend. Can you say "the pot and the kettle"?

Superboy: His death/rebirth is another one of the arguments against bringing back Lian Harper, in terms of the status quo and the reset button. The emotional growth thing is cool, but we've barely seen him in Smallville since Johns stopped writing Adventure Comics, and he's once again become a secondary character.

Kid Flash: Not really sure what to say.

Bombshell: Her I liked even though she was traitor, and the story where she came back proved she wasn't a heartless jerk everyone, including herself, thought she was.

Static: From what I've heard, this is almost an entirely different character from the one who was in his own comic a few years back.

Blue Beetle: No opinion either way.
Is anyone still buying this book?
I'm not.
Nope
Say, did Kid Eternity actually DO anything while he was on the team? You know, aside from being kidnapped and killed.
Maybe some of this Titan-kill-craziness can take out uber-awful Damien!

Now if only the Joker could join the Teen Titans!
Skimmed through Teen Titans to see Damien. As I figured, Damien is even more annoying than usual here.
Issue #92 is a crossover with 'Red Robin' with Tim getting help from his former teammates to take down the Calculator... Tim and Damian argue a lot and at one point simultaneously declare, "We're not brothers!"... 'oh, brother' is all I can say to that element of the story... I like seeing Tim, Connor, Cassie, and Bart together... the other Teen Titans brought very little to the story... the art reminded me of a Mad Magazine parody... Damian looked a little too much like Alfred E. Neuman in a couple of panels... in terms of spoilers...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">It should come as no surprise that Damian is out and Tim is back in with the Teen Titans... guess it can only be a good thing for the 'Teen Titans' book since Tim is such a strong character... </span></span>

All in all not a bad crossover but I won't be sticking around...
How, how does Titans manage to just... keep getting so awful with each passing issue? HOW?
I won't ever know. Until they reboot it back to the point where all the dead Titans are alive again, the franchise is dead to me. I'm very happy with my groovy back-issues.
^ Same. I'm so past the Titans franchise I have trouble conceiving of what on earth they could do with that book to get me interested again.

I'm over the Wolfman/Perez Titans.
I'm over the Fab Five Titans.
I'm over the Young Justice Titans.

I think the only Titans book that I would be remotely interested in reading about would be the new adventures of the forgotten 70s Titans - Mal, Karen, Lilith, Charley, Bette, Gnarrk, Don, Hank.

Sadly, that book's never going to happen. frown
Bill Walko has stated his high interest in doing just such a book, with the whole groovy 70s cast.

Of course it would have to be out of continuity, which is fine with me. Continuity ain't all that.

His take would be more along a "tween/Archie" take, which could do well. I myself would go with a more Rozakis-like take, but if it were ever to come about in any form I would buy it!
So. Looks like I'll be buying the relaunched # 1.

Prepare yourself; if this isn't any good, it's going to get real ugly real fast here.
Posted By: Set Re: TEEN TITANS series SPOILERS and Whatnots - 08/26/11 12:31 AM
I like Brett Booth's art, from back in the Wildcore/Backlash days over at Image, so I'll at least get the first issue, to look at the purty pictures.

If the characterizations of these new(ish) Titans (and the actual new ones) are interesting, I'll probably hang out for a few more issues.

I'm surprised they aren't calling it Young Justice, since the core of the team is Conner, Tim, Bart and Cassie.
I'm most interested in the insectlike girl; and I do like the artist as well. Lobdell's last series I read (Alpha Flight) was enjoyable to me, so we'll see...
Originally posted by MLLASH:
if this isn't any good, it's going to get real ugly real fast here.
Ha, ha, ha!
If Lobdell throws in some guest appearances from past Titans, I may just pick this up too.
TEEN TITANS #1: Somehow I think if DC knew the reaction they'd get with Starfire and Catwoman's introductions, they would've come up with a different way to present Cassie.

I thought the 'thief' stuff would center on stealing a lasso from Olympus... not a repeat car thief. This is a super-heroine?

She should be in jail.

Red Robin comes across OK. Kid Flash has been regressed without adding anything new.

The new characters on the cover are nowhere in sight.

Not a great beginning.
RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #1: Roy and Jason- kind of fun, in a frat boy kind of way. Kory- if this were a new character, she might be interesting, provocative even.

Erasing love from Tamaranean sexuality is beyond cynical. It's so ugly, I can't even quite comprehend it. I wonder if R'yander would have the same drive? I somehow doubt it.

And not being able to recognize humans? Or remember those she called friends? Awful.

The opening scenes were fun and exciting, though. And the art was quite good. The 'cheesecake' was nothing we haven't seen for Starfire before, and didn't make me bat a lash. Till I read the words spoken about her.

Like everyone else, I wonder who 'Dustin' is... and am, once again, annoyed by no Wally or Donna.
Whoa. It does sound odd... One of the things I liked most about Starfire and the Tamaraneans was the focus on their emotions; that is, being a proud and passionate race. I know the toon focused on that a lot, but I think it had roots in the comics.

Hmmm, come to think of it, Starfire should have gotten a bigger role in Blackest Night...
© Legion World